UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Off Topic > Corporal Punishment
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Corporal Punishment

Does anyone remember: spare the rod and spoil the child, this is going to hurt me more than you, go cut me a switch, the dreaded belt, just wait until your father gets home? Does anyone remember getting sent to the Principle's office for a paddling? Do y'all remember the wooden paddles teachers had? Some were wide. Some were thin. How about the ones with holes in them?
Well the liberals and psychologists stepped in and convinced everyone that corporal punishment was bad. Like all liberal ideas, it sounded so good in theory. They convinced us that violence begets violence. They completely changed our outlook on child abuse.
Well, how has that worked out in practice? Is violence down? Are children better behaved? We forgot all about deterrence. Just look at what has happened in the whole world today. How bad does it have to get before we wake up and decide that the liberals were wrong and do something about it.

Last edited by Richard Lambert on 11-07-2023 at 02:18 PM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 11-07-2023 02:14 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Liberals are starting on our system of jails and prisons now. They say that prisons are bad. No one is being rehabilitated.
Of course prisons are bad. They are supposed to be terrible. They are supposed to be punishment for bad people doing bad things. They are a deterrence. If you do something bad you are going to be sent to a bad place. If you don't want to go there then behave. Have we not learned anything from our failure with discipline at home and in school?

Old Post 11-07-2023 02:29 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Guess what is next on the liberals list of things to change...our Armed Forces.... it is only a matter of time. They started with doing away with the draft. Now the Army has to recruit, attract and appease new soldiers. It sounded like such a great idea. I wonder why there are so many liberals in the Army now?

Old Post 11-07-2023 02:36 PM
Robert Johnson
UKC Forum Member

Be careful Richard. Some of the liberal lovers on here may have DFACS knocking on your door.

Johnson Creek Kennels
home of:
UKC Grand Nite Champion "PR" Yadkin River Addkis. Deceased 12/11/2016 RIP

2009/2010/2011/2012 AKC GA. State Leader and Supreme Grand Nite Champion Yadkin River Addkis

2010 ACHA Georgia State Champion Grand Nite Champion Yadkin River Addkis

PKC Champion Yadkin River Addkis

Bright Eye Lights

Treeing Walkers

912-663-5287 cell (perfered)

Old Post 11-09-2023 12:28 PM
Robert Johnson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Robert Johnson Click here to Send Robert Johnson a Private Message Click Here to Email Robert Johnson Find more posts by Robert Johnson Add Robert Johnson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Punishment

I came up in the era that you got your butt busted switches belts were the common method of correction. I am so very proud that my father loved me enough to correct my bad behavior. I am 75 and can proudly say that I have NEVER been in any trouble with the law. I give credit to my dad. Kids today do not have that background and we all can see how that is working out. United we stand, divided we fall, it's time we regain the right to apply physical punishment at a age where we gain control. Dave

Old Post 12-04-2023 09:08 PM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Punishment

I came up in the era that you got your butt busted switches belts were the common method of correction. I am so very proud that my father loved me enough to correct my bad behavior. I am 75 and can proudly say that I have NEVER been in any trouble with the law. I give credit to my dad. Kids today do not have that background and we all can see how that is working out. United we stand, divided we fall, it's time we regain the right to apply physical punishment at a age where we gain control. Dave

Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Punishment

Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Punishment

Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Punishment

Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Punishment

Old Post 12-04-2023 09:09 PM