UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Memorial Day
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Memorial Day

Happy Memorial Day to all my fellow veterans, those who have served our Great Nation. I will never forget my fellow veterans who gave their all, especially Lt. Cmdr. David Callahan killed while serving in Viet Nam. He was a very good pilot that was killed in a landing accident aboard the USS INTREPID, a Carrier serving in Viet Nam. I can still see his face in my mind after all these years. Worse Lt. McNabb was shot down shortly thereafter and taken as a POW. We lost 2 pilots out of my squadron on the same deployment to Viet Nam. Long time ago, but the pain still exists. I was very happy to have served with both of these pilots. Dave

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 05-28-2024 01:38 AM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Reuben
UKC Forum Member

Dave, thank you for your service to this great nation, and also to those who suffered injuries…especially to the soldiers who payed the ultimate price…

Old Post 05-28-2024 02:25 PM
Reuben is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Reuben Click here to Send Reuben a Private Message Click Here to Email Reuben Find more posts by Reuben Add Reuben to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Rueben

You are most welcome. I too appreciate all veterans and the ones we lost. It's not just the ones who died, but all of the wounded warriors that we should be grateful for. War is he'll during and after as many carry the scars both mental and physical. Dave

Old Post 05-29-2024 12:09 AM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DL NH
UKC Forum Member

My father and 2 of his brothers (my uncles) were all in WWII. My dad and (1) uncle were in the USN. Both on destroyers in the South Pacific. The other uncle flew 25 sorties over Germany. They all came home without so much as a scratch. My father always said it was my grandmothers prayers that kept them safe.

Old Post 05-29-2024 04:03 AM
DL NH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DL NH Click here to Send DL NH a Private Message Find more posts by DL NH Add DL NH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Reuben
UKC Forum Member

My father and uncle Joe both served in the Army, the duration they served was more than 4 years closer to 5…I am so very proud of them…both are gone now but never forgotten…

Their story is pretty interesting…my father volunteered early and when his older brother found out he went straight to the recruiter and said he would volunteer if he could go along side his younger brother…of course the recruiter said he could and so he signed up…once the ships were departing overseas they put my father in one ship and my uncle in another…my uncle Joe was an easy going man most of the time but this one time he balked and refused to get on the ship he had been assigned to…so he sailed out with my dad and fought alongside him and sometimes they shared the same foxhole…my father never really talked about the war but my uncle Joe would at times…

Old Post 05-29-2024 08:39 PM
Reuben is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Reuben Click here to Send Reuben a Private Message Click Here to Email Reuben Find more posts by Reuben Add Reuben to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Reuben
UKC Forum Member

Deleting the repeat…

Old Post 05-29-2024 08:56 PM
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Rueben/Dan

My father served in Germany during WW11, he was leading his company when a German snipper shot him, the bullet barely missed his heart by a inch or less and went through him, hitting one of his men in the leg breaking his leg bone. Dad never knew he was shot until his man screamed out in pain with his injured leg. Dad made a full recovery and lived to fight again. Dad's mother was a devout Christian and Said she knew he was wounded even before the Army notified her, said she knew he would be okay and would fully recover. Lots of prayers kept many alive during those tough times. My dad refused to talk about the war and you only knew he had been shot by the scar. My nephew just retired a few years back, he retired as a Army Colonel. My family has a history of Military service and I am very proud to have served as well. Dave

Old Post 05-30-2024 01:21 AM
garyccox
UKC Forum Member

Thank you sir for your service

Old Post 05-30-2024 02:31 AM
garyccox is offline Click Here to See the Profile for garyccox Find more posts by garyccox Add garyccox to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote