UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > UKC Free Classifieds > Coonhound Classifieds > Treeing Walkers: Stud Dog and Kennel Promotion > Lipper
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
jeffreygstrutz
UKC Forum Member

Lol That's right Tim!!!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 11-27-2017 08:04 PM
jeffreygstrutz is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jeffreygstrutz Click here to Send jeffreygstrutz a Private Message Click Here to Email jeffreygstrutz Find more posts by jeffreygstrutz Add jeffreygstrutz to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jeffreygstrutz
UKC Forum Member

Lol That's right Tim!!!

Old Post 11-27-2017 08:04 PM
jeffreygstrutz is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jeffreygstrutz Click here to Send jeffreygstrutz a Private Message Click Here to Email jeffreygstrutz Find more posts by jeffreygstrutz Add jeffreygstrutz to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
johnny reb
UKC Forum Member

Mr Bowers love lipped or hate him you have got to love that mouth on that pup of yours. I myself love that big lipped screaming tree mouth.

Old Post 11-28-2017 07:46 PM
johnny reb is offline Click Here to See the Profile for johnny reb Click here to Send johnny reb a Private Message Click Here to Email johnny reb Find more posts by johnny reb Add johnny reb to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
LIPPER POWER
UKC Forum Member

GR,NT,CH,LIPPERS GHOST[LIPPS]

THIS IS DENTON HUMMEL LIVINGSTON 931-239-9337 I OWN LIPPERS GHOST HES 11 YEARS OLD AND STILL HUNT HIM EVER TIME I GO ,I HAVE HAD SOME OF THE BEST HOUSE BRED DOGS THAT HAS EVER WALK ON EARTH I HUNT MTS,AND LAKE HILLS AND HOUSE BRED DOGS CAN TREE COON IN ANY COUNTRY FROM CLINT TO LIPPER LAWYER, CRUZE ,PROWLER,TOM AGAIN,AND THE GOES ON AN ON ,,BIG MOUTH BIG HEART ,,,THANKS TO JOE HOUSE FOR WHAT HE DONE IN PUTTING FORTH THE TIME TO BRED THIS STRAIN ON DOGS AT TO THE PEOPLE THAT HUNTS THEM ,,THANKS FOR YOUR TIME

Old Post 11-28-2017 09:55 PM
LIPPER POWER is offline Click Here to See the Profile for LIPPER POWER Click here to Send LIPPER POWER a Private Message Click Here to Email LIPPER POWER Find more posts by LIPPER POWER Add LIPPER POWER to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Doug Bowers
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by johnny reb
Mr Bowers love lipped or hate him you have got to love that mouth on that pup of yours. I myself love that big lipped screaming tree mouth.

Thank you sir.

PKC SCH UKC DUAL GRAND TOUCAN SAM SEMEN

Also home to;ACHA LWSCH 'PR' Kentucky River Mundar ~ Sire is Kentucky River Rowdy (frozen Semen) BMOB 2013 Winter Classic
House's Lipper Hope x Kentucky River Rowdy
Broken Road's LITTLE TEXAS
LIPPERS STYLISH ROOSTER AT STUD
LIPPERS LITTLE TEXAS AT STUD.

"The WILL of God will never take you where the GRACE of God can not protect you

Old Post 11-28-2017 10:14 PM
Doug Bowers is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Doug Bowers Click here to Send Doug Bowers a Private Message Click Here to Email Doug Bowers Find more posts by Doug Bowers Add Doug Bowers to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MARK RISINGER
UKC Forum Member

THERE IS NO WAY TO COMPARE TITLED DOGS FROM ONE ERA TO ANOTHER. I HUNTED WITH SEVERAL DOGS DIRECTLY OUT OF LIPPER AND IF LIPPER WAS ALIVE TODAY HIS PERCENTAGE WOULD BE COMPARABLE TO ANY OTHER. LOOK AT THE NUMBER OF DOGS ENTERED AT A HUNT DURING THE EIGHTIES WHEN MOST OF LIPPER'S PUPS WERE BEING HUNTED AGAINST THE NUMBERS ENTERED THE PAST 15-20 YRS. A HUGE AMOUNT OF HUNTS NOW CAN'T EVEN PUT A 4 DOG CAST IN THE WOODS. PRETTY EASY TO GET A FIRST. ALWAYS PARTIAL TO FINLEY RIVER DOGS MYSELF, BUT LIPPER PRODUCED SOME POWERFUL HOUNDS AND MOST HAD HUGE MOUTHS AND PLENTY OF CHROME.

Old Post 11-29-2017 03:10 AM
MARK RISINGER is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MARK RISINGER Click here to Send MARK RISINGER a Private Message Click Here to Email MARK RISINGER Find more posts by MARK RISINGER Add MARK RISINGER to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
edwardfasteddy
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by MARK RISINGER
THERE IS NO WAY TO COMPARE TITLED DOGS FROM ONE ERA TO ANOTHER. I HUNTED WITH SEVERAL DOGS DIRECTLY OUT OF LIPPER AND IF LIPPER WAS ALIVE TODAY HIS PERCENTAGE WOULD BE COMPARABLE TO ANY OTHER. LOOK AT THE NUMBER OF DOGS ENTERED AT A HUNT DURING THE EIGHTIES WHEN MOST OF LIPPER'S PUPS WERE BEING HUNTED AGAINST THE NUMBERS ENTERED THE PAST 15-20 YRS. A HUGE AMOUNT OF HUNTS NOW CAN'T EVEN PUT A 4 DOG CAST IN THE WOODS. PRETTY EASY TO GET A FIRST. ALWAYS PARTIAL TO FINLEY RIVER DOGS MYSELF, BUT LIPPER PRODUCED SOME POWERFUL HOUNDS AND MOST HAD HUGE MOUTHS AND PLENTY OF CHROME.

ARE YOU SERIOUS? You need to delete that post from the Finley River Dogs up, and put in there if Lipper had wings he could have been able to fly! LOL! HeHeHe!

Old Post 11-29-2017 04:12 AM
edwardfasteddy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for edwardfasteddy Click Here to Email edwardfasteddy Find more posts by edwardfasteddy Add edwardfasteddy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MARK RISINGER
UKC Forum Member

JUST SAYING THAT IT HAS NEVER BEEN EASIER TO MAKE A CHAMPION THAT IT HAS BEEN FOR THE PAST SEVERAL YEARS. STILL HAVE TO WIN TOUR CAST, BUT CHANCES ARE IF YOU WIN YOUR CAST YOU'LL DO NO WORSE THAN 2ND. WAY DIFFERENT THAN WHEN THERE WERE LESS HUNTS AND IF YOU WON YOUR CAST YOU MIGHT NOT EVEN PLACE.

Old Post 11-29-2017 02:31 PM
MARK RISINGER is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MARK RISINGER Click here to Send MARK RISINGER a Private Message Click Here to Email MARK RISINGER Find more posts by MARK RISINGER Add MARK RISINGER to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
edwardfasteddy
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by edwardfasteddy
I know Lipper had over 5000 pups, but lets just use 1000 pups to take a look at this 7.5 % of reproduction that was calculated by UKCs PUPS AND DEGREES (PAD) that is in the back of the Coonhound Bloodlines Magazine. ( 7.5% of 1000 pups is 75 dogs with titles) 1000 pups minus 75 pups equals 925 pups that are not titled? At 7 pups per litter average the titled ones came out of 7 and half litters. The 925 pups that are left divided by 7 pups per litter is 132 litters with No titled dogs in them, this is with some of the top females in the country being bred to him. Now when you bred a female with frozen semen that is not a proven cross and no way could be because the proven females would be deceased , what would be the odds of getting a winner out of a dog like that? I'm just using the facts that are given to us by UKCs PAD. With 5000 pups that would be 75 titled dogs in every 1000 pups or 375 titled dogs in 5000 pups. 53 litters had titled dogs and 660 litters did not. You can look at it anyway you want but 7.5% reproduction equals the above...
Maybe someone can help, 7.5% means that Lippers produced 7.5% of his pups where titled, and 92.5% where not titled. This is the only tool you have in breeding dogs, you can't go out and hunt all the dogs and you sure can't read the stud adds and decide. I have studied bloodlines of all six breeds for 45 years and talked to hundreds of breeders. Winston Aron was the breeder of Skuna River Lipper, The Sire of BARK. We talked in two calls for around 5 hours. He breeds around 20 to 30 females a year. I will not tell you what we talked about but will say back in the day he bred 5 females to Lipper and only liked the cross that produced Skuna River Lipper 1 out of 5 crosses that's about right.. I'm just saying the reproduction quality's of Lipper has to be from "THE CHOSEN FEW" not just any dog off Lipper. I hope this will help in your breeding program.

Old Post 12-01-2017 02:53 PM
edwardfasteddy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for edwardfasteddy Click Here to Email edwardfasteddy Find more posts by edwardfasteddy Add edwardfasteddy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hemihomey
Banned

Back in the 70's and 80's folks around here might drive 14 miles to breed a dog. Then, it would be to their buddy's dog. I made it to Henderson TN and got to join a cast with Lipper in it. He and the others were much louder and faster than anything I'd ever been with. The locals thought I was crazy when I bought my 1st lipper pup for an outrageous $200. I was as proud of that pup but he didn't have that big mouth nor any ability beyond the norm. I put 2 ukc wins on him by 1 year then sold him for what at that time seemed like a fortune, $1000.
The next couple lipper pups were about the same until I got the inside scoop that 1 outta a litter might have that big mouth, track speed and treed lipper style. So, I bred a good female to lipper and did get to pick that special one. I bred 5 females to lipper over the years.
My experience says a low % of his pups stood out as above normal. But the ones that did would make you spend your $ hoping to get you one Like him. Not saying those others were bad, they just weren't what made lipper famous.
I do remember the hunts back then. There were 50 or more dogs at the local hunts. It was definitely harder to get a 1st on a dog or even get in the top 3.
Mr Aron has much experience in dog breeding and I've enjoyed our talks thru the years. I've had brothers and sisters to Homer's Gomer and Moonlite Mike. I owned Skuna River Penny who 4wd the top $ winner of Mr Aron's productions that earned him breeder of the year.
I've owned over 100 lipper offspring including frozen semen pups. I hunted with him twice and bred 5 females to him. I can't argue the % factor because folks never cared who they sold pups to. Same as they do today.
Still, as for me, make mine lipper...

Ezekiel 23:20

Old Post 12-01-2017 04:50 PM
hemihomey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hemihomey Click here to Send hemihomey a Private Message Find more posts by hemihomey Add hemihomey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BawlsDeep
UKC Forum Member

Hey Fellas, looks like ol Ed the mathematician has it all figured out. Yep he’s the next Breeder of the year Bhaaa ha ha ha ha! Y’all go easy on him. You know these internet hunters are tuff hard going going hunters and true houndsmen. Probably a liberal and voted for Hillary! Lol well..... you get em Ed and maybe you can single handed save the breed! I know Ed, If Joe House would off only had google to of helped his breeding program LMAO! Boy oh Boy I’m gonna pay for this post. Hope y’all enjoy

Old Post 12-06-2017 12:27 AM
BawlsDeep is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BawlsDeep Click here to Send BawlsDeep a Private Message Find more posts by BawlsDeep Add BawlsDeep to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
edwardfasteddy
UKC Forum Member

Did anyone remember when I asked the question about the UKC World Champion right after the hunt and said I heard they where going to hunt it off without Sambo back in Georgia. These guys jumped on here and said I shouldn't be making a statement like that and thought I was tying to start trouble when I was just asking a question, Moderator or someone deleted the post..Said no one would know anything like that but UKC.. WELL FOLKS GUESS WHO KNEW WHAT WAS GOING ON? LOL! HeHeHeHeHeHe Ha!Ha!Ha! HeHeHeHe!!!! Hey BawlsDeep, I did the Reproduction Math and guess what, I'm right about that too!!! HeHeHeHe!!!

Old Post 12-06-2017 05:51 PM
BawlsDeep
UKC Forum Member

I stand corrected Ed.... I didn’t realize you had such an accomplished resume. You called it bout Sambo. Recon your the Nostradamus of coonhounds. Know who’s gonna win Super Bowl or NCAA Championship? I’d like to go place a few bets.

Merry Christmas too all!

Old Post 12-06-2017 09:00 PM
BawlsDeep is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BawlsDeep Click here to Send BawlsDeep a Private Message Find more posts by BawlsDeep Add BawlsDeep to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
edwardfasteddy
UKC Forum Member

When 92.5% of his pups don't make it and 99.5% of the hunters that buy the pups can't train them, you wind up with a bad reproducer, but its not really all the dogs fault as you can see, but please Mr. Bawls the numbers don't lie, the coon hunter's do.....

Old Post 12-07-2017 01:09 AM
edwardfasteddy
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by BawlsDeep
I stand corrected Ed.... I didn’t realize you had such an accomplished resume. You called it bout Sambo. Recon your the Nostradamus of coonhounds. Know who’s gonna win Super Bowl or NCAA Championship? I’d like to go place a few bets.

Merry Christmas too all!

Hey Deep, I wasn't guessing about that situation with Sambo I knew what was going on right after the hunt was over. I didn't get my dope off this chat board, I heard it right from the guys involved in it. Listen this registry thinks these coonhunters don't know what's going on and most don't, but the guys involved in this are smarter then anyone that works at that registry. If you don't think that is possible, I will just let it at that... "Merry Christmas too All"!!!

Old Post 12-08-2017 04:49 AM
BawlsDeep
UKC Forum Member

I see, so UKC determines if a dog is a coondog huh? Didn’t know dog had to accumulate a title to tree coons... The majority of the best dogs I’ve seen opperate were simply pleasure dogs and had never seen a hunt. The majority of the worse I’ve seen opperate I drew in casts.... I bought one that was a PR dog and 8yrs old few yrs back. Never ever had done a thing but pleasure hunt. He wasn’t for sale but I was so impressed I got very crazy on offer. I did over pay for him but went from PR dog to GRNITCH in 9 hunts. The one he didn’t win I withdrew him for crossing the river in first 15minutes of the hunt. He was treed with his coon as he almost always was. Rest of cast didn’t have anything that coon tree a coon and had a dead cast. Two off the other hounds in that cast were all grand studs that were heavily pushed and promoted during that time. I Guess my old dog never made it to coon dog status until he was 8 yrs old Ed according to your criteria huh? Man oh Man he was a late starter LOL!! One off those dogs in that cast I granded 3 hounds out and was still hunting against him lol... But they new how to make him walk on water on the stud page add and add in the magazines. He finally made Grand but I n ver saw him tree his own coon in all the times I drew him. Lots off men bred to him though but I saw him opperate time and time again.. Honestly “ How can a man expect any one dog to produce anything ether than he or she is?” Happening all around us and has been a long time. Any way that’s my food for thought for today. Cold here today. First snow we’ve gotten in 10yrs way down south here in PR dog country.

Old Post 12-09-2017 01:29 PM
edwardfasteddy
UKC Forum Member

Well now that's funny, reminds me of what I did back in the 90s when I took a female that would Not tree a coon, but had a very good bloodline based on her background of UKC titles, and bred her to a stud that was a Purina Point over all Champion High Country Nite Heat. I when against all these Beer Bottle coonhunter theories and I will be damed if that female didn't produce a National Know World Champion that was sold for $30,000 and two years later another dog of mine was put in the Hall of Fame in 1995, I ended up selling dogs in all 48 states back in the day, but never could find enough 8 year old PR dogs to fill the orders, I was left to do the job of breeding them myself. Thanks to UKC, Titles, (PAD), and doing my home work, I had a lot of fun "Back in the Day"! Note: Here in Pennsylvania the coons are going to have to run in the snow tonight.....

Old Post 12-09-2017 03:31 PM
edwardfasteddy
UKC Forum Member

quote:
I see, so UKC determines if a dog is a coondog huh? Didn’t know dog had to accumulate a title to tree coons... The majority of the best dogs I’ve seen opperate were simply pleasure dogs and had never seen a hunt. The majority of the worse I’ve seen opperate I drew in casts.... I bought one that was a PR dog and 8yrs old few yrs back. Never ever had done a thing but pleasure hunt. He wasn’t for sale but I was so impressed I got very crazy on offer. I did over pay for him but went from PR dog to GRNITCH in 9 hunts. The one he didn’t win I withdrew him for crossing the river in first 15minutes of the hunt. He was treed with his coon as he almost always was. Rest of cast didn’t have anything that coon tree a coon and had a dead cast. Two off the other hounds in that cast were all grand studs that were heavily pushed and promoted during that time. I Guess my old dog never made it to coon dog status until he was 8 yrs old Ed according to your criteria huh? Man oh Man he was a late starter LOL!! One off those dogs in that cast I granded 3 hounds out and was still hunting against him lol... But they new how to make him walk on water on the stud page add and add in the magazines. He finally made Grand but I n ver saw him tree his own coon in all the times I drew him. Lots off men bred to him though but I saw him opperate time and time again.. Honestly “ How can a man expect any one dog to produce anything ether than he or she is?” Happening all around us and has been a long time. Any way that’s my food for thought for today. Cold here today. First snow we’ve gotten in 10yrs way down south here in PR dog country.
Well, That's where that 1% comes in!

Old Post 12-11-2017 05:23 PM
edwardfasteddy
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Hey Fellas, looks like ol Ed the mathematician has it all figured out. Yep he’s the next Breeder of the year Bhaaa ha ha ha ha! Y’all go easy on him. You know these internet hunters are tuff hard going going hunters and true houndsmen. Probably a liberal and voted for Hillary! Lol well..... you get em Ed and maybe you can single handed save the breed! I know Ed, If Joe House would off only had google to of helped his breeding program LMAO! Boy oh Boy I’m gonna pay for this post. Hope y’all enjoy

To get back at the original question about Lipper, When your looking at stud dogs you want a go with some of the top reproducers and you want to look at the dogs that have a least 1000 pups on the ground. The reason for at least 1000 pups is so you can see the good and the bad. Fiver Bend Flag, Skuna River Bark, S.R. Fred and Stylish Clover (Whitey) just to name a few with around 1000 pups each that reproduces 15% to Lippers 7.5%. Pac-Man was another top reproducer with a high percentage of good pups. and when you say you made a dog a Gr. Nite Champion the next question is Where? at a little UKC back yard hunt! There is a different! Just something to think about.

Old Post 12-13-2017 12:02 AM
CONRAD FRYAR
UKC Forum Member

There are so many equations in breeding. For me, must be deadly accurate, must go hunting, must have big bawl mouth, must be built athletic, must have houndy looks and be trainable.
Only a handful a decade reproduce all the above, consistently.

"Life is short boys, Hunt an intelligent hound"

Born in sin, convicted by the Word, saved by Grace.

Old Post 12-13-2017 12:03 PM
CONRAD FRYAR is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CONRAD FRYAR Click here to Send CONRAD FRYAR a Private Message Click Here to Email CONRAD FRYAR Find more posts by CONRAD FRYAR Add CONRAD FRYAR to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
weh
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by CONRAD FRYAR
There are so many equations in breeding. For me, must be deadly accurate, must go hunting, must have big bawl mouth, must be built athletic, must have houndy looks and be trainable.
Only a handful a decade reproduce all the above, consistently.

What stud dog is reproducing this kind of pup now ?

Old Post 12-14-2017 12:03 PM
weh is offline Click Here to See the Profile for weh Click here to Send weh a Private Message Click Here to Email weh Find more posts by weh Add weh to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CONRAD FRYAR
UKC Forum Member

weh, I have moved in house in all my breeding, i have 2 older blooded studs that i have semen on and cross them on each other, Lipper-Coma / OLD Yadkin River.

Grntch. Paulding Forest Bubba ( Cade x Fryars Liza Jane)
Ntch. Merchants Tree Blaster (Champ x Shaws Judy)

It's my belief in breeding dogs, "That you have to keep it tight to keep it right"

"Life is short boys, Hunt an intelligent hound"

Born in sin, convicted by the Word, saved by Grace.

Old Post 12-14-2017 12:38 PM
CONRAD FRYAR is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CONRAD FRYAR Click here to Send CONRAD FRYAR a Private Message Click Here to Email CONRAD FRYAR Find more posts by CONRAD FRYAR Add CONRAD FRYAR to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
edwardfasteddy
UKC Forum Member

Lipper, Cash, Kicker. I seen pups off them dogs back in the day when these guys where making Nite Champions and Grands at 7 to 12 months old and they looked good, sometimes they had a coon and sometimes they didn't, then at two years old they would stand in the road and look at ya, did anyone else see this?

Old Post 12-15-2017 02:10 AM
stxcoonhunter
UKC Forum Member

Curious about this question as well

Old Post 12-15-2017 02:25 PM
stxcoonhunter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for stxcoonhunter Click here to Send stxcoonhunter a Private Message Click Here to Email stxcoonhunter Find more posts by stxcoonhunter Add stxcoonhunter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
edwardfasteddy
UKC Forum Member

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!!!!

Old Post 12-23-2017 06:43 PM