UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > UKC Free Classifieds > Coonhound Classifieds > Blueticks: Stud Dog and Kennel Promotion > Misty River Kennels
Pages (77): « First ... « 60 61 [62] 63 64 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Scott VH
UKC Forum Member

Sheba II

Mr. Jack,

I have read a lot of your hunting stories on Sheba II. She sounds a lot like her half sister Creek. Hope all is well and expect it is cooling down some now. We have been hunting in weather in the 30's to the 50's so it has been nice. We have had a lot of rain here and the woods are pretty wet in spots but not too bad. Hope all is well.

Scott

Floyd's Shine On (GrNiteCh Pink Floyd x GrNiteCh Oklahoma Blue Creek)

Gone but not forgotten:
GrNiteCh Mose's Pink Floyd (GrNiteCh Dean's Blue Mose X GrNiteCh B&D's Blue Ruby) Hollis-VH
GrNiteCh GrCh Bullet II's Code Blue Cricket (GrCh GrNiteCh 'PR' Twin Springs Runnin Bullet II X NiteCh Ch JJ's Code Blue Jenny)
Ch GrNiteCh Smokey River Blue Tramp II (GrCh GrNiteCh Smokey River Jean's Blue Tramp X Ch NiteCh Misty River Blue Doll IV)
GrNiteCh GrCh Vining's Hammerhead (Dual Grand Twin Springs Runnin Bullet II X Dual Grand Vining Blue Mollie)
GrNiteCh Ch Uchtmans Blue Logan (GrNiteCh Gene's Blue Newton X ChNiteCh Smiley's Blue Lady)
GrNiteCh GrCh Makin' Music Banjo (GrNiteCh Washburn Valley Blue Drip X GrNiteCh GrCh Razor Ridge Unstable Mable)
GrNiteCh. Uncle Pen (GrNiteCh South Shore Drive Blue Kev X GrNiteCh Frosty's Fancy)

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 10-31-2018 11:21 PM
Scott VH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Scott VH Click here to Send Scott VH a Private Message Click Here to Email Scott VH Find more posts by Scott VH Add Scott VH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BigContry
UKC Forum Member

Mr. Jack, Hows Hank progressing? Haven't seen anything of him on here. Do you still have him? And hows the female pup you got from Chase?

Old Post 11-01-2018 02:42 PM
BigContry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BigContry Click here to Send BigContry a Private Message Click Here to Email BigContry Find more posts by BigContry Add BigContry to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Ms. State hunt

Jeremy Purvis, Ray Necaise, Justin Herrington, Chris Fortenberry and me along with several others traveled up to Coffeeville, Ms. this weekend to the Ms. State hunt. I think Ray won his cast with Smoke Friday night and Justin won his cast with Ellie Sat. night, but I think that was about as good as we did. We all had a good time. Thanks to all the hard work by the officers and others this was a good hunt.

Tommy, Hank is coming along fine. It has took longer for me to get started with Gin on account of working Hank, But I have just started to work with he and am liking what I see. It wont be long until I will be writing about her I'm shure. She acts good and has got a real good mouth on her.

Last edited by Misty river on 11-05-2018 at 04:11 AM

Old Post 11-05-2018 04:05 AM
Misty river is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Misty river Click here to Send Misty river a Private Message Click Here to Email Misty river Find more posts by Misty river Add Misty river to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Sheba 11

Hunted Sheba alone Tuesday and Wednesday night. She made 4 trees and I looked at 2 of the coons, all the leaves are still on here and If he don't look you are probably not going to see him. The rains have come in today and it has been raining most of the day. It is suppose to rain for the next 3 days, and then turn cold. They said it was suppose to be freezing by the middle of next week. That should get rid of some of these leaves.

Last edited by Misty river on 11-08-2018 at 05:10 AM

Old Post 11-08-2018 05:00 AM
Misty river is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Misty river Click here to Send Misty river a Private Message Click Here to Email Misty river Find more posts by Misty river Add Misty river to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
blueticker
UKC Forum Member

I sure enjoy hunting this time of year. Turning cold & rain tomorrow here. Running season closed until next week tomorrow night. Can't wait to show Bonnie some coon. I just pulled her off a big hackberry with a coon. Luke had went on with a track. Still working it, wish he would tree the first coon up but he seldom misses. He thinks he has one better go check.

