UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Beagles > passing of a Legend....
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
mitch gould
UKC Forum Member

passing of a Legend....

It is with a proud heart GRHBCH Heat em up whiteriver Kita was laid to rest this afternoon. Kita was one of the greats both in thr field trial and reproduction but more than that she my buddy. We spent many many an evening just me her and a setting sun.

Those that remember Kita remember her grit her ability to jump and find rabbits was so special, 90 degree heat shed run like it was 50, heavy competion she got better. She was from one of greatest crosses ever Big Jake x Halls dixie which i was equally proud of. She was trialed heavy for little over 1 year in that time she had over 20 1st place wins including winning the ohio state championship wv state championship with many others on her way to being the last black gold national challenge series winner and setting the record for most black gold pts by a female.
It was after that Kita really made her mark:
Kita would b bred 5 times to 2 different sire producing a multitude of wins:
-5 black gold winners
-2 national black gold winners/runnerup
-1 national champion
-3 national champion/ runnerups
-2 top ten world finishes
-2 ukc eliminator champions/runnerup
-1 Don Mcvay memorial overall winner
-2 ARHA world hunt top 10
-more state hunt wins than i can remember
- over 30 titles hounds winning in 15+states
A few kita hounds:
GRHBCH HEAT EM UP TOOTSIE
GRHBCH HEAT EM UP NITRO
NGRHBCH HEAT EM UP SHENANGO PRINCESS
LPGRCH GRHBCH CARDERS PATHFINDING PETE
GRHBCH HEAT UP REBA
GRHBCH HEAT EM UP BLACK PHANTOM
GRHBCH HEAT EM UP HAIL STORM
LPGRCH HBCH HEAT EM UP MOPRIMETIME DOZER
and many many more thank you all

She is the #1 reproducing female in ukc history of HBCHs OR GRHBCHs
And her affect on the breed will b felt for many generations in many kennels and breeding programs.

I would like to thank all those that hunted and trialed dogs from our kennel and kita. But most of all id like to thank my friend chris reynolds for keeping and caring for kita this past year. She was as much yours as mine. Also thank you to my friends charles grossa and dave allman for helping me bury her. You are all true friends thank u
http://www.heatemupkennels.com/females.html

Thanks
Mitch Gould

click on link to visit our website
Heat- Em- Up Kennels

Last edited by mitch gould on 05-10-2015 at 04:50 AM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 05-10-2015 04:43 AM
mitch gould is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mitch gould Click here to Send mitch gould a Private Message Click Here to Email mitch gould Visit mitch gould's homepage! Find more posts by mitch gould Add mitch gould to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
R.A. Smith
UKC Forum Member

Sorry to hear that, she was a nice one.

Old Post 05-10-2015 10:53 AM
R.A. Smith is offline Click Here to See the Profile for R.A. Smith Click here to Send R.A. Smith a Private Message Click Here to Email R.A. Smith Find more posts by R.A. Smith Add R.A. Smith to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tim Bowen
UKC Forum Member

Sorry to hear, she sure was a special hound

Old Post 05-10-2015 01:21 PM
Tim Bowen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tim Bowen Click here to Send Tim Bowen a Private Message Click Here to Email Tim Bowen Find more posts by Tim Bowen Add Tim Bowen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Fred Hwkins
UKC Forum Member

mitch

Sorry to hear about Kita; I know how much she ment to the Heat Em up program. Always hard losing good dogs!

Jerimiah 17:7 - Blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD whose confidence is in Him.

Happy Beagling and God Bless from,
Dusty Road Beagles

Old Post 05-10-2015 02:00 PM
Fred Hwkins is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Fred Hwkins Click here to Send Fred Hwkins a Private Message Find more posts by Fred Hwkins Add Fred Hwkins to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Derek Bowen
UKC Forum Member

She was definitely one of the all time greats. I feel privileged to been able to hunt with her. Mitch thanks for the opportunity to hunt and own many of her pups. She meant the world to Heat Em Up kennels. RIP Kita

Old Post 05-10-2015 02:08 PM
Derek Bowen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Derek Bowen Click here to Send Derek Bowen a Private Message Find more posts by Derek Bowen Add Derek Bowen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
C.Gallagher
UKC Forum Member

Mitch I'm so sorry for ur loss buddy!! Every time I think of Kita one word comes to mind "REPRODUCER !! U should be proud of the dogs she's produced and the impact she has made to competition beagle world! She was definitely a ONCE and a lifetime hound!

Home of
LPRCH GRHBCH JENNY'S LITTLE MAGGIE
HBCH JENNY'S SWEET LITTLE LACY
HBCH JENNY'S LITTLE MISS MOLLI
HBCH HEAT-EM-UP SHENANGO'S BIG SHOOTER

Coming soon...
HEAT-EM-UP MO PRIMETIME SI

Old Post 05-10-2015 03:54 PM
C.Gallagher is offline Click Here to See the Profile for C.Gallagher Find more posts by C.Gallagher Add C.Gallagher to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
big matt t.
UKC Forum Member

So sorry for the loss of kita mitch!! She was 1 of the greatest females I ever had thr privilege to hunt behind I feel your pain but u shld just remember the things u and kita accomplished I doubt that will ever be matched in our lifetime!! Its funny how you can always here them pounding a bunny so clear in ur mind all the time when there gone and that is the best memory of all!!! Rest in peace kita girl!!!

"We Hual With Owens Boxes"
GRCH GRHBCH White River Coal Miner
GRCH GRHBCH Weedeater Fire River Blessing (Gena)
GRCH GRHBCH Litttle Italy's Gracie Girl
Regestered National Ch. GRHBCH Hartleyville Grimm Ripper
HBCH Big T's Leo's Coal Trash
GRHBCH Huttons Big T's Rip Fuel
(And Coming Soon)
Whiteriver Awhole Lotta Trouble
Big T's Lucy In The Sky
Big T's Can't Get Right
Big T's Pretty Girl Zoey
( Temperary Home Of )
GRHBCH Buck Lake Lola (RIP OLD GIRL)

Old Post 05-10-2015 04:59 PM
big matt t. is offline Click Here to See the Profile for big matt t. Click here to Send big matt t. a Private Message Click Here to Email big matt t. Find more posts by big matt t. Add big matt t. to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mitch gould
UKC Forum Member

Thank you all for the kind words!

Heat- Em- Up Kennels

Old Post 05-11-2015 12:55 AM
mitch gould is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mitch gould Click here to Send mitch gould a Private Message Click Here to Email mitch gould Visit mitch gould's homepage! Find more posts by mitch gould Add mitch gould to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DHARVEY
UKC Forum Member

She was a dandy that's for sure.. Sorry for ur loss mitch

HBCH Hardtime Heat Em Up Psycho
HBCH Harvey's Tap Out
GRHBCH Treaty Line Grave Digger
Harvey's Beware "Rowdy"
304-203-3581

Old Post 05-11-2015 02:24 AM
DHARVEY is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DHARVEY Click here to Send DHARVEY a Private Message Click Here to Email DHARVEY Visit DHARVEY's homepage! Find more posts by DHARVEY Add DHARVEY to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sundown Beagles
UKC Forum Member

So sorry to hear Mitch. One of the best cast I have ever been on involved Kita, Threat and Izzy. She was a very special hound. Sorry for your loss.

Old Post 05-11-2015 12:21 PM
Sundown Beagles is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sundown Beagles Click here to Send Sundown Beagles a Private Message Click Here to Email Sundown Beagles Find more posts by Sundown Beagles Add Sundown Beagles to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sam zirkle
UKC Forum Member

sorry to hear Mitch

GRHBCH GRCH 'PR' HEAT -EM-UP TRAPPER
GRHBCH HARDIE HEAT -EM-UP REBA
HBCH HEAT -EM -UP KIT'S LITTLE ZEDA
HBCH CH'PR ' HEAT - EM-UP LINDA

Old Post 05-11-2015 01:08 PM
sam zirkle is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sam zirkle Click here to Send sam zirkle a Private Message Visit sam zirkle's homepage! Find more posts by sam zirkle Add sam zirkle to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Allen / UKC
Administrator

One fantastic hound, and even more impressive, an outstanding reproducer. A lot of great memories I'm sure. Congratulations to the breeders and all those involved. 27 titled pups out of 43 is pretty darn impressive.

Sorry for your loss Mitch. I'm sure it was tough.

Old Post 05-11-2015 06:53 PM
Allen / UKC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Allen / UKC Click here to Send Allen / UKC a Private Message Click Here to Email Allen / UKC Find more posts by Allen / UKC Add Allen / UKC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mitch gould
UKC Forum Member

Thanks allen...and ur right great memories...shell b showing up in lots of great hounds pedigrees for years. Her 27 will b tuff to ever beat on total hounds titled...she had 3 get run over with wins and 4 sold to other registries and she has 6 more that could finish if they get put in any more hunts ,so who knows. But u know none of that means as much as the memories hunting and running her or watching my pap shoot bunnies to her.

Thx

Heat- Em- Up Kennels

Old Post 05-11-2015 11:07 PM
CSG
Banned

R.I.P KITA

Mitch u were a blessed man to had her and she was jus as blessed to have you!

Old Post 05-12-2015 12:41 AM
CSG is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CSG Click here to Send CSG a Private Message Find more posts by CSG Add CSG to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chrisR
UKC Forum Member

I don't even know where to start!!! Kita was one of the best dogs I have ever ran with. She as a dog was unbelievable!!! She just was not a dog she was a big part of our kennel. A lot of people just look at a hound and see a rabbit dog but when you looked at KITA you seen a dog that made two Best friends have a great 12 years run dogs together. There is no way to be able to thank her enough!!!! It would be great to start it all over again!!! Rest in Peace old Girl!!! We will all meet up and run again some day!!!!!!

Old Post 05-12-2015 03:34 PM
chrisR is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chrisR Click here to Send chrisR a Private Message Click Here to Email chrisR Find more posts by chrisR Add chrisR to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
clksbeagles
New UKC Forum Member

Sorry for your loss Mitch and Chris.

I never got to see Kita go but have seen it in her offspring, endless desire, grit, and heart. She has made an impact on my kennel for a long time.

Last edited by clksbeagles on 05-18-2015 at 11:35 PM

Old Post 05-12-2015 06:48 PM
clksbeagles is offline Click Here to See the Profile for clksbeagles Click here to Send clksbeagles a Private Message Click Here to Email clksbeagles Find more posts by clksbeagles Add clksbeagles to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GETRDONE KENNEL
UKC Forum Member

Sorry Mitch, she sure was a special hound

HOME OF
HBCH,CH"PR" WHITE RIVER SHENANGO DESTINY
HBCH,"PR" WHITE RIVER GETRDONE BIG-DADDY
GETRDONE MARY JANE (MJ)
Past Champions
GRPCH,GRCH,GRHBCH,"PR"WHITE RIVER SHENANGO PRINCESS (sold)
PCH,GRCH,GRHBCH"PR"WHITE RIVER WILLIE(sold)
PCH,HBCH,CH.WHITE RIVER ROLLING OAKY DOAKY(sold)

Old Post 05-13-2015 12:17 AM
GETRDONE KENNEL is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GETRDONE KENNEL Click here to Send GETRDONE KENNEL a Private Message Click Here to Email GETRDONE KENNEL Visit GETRDONE KENNEL's homepage! Find more posts by GETRDONE KENNEL Add GETRDONE KENNEL to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jhw
UKC Forum Member

Kita was certainly a great hound and reproducer. She made a very positive impact on the sport that will last for years. Sorry for your loss Mitch and Chris.

Old Post 05-13-2015 12:33 AM
jhw is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jhw Click here to Send jhw a Private Message Click Here to Email jhw Find more posts by jhw Add jhw to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chrisR
UKC Forum Member

thanks for all the nice replies for everyone!!!!!!!!

Old Post 05-14-2015 04:32 PM
chrisR is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chrisR Click here to Send chrisR a Private Message Click Here to Email chrisR Find more posts by chrisR Add chrisR to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jason Tharp
UKC Forum Member

Sorry for your loss guys. Mills told me she was a powerhouse. Never an easy thing to say goodbye to any hound, especially the great ones!!

GRHBCH Tharps Hooker
HBCH Tharps Rowdy
HBCH Tharps Tilly
HBCH Tharps Evie
HBCH Ewalts Sprocket
HBCH Tillys Rowdy Tracker
HBCH Carters Jo-Jo

Old Post 05-21-2015 05:01 AM
Jason Tharp is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jason Tharp Click here to Send Jason Tharp a Private Message Click Here to Email Jason Tharp Find more posts by Jason Tharp Add Jason Tharp to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote