UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Garmin Tip of the Day
Pages (17): « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 12 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
ky87
UKC Forum Member

Yes it still comes on just fine just wont charge, ill look at the charger like you said. Thanks.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 08-27-2016 10:10 PM
ky87 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ky87 Click here to Send ky87 a Private Message Find more posts by ky87 Add ky87 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Darrell Eads
UKC Forum Member

Re: ,

quote:
Originally posted by Bruce m. Conkey
I think the voting own the ALPHA will determine that. ALPHA is the way to go.

I don't want or need the ability to shock or tone ,, I am untrustworthy , when I fry eggs I over cook them

Old Post 08-28-2016 01:56 AM
Darrell Eads is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Darrell Eads Click here to Send Darrell Eads a Private Message Click Here to Email Darrell Eads Find more posts by Darrell Eads Add Darrell Eads to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ky87
UKC Forum Member

Thanks for the help I fiddled with the charger for a minute and it started charging .

Old Post 08-28-2016 03:47 PM
ky87 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ky87 Click here to Send ky87 a Private Message Find more posts by ky87 Add ky87 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Harry Middleton
UKC Forum Member

Bruce or Corey.....one of my tt10 collars quit while hunting the other night. No lights were on at all (blinking or solid). A ? mark was where the dog was treed. Tried to power it on several times and nothing happen. After awhile a solid green light came on and later went off. Plugged it in for awhile and no change. Later when I looked at it the solid green light was on again, and later went off. Can't do anything with it when plugged into a computer. Any help is appreciated.
Thanks, Harry
912-610-3191

Old Post 09-15-2016 02:22 AM
Harry Middleton is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Harry Middleton Click here to Send Harry Middleton a Private Message Find more posts by Harry Middleton Add Harry Middleton to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Harry Middleton
UKC Forum Member

Got it fixed.

Old Post 09-15-2016 06:48 PM
Harry Middleton is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Harry Middleton Click here to Send Harry Middleton a Private Message Find more posts by Harry Middleton Add Harry Middleton to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Harry what did you do to fix it? Harry, I hear you are becoming the Dog Whisperer of S. Ga. I might have one for you to whisper to in a few months.

Old Post 09-15-2016 08:11 PM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Harry Middleton
UKC Forum Member

Call me later and I'll tell you.

Old Post 09-15-2016 09:44 PM
Treedoggmafia
UKC Forum Member

Turned my alpha on and was like a master reset...now when I turn it on it says cannot unlock maps and have to click ok....any ideas?

Old Post 09-26-2016 02:23 AM
Treedoggmafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Treedoggmafia Click here to Send Treedoggmafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Treedoggmafia Find more posts by Treedoggmafia Add Treedoggmafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

What maps do you have downloaded to it. The factory TOPO maps and also Birdseye or any other maps?
Once you click on it does it unlock the maps?
I would do a master reset and see what happens.

Old Post 09-26-2016 01:49 PM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Treedoggmafia
UKC Forum Member

Only have the topo maps it came with and downloaded a small area of Birdseye...I've only had it a week..I've done a master reset and plugged it into computer and re loaded everything

Old Post 09-26-2016 02:08 PM
Treedoggmafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Treedoggmafia Click here to Send Treedoggmafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Treedoggmafia Find more posts by Treedoggmafia Add Treedoggmafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Is it saying in valid birdseye file. Then when you hit enter or Ok that goes away?

If that is the case that means one of the birdseye files you downloaded didn't completely load. To clear that up you have to go in and delete the birdseye files you loaded. Once you delete them off the ALPHA check it and make sure it is working Ok. Reload the birdseye and try again.

Old Post 09-26-2016 03:25 PM
Treedoggmafia
UKC Forum Member

No it's not it just says maps can't be unlocked when you power it on and it's not showing topo map

Old Post 09-26-2016 06:12 PM
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

TreeDog I have the answer now. You need to call Garmin and they have an unlock code they have to give you and walk you through how to plug it in. They told me it was a rare glitch but you would need to call them to get the code.

1800-800-1020

Old Post 09-26-2016 07:07 PM
Treedoggmafia
UKC Forum Member

Thanks so much Bruce!

Old Post 09-26-2016 09:38 PM
nitehunter2004
UKC Forum Member

I have the alpha with TT10, one of the TT10 will not link up, the green light flashes slow, it worked Thursday night but won't link up Friday nite, I hooked it up an hit the button 4 times but the lite never turned green, any advice?

GrNtCh Big Money
GrNtCh North Mt Mort
T&R’s Homemade Trouble

GrNtChGrCh Homemade Josie.
Homemade Tank.
GrNtCh Hardwood Bean (SEMEN)
GrNtCh Abbotts Bawling Rebel (SEMEN)
GrNtChGrCh Tj's Stylish Lipper (SEMEN)
GrNtCh Nite Life Pay Dirt (SEMEN)
GrNtCh PKC Ch Poison Smoke (SEMEN)

HomeMade Kennels
Newton N.C

2010 SETWA BREEDER OF THE YEAR!!
(828) 302-5480

Old Post 10-02-2016 05:25 PM
nitehunter2004 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nitehunter2004 Click here to Send nitehunter2004 a Private Message Find more posts by nitehunter2004 Add nitehunter2004 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

First thing would be to delete it and then add it back and see if anything changes. Of course updating both it and the handheld might improve things. Those are the standard first things to do. It might have a bad connection to the GPS side of things. Look at the wire that runs down the collar and see if is ok where it goes into the collar box. Lots of times they crack there.

When you say you hooked it up and hit the button 4 times. Are you saying to the computer to update it. I assume you did not use a MAC computer for this.

Old Post 10-02-2016 06:01 PM
nitehunter2004
UKC Forum Member

Yes but not a Mac. Im still at work but will check the wire when i get home, I bought it from you. Never had a problem and have never updated it.

GrNtCh Big Money
GrNtCh North Mt Mort
T&R’s Homemade Trouble

GrNtChGrCh Homemade Josie.
Homemade Tank.
GrNtCh Hardwood Bean (SEMEN)
GrNtCh Abbotts Bawling Rebel (SEMEN)
GrNtChGrCh Tj's Stylish Lipper (SEMEN)
GrNtCh Nite Life Pay Dirt (SEMEN)
GrNtCh PKC Ch Poison Smoke (SEMEN)

HomeMade Kennels
Newton N.C

2010 SETWA BREEDER OF THE YEAR!!
(828) 302-5480

Old Post 10-02-2016 06:07 PM
nitehunter2004 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nitehunter2004 Click here to Send nitehunter2004 a Private Message Find more posts by nitehunter2004 Add nitehunter2004 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dsheads
UKC Forum Member

Bruce

Are you familiar with ONX hunt maps. You can buy a chip for your state of choice and it's has property boundaries and satellite imagery. Do you know if you can some how upload it to base camp and put it on an alpha with the Birdseye loaded. Basicly accomplishing property lines at you let finger tips while hunting.

Dillon

Old Post 10-03-2016 03:09 AM
dsheads is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dsheads Click here to Send dsheads a Private Message Click Here to Email dsheads Find more posts by dsheads Add dsheads to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Yes I am familiar with them and have sold several for FL. Thing is many of my customers were timber guys that wanted to see who might own a tract of land or even a realtor or two. Thing is they are a little pricey and there are other options including the ONX apps for a phone which I thing is a cheaper route to go. If land boundaries were that important that might be something I would explore. They also come on a card and you just put the card in your ALPHA. Then that would replace your birdseye and you would need your birdseye on the ALPHA. Putting all this stuff on one card and merging it is something that may be possible but I have so many issues just helping people get one thing on a card or on their gps and advance mapping isn't there yet.
https://www.huntinggpsmaps.com/hunt...mputer-overview

Old Post 10-03-2016 03:54 AM
dsheads
UKC Forum Member

Thank you. I have downloaded the 7-day free trial app and like it. May just purchase the app and use in on my phone and keep my alpha how it is. We have a lot of people buying land here for investments that don't even live near by. I mainly like using this app and some gis websites to find landowners and TRY to ask for permission. As far as hunting probably be a better not to know who's property's my dogs are trespassing on, we still have to the right to retrieve law.

Thank you

Old Post 10-03-2016 02:32 PM
dsheads is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dsheads Click here to Send dsheads a Private Message Click Here to Email dsheads Find more posts by dsheads Add dsheads to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
T Felderman
UKC Forum Member

I have a fairly new Alpha. The collar doesn't keep a charge. What should I look for?

Old Post 10-16-2016 08:04 PM
T Felderman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for T Felderman Click here to Send T Felderman a Private Message Find more posts by T Felderman Add T Felderman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

First thing I would do is charge it and look at the battery life from the handheld and see what it shows. Generally that is a sign of a bad battery. You could also take the back plate off like your going to change the battery and see if there is any corrosion or discolored spots on the circuit board that might be shorting out when the battery is off.

Old Post 10-17-2016 01:06 PM
T Felderman
UKC Forum Member

Handheld shows full charge. Collar was used maybe 10 times since it was bought. Collar shows charged but after and hour its dead.

Old Post 10-17-2016 03:12 PM
T Felderman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for T Felderman Click here to Send T Felderman a Private Message Find more posts by T Felderman Add T Felderman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

If the battery is draining down in an hour it is a battery. If it is less than a year old they have a year warranty. I would contact the dealer you got it from.

Old Post 10-17-2016 03:56 PM
T Felderman
UKC Forum Member

Thanks

Old Post 10-17-2016 04:03 PM