The Hounds I Enjoyed Hunting:
Dual Gr Natural Smokey River Rebel, A buddy of mine
Gr. Nt Natural Blue Echo ( Gr Nt Quail Ck Jimmy X Nt Ch Natural Blue Bell)
Gr Nt Smokey River Chief's Joe (JBS Chief X Gr Nt Jeans Ruby)
Gr. Nt. Ch. Natural Smokey River Lucy (Chief's Joe X Muggins)
And Many More

Old Post 11-08-2018 05:44 AM
blueticker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for blueticker Click here to Send blueticker a Private Message Find more posts by blueticker Add blueticker to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Gin 111

upload image forum

Tommy, you and Rhett asked about the Gin pup. Here she is on a turn a loose coon. I have turned 2 coons loose for her and she has treed them both. She has got a good mouth on her and she has got a lot of hustle in her. She sure is not scared of a coon. She fired up on the first one she ever saw.

Last edited by Misty river on 11-13-2018 at 10:15 PM

Old Post 11-13-2018 09:57 PM
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

Gin 111

She is a pretty thing Mr. Jack. Glad to see she's gonna fit right in and do her part in the Pearl River Bottoms. We need to get together one of these nights and make a big round. Have a Happy Thanksgiving next week. If you need help dragging out a Big Buck just holler. Take Care.

Old Post 11-13-2018 10:29 PM
steve bankston is offline Click Here to See the Profile for steve bankston Click here to Send steve bankston a Private Message Click Here to Email steve bankston Find more posts by steve bankston Add steve bankston to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BigContry
UKC Forum Member

Awww man, I got to figure out how to see that video. Ever since we all moved from Photobucket, I can view your picyures or videos

Old Post 11-14-2018 04:12 PM
BigContry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BigContry Click here to Send BigContry a Private Message Click Here to Email BigContry Find more posts by BigContry Add BigContry to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BigContry
UKC Forum Member

had yo look at them on my photo. She sure is looking good Mr Jack. thanks for posting her.

Old Post 11-14-2018 04:17 PM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Hank and his mother Sheba

Finally got Hank back out tonight. It has probably been a month since I had him out, but he keeps progressing right along. I took him out tonight with his mother. She is now 10 years old and these youngsters can beat her from time to time, but they got to have every thing togeather right when they do. She keeps them on their toes. If they make as good of dog as she has been through the years, they will be alright. I turned them down a spring fed branch that runs through the swamp on its way to the river. They went down it 150 yards and struck a hot track. They moved it on in another 100 yards and Hank hit the tree about 1 bark ahead of Sheba. Hank really treed good on this tree. I made my way in to them and they were treed up a big Turkey pine. I could see one side of the tree, but I couldn't see any part of the tree on the other side. I petted them up and we made our way on down toward the river. The river is out of the banks in low areas and has kind of made a big Island of the lower part of the swamp. I turned them up an old slough that was beginning to fill with water. They went to the island side and went on in another 300 yards. I was watching them on the Garmin and Hank was ahead of Sheba about 50 yards when I seen him turn and headed back toward her, about the time he got to her they both took a sharp turn to the west. Neither one had ever opened
Sheba went about 50 yards and locked up treed. It took Hank a minute and he treed with her. I crossed the slough on an old logging road and made my way on in to them. They were treed up a hugh oak. I could only see part of one side and I could not get him to look. I leashed them up and we made our way back to the 4-wheeler and called it a night.

Last edited by Misty river on 11-18-2018 at 03:33 AM

Old Post 11-18-2018 02:50 AM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Sheba 11

host an image

Sheba treed up a hugh Turkey Pine. This was the second one she treed tonight. At some point back through the years this tree has been worked on by Beavers. She wasn't treed far from a branch that holds a lot of water in the rainey season. The branch winds and turns as it makes its way through the swamp on its way to Greens Creek and then on down to Pearl River. She had already treed one in a big Hollow Magnolia. It was a good night to hunt, but the rain is suppose to come in before daylight. We called it a night.

Last edited by Misty river on 11-30-2018 at 03:55 AM

Old Post 11-30-2018 03:37 AM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Old Sheba and Hank

Will Raybourn and his girl friend Salley came over and hunted with me last night. Will is Billy Raybourn's son. We turned Sheba and Hank up an old slough down next to the river. They went in about 200 yards and Sheba struck a cold track. Hank was with her, but it was so cold that he couldn't open on it to start with. They moved the track on up the swamp and it got better and hank got to opening on it. This must have been an old veteran coon, because he stayed with the water and put the dogs through some rough stuff. They moved on in to over 900 yards. I told Will that I would like to get closer, but if they kept going they were going to cross the River Road and we would have to come all the way back and go back out of the Swamp. They turned before they got to the River Road and started coming back down another slough. I started feeling sorry for Sheba, because I knew that she was out of shape and way to fat for a race like this, but she kept pushing that coon. Hank was doing his part and at times he would be leading. This was the runningest coon that I had run in a while. They came back down the slough to within about 400 yards of us and they were mostly in swimming water now. They had bumped a couple of trees for just a minute and moved on. They were not far from us and coming across the slough, I told Will that If I got the chance I was going to catch Sheba.They came close to the side of the Slough that we were on and I waded out and caught Sheba and Will got Hank. I could tell old Sheba was about done in, but she sure wasn't going to give up. We will run this coon again one night. We called it a night. Will took Hank back home with Him.

Old Post 12-02-2018 02:44 PM
Darren Hollis
UKC Forum Member

Running Coon

Mr. Jack , Cotton got after one of those running coons the other night as well. That sucker went thru a huge pine thicket and finally hit a cutover. She was putting some pressure on him and he went into an underground spring. I have ran this same coon before and he usually hits the cutover or heads for the bluffs. We will get him at some point. Glad to see you keeping ole blue in the timber. Have a very Merry Christmas and keep on hitting that timber. Darren

HOME OF:
GrChGrNtCh PR Southern Blue S&H’s Goose (Sparks&Hollis)
GrChGrNtCh PR Southern Blue Hardwood Cotton
GrNtCh PR Mose's Pink Floyd ( Co-Owned with Scott V)
Ch GrNtCh PR Frost Hollow Strap
ChNtCh PR Southern Blue Hardwood Dolly
ChGrNtCh PR Southern Blue Spanky ( Hollis & Hollis)
PR Southern Blue Cobb (NtChCh Uchtmans Andy x Ratliffs Blue Tell)
PR Southern Blue Betsy (Goose x Dual Grand Cotton)
(REST IN PEACE)
GrNtChGrCh PR Southern Blue Moonshine
GrNtChGrCh PR Southern Blue Frostbite
NtChGrCh PR Southern Blue Queen
NtChGrCh PR Blue Eyes Blue Jessie
NtCh PR Southern Frost Hollow Blue Bell(BB)
NtCh PR Southern Blue Hammer
NtCh PR Hollis' Southern Blue Maggie
NtCh PR Hollis' Bull Mtn. Pearl
GrCh PR Southern Blue Jet
PR Southern Blue Sam
PR Southern Blue Rattler
GrChGrNtCh PR Lovell’s Smokey River Blue Ann

Old Post 12-03-2018 09:58 PM
Darren Hollis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Darren Hollis Click here to Send Darren Hollis a Private Message Click Here to Email Darren Hollis Find more posts by Darren Hollis Add Darren Hollis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Sheba 11

greenshot screen capture

After coming back from hunting Smoke, I loaded Sheba and we went down river to a pretty little swamp and I dropped her of an old woods road, she moved in a little over 100 yards and hit a working track and moved it on in another 150 yards and locked up treed. I walked in to her and she was treed up a big Oak. It only took me a few minutes to find the coon sitting in a fork. I let Sheba have this one. We walked back to the 4-wheeler and called it a night.

Darren, I like to see these old hounds take a cold tack and work it up a get it moving and run it for a while. I get on one from time to time that will test these ole blue dogs. I don't usually pull them off a track like that, but I had old Sheba running the other night and they were in swimming water most of the time and I didn't want the old girl to over do it. I'll get after him one night with Smoke or Sheba 11 or maybe both and we will see how it goes, but when they tree him, we will surely leave him to run again. Darren, good hunting and have a Merry Christmas.

Last edited by Misty river on 12-04-2018 at 05:29 AM

Old Post 12-04-2018 05:04 AM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Old Sheba and Gin 111

I loaded old Sheba and Gin 111 up tonight and headed to the swamp. I was going to turn out on a couple of feeders tonight to give Gin a work out, but the coons did not co-operate. They struck an old cold track on the first drop and ole Sheba could barely open on it and the pup never opened, but she made every step her grand mother made. They worked it about 350 yrds and I knew that the coon had probably eaten his fill sometime before dark and had probably headed back to his den some where up river across the back water from all the rain we have had lately. I went around on an old woods road and got to the back water about the same time they did, and I was glad I got there in time because Sheba was fixing to cross and I had to wade out and get her. We went on around to another feeder and turned loose. They hit another cold track, but it was not quite as bad as the other one. Gin got to opening some on it and they moved it on in about 150 yards and Sheba treed. I guess it was just too cold for Gin to tree. I walked in to them and they were treed in an old den tree. I petted them up and we called it a night.

free picture upload site

Last edited by Misty river on 12-12-2018 at 06:21 AM

Old Post 12-12-2018 03:32 AM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Old Sheba and Gin 111

top 10 greek boy names

Here she is Tommy in the top picture. That's old Sheba and Gin 111. If I can keep her in the woods that little girl will be fine.They were treed up a hugh Turkey pine. I couldn't find but one spot that I could see part of the tree and I couldn't find the coon, but they said he was there.

When I got back in from hunting Old Sheba and Gin I loaded up Sheba 11 and went to another swamp. She struck in a little over 300 yards, Moved it outand treed at 450 yards. I walked in to her and she was treed up a hugh oak den tree. I shined the tree for a few minutes, but he was not on the outside. We called it a night.

Last edited by Misty river on 12-19-2018 at 08:26 AM

Old Post 12-19-2018 08:08 AM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Old Sheba and Gin 111

I turned Sheba and Gin up an old slough down close to the river. I turned them close to a feeder, but they didn't strike on the feeder. I have been trying to get Gin on a good hot coon, but the coons are not cooperating. I guess with all the feed the acorns still in the woods the coons don't have to go far to get something to eat. The dogs split up and Gin went to the right and Sheba went left. Sheba struck a working track about 250 yards in and I could see on the Garmin that Gin was on her way to her. Gin Joined Sheba and they worked the coon across a big slough. Sheba locked up treed about 20 yards from the slough. I had to go back aways and cross on an old logging road. It took me about 45 minutes to get to them. Gin treed some at first, but she had stopped treeing by the time I got there. I leashed her up. They were treed up a Hugh Oak. I shined for a while before I finally found Him laying on top of a big limb about 3/4 of the way up. It was a big coon. I shook a vine and blowed my squaller and he ran down the tree and took off toward the slough with Sheba close behind. I ran to Gin and released her. She caught up with Sheba and the race was on for a short distance and they caught the coon in about 6'' of water and the fight was on. The coon backed into a hollow place in an old Cyprus and the dogs were having a rough time. I decided to leash the dogs and leave this old warrior to run again another night. By the time I got back out of that slough I was as wet as the dogs. We made our way back to the 4-wheeler and called it a night

Merry Christmas to everyone and never forget the reason that we celebrate this day.

Last edited by Misty river on 12-23-2018 at 06:05 AM

Old Post 12-23-2018 05:21 AM
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

CHRIST

Merry Christmas Mr. Jack. Take Care.

Old Post 12-24-2018 11:51 PM
steve bankston is offline Click Here to See the Profile for steve bankston Click here to Send steve bankston a Private Message Click Here to Email steve bankston Find more posts by steve bankston Add steve bankston to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BigContry
UKC Forum Member

I'm really please Gin is working out for you Mr Jack. Chase said he has gotten a lot of good reports from this cross. I knew if she had it in her you could bring it out.

Old Post 12-26-2018 02:06 PM
Scott VH
UKC Forum Member

Happy New Year!

Mr. Jack,

Hope all is going well. I had back surgery on Thursday and I am back home recovering. I finally got to walk outside today and walked a mile in 19 degree temps but it was great! I got to the point were I could not get around at all and the MRI showed that I had blown a disc out into where all of your nerves go and the last month and a half was not good. I even had a time when I sat in the truck while my son went hunting. I heard him make 6 trees though. I am looking forward to my follow up appointment in a couple of weeks to see if I can get back out some. I am hoping that will be the case so I can get in the last couple of weeks of kill season. Hope all is well with you I have not been on here much. Take care and have a great 2019!!

Scott

Floyd's Shine On (GrNiteCh Pink Floyd x GrNiteCh Oklahoma Blue Creek)

Gone but not forgotten:
GrNiteCh Mose's Pink Floyd (GrNiteCh Dean's Blue Mose X GrNiteCh B&D's Blue Ruby) Hollis-VH
GrNiteCh GrCh Bullet II's Code Blue Cricket (GrCh GrNiteCh 'PR' Twin Springs Runnin Bullet II X NiteCh Ch JJ's Code Blue Jenny)
Ch GrNiteCh Smokey River Blue Tramp II (GrCh GrNiteCh Smokey River Jean's Blue Tramp X Ch NiteCh Misty River Blue Doll IV)
GrNiteCh GrCh Vining's Hammerhead (Dual Grand Twin Springs Runnin Bullet II X Dual Grand Vining Blue Mollie)
GrNiteCh Ch Uchtmans Blue Logan (GrNiteCh Gene's Blue Newton X ChNiteCh Smiley's Blue Lady)
GrNiteCh GrCh Makin' Music Banjo (GrNiteCh Washburn Valley Blue Drip X GrNiteCh GrCh Razor Ridge Unstable Mable)
GrNiteCh. Uncle Pen (GrNiteCh South Shore Drive Blue Kev X GrNiteCh Frosty's Fancy)

Old Post 01-01-2019 08:11 PM
Scott VH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Scott VH Click here to Send Scott VH a Private Message Click Here to Email Scott VH Find more posts by Scott VH Add Scott VH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
blueticker
UKC Forum Member

Happy New Year all. Scott if you need a few days recovering you may as well spend it in Kansas.

The Hounds I Enjoyed Hunting:
Dual Gr Natural Smokey River Rebel, A buddy of mine
Gr. Nt Natural Blue Echo ( Gr Nt Quail Ck Jimmy X Nt Ch Natural Blue Bell)
Gr Nt Smokey River Chief's Joe (JBS Chief X Gr Nt Jeans Ruby)
Gr. Nt. Ch. Natural Smokey River Lucy (Chief's Joe X Muggins)
And Many More

Old Post 01-01-2019 08:46 PM
blueticker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for blueticker Click here to Send blueticker a Private Message Find more posts by blueticker Add blueticker to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Morning Squirrel hunt

My son Wade came up Sat. and he has been deer hunting without much luck. I told him he was going to have to forget about that big buck and shoot what comes out. This morning we decided to pull Windy out and see if she could still tree a squirrel, She hadn't been out since last year. We got a late start and the squirrels were not moving much, and where we went there was mostly big pines, as the river has all the swamps flooded. I don't ever carry a gun, I just go along and shake vines and handle Windy. Windy hunted good and treed several. A couple got away and in these big pines they are hard to make move when there are no vines. We did manage to get 4. We hunted about an hour, but its always fun to hunt with Wade and get to watch Windy do her thing.

Last edited by Misty river on 01-07-2019 at 09:38 PM

Old Post 01-07-2019 09:18 PM
BigContry
UKC Forum Member

Thanks for the Happy New Year wish Mr Jack, I hope you have a great one as well. The woods are also flooded down here in Gumswamp, so we aint been hunting as much as I would like to. Think I'll give it a try tonight.

Old Post 01-07-2019 10:34 PM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Sheba 11

upload image net

Took Sheba out for a run tonight. It had rained some today, but I thought it was gone. It was still cloudy some, but there were some stars out so I loaded up Sheba and went to the driest spot that I have to hunt. I cast her off an old woods road and she went in about a hundred yards and struck and moved it on in about another 100 yards and locked up treed. I made my way in to her and she was treed just off the edge of an old slough. She was treed up a medium sized Oak. With all the leaves finally gone I didn't have any trouble finding him Hugged up on a limb. I took a couple of pictures and petted Sheba some and by the time we got back to the 4-wheeler the sky was looking dark again. I had just put Sheba up and fed her and stepped on the porch and it started raining.

Last edited by Misty river on 01-13-2019 at 06:23 AM

Old Post 01-13-2019 06:03 AM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Sheba 11

Took Sheba11 out for a short run tonight. Turned her off an old woods road. She went in about 100 yards and turned right, headed up the swamp for about 300 yards and turned right again and crossed the woods road that I was on. Went on in another 300 yards and struck a cold track and started working it back toward me. When she got to about 90 yards from me, she locked up treed. She was treed up the small tree that you see in the picture and it went up into the two magnolia trees that you see behind her. I shined and squalled but I never could get him to look, and if they don't look at you in those Magnolia trees, you are not likely to find them. We called it a night.

Last edited by Misty river on 01-19-2019 at 03:47 AM

Old Post 01-19-2019 03:35 AM