UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Starting young dog solo
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
tyler.owens2
New UKC Forum Member

Starting young dog solo

I have a year old English female that I’m having some issues with. 1st is that she is dead silent in the woods. I mean she hasn’t barked 1 time in the woods if I was to cut her loose on a caged coon, drag, or hot track no matter how far the “track” is she will run it to a tree and will Mosey around the tree for a few minute and then she will come back to me or she will run the track numerous times always finishing at the same spot but never ending treed. 2nd isue is she doesn’t like to leave me 75% of the time and I’ve spent many a nights sitting on a log and just waiting on her to leave on her own but she will just keep coming back and checking on me after running out 25-30 yards. Any suggestions?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 06-04-2024 09:50 PM
tyler.owens2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tyler.owens2 Click here to Send tyler.owens2 a Private Message Click Here to Email tyler.owens2 Find more posts by tyler.owens2 Add tyler.owens2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
OLD TIMER
UKC Forum Member

One thing you CAN NOT train—

is drive, what too or some call heart.

I would cut your losses.

Old Post 06-04-2024 10:22 PM
OLD TIMER is offline Click Here to See the Profile for OLD TIMER Click Here to Email OLD TIMER Find more posts by OLD TIMER Add OLD TIMER to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tyler.owens2
New UKC Forum Member

Also she hasn’t had her first cycle and still has a lot of puppy in her if you know what I mean. Should I give her more time or find something else. Also I don’t have anyone around that i know would be willing to cut loose with a pup trainer or I would.

Old Post 06-04-2024 10:30 PM
tyler.owens2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tyler.owens2 Click here to Send tyler.owens2 a Private Message Click Here to Email tyler.owens2 Find more posts by tyler.owens2 Add tyler.owens2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dennis McCoy
UKC Forum Member

I’ve been in this situation many times and was hopeful the light would come on. It didn’t work out for me. I would be moving on to my next project.

Old Post 06-05-2024 04:41 AM
Dennis McCoy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis McCoy Click here to Send Dennis McCoy a Private Message Click Here to Email Dennis McCoy Find more posts by Dennis McCoy Add Dennis McCoy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
buff1978
UKC Forum Member

Pm

You have a private message.

Old Post 06-05-2024 05:16 AM
buff1978 is online now Click Here to See the Profile for buff1978 Click here to Send buff1978 a Private Message Find more posts by buff1978 Add buff1978 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote