UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Beer Sponsers?????
Pages (13): « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 12 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
GrimReaper
Banned

Wipeoutfan

Don't take this the wrong way..But is there any subject you do not know it all on? Seems like every post you post on here you know it all about whatever the subject is and no one else has a flipping clue from how you talk/type That you are right and everyone else is wrong.

This post started out about a stinking banner from bud at a UKC event and you as well as others have went way beyond that.Why the heck don't you all let it go now? or does that make to much sense?

Oh and by the way don't bother trying the bible stuff with me.i really don't care about that stuff

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-06-2008 04:35 AM
GrimReaper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GrimReaper Click here to Send GrimReaper a Private Message Find more posts by GrimReaper Add GrimReaper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Wipeoutfan
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by GrimReaper
Wipeoutfan

Don't take this the wrong way..But is there any subject you do not know it all on? Seems like every post you post on here you know it all about whatever the subject is and no one else has a flipping clue from how you talk/type That you are right and everyone else is wrong.

This post started out about a stinking banner from bud at a UKC event and you as well as others have went way beyond that.Why the heck don't you all let it go now? or does that make to much sense?

Oh and by the way don't bother trying the bible stuff with me.i really don't care about that stuff

Grim,I have noticed over the years that people who dont like the message attack the messenger. I used to do the same thing grim..I understand. I dont take your attacks,or anyone elses personal.

When it comes to the Bible and the teachings of Chirst it is either black or white, right or wrong, heaven or Hell.there is no gray area. For some that is hard to swallow and makes them realize they have a choice to make. Some dont like that.

One last thing and I am out of here for a few nights....

Christians dont recognize Gandhii as a biblical leader, Buddha as a God, and other Christians in the liquor store or hooters restaurants.

Once someone gets a sip of the living water that flows from a fountain that never ends you wont want to even look upon alcohol.

Think about that one for a while.

Coma's Flatrock Lady

"gas prices arent too high....they just rose too quickly"Barak Hussein Obama 6-10-08

"We have to slow the American economy down to fight global warming" Bill Clinton

Last edited by Wipeoutfan on 02-06-2008 at 05:07 AM

Old Post 02-06-2008 05:03 AM
Wipeoutfan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Wipeoutfan Click here to Send Wipeoutfan a Private Message Click Here to Email Wipeoutfan Visit Wipeoutfan's homepage! Find more posts by Wipeoutfan Add Wipeoutfan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GrimReaper
Banned

Wipeoutfan

For one thing I was not attacking you.Was asking you a question and you took it as a attack

Another thing is I probably have forgot more about the bible then alot have known or will know.Its just not my thing anymore for my own person reasons.

As far as drinking beer,wine whiskey or whatever i don't drink never have never will.I have better things to spend my hard earned money on other then booze.But at the same time if someone else chooses to drink it does not bother me a bit.If someone wants to get drunk out of their mind or just have one of two drinks as long as they don't get in a car or truck and go down the road.What business is it of your's..mine or anyone elses? They are who has to answer for their actions at the end of time.No one but then.

As far as religion and all that stuff I think if some was not so pushy trying to force their beliefs on others,and go about it in a different way.They just might have better results in converting whoever.No one that I have ever met likes anything shoved down their throat.

I agree with scbluetickgirl also its time to just drop this mess and agree to disagree and move on.Some have gone way overboard on what started out over a stupid banner at a hunt.Give ir a break now and move on.

Old Post 02-06-2008 05:22 AM
GrimReaper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GrimReaper Click here to Send GrimReaper a Private Message Find more posts by GrimReaper Add GrimReaper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
houndsound
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Wipeoutfan
Last post and then you guys can share your favorite puking moments.....

Woe unto [them that are] mighty to drink wine, and men of strength to mingle[mix] strong drink:

Which justify the wicked for reward, and take away the righteousness of the righteous from him!
(Isaiah 5:21-22)

Oh my, where to begin. First I'll say I appreciate your zeal and enthusiasm for the Lord, misguided as they may be in this area.... I sincerely mean that.

Now to answer your simple question out of respect... does God teach us to practice evil in moderation.... of course not. The debate isn't that... no one said evil was permisable. The question is wether or not alcohol in itself is evil. For one, it is second only to water as the most useful agent one will have in a chemical lab of any type.... so for that use I can't think it's evil, I doubt you would either. So moving on then is having a drink evil... that's the question for debate. You think it is, I don't think it is. For example I've never once been drunk (even though you insinuated it with the puking remark) but will enjoy a beer once in a while. This to me is really about what Paul wrote about when he talked about the struggle believers were having over meat sacrificed to idols... he said, if it causes you to sin don't do it.... but if it doesn't cause you to sin... go ahead. Grace!!!!!!!!

You quoted a bunch of scripture, some not even dealing with alcohol. Any that are close to being commands would be considered O.T. Law.... so then can I assume you hold yourself to the entire O.T. law?

You've contradicted yourself once on here.... you said (I think it was you forgive me if I'm wrong) that the Greek word for wine actually meant grape juice in the wedding miracle. The truth was however was that the word could mean either, which I see you later mentioned.

Now however I asked a simple question and out of respect I really hope you answer it. You said Jesus REPEATEDLY taught abstinence from alcohol. I asked you to show this or admit you are in error saying things the Bible never says. And p.s., don't dare say people are attacking you as "the messegner" then sign you last post- I'll leave you to your puking moments.

Also, the post where I quoted Jesus talking about him and John being criticized..... you never responded to the text. Nor did you respond to the question about caffine.... please if you're going to present yourself as the ultimate authority on Scripture you will have to answer these questions.

dk

Old Post 02-06-2008 05:35 AM
houndsound is offline Click Here to See the Profile for houndsound Click here to Send houndsound a Private Message Click Here to Email houndsound Find more posts by houndsound Add houndsound to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dustin Reece
UKC Forum Member

Just thought I would ask. How much longer are we goining to debate this matter???

Old Post 02-06-2008 06:05 AM
Dustin Reece is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dustin Reece Click here to Send Dustin Reece a Private Message Click Here to Email Dustin Reece Find more posts by Dustin Reece Add Dustin Reece to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
houndsound
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Dustin Reece
Just thought I would ask. How much longer are we goining to debate this matter???

HOw long would you like it debated???? Great thing about these boards... click on what you want... don't click on what you don't. Take care!

ck

Old Post 02-06-2008 08:37 AM
houndsound is offline Click Here to See the Profile for houndsound Click here to Send houndsound a Private Message Click Here to Email houndsound Find more posts by houndsound Add houndsound to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
houndsound
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Hoindsound..I had a huge long post made out as a reply to your question but I can answer with a question back to you...

Please answer with a simple yes or no....

Did Jesus teach us to practice evil in moderation?

I decided to give you a few points I go by on this subject....

1) The Bible does teach total abstinence from alcohol. Both the main Hebrew word for wine and the Greek word for wine can mean either fermented grape juice or intoxicating wine. Teh word in the original texts that referto the wine Jesus drank and mademeans unfermented or fresh squeezed. it is a totally different word that the original wordsused to referto strong drink or drubkenss. The English word wine originally had two meanings also - unfermented juice or alcoholic drink.

2) In the Bible, verses to show God approves of wine are speaking about unfermented juice. Verses that expose the evils of wine are speaking about intoxicating wine.

Habakkuk 2:15 - Woe to him that gives his neighbor drink.

Matthew 24:48-51 - A drinking servant is unprepared for his Lord’s return

Romans 14:21 - Do not do anything that will hurt your testimony as a believer.

1 Corinthians 5:11 - If a Christian brother is a drinker, do not associate with him.

Ephesians 5:18 - In contrast to being drunk with wine, the believer is to be filled with the Spirit.

1 Timothy 3:2-3 - Bishops (elders) are to be temperate, sober, and not near any wine.

Daniel 5:4 - Drinking wine was combined with praising false gods.

Hosea 4:11 - Intoxicating wine takes away intelligence.

Hosea 7:5 - God reproves princes for drinking. WasJesus not a "Prince"

Daniel 5:1 - Belshazzar, ruler of Babylon; led his people in drinking.

Ecclesiastes 10:17 - A land is blessed when its leaders do not drink.

Proverbs 23:19-20 - A wise person will not be among the drinkers of alcoholic beverages.

Deuteronomy 32:33 - Intoxicating wine is like the poison of serpents, the cruel venom of asps.

I have about 100 more verses that speak negatively of wine/strong drink/etc. I cant find any that speak good of drinking fermented beverages.

O.K.- I first need to know if you copy and pasted this list of verses or paraphrased them yourself? Becuase if you copied them you should take them off asap. If you parpaphrased them you should apologize for twisting Scripture. I've always said (as most Christians) that the Bible speaks of being drunk as a sin, not the drink itself. Every verse you listed talks about being drunk... you however paraphrased them to talk about the drink in general. Just so everyone knows that I'm not making this up I'll go through each one.

You said: "Habakkuk 2:15 - Woe to him that gives his neighbor drink."
The verse actually says, " 15"Woe unto him that giveth his neighbor drink, that puttest thy bottle to him, and makest him drunken also, that thou mayest look on his nakedness!"--- so if you only quote half the verse you have a point.... but the verse in entirity is clearly speaking of getting people drunk to take sexual advantage of them... it's not just saying wine is bad.

You said: "Matthew 24:48-51 - A drinking servant is unprepared for his Lord’s return"
The verse actually says, " 48But if that evil servant shall say in his heart, `My lord delayeth his coming,' 49and shall begin to smite his fellow servants and to eat and drink with the drunken,"---- clearly talking about getting drunk... not just the drink.

You said: "1 Corinthians 5:11 - If a Christian brother is a drinker, do not associate with him."
The passage actually says, "11But I now have written unto you not to keep company with any man who is called a brother if he is a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolater, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner. With such a one you are not even to eat."----again you twisted a passage talking about behavior (drunkard) and tried to make it sound as if the passage means anyone that drinks. It cleary says drunkard!

You said: "Ephesians 5:18 - In contrast to being drunk with wine, the believer is to be filled with the Spirit." This one you actually got right, but note it again talks about being drunk, not merely drinking.

You said: "1 Timothy 3:2-3 - Bishops (elders) are to be temperate, sober, and not near any wine."
The passage actually says, "2A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, vigilant, sober, of good behavior, given to hospitality, apt at teaching; 3not given to wine, not violent, not greedy for filthy lucre, but patient, not a brawler, not covetous".-------- It says not given to wine (meaning an addict) and you just added the "not near any wine" all together??? WOW. I hope you copied this stuff and didn't add stuff to Scripture on your own.

You said: "Daniel 5:1 - Belshazzar, ruler of Babylon; led his people in drinking. and Daniel 5:4 - Drinking wine was combined with praising false gods." ---- You're right it was combined with praising false gods, and if you'd read the text you'd see feasting was also combined with praising false gods.... so if you're going to be consistent with your logic you're going to have to give up food.

You said: "Ecclesiastes 10:17 - A land is blessed when its leaders do not drink."
The passage actually says, " 17Blessed art thou, O land, when thy king is the son of nobles, and thy princes eat in due season, for strength and not for drunkenness!"-----again you changed the meaning of the text all together.... it's talking about a behavior (drunkenness) and you tried to make it about the drink itself.

You said: "Proverbs 23:19-20 - A wise person will not be among the drinkers of alcoholic beverages."
The passage actually says, "19Hear thou, my son, and be wise, and guide thine heart in the way. 20Be not among winebibbers, among riotous eaters of flesh;---- winebibber not a drinker of alcoholic beverage like you changed it to say.

You said: "Deuteronomy 32:33 - Intoxicating wine is like the poison of serpents, the cruel venom of asps."
The passage is actually more of an allegory saying how Israel was defiled by foriegners and it's saying that wine from Sodom to Israel is like poison.... and just before that it also says the grapes from Sodom are poison... so by your logic you'll have to give up grapes.

So I don't doubt you have 100 more verses like these. It's easy to come up with verses to support you point when you don't actually quote the verse... but instead paraphrase it and change the meaning. For someone that was harping on people about not rightly dividing the Word of truth, sir you have embarrased yourself. If you just copied that list from a web site and want to take it down I'll gladly apologize... but if you take credit for that you infact are twisting the passages clearly in ways they weren't penned to do. You're putting your tradition (Christians shouldn't drink) over your regard for the Bible.

Please address these verses, or how you handled them I should say, before we continue. I'm more then happy to discuss this... but if you're going to twist what the Bible clearly says.... I'll probally just go have a beer and not take part in the discussion.

dk

Old Post 02-06-2008 09:46 AM
D_mn it Boy
New UKC Forum Member

Ok here goes

well I have not been on here in a while but this thread kind of caught my eye. I am a avid drinker and love a good Cold beer. I don't force it on no one and I don't bother nobody when I do drink which is everyday. Mr. Edwards I am sorry to hear you lost your sister to a drunk driver that is bad but there are other things as bad. Losing a love one to anything is bad. But getting back to drinking and advertising alcohol don't see a problem with it. Mr. Edwards I bet you don't look at the advertising of all those beautiful women on those commercials wearing as little as they can get away with. Cause such things as that would make a man lust and my God that is a Sin as well. I bet all you folk turn the TV off when they advertising all that good food that you all may or may not over indulge in. Being a Fat Azz is a sin as well so look at yourself in the mirror and ask yourself am I a sinner. My God I have Sinned when it comes to eating just look at me. LMFAO!! To me what me & God have going on is no one's business but our's. And this post beat the crap out of me. Just read this crap.

1) The Bible does teach total abstinence from alcohol. Both the main Hebrew word for wine and the Greek word for wine can mean either fermented grape juice or intoxicating wine. Teh word in the original texts that referto the wine Jesus drank and mademeans unfermented or fresh squeezed. it is a totally different word that the original wordsused to referto strong drink or drubkenss. The English word wine originally had two meanings also - unfermented juice or alcoholic drink.

2) In the Bible, verses to show God approves of wine are speaking about unfermented juice. Verses that expose the evils of wine are speaking about intoxicating wine.

1 Corinthians 5:11 - If a Christian brother is a drinker, do not associate with him.

Ephesians 5:18 - In contrast to being drunk with wine, the believer is to be filled with the Spirit.

1 Timothy 3:2-3 - Bishops (elders) are to be temperate, sober, and not near any wine.

Proverbs 23:19-20 - A wise person will not be among the drinkers of alcoholic beverages.

Deuteronomy 32:33 - Intoxicating wine is like the poison of serpents, the cruel venom of asps.

I have about 100 more verses that speak negatively of wine/strong drink/etc. I cant find any that speak good of drinking fermented beverages.

You my Man are like most Church goers and so called Christians you make it up as you go. That is what is wrong with religions these days any way. People take what they want out of the Bible and use it againest folk trying to get them to live the way they want you to live but not the way God has really said. We all come up short at times and I say ALL. Yea that judge be Judged by the same Judge don't forget that. If you got a problem with me soaking down that good Cold Beer then brother you pray for me and tell God how much you love me and want me to stop what I am doing because you think it is bad for me and those around me. Don't you chastize me because of what you think is right. Clean out your own closet before you get into mine or anyone else's. Now I am getting off my soap box and going to the living room to drink me a cold beer. Have a great day.

Former Home of Dirty Rotten Fangs & Dirty Rotten Fangs JR

Old Post 02-06-2008 11:22 AM
D_mn it Boy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for D_mn it Boy Click here to Send D_mn it Boy a Private Message Find more posts by D_mn it Boy Add D_mn it Boy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
coon dawg
UKC Forum Member

Re: Ok here goes

quote:
Originally posted by D_mn it Boy
well I have not been on here in a while but this thread kind of caught my eye. I am a avid drinker and love a good Cold beer. I don't force it on no one and I don't bother nobody when I do drink which is everyday. Mr. Edwards I am sorry to hear you lost your sister to a drunk driver that is bad but there are other things as bad. Losing a love one to anything is bad. But getting back to drinking and advertising alcohol don't see a problem with it. Mr. Edwards I bet you don't look at the advertising of all those beautiful women on those commercials wearing as little as they can get away with. Cause such things as that would make a man lust and my God that is a Sin as well. I bet all you folk turn the TV off when they advertising all that good food that you all may or may not over indulge in. Being a Fat Azz is a sin as well so look at yourself in the mirror and ask yourself am I a sinner. My God I have Sinned when it comes to eating just look at me. LMFAO!! To me what me & God have going on is no one's business but our's. And this post beat the crap out of me. Just read this crap.

You my Man are like most Church goers and so called Christians you make it up as you go. That is what is wrong with religions these days any way. People take what they want out of the Bible and use it againest folk trying to get them to live the way they want you to live but not the way God has really said. We all come up short at times and I say ALL. Yea that judge be Judged by the same Judge don't forget that. If you got a problem with me soaking down that good Cold Beer then brother you pray for me and tell God how much you love me and want me to stop what I am doing because you think it is bad for me and those around me. Don't you chastize me because of what you think is right. Clean out your own closet before you get into mine or anyone else's. Now I am getting off my soap box and going to the living room to drink me a cold beer. Have a great day.

..............well put............

Old Post 02-06-2008 11:44 AM
coon dawg is offline Click Here to See the Profile for coon dawg Click here to Send coon dawg a Private Message Find more posts by coon dawg Add coon dawg to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BRYAN J
UKC Forum Member

I think I saw where Craig isn't going to reply to this post anymore. Said his peace and is done.

SAVE THE COON, HUNT WITH A HOUND!

Old Post 02-06-2008 12:40 PM
BRYAN J is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BRYAN J Click here to Send BRYAN J a Private Message Click Here to Email BRYAN J Find more posts by BRYAN J Add BRYAN J to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Wipeoutfan
Banned

Houndsound..Your hopeless.....

If you can condone "responsible drinkling", then I can condone responsible cocaine use, responisble porn use, etc using the same argument and denying of scriptures you have.

I have NEVER met a True born again Christian who kept up the habit of drinking beer or any form of alcohol after they were saved. A dog returns to it's own vomit. Christians that get the real Holy spirit conversion do not.

If you cant see that no amount of scripture will sway your mind.

Christians who drink lose their testimony to the lsot and drunkards they meet and prove they have no real convictions. If you can condone partaking of alcohol then you will condone anything.

Coma's Flatrock Lady

"gas prices arent too high....they just rose too quickly"Barak Hussein Obama 6-10-08

"We have to slow the American economy down to fight global warming" Bill Clinton

Old Post 02-06-2008 01:37 PM
Wipeoutfan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Wipeoutfan Click here to Send Wipeoutfan a Private Message Click Here to Email Wipeoutfan Visit Wipeoutfan's homepage! Find more posts by Wipeoutfan Add Wipeoutfan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
coon dawg
UKC Forum Member

........only GOD has the right to spiritually judge a human being....................this thread soooooo points out why....................

Old Post 02-06-2008 01:40 PM
coon dawg is offline Click Here to See the Profile for coon dawg Click here to Send coon dawg a Private Message Find more posts by coon dawg Add coon dawg to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Wipeoutfan
Banned

Re: ..........

quote:
Originally posted by coon dawg
........only GOD has the right to spiritually judge a human being....................this thread soooooo points out why....................

Really??? Jesus taught us to judge others so we wont be led astray by false teachings and false gospels.....

We as Christians are not to go thru life with blinders on and accept anything just becasue someone else does it.
If we are not to judge people why are we instructed to not allow people who speak of a false Jesus or Gospel into our houses?? If we are not judge others why are we instructed to live a separated life from the world??
The "thous shjalt not judge" quote is one of the most often used, mos often taken out of context verses in the Bible.

I never expected the majority of you folks to accept what I say. The Bible says in the last days people will not accept sound Biblical doctrine. They will shun it. They will mock the man of God standing for what is right. Man will have a way he believes is right but actually leads to Hell. They will call the unclean clean and the unrighteous righteous. Church members will listen have itching ears and listen to preachers that tickle their ears and shun the ones that stand on the Bible.

This is common folks..I am not surprised. I am glad you guys have never listened to the sermons by the late great Billy Sunday. You guys would have chased him down and had him killed for his comments on "Christians" who drink and support alcohol. he probably saw more people save dthan any modern day preacher. He shut beer joints down when he preached.Most closed out of repsect...Look what we have today...Christians who drink castiugating one that says it isnt right.

The Bible is dead on in it's predictions about the last days.

Coma's Flatrock Lady

Old Post 02-06-2008 01:54 PM
coon dawg
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: ..........

quote:
Really??? Jesus taught us to judge others so we wont be led astray by false teachings and false gospels.....

We as Christians are not to go thru life with blinders on and accept anything just becasue someone else does it.
If we are not to judge people why are we instructed to not allow people who speak of a false Jesus or Gospel into our houses?? If we are not judge others why are we instructed to live a separated life from the world??
The "thous shjalt not judge" quote is one of the most often used, mos often taken out of context verses in the Bible.

I never expected the majority of you folks to accept what I say. The Bible says in the last days people will not accept sound Biblical doctrine. They will shun it. They will mock the man of God standing for what is right. Man will have a way he believes is right but actually leads to Hell. They will call the unclean clean and the unrighteous righteous. Church members will listen have itching ears and listen to preachers that tickle their ears and shun the ones that stand on the Bible.

This is common folks..I am not surprised. I am glad you guys have never listened to the sermons by the late great Billy Sunday. You guys would have chased him down and had him killed for his comments on "Christians" who drink and support alcohol. he probably saw more people save dthan any modern day preacher. He shut beer joints down when he preached.Most closed out of repsect...Look what we have today...Christians who drink castiugating one that says it isnt right.

The Bible is dead on in it's predictions about the last days.

................. again,only God has the right to spiritually judge...........and condemn.............because MAN bends the words and interprets the Bible the way HE sees fit, as per this thread....what you or anyone else thinks of me doesn't matter one bit............just what God thinks of me..............good day....................I'm done............

Last edited by coon dawg on 02-06-2008 at 03:38 PM

Old Post 02-06-2008 02:04 PM
houndsound
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Houndsound..Your hopeless.....

If you can condone "responsible drinkling", then I can condone responsible cocaine use, responisble porn use, etc using the same argument and denying of scriptures you have.

I have NEVER met a True born again Christian who kept up the habit of drinking beer or any form of alcohol after they were saved. A dog returns to it's own vomit. Christians that get the real Holy spirit conversion do not.

If you cant see that no amount of scripture will sway your mind.

Christians who drink lose their testimony to the lsot and drunkards they meet and prove they have no real convictions. If you can condone partaking of alcohol then you will condone anything.

I'm without hope now....hmmm...sorry you think so, but my hope is in Jesus Christ... but if spreading a message of no hope is your deal, whatever. So now I'm a dog in vomit, without hope, scripture denying fake Christian without convictions. who believes in cocaine and porn use..... all because I disagree with you.......what was that you said about people attacking the messenger when they don't like the message....

Back to the message..... I've asked you several questions about statements you made that you still haven't answered.... why not? You made the statement that "Jesus repeatedly taught abstinence from alcohol.... I asked you to show me in the Bible where this was... you ignore this. (I'll save you some, it's not there.) Then I make the clear assertion that the Bible speaks against being drunk but is silent about actual drinking. You in turn post a paraphrase of verses all most entirely changing them- all the verse you used talk about being drunk- you changed them to talk about having a casual drink. So instead of addressing those issues or answering any of my questions you resort to calling me names. By the way you've probably met lots of Christians who drink.

You said you think no amount of Scripture will sway my mind????? Not true at all.... did you not read my last post... are you not going to apologize or at least make an excuse for changing Scripture? I clearly showed how you either changed the meaning or took them out of context on each verse. Show me a passage where the Bible speaks against alcohol.... do you not even realize that you had to attempt to change the Bible to do this? Ask yourself why haven't you been able to even try to answer any of my questions, not even one, and why couldn't you quote those passages directly.,......why did you have to change them.?

dk

Last edited by houndsound on 02-06-2008 at 02:29 PM

Old Post 02-06-2008 02:15 PM
PatrickRobinson
UKC Forum Member

I have just started reading this post and man has it taken a long trip from Winter Classic sponsor. This post is for the good and shows just how many of us are interested in the word of God and attempting to live our life for him. I say amen and God bless each and everyone of you for that. Let's remember one thing that if you are a man and have took a breath of air you are with SIN, there is no way around that. I believe sin is sin, no matter if you think it is little or if you believe it is a big sin it doesn't matter what Patrick Robinson thinks about the sin, it only matters what God thinks. I believe that a man who murders someone can be forgiven just as easy as a man uses profanity. That is what makes God so good, he forgives me for my sins and forgives you for your sins, both big and small. I have asked myself why should you not drink? Well I do believe it is a sin and that would be just one more sin and I have enough everyday without that one. Also I don't drink because I am a member of a church and we should strive to live life as an example and everyday we should become alittle more like Christ in our daily walk with him. So brothers and sisters in Christ don't judge each other they are enough people out there doing that without your help. Just remember that God loves you and there is no sin that can't be forgiven. And if you are striving to be like Christ that drink will become less and less appealing to you. Thanks and God Bless.

Old Post 02-06-2008 03:24 PM
PatrickRobinson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickRobinson Click here to Send PatrickRobinson a Private Message Click Here to Email PatrickRobinson Find more posts by PatrickRobinson Add PatrickRobinson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Wipeoutfan
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by PatrickRobinson
I have just started reading this post and man has it taken a long trip from Winter Classic sponsor. This post is for the good and shows just how many of us are interested in the word of God and attempting to live our life for him. I say amen and God bless each and everyone of you for that. Let's remember one thing that if you are a man and have took a breath of air you are with SIN, there is no way around that. I believe sin is sin, no matter if you think it is little or if you believe it is a big sin it doesn't matter what Patrick Robinson thinks about the sin, it only matters what God thinks. I believe that a man who murders someone can be forgiven just as easy as a man uses profanity. That is what makes God so good, he forgives me for my sins and forgives you for your sins, both big and small. I have asked myself why should you not drink? Well I do believe it is a sin and that would be just one more sin and I have enough everyday without that one. Also I don't drink because I am a member of a church and we should strive to live life as an example and everyday we should become alittle more like Christ in our daily walk with him. So brothers and sisters in Christ don't judge each other they are enough people out there doing that without your help. Just remember that God loves you and there is no sin that can't be forgiven. And if you are striving to be like Christ that drink will become less and less appealing to you. Thanks and God Bless.

Patrick well said....it is sad people who call themselves Christians dont understand your train of thought.

Coma's Flatrock Lady

Old Post 02-06-2008 03:33 PM
D_mn it Boy
New UKC Forum Member

Wipeout Fan

I am glad you guys have never listened to the sermons by the late great Billy Sunday.

Now answer me this. Did Mr. Sunday believe in forgiveness??? Now you are not going to like what I got to say but hey if you don't then don't read it. I understand you not liking alcohol and that is your right. I love mine. Like it better than Pepsi Cola anyday of the week. Probably better for me too. But back to what I am getting at here. Just say something happen to one of your love ones such as rape, murder or both. Now this criminal that did all this sits in jail and this man of God talks to him and teaches him of God's Word which teaches about God's Forgiveness and accepting Jesus Christ as their Saviour. He accepts God and now is on a path to Heaven. Answer me this Could you forgive this man that did this to you?? I don't think many that get on here preaching to everybody about how they are bound for Hell's Fire would forgive this man like God does. Can any of us picture this sick Man that done such a horriable thing to your family and lives, took away your loved one and now will be sitting in Heaven with you if you are on that path. Kind of hard to swallow something as this but the BIBLE teaches us this. Go Figure I am not a preacher nor claim to know all there is to know about God as I should but I know a little as most do. Not trying to cause anger with this but this stuff happens all the time and it would be hard for me to deal with.

Old Post 02-06-2008 03:40 PM
D_mn it Boy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for D_mn it Boy Click here to Send D_mn it Boy a Private Message Find more posts by D_mn it Boy Add D_mn it Boy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Wipeoutfan
Banned

Re: Wipeout Fan

quote:
Originally posted by D_mn it Boy
Could you forgive this man that did this to you??

I have to...The Bible says that if I cannot forgive I will not be forgiven. It is obvious you cant understand that. Once you have been truly forgiven you can easily forgive others.

Your point?

Coma's Flatrock Lady

Old Post 02-06-2008 03:48 PM
Christy
UKC Forum Member

Location: Sylva, North Carolina (the far Western Tip of the State)

quote:
Originally posted by Bruce M. Conkey
I took this picture at the Winter Classic about 4 years ago.

THAT IS FUNNY! YOU NEED TO SEND THAT IN TO AMERICA'S FUNNIEST SIGNS! LOL.

*GRCH NTCH'PR'RB'S Rock River Sid-R.I.P.

*CH'PR'Jet's Tember Shakin Sadie (UKC 2ND)

*Banjo

Independent Consultant for Jamberry Nails!! Check them out!!

Quincy-828-269-8768
OR Christy-828-269-4678---If we dont answer, please leave a message!!!

EVERYTHING happens for a reason.

Old Post 02-06-2008 03:55 PM
Christy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Christy Click here to Send Christy a Private Message Click Here to Email Christy Visit Christy's homepage! Find more posts by Christy Add Christy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PatrickRobinson
UKC Forum Member

D Boy that is something that is hard to deal with and a person really couldn't answer and be honest with himself or you until that happened. But I know this and believe it with all my heart that God has a plan and as long as you keep him in your life and let him lead that he will take you thru what ever he brings you to. And as far as being in heaven with someone who you felt did you wrong on earth it will not matter. All the things of this world would have done passed away and if something like that won't matter one bit as if you haven't forgiven him than you won't be forgiven for your sins either.

Old Post 02-06-2008 04:16 PM
PatrickRobinson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickRobinson Click here to Send PatrickRobinson a Private Message Click Here to Email PatrickRobinson Find more posts by PatrickRobinson Add PatrickRobinson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
houndsound
UKC Forum Member

Wipeout.... still waiting for you to answer any questions I've posted....... mostly the one about you saying "Jesus repeatedly taught to abstain from alcohol." Also waiting for you to explain changing those Bible verses.

dk

Old Post 02-06-2008 06:57 PM
D_mn it Boy
New UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Wipeout Fan

quote:
I have to...The Bible says that if I cannot forgive I will not be forgiven. It is obvious you cant understand that. Once you have been truly forgiven you can easily forgive others.

Your point?

My point is do you really think you could forgive a person for doing something like that. I know what the Bible says and I hear a lot of folk say they live this way but in all honestly they live just the opposite. That is my point. If you live for God and do right by God then all I can say is pray for us people who drink Cold Beer. Thanks and have a good day.

Old Post 02-06-2008 07:05 PM
Wipeoutfan
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by houndsound
Wipeout.... still waiting for you to answer any questions I've posted....... mostly the one about you saying "Jesus repeatedly taught to abstain from alcohol." Also waiting for you to explain changing those Bible verses.

dk

Houndsound,I have posted them thoughout this thread. although, I think you are trying to say the Bible teaches..Jesus backs up the Bible and taght from examples. he never drank alcoholic, fermented wine.
Below is a link from my best friends' church on alcohol. It breaks it down so simple and easy to understand that you cannot refute it.

http://www.learnthebible.org/doctri...us_and_wine.htm

Coma's Flatrock Lady

Old Post 02-06-2008 07:15 PM
houndsound
UKC Forum Member

I've looked through the entire thread and have not found Jesus' teachings on abstaining from alcohol and beings as YOU SAID he taught on it repeatedly PLEASE SHOW US !!!!!!!!

I must have no life, but I'll look at the link that "can't be refuted." But do me a favor and please address why you changed all those verses that so clearly talk about being drunk, a drunken lifstyle, or getting others drunk to take advantage of them- and made them about drinking. On one you just out of nowhere added "not to go near wine"..... where'd that come from???? For example one of the passges said if a Christian is a drunkard.... and you changed it to a drinker. You did this or similar to all those passages. Please explain! I believe this will be the 4th time I've asked you to explain yourself.

dk

Old Post 02-06-2008 07:30 PM