UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > 2012 World Hunt... Thoughts & Opinions?!
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Brandon Coselman
UKC Forum Member

2012 World Hunt... Thoughts & Opinions?!

I've been debating puttin this thread on here bcuz I figure it will prolly be deleted by ukc in the future but o well wont be the 1st time and prolly not the last...

I personally think havin the World Hunt in Louisiana in the middle of September is a flat out ridiculous decision on ukc's part!!! Why not have it in a CENTRAL location for everyone like pkc ?!?!

Home of: 2017 Grand Masters Invitational Champion, 2016 & 2017 Michigan PKC State Champion PCH GRNITECH 'PR' Mr Clean's Snooki
&
2022 Senior SS Reserve Champion PCH GRNITECH Snooki's Jwoww

Last edited by Brandon Coselman on 02-29-2012 at 06:29 PM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-28-2012 10:21 PM
Brandon Coselman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Brandon Coselman Click here to Send Brandon Coselman a Private Message Click Here to Email Brandon Coselman Find more posts by Brandon Coselman Add Brandon Coselman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JiM
UKC Forum Member

I don't think gators are much problem in that area. As for snakes, it don't get much snakier than Rogers Tenn in Sept and I didn't see any or hear about any and don't think any dogs got bit when it was there. For us, the only real downer with Shreveport is the distance and resultant expense of traveling that far. I think the hunting itself will be fine. I never hunted down there but I've driven all around that area and it looks good. I'm more worried about getting the dog qualified to be there then what will happen when and if I get there.
Anyone that can kill 99 coons in one night ought not be scared of nothin.

AKC/UKC GrNtCh Sizemore's Timber Jam Jessi 12/21/04 to 1/21/2011 R.I.P.

Old Post 02-28-2012 10:38 PM
JiM is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JiM Click here to Send JiM a Private Message Click Here to Email JiM Find more posts by JiM Add JiM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
crossbblues
UKC Forum Member

I dont know why people associate Louisiana with gators, snakes what ever,,,,,some of the areas i hunted in East texas had more snakes and gator sign than the area the World Hunt is set....
The world hunt needs to be fair to all. the folks in the south have to go hunt the north spot woods and mountains... the North can come down here and go thru what we do in the south........

You pack a COONHOUND......your dog has testicular fortitude,,,,,,,grow some to.......

THERE not gonna up and change it......if your not gonna get qualified and go to Louisiana...get ya some cheese to go with the whine everone is doing,stay home and watch a boo hoo movie...........

oh yea.....it will cost the same for those in the south to go north......

NORTH VS SOUTH rises AGIN!!!!!!!!!!

Walkers:
AKC CH UKC GRCH 'PR' Stackem Up High
* 2011 AKC South Carolina State Reserve Bench CHampion
*2012 Ukc Louisiana State Youth Bench Show Champion
*Qualified for Lee Crawford Invitational
*2012 AKC Va State Bench Show Champion
*Qualified for 2012 UKC WORLD SHOW

UKC GRCH'PR' Harts Mill Whiskey Rose

New Redbone:

CH 'PR' Harts Mill Flame-N-Flare

Last edited by crossbblues on 02-28-2012 at 10:48 PM

Old Post 02-28-2012 10:45 PM
crossbblues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for crossbblues Click here to Send crossbblues a Private Message Click Here to Email crossbblues Find more posts by crossbblues Add crossbblues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Brandon Coselman
UKC Forum Member

Oh im not scarred and not to worried anyway... I would NEVER travel that far for a ukc hunt anyway!!!!! And I lived 30 mins from Rogersville, Tn for a few mths and go dwn there huntin all the time with buddys and I've yet to see a snake dwn there!

Home of: 2017 Grand Masters Invitational Champion, 2016 & 2017 Michigan PKC State Champion PCH GRNITECH 'PR' Mr Clean's Snooki
&

Old Post 02-28-2012 10:47 PM
Brandon Coselman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Brandon Coselman Click here to Send Brandon Coselman a Private Message Click Here to Email Brandon Coselman Find more posts by Brandon Coselman Add Brandon Coselman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jculler8
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by crossbblues
I dont know why people associate Louisiana with gators, snakes what ever,,,,,some of the areas i hunted in East texas had more snakes and gator sign than the area the World Hunt is set....
The world hunt needs to be fair to all. the folks in the south have to go hunt the north spot woods and mountains... the North can come down here and go thru what we do in the south........

You pack a COONHOUND......your dog has testicular fortitude,,,,,,,grow some to.......

THERE not gonna up and change it......if your not gonna get qualified and go to Louisiana...get ya some cheese to go with the whine everone is doing,stay home and watch a boo hoo movie...........

Too bad UKC didn't think about fairness when determining the ZONES! For me and most others on the East is either Indiana or Virginia! 7+ hour drive to either and then the following week it's even worse!

HOME OF

PKC CH GRNITECH GRCH 'PR' OAKS POINT COON BUSTIN' BELLE HTX 2013 UKC Top 100 (May 2006-January 2017)

'PR' OAKS POINT STRIKE-EM OUT BEAU (May 2006-June 2016)

PKC CH NITECH GRCH 'PR' COON BUSTIN' WHITE STUFF

CH 'PR' GOLD RUSH EXPO

'PR' BLACK KNIGHT'S BALU JETTA (May 2013-October 2015)

CH 'PR' CHERRY CREEK XBOX 2016 Treeing Walker Days King of Show

Old Post 02-28-2012 10:48 PM
jculler8 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jculler8 Click here to Send jculler8 a Private Message Click Here to Email jculler8 Visit jculler8's homepage! Find more posts by jculler8 Add jculler8 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Maves 22
UKC Forum Member

quote:

How come its never in Wisconsin or Minnesota then wouldn't that be fair why not just have it in the middle and keep most everyone happy

Grnitch'Pr' Like no Dawn J

Grnitch Pr' Maves' Nightmare Ms. Monster 2012 Top 100

Grnitch GRCH'Pr' Rebels War Cry 2015 Top 100

'Pr' M&S' Big Rig

'Pr' M&S' War Smoke

Cody Maves
715 579 2187

Old Post 02-28-2012 10:53 PM
Maves 22 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Maves 22 Click here to Send Maves 22 a Private Message Click Here to Email Maves 22 Find more posts by Maves 22 Add Maves 22 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
crossbblues
UKC Forum Member

NO matter were they have the rqe's or world hunt.... some body is not gonna be happy.....ANY decision UKC makes......... some one is not gonna be happy. I moved North.....thought id be closer to the world events........... the took it south not far from my home...... all i could do is Laugh........ dang my luck.......

Walkers:
AKC CH UKC GRCH 'PR' Stackem Up High
* 2011 AKC South Carolina State Reserve Bench CHampion
*2012 Ukc Louisiana State Youth Bench Show Champion
*Qualified for Lee Crawford Invitational
*2012 AKC Va State Bench Show Champion
*Qualified for 2012 UKC WORLD SHOW

UKC GRCH'PR' Harts Mill Whiskey Rose

New Redbone:

CH 'PR' Harts Mill Flame-N-Flare

Old Post 02-28-2012 10:54 PM
crossbblues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for crossbblues Click here to Send crossbblues a Private Message Click Here to Email crossbblues Find more posts by crossbblues Add crossbblues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Brandon Coselman
UKC Forum Member

quote:

No need to let your walker dog mouth overload your bluetick a** man... The problem with ukc is they think this movin the world hunt every year is "fair" for everyone but in reality its not... With the gas prices how many people do you think will be goin to LA?! PKC has all major events in the same CENTRAL location every year for fairness of everyone! If yor from the north it takes you just as long to get there as if your from the south... PKC ITS THE PLACE TO BE!!!!

&

Last edited by Brandon Coselman on 02-28-2012 at 11:33 PM

Old Post 02-28-2012 10:56 PM
crossbblues
UKC Forum Member

if PKC ITS THE PLACE TO BE!!!! ??????? why the sam hill are you on a UKC board then.........

Old Post 02-29-2012 02:25 AM
kaiter
New UKC Forum Member

The world hunt needs to be fair to all. the folks in the south have to go hunt the north spot woods and mountains... the North can come down here and go thru what we do in the south.

Old Post 02-29-2012 02:39 AM
kaiter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for kaiter Click here to Send kaiter a Private Message Click Here to Email kaiter Find more posts by kaiter Add kaiter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CSnowgren
UKC Forum Member

I find it ironic that a particular individual on this thread is complaining about something not being fair. He is one of the most crooked little pricks I have ever come across in a hunt.

Old Post 02-29-2012 02:48 AM
CSnowgren is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CSnowgren Click here to Send CSnowgren a Private Message Find more posts by CSnowgren Add CSnowgren to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jack Bingham
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by CSnowgren
I find it ironic that a particular individual on this thread is complaining about something not being fair. He is one of the most crooked little pricks I have ever come across in a hunt.

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yea Cory there's always going to be someone WHINING!!!!!!!!

A screw up on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part.

HOME OF

GRNitech PKC Platinum CH PR Mosquito Creek Danno's Buggs 2018 American Redbone Champion. 2019 World Champion Female. 2020 PURINA NATIONALS CH.

GRNITE CH Mosquito Creek Hank 2020 top 100

NITE CH SILVER CH Jersey Girl 2020 Top 100

GRNITE CH SILVER CH. Wipeout Small Pox 2020 Top 100

NITECH River Valley Rain

R.I.P.
GRNitech PKC CH GRCH Awesome Mosquito Crk. Lick 2016 World Champion Redbone Female

R.I.P.
DUAL GRAND PR ANDREWS MOSQUITO CREEK GO MAN SAM DNA-P

R.I.P.
GRNITECH PR Thunder creek Squeller 2cast wins NRCA. 4 cast wins AKC qualified for AKC 2009,2010,2011 world hunt. Qualified for 2008,2009 and 2010 UKC worlds. World Finalist at the 2010 UKC Worlds. Money won in PKC

R.I.P. NITECH PR Faith's Image ( 3-UKC 1st) cast win at NRCA 6TH AT ARCA Money won in PKC

Look us up on Facebook: Mosquito Creek Redbones

Old Post 02-29-2012 02:54 AM
Jack Bingham is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jack Bingham Click here to Send Jack Bingham a Private Message Click Here to Email Jack Bingham Visit Jack Bingham's homepage! Find more posts by Jack Bingham Add Jack Bingham to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tim Trone
UKC Forum Member

The way i look at it is if you are serious about pushing for the world title you will go no matter where it is . I have qualified the last two years and went to the zones knowing that i was gonna have to drive a ways , It didnt bother me , i am a broke coon hunter but i was gonna do what i had to . I hunt in snakes and gators getting ready for the zones every year , about time people have to deal with waht we have to go threw . Im qualified this year and im tryin to get another one of my dogs qualified also . I would bet there are more dogs run over every year than there are lost to snakes and gators .

Last edited by Tim Trone on 02-29-2012 at 04:13 AM

Old Post 02-29-2012 03:30 AM
Tim Trone is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tim Trone Click here to Send Tim Trone a Private Message Find more posts by Tim Trone Add Tim Trone to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SFWALKER
UKC Forum Member

Y'all do realize that anyone from Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, etc. have had to drive to Indiana, Ohio, etc many of the last few years with the exception of rogersville right??? It's only fair we have one in the deep south at least every couple of decades lol. And, seriously, don't worry about the snakes and other southern summertime critters.... You and your dog will be ok lol

PKC CH GRNITECH GRCH 'PR' Southern Farms Jeb
GRNITECH GRCH 'PR' Southern Farms Pearl
UKC NITECH AKC NITECH 'PR' Southern Farms Independence
'PR' Southern Farms Bohannon

Gone But Not Forgotten:
UKC NITECH GRCH AKC NITECH 'PR' Southern Farms Bocephus
GRNITECH 'PR' Lookin' Up Liberty

901-282-9262

Old Post 02-29-2012 04:01 AM
SFWALKER is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SFWALKER Click here to Send SFWALKER a Private Message Click Here to Email SFWALKER Find more posts by SFWALKER Add SFWALKER to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Crisco Belcher
UKC Forum Member

going to give it a try. i live in va but going to go somewhere else to zones

Old Post 02-29-2012 04:15 AM
Crisco Belcher is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Crisco Belcher Click here to Send Crisco Belcher a Private Message Click Here to Email Crisco Belcher Find more posts by Crisco Belcher Add Crisco Belcher to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
josh
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by SFWALKER
Y'all do realize that anyone from Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, etc. have had to drive to Indiana, Ohio, etc many of the last few years with the exception of rogersville right??? It's only fair we have one in the deep south at least every couple of decades

Yea, but at least Ind. Ohio are centeraly located for BOTH of us.

I like the world hunt format, but LA is too far for this country boy.

Old Post 02-29-2012 04:52 AM
josh is offline Click Here to See the Profile for josh Click here to Send josh a Private Message Click Here to Email josh Find more posts by josh Add josh to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jculler8
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Vince Klonowski
I don't think we can complain too much about zones. It was in our backyard (PA) for the last 2 years and over in ohio before that.

I'm not really complaining. Just more suprised than anything. Those 3 years of zones had the biggest draw each year by significantly more dogs. Just sayin. If there were just as many competition hunters from the south then why don't they draw the numbers?

HOME OF

PKC CH GRNITECH GRCH 'PR' OAKS POINT COON BUSTIN' BELLE HTX 2013 UKC Top 100 (May 2006-January 2017)

CH 'PR' GOLD RUSH EXPO

Old Post 02-29-2012 05:01 AM
jculler8 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jculler8 Click here to Send jculler8 a Private Message Click Here to Email jculler8 Visit jculler8's homepage! Find more posts by jculler8 Add jculler8 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jculler8
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by CSnowgren

If you are talking about me, please explain how I cheated you in a hunt? If so, why not file a complaint? Maybe you are talking about someone else. haha. gimme a call we can talk 724-388-2868

HOME OF

CH 'PR' GOLD RUSH EXPO

Old Post 02-29-2012 05:06 AM
SFWALKER
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by josh
Yea, but at least Ind. Ohio are centeraly located for BOTH of us.

I like the world hunt format, but LA is too far for this country boy.

Well maybe they'll have it in your part of the world next year. Heck Indiana is too far for me

PKC CH GRNITECH GRCH 'PR' Southern Farms Jeb
GRNITECH GRCH 'PR' Southern Farms Pearl
UKC NITECH AKC NITECH 'PR' Southern Farms Independence
'PR' Southern Farms Bohannon

Gone But Not Forgotten:
UKC NITECH GRCH AKC NITECH 'PR' Southern Farms Bocephus
GRNITECH 'PR' Lookin' Up Liberty

901-282-9262

Old Post 02-29-2012 05:20 AM
SFWALKER is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SFWALKER Click here to Send SFWALKER a Private Message Click Here to Email SFWALKER Find more posts by SFWALKER Add SFWALKER to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
barrelmaker
UKC Forum Member

I have no problem with the world hunt being in the South but it would have been better if it were later in the year so the leaves would be off, take some of the advantage away from the treeing idiots some people seem to love.

Old Post 02-29-2012 10:32 AM
barrelmaker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for barrelmaker Click here to Send barrelmaker a Private Message Click Here to Email barrelmaker Find more posts by barrelmaker Add barrelmaker to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
smokin-1-mo
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by JiM

Anyone that can kill 99 coons in one night ought not be scared of nothin.

WHAT ..........

Old Post 02-29-2012 11:19 AM
smokin-1-mo is offline Click Here to See the Profile for smokin-1-mo Click here to Send smokin-1-mo a Private Message Click Here to Email smokin-1-mo Find more posts by smokin-1-mo Add smokin-1-mo to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dentre
UKC Forum Member

World hunt location

If we are lucky enough to get a dog to the finals we here at Split Creek History Kennels will go anywhere inthe U.S. with no complaint to prove we have a world class dog. Yes UKC should move this hunt around and they do.

Old Post 02-29-2012 05:06 PM
Dentre is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dentre Click here to Send Dentre a Private Message Find more posts by Dentre Add Dentre to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Robert Johnson
UKC Forum Member

Re: World hunt location

quote:
Originally posted by Dentre
If we are lucky enough to get a dog to the finals we here at Split Creek History Kennels will go anywhere inthe U.S. with no complaint to prove we have a world class dog. Yes UKC should move this hunt around and they do.

i feel the same. Hold it in the middle of the mohave desert and i'll still be there if i had a dog that made it that far.

Johnson Creek Kennels
home of:
UKC Grand Nite Champion "PR" Yadkin River Addkis. Deceased 12/11/2016 RIP

2009/2010/2011/2012 AKC GA. State Leader and Supreme Grand Nite Champion Yadkin River Addkis

2010 ACHA Georgia State Champion Grand Nite Champion Yadkin River Addkis

PKC Champion Yadkin River Addkis

Bright Eye Lights

Treeing Walkers

912-663-5287 cell (perfered)

Old Post 02-29-2012 05:32 PM
Robert Johnson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Robert Johnson Click here to Send Robert Johnson a Private Message Click Here to Email Robert Johnson Find more posts by Robert Johnson Add Robert Johnson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dwils
UKC Forum Member

Brandon have no fear buddy

NtCh PKCCh Skuna River Faith
NtCh PKC Ch Catch This
Silver Ch River Bend Lacey

Old Post 02-29-2012 06:06 PM
Dwils is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dwils Click here to Send Dwils a Private Message Click Here to Email Dwils Find more posts by Dwils Add Dwils to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
englishheat298
UKC Forum Member

I dont see the point in complaining where the world hunt is at ANY time...if i get through the zones id be more then happy to drive a full days trip to LA! Ill hunt my dogs in any state i know ill tree coon. And for snakes and what not...not a bit worried Lived in ky where there thick in them cliffs and have never had a problem hunting all year round! If its a big deal where the world is held this year dont waste your time on fuel and entries for rqes and zones! JMO!

‘PR’ Hardtime Bluegill (Grntch Red Ruby Hardtime Crow x ‘PR’ Little Miss Blue)

‘PR’ Main Street Ramblin Ramrod (Grntch Main Street Ramblin Rambo x Ntch Poplar Run Blue Bonnie)

‘PR’ Main Street Double Trouble (Grntch Main Street Ramblin Rambo x Ntch Poplar Run Blue Bonnie)

R.I.P
Ntch Indiana Jones (Woodstock redman x blue arrow)

NTCH Buck Creeks Wild Wendy (Shannon’s iron Hank x Shannon’s Flossie)

Grntch Main Street Hooker (Main Street Max x Twin Creek Patch)

Grntch Main Street Ramblin Rambo (Main Street Max x Buck Creeks Wild Wendy) **Semen** ‘14 1st place Grnite Bluetick Days

Grntch Pkc CH Main Street Dyno (Main Street Dino x Red Ruby Suzie) final 4 pkc black n tan days, final 4 Indiana Autumn Pro Classic, semi finals legacy

Heart,lonely,accurate loyal hounds! Full Throttle English Hounds!
John 3:16!
Born again Christian 3-8-15
219-344-1885

Old Post 02-29-2012 06:14 PM
englishheat298 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for englishheat298 Click here to Send englishheat298 a Private Message Click Here to Email englishheat298 Find more posts by englishheat298 Add englishheat298 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote