UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Scores
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Cyoung
UKC Forum Member

Scores

Were is the winter classic scores posted I found the winners but no scores

Piney Creek Kennel
Pkc ch Grnitch Pr Hardtime Sue
(2018 St Jude 2nd over all hunt winner
High scoring grand nite Friday night
2018 Tennessee state hunt 2nd over all opposite sex winner high scoring grand night Friday night)
2020 Winter Classic overall winner.2nd Friday night 5th Saturday night.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-12-2024 11:43 PM
Cyoung is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Cyoung Click here to Send Cyoung a Private Message Click Here to Email Cyoung Find more posts by Cyoung Add Cyoung to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Toad Hill
UKC Forum Member

Its always a BIG SECRET ..........

* GRNTCH PKC CH SMALL TOWN LONE SURVIVOR "LONER" DNA-VIP
(GRNTCH Cabin Creek Rowdy semen X GRNTCH CH Lonesome Dove Lori)
----- Chilled semen available, 463 million total sperm per collection sent - Quality Documented & Guaranteed as of 11-15-23 -----
-English Days 2020 - 3rd place Fri / High Scoring male & 1st place Sat night
-2021 UKC World TOP 100
-2022 TOC Qualified
-2022 UKC World Qualified
-2023 UKC World Qualified
-2023 PKC World Quarter Finalist TOP 105
- For more on Loner, Go listen to Episode #1 on The Coonhound Collective podcast on Spotify.

* GRNTCH CH LONESOME DOVE LORI ( 2018 UKC World top 25 ) World Qualified 3 years straight [ double bred , 2X WLD CH Eng Fem GRNTCH Backroads Rosie ]

* GRNTCH CH SMALL TOWN BINGO STAR DNA-VIP ( 2019 Winter Classic 2nd place ) [ HOF GRNTCH Wilcox Thunder Bingo X Dual Grand Tree Rockin' Nelly ]
(( Star is the Dam to 2021 Southern Eng Days High Scoring Male & Overall Winner ))

- Live breeding doesn't dictate the future success of a puppy any more than a frozen breeding does.

+ I am the Wretch the song refers to

Old Post 02-13-2024 02:17 PM
Toad Hill is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Toad Hill Click here to Send Toad Hill a Private Message Find more posts by Toad Hill Add Toad Hill to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Team Mafia 2
UKC Forum Member

You’ll have that when the winner brings in 1850 in the pouring down rain in Mississippi

Dalton Cummings
918-533-6545

Old Post 02-14-2024 02:48 AM
Team Mafia 2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Team Mafia 2 Click here to Send Team Mafia 2 a Private Message Click Here to Email Team Mafia 2 Find more posts by Team Mafia 2 Add Team Mafia 2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Score

quote:
Originally posted by Team Mafia 2
You’ll have that when the winner brings in 1850 in the pouring down rain in Mississippi

Wow, that's just much to believe! I would have had to see for myself. Crap like that is just example of why these major hunts should be elimination style and NOT score based. Dave

Old Post 02-14-2024 02:54 AM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
arkansas cooner
UKC Forum Member

If he was able to score 1850 legit he would’ve been a little further south trying to win 100k

Old Post 02-14-2024 03:44 AM
arkansas cooner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for arkansas cooner Click here to Send arkansas cooner a Private Message Click Here to Email arkansas cooner Find more posts by arkansas cooner Add arkansas cooner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Team Mafia 2
UKC Forum Member

Re: Score

quote:
Originally posted by Dave Richards
Wow, that's just much to believe! I would have had to see for myself. Crap like that is just example of why these major hunts should be elimination style and NOT score based. Dave

They had “Several” people vouch for the score I guess. My opinion is the whole crew of them are full of it.

Dalton Cummings
918-533-6545

Old Post 02-14-2024 05:08 AM
Team Mafia 2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Team Mafia 2 Click here to Send Team Mafia 2 a Private Message Click Here to Email Team Mafia 2 Find more posts by Team Mafia 2 Add Team Mafia 2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Score

quote:
They had “Several” people vouch for the score I guess. My opinion is the whole crew of them are full of it.

Exactly. I have been a strong supporter for elimination style format on these major hunts like the Winter Classic, Grand American and Autumn Oaks. It's the only true way to have a winner. A high score even if legit in one cast does not mean anymore that a cast winner in another cast. There are always a few casts that hunt honey holes or lands that other cast have no access to. To me a cast winner is just that regardless of score as long as the score is plus points, If these hunts are truly major hunts then use elimination style just as the World Hunt to have a true champion. I had a buddy score big the first night at the Grand American a few years ago and was dry holed the next night. This example happens over and over on these High score based hunts. I give no credibility to any so called winner until they actually use a elimination based format. Let these so called high score casts prove their ability to win multiply cast to be a Champion. Dave

Old Post 02-14-2024 05:55 AM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ClayBottom11
UKC Forum Member

Re: Score

quote:

Agree 100%, Should’ve been done well before now. Post the scores post the cards.

Old Post 02-14-2024 12:15 PM
ClayBottom11 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ClayBottom11 Click here to Send ClayBottom11 a Private Message Find more posts by ClayBottom11 Add ClayBottom11 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
delta slough
UKC Forum Member

How many points did the Stogie dog have on Friday, just curious. Jr. Steelman

Old Post 02-14-2024 02:05 PM
delta slough is offline Click Here to See the Profile for delta slough Find more posts by delta slough Add delta slough to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ScottCK 6
UKC Forum Member

Thats 8.2 Coons scored , that’s with dog having 225 on them all, must have laid back on the 9th!!!

Old Post 02-14-2024 03:41 PM
ScottCK 6 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ScottCK 6 Click here to Send ScottCK 6 a Private Message Click Here to Email ScottCK 6 Find more posts by ScottCK 6 Add ScottCK 6 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
blue blue
UKC Forum Member

Score

Absolutely possible but highly unlikely.

Old Post 02-14-2024 07:05 PM
blue blue is offline Click Here to See the Profile for blue blue Click here to Send blue blue a Private Message Click Here to Email blue blue Find more posts by blue blue Add blue blue to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
critter
UKC Forum Member

Hard to believe

May be hard to believe but the other nite in public hunting pleasure hunting i treed four in well less than an hour. posted a video on facebook.

Old Post 02-14-2024 07:07 PM
critter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for critter Click here to Send critter a Private Message Click Here to Email critter Find more posts by critter Add critter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Allen / UKC
Administrator

No secrets here but we did have a very high score that we felt necessary to review and investigate in-depth before posting any scores. The time it would take to do that was too much to hold everyone on Sunday morning beofre the awards. We have completed that and will also post a statement with regard to that.

All scores have now been posted.

Old Post 02-14-2024 08:30 PM
Allen / UKC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Allen / UKC Click here to Send Allen / UKC a Private Message Click Here to Email Allen / UKC Find more posts by Allen / UKC Add Allen / UKC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Team Mafia 2
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by delta slough
How many points did the Stogie dog have on Friday, just curious. Jr. Steelman

I had 1200 with him Friday night and the stars absolutely lined up for me to do it. I was in the best spot down there hands down on a beautiful night and ended up heads up and treeing coon every few hundred yards with several being under a 100 yards. with guys that could absolutely walk the guts out of most. We literally scored trees for a solid 2 hours and that’s the absolute most we could come up with that’s not 1 den or slick. I know how hard we worked for a legit 1200 which puts 0 doubt in my mind that the 1850 in the pouring down rain is BS. There is absolutely nothing UKC could do with it other than give him his awards and go on. I’m not mad about it because it’s honestly comical.

Dalton Cummings
918-533-6545

Old Post 02-14-2024 11:06 PM
delta slough
UKC Forum Member

Congratulations Dalton, great score. I live about 70 miles sw of Batesville and hunt that area some. There are some good places to hunt in the delta. Good hunting, Jr.

Old Post 02-14-2024 11:26 PM
delta slough is offline Click Here to See the Profile for delta slough Find more posts by delta slough Add delta slough to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Toad Hill
UKC Forum Member

quote:
I had 1200 with him Friday night and the stars absolutely lined up for me to do it. I was in the best spot down there hands down on a beautiful night and ended up heads up and treeing coon every few hundred yards with several being under a 100 yards. with guys that could absolutely walk the guts out of most. We literally scored trees for a solid 2 hours and that’s the absolute most we could come up with that’s not 1 den or slick. I know how hard we worked for a legit 1200 which puts 0 doubt in my mind that the 1850 in the pouring down rain is BS. There is absolutely nothing UKC could do with it other than give him his awards and go on. I’m not mad about it because it’s honestly comical.

Agreed ✓
I'd also like to add that this isn't anything new. You never see this happen in any elimination style format at the zones or world hunt ? Why is that I wonder?
Lastly, Why was there even an investigation??? If no one on the cast had an issue with the cast then why an investigation? Was there a question on the card ? If not, then why bother with an investigation? What is there to investigate unless UKC officials thought it was a lie ?
To hold an investigation on this cast tells me everything I need to know.

* GRNTCH PKC CH SMALL TOWN LONE SURVIVOR "LONER" DNA-VIP
(GRNTCH Cabin Creek Rowdy semen X GRNTCH CH Lonesome Dove Lori)
----- Chilled semen available, 463 million total sperm per collection sent - Quality Documented & Guaranteed as of 11-15-23 -----
-English Days 2020 - 3rd place Fri / High Scoring male & 1st place Sat night
-2021 UKC World TOP 100
-2022 TOC Qualified
-2022 UKC World Qualified
-2023 UKC World Qualified
-2023 PKC World Quarter Finalist TOP 105
- For more on Loner, Go listen to Episode #1 on The Coonhound Collective podcast on Spotify.

* GRNTCH CH LONESOME DOVE LORI ( 2018 UKC World top 25 ) World Qualified 3 years straight [ double bred , 2X WLD CH Eng Fem GRNTCH Backroads Rosie ]

* GRNTCH CH SMALL TOWN BINGO STAR DNA-VIP ( 2019 Winter Classic 2nd place ) [ HOF GRNTCH Wilcox Thunder Bingo X Dual Grand Tree Rockin' Nelly ]
(( Star is the Dam to 2021 Southern Eng Days High Scoring Male & Overall Winner ))

- Live breeding doesn't dictate the future success of a puppy any more than a frozen breeding does.

+ I am the Wretch the song refers to

Old Post 02-15-2024 12:50 AM
Toad Hill is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Toad Hill Click here to Send Toad Hill a Private Message Find more posts by Toad Hill Add Toad Hill to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Scores

quote:

Dalton, your score and explanation of your cast is spot on, it takes every thing you said to get a score that high. A score of 1800 plus in the rain is just unbelievable as the winner would have had to score on at least 9 separate coons getting first and first on at least 8 of those coons or scoring on 10 or more coons still getting mostly first and first. No dens and finding the coons in every tree they treed, NO WAY pleasure hunting or competition hunting will that happen. I have coon hunted for over fifty years in thin and thick coons in the rain, snow and in perfect conditions and do not believe this happened, especially in the rain. I really wonder how many rain drops were scored as coons eyes. Dave

Last edited by Dave Richards on 02-15-2024 at 10:58 AM

Old Post 02-15-2024 10:55 AM
ClayBottom11
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Toad Hill
[B]Agreed ✓
I'd also like to add that this isn't anything new. You never see this happen in any elimination style format at the zones or world hunt ? Why is that I wonder?

BINGO

Old Post 02-15-2024 12:12 PM
ClayBottom11 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ClayBottom11 Click here to Send ClayBottom11 a Private Message Find more posts by ClayBottom11 Add ClayBottom11 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
T Felderman
UKC Forum Member

It’s been awhile UKC has had a score that big win a major event. Not saying it happened or didn’t and have no reason to believe it didn’t happen. No leaves, three minute trees entirely possible.

Old Post 02-15-2024 03:33 PM
T Felderman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for T Felderman Click here to Send T Felderman a Private Message Find more posts by T Felderman Add T Felderman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ESTEP
UKC Forum Member

I've witnessed and have also scored over 1,200 +. Even been on a cast where 1,875+ won. It happens in Northern Indiana and Southern Michigan. Everything has to be pretty much flawless dogs jamming up easy coon and packing. A 2 dog cast is usually when its most likely to happen. I'm assuming in Mississippi with coon cooperating hunting feeder buckets it's possible. Only the people on that cast knows the full details.

Last edited by ESTEP on 02-15-2024 at 04:13 PM

Old Post 02-15-2024 04:01 PM
ESTEP is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ESTEP Click here to Send ESTEP a Private Message Find more posts by ESTEP Add ESTEP to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Team Mafia 2
UKC Forum Member

Rumor In the south is they were in a 100 acre coon pen… Usually a little bit of truth in every rumor.

Dalton Cummings
918-533-6545

Old Post 02-15-2024 07:46 PM
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Scores

quote:
Rumor In the south is they were in a 100 acre coon pen… Usually a little bit of truth in every rumor.

Well if that's the truth, it still sucks and even more reason to have a elimination style hunting. Absolutely NOT fair to all the other casts that paid their money to hunt. Stuff like this will continue to happen on these HIGH SCORE based hunts. Why would anyone want to travel and spend good money to hunt in this type of hunt, it's time for these major hunts to go to a elimination base hunt format and make things fair to ALL who enter these hunts. Dave

Old Post 02-15-2024 08:57 PM
Jason Miller
UKC Forum Member

Unless you have been under a rock for the last thirty years, then you should know that this has almost always been the case.. My first Winter Classic was in the winter of 1995, and guess what that was my last. I have not been to one since.. All of the hunts that are not elimination style events, will always be luck of the draw. I don’t care if they score 1200 plus or 2500 plus.. Just not my cup of tea.. Knowing that I don’t go to these style of events, and I sure don’t criticize the winners by winning under the format presented..

I have hunted with both handler and dog enough to know, that the score is legitimate. It is an unbelievable score, I agree.. However, it was pure circumstantial luck with a hound that was capable of treeing them quick fast and in a hurry..

I have sat idly by and didn’t say much about the situation, but some of y’all need to realize at this point you are calling six grown men liars about what they signed their name to and witnessed..

Jason Miller
Late Night Kennels

Old Post 02-15-2024 10:57 PM
Jason Miller is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jason Miller Click here to Send Jason Miller a Private Message Find more posts by Jason Miller Add Jason Miller to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Scores

See my post on other score thread as I do not want to repeat myself. The score may be legit, but hunting in a training pen is not something that most hunters can respect. Nuff said. Dave

Old Post 02-16-2024 01:02 AM
Jason Miller
UKC Forum Member

Re: Scores

quote:
See my post on other score thread as I do not want to repeat myself. The score may be legit, but hunting in a training pen is not something that most hunters can respect. Nuff said. Dave

They didn’t hunt in a training pen..

Jason Miller
Late Night Kennels

Old Post 02-16-2024 01:14 AM
Jason Miller is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jason Miller Click here to Send Jason Miller a Private Message Find more posts by Jason Miller Add Jason Miller to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote