UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Breeds > Treeing Walkers > What up with sweat it?
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
justreedog101
UKC Forum Member

What up with sweat it?

Who knows anything about sweat it? I hear he is a great dog and my uncle wants to breed my dual grand to him but I don't really know him any help would be great thinks Justin

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 12-08-2012 04:33 PM
justreedog101 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for justreedog101 Click here to Send justreedog101 a Private Message Click Here to Email justreedog101 Find more posts by justreedog101 Add justreedog101 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bobby Reynolds
UKC Forum Member

I have only hunted with him one time. Huge mouth, awesome dying locates and good tree dog.

I have hunted with several pups out of him, and Sweat, and Trackman. If I was going to breed to one of Curts studs, it would be Sweat It.

Have talked to numerous people who have saw Sweat It put on a coon treeing clinic.

JMO

Old Post 12-08-2012 06:46 PM
Bobby Reynolds is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bobby Reynolds Click here to Send Bobby Reynolds a Private Message Click Here to Email Bobby Reynolds Find more posts by Bobby Reynolds Add Bobby Reynolds to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CSnowgren
UKC Forum Member

If Sweat It was being considered, his brother Ride should be seriously looked at. When one is contemplating a dog for his genetic contribution potential, the traits the dog displays naturally should carry a lot of weight. They both have the same pedigree of course but if you can permit yourself to a truly unbiased comparative examination of the two relative to natural ability vs. man-made, you will not be able to ignore Ride. Ride truly is, in my mind, the absolute best sleeper among most of the stud dogs available today.

Old Post 12-08-2012 07:17 PM
CSnowgren is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CSnowgren Click here to Send CSnowgren a Private Message Find more posts by CSnowgren Add CSnowgren to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
justreedog101
UKC Forum Member

Well thinks for the info I am really considering breeding to him we will just have to wait on my dog now

Old Post 12-08-2012 07:22 PM
justreedog101 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for justreedog101 Click here to Send justreedog101 a Private Message Click Here to Email justreedog101 Find more posts by justreedog101 Add justreedog101 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bobby Reynolds
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by CSnowgren
If Sweat It was being considered, his brother Ride should be seriously looked at. When one is contemplating a dog for his genetic contribution potential, the traits the dog displays naturally should carry a lot of weight. They both have the same pedigree of course but if you can permit yourself to a truly unbiased comparative examination of the two relative to natural ability vs. man-made, you will not be able to ignore Ride. Ride truly is, in my mind, the absolute best sleeper among most of the stud dogs available today.

I couldn't agree with you more. However, what I saw out of Sweat It, was ability that can not be man made. You can not make track power, mouth, locating ability, or tree power. I hunted with him on the last weekend of the year in 2011. It was cold and nasty. I didn't see anything that showed to be man made. I know he reproduces, seen several pups out of him with big mouths,great locates, and treedogs that could move a track. I don't know Curt at all and have no reason to tell anything but my honest opinion. I plan to breed a female to him soon myself.

Old Post 12-08-2012 09:20 PM
Bobby Reynolds is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bobby Reynolds Click here to Send Bobby Reynolds a Private Message Click Here to Email Bobby Reynolds Find more posts by Bobby Reynolds Add Bobby Reynolds to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CSnowgren
UKC Forum Member

I can appreciate that. I was exposed to the dog long before Curt bought him. I don't know if you'll get any of those guys from Michigan to talk but in any event, good luck. I have no vested interest either way.

Old Post 12-08-2012 10:34 PM
CSnowgren is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CSnowgren Click here to Send CSnowgren a Private Message Find more posts by CSnowgren Add CSnowgren to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bobby Reynolds
UKC Forum Member

Can you tell me a little about the Ride dog? I am an open-minded person.

Old Post 12-09-2012 04:45 PM
ccovi481
UKC Forum Member

Ride

I have two pups out of Ride. A year oldmale out of a Quick Flash female that money can't buy. Biggest mouth I have ever heard, cold nosed, likes to be alone and a pretty nice tree dog. He drowns out every dog that comes to the tree. He will hopefully be a winner. Turned down good money for him. I also have a 5 month old female out of a Harry female that has been running loose and is fast. Got a decent mouth on her as well. If I had a female worth breeding I would give Brent a call in a heart beat and breed to Ride. He is one good looking sucker and was bred to reproduce. Give Brent a call 740-624-9677. Great guy to deal with

Old Post 12-10-2012 03:13 AM
ccovi481 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ccovi481 Click here to Send ccovi481 a Private Message Click Here to Email ccovi481 Find more posts by ccovi481 Add ccovi481 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jacobhills
UKC Forum Member

Feel free to give me a call. I have hunted with sweat it a few times and love what I have seen. I bred my female to Sweat it this last spring and all the pups are inteligent and beautiful. They are six months old now and are loud. I sold all the pups but one female that I kept. She is treeing on drags and hang ups. I took her out one time with her mom last month when she was about 5 1/2 months old she went the whole way with her, and never looked back. She opened on track some and was at the tree. I have kept contact with the other guys that bought her littermates and the are all very pleased with the cross and told me they wanted another when I bred her back to Sweat It. She will be bred back to Sweat It as soon as she comes in. You cannot go wrong by breeding to Sweat It!!! Curt is a great guy to work with and will treat you right.

Old Post 12-10-2012 04:38 PM
jacobhills is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jacobhills Click here to Send jacobhills a Private Message Click Here to Email jacobhills Find more posts by jacobhills Add jacobhills to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
StrawberryMt
UKC Forum Member

We have a litter out of Sweat Its nt ch littermate sister we are really hoping turn out good.

http://stirekcanineservices.weebly.com

Old Post 12-11-2012 06:38 PM
StrawberryMt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for StrawberryMt Click here to Send StrawberryMt a Private Message Click Here to Email StrawberryMt Find more posts by StrawberryMt Add StrawberryMt to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jayce jenkins
UKC Forum Member

anybody know about any of the pups out of sweat it and trackmans ruby? the houghlands owned the feamale i think.

Old Post 12-12-2012 05:15 AM
jayce jenkins is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jayce jenkins Click here to Send jayce jenkins a Private Message Click Here to Email jayce jenkins Find more posts by jayce jenkins Add jayce jenkins to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jayce jenkins
UKC Forum Member

Anybody?

Old Post 12-19-2012 07:56 PM
jayce jenkins is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jayce jenkins Click here to Send jayce jenkins a Private Message Click Here to Email jayce jenkins Find more posts by jayce jenkins Add jayce jenkins to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jsmarshall
UKC Forum Member

hunted with dogs out of sweat it and ride both thro good pups just bred our all grand superman female to him and a buddy bred his granite out cherokke to em at same time

Old Post 12-19-2012 08:54 PM
jsmarshall is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jsmarshall Click here to Send jsmarshall a Private Message Click Here to Email jsmarshall Find more posts by jsmarshall Add jsmarshall to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Blake Hopson
UKC Forum Member

I had a female out of sweat it and sold her to a guy from blountville tn area think she has a 1st and 2cd at just a little over one year old. She had a huge mouth and seemed to have a great nose when i sold her..

Old Post 12-20-2012 02:54 PM
Blake Hopson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Blake Hopson Click here to Send Blake Hopson a Private Message Find more posts by Blake Hopson Add Blake Hopson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jsmarshall
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by watauga river
I had a female out of sweat it and sold her to a guy from blountville tn area think she has a 1st and 2cd at just a little over one year old. She had a huge mouth and seemed to have a great nose when i sold her..

I thank u sold her to jerret belchor she has 2 wins towards grand now molly right?

Old Post 12-20-2012 05:28 PM
jsmarshall is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jsmarshall Click here to Send jsmarshall a Private Message Click Here to Email jsmarshall Find more posts by jsmarshall Add jsmarshall to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Blake Hopson
UKC Forum Member

yea that would be her.. Guess she shaping out to be a nice hound...

Old Post 12-20-2012 08:50 PM
Blake Hopson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Blake Hopson Click here to Send Blake Hopson a Private Message Find more posts by Blake Hopson Add Blake Hopson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
treestroker
UKC Forum Member

jayce

call kevin he could tell you all about them 641 208 6071

Old Post 12-24-2012 08:02 PM
treestroker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for treestroker Click here to Send treestroker a Private Message Find more posts by treestroker Add treestroker to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hokieman
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Bobby Reynolds
I couldn't agree with you more. However, what I saw out of Sweat It, was ability that can not be man made. You can not make track power, mouth, locating ability, or tree power. I hunted with him on the last weekend of the year in 2011. It was cold and nasty. I didn't see anything that showed to be man made. I know he reproduces, seen several pups out of him with big mouths,great locates, and treedogs that could move a track. I don't know Curt at all and have no reason to tell anything but my honest opinion. I plan to breed a female to him soon myself.

PROUD MEMBER OF :
TEAM OAK MOUNTAIN FRITO
TEAM WIPEOUT SCOOTER D

TEAM ALL GRAND TRACKMAN
TEAM ROCK BOTTOM SWEAT IT

CURT AHRING STUD BARN CENTRAL
5162 County Rd #233
Monroe City, MO 63456
*** NEW NUMBER ***
CELL- 217-617-0792

FOR REFFERENCE ON TRACKMAN & SWEAT IT
CALL BUZZ LYNCH @ 615-368-7319

CONGRATS TO CURT AHRING FOR BEING BREEDER OF THE YEAR 4 YRS AND RUNNING.

CONGRATS TO ALL GRAND TRACKMAN FOR BEING SIRE OF THE YEAR 3YRS AND RUNNING.

CURT WANTS TO THANK HIS WIFE KERRI FOR ALL HER HARD WORK AND LOVING SUPPORT OF CURT'S CRUSADES OVER THE YEARS. HE REALLY APPRECIATES HER AND LOVES HER DEARLY. THANKS KERRI FOR SUPPORTING TEAM TRACKMAN AND KEEPING OL CURT IN LINE... IT COULDN'T HAVE BEEN DONE WITHOUT YOU.

COME JOIN TEAM TRACKMAN FB PAGE
https://www.facebook.com/TeamTrackman

Nite-Time Hunting & Pet Supply
James, Benga, J.D. & Isabella Atwell
3875 North Scenic Hwy.
Bastian Va, 24314
1-276-688-3281
1-304-922-1103
1-304-922-2311

VISIT :
http://www.nitetimesupply.com

Old Post 12-24-2012 10:14 PM
Hokieman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hokieman Click here to Send Hokieman a Private Message Visit Hokieman's homepage! Find more posts by Hokieman Add Hokieman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jayce jenkins
UKC Forum Member

treestroker

Thanks! I'll give him a call tommrow

Old Post 01-08-2013 02:51 AM
Oklahunter48
UKC Forum Member

Sweat it

U should def breed to him... Loud mouth, track power, tree dog. By his self with a coon. Natural. Best locate iv ever heard.

Old Post 01-09-2013 08:18 PM
Oklahunter48 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Oklahunter48 Click here to Send Oklahunter48 a Private Message Find more posts by Oklahunter48 Add Oklahunter48 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jeremy S Crapo
UKC Forum Member

So he is throwing nice pups?

Old Post 05-18-2013 02:19 PM
Jeremy S Crapo is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jeremy S Crapo Click here to Send Jeremy S Crapo a Private Message Click Here to Email Jeremy S Crapo Find more posts by Jeremy S Crapo Add Jeremy S Crapo to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jay brademeyer
UKC Forum Member

Absolutely !!!!!!!

"Building on a solid foundation starts on the bottom side"

Old Post 03-19-2014 05:15 PM
jay brademeyer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jay brademeyer Click here to Send jay brademeyer a Private Message Click Here to Email jay brademeyer Find more posts by jay brademeyer Add jay brademeyer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jason keck
UKC Forum Member

Even the smaller built ones have good mouths. One thing for sure them studs at curts house will throw locates and mouths into your breeding program. Andnice tree dogs.

Old Post 03-22-2014 08:04 PM
jason keck is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jason keck Click here to Send jason keck a Private Message Click Here to Email jason keck Find more posts by jason keck Add jason keck to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Storm99
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Bobby Reynolds

I hunted with him dec of 2012

Old Post 03-28-2014 05:32 PM
Storm99 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Storm99 Click here to Send Storm99 a Private Message Click Here to Email Storm99 Find more posts by Storm99 Add Storm99 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ray Walburn
UKC Forum Member

sweat-it

super nice hound an he can get it done by himself or with company.

I forgive people but that doesn't mean I accept their behavior or trust them I forgive them 4 me, so I can let go and move on with my life

"The best revenge is massive success." #FrankSinatra

People who are INTIMIDATED by you talk bad about you with hopes that others wont find you as appealing!

You have Enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. Winston Churchill

Old Post 05-21-2014 01:44 PM
Ray Walburn is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ray Walburn Click here to Send Ray Walburn a Private Message Find more posts by Ray Walburn Add Ray Walburn to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote