UKC Forums
Show all 11 posts from this thread on one page

UKC Forums (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/index.php)
- UKC Coonhounds (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=4)
-- Bark Collar (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/showthread.php?threadid=928515475)

Posted by Kyle Sumpter on 02-12-2019 08:57 PM:

Bark Collar

What are you guys using for bark collars now? I have had a couple of dogtra 500 collars and they held up pretty good and lasted a long time but didn't like the break between shocks. I also had a tri tronics bark limiter that i liked but didnt last near as long and the dogtra collars. Checking to see what you guys like before I order a new one. Have heard a few bad things about the dogtra 600. Lets hear it. I have a new dog that needs one right now.

Posted by DwayneWhite on 02-12-2019 09:01 PM:

Sportdog SBC-R is my favorite one right now and the Bark limiter 2 because of the plastic contact points. The BArk limiter 2 doesn't work as well for real hard barkers though.

Posted by Robert Johnson on 02-13-2019 12:26 PM:

For the money, its the Garmin rechargeable one for me. I have a Dogtra, but its big and bulky. the Garmins will stop the barking. Some dogs take longer to learn. Oh yeah, throw away the instruction sheet, and turn it wide open, place on dog and walk away. Makes them learn to be quiet much sooner and you sleep better. Experience in this statement.

Johnson Creek Kennels
home of:
UKC Grand Nite Champion "PR" Yadkin River Addkis. Deceased 12/11/2016 RIP

2009/2010/2011/2012 AKC GA. State Leader and Supreme Grand Nite Champion Yadkin River Addkis

2010 ACHA Georgia State Champion Grand Nite Champion Yadkin River Addkis

PKC Champion Yadkin River Addkis

Bright Eye Lights

Treeing Walkers

912-663-5287 cell (perfered)

Posted by J.Rogers98 on 02-13-2019 01:08 PM:

Dogtra

I have 3 of the 600s and they are the best in my opinion. 2 of the 3 have been partially chewed on/eaten by the dogs and they still work great. Ive used sportdog and garmin neither compare in my opinion when it comes to how they hold up and how they stop a dog from barking.

Posted by Toad Hill on 02-13-2019 05:08 PM:

Garmin PT10

If it doesnt do the trick then you got more problems than finding a collar

Posted by DwayneWhite on 02-13-2019 07:12 PM:

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/... MsPg6wpzfyLxjg

Posted by Mike Matthews on 02-13-2019 07:59 PM:

Garmin

I just got the bark limiter 2 and hate it. Have to pull an app up on your phone to make any adjustements and pretty much disassble to turn it off and on. Definitly will buy something else next time. Expected more out of garmin. It does work well but i want one I can just turn off and on and up and down without a bunch of nonsense.

NT CH BAD FORK KINK
GR NT CH BAD FORK GUS (RIP)
NT CH CLINES HOLLYWOOD RUBY
NT CH FOURCHE MALINE RED BUDDY

Posted by black_tan86 on 02-15-2019 02:21 AM:

Bark collar

Has anyone had any negative affects from running a bark collar when it comes time to hunting.

Posted by Robert Johnson on 02-15-2019 12:52 PM:

None at all. I have one that will bark himself to death in the dog box, which I absolutely will not tolerate. Decided to keep the bark collar on him until we get to the drop site and now its a pleasure riding down the road. He knows to be quite or bad things happen when in the box. Really, its not so much the box as the fact he knows the collar is on him. No effect at all on his hunting. Never has been any good. lol

Johnson Creek Kennels
home of:
UKC Grand Nite Champion "PR" Yadkin River Addkis. Deceased 12/11/2016 RIP

2009/2010/2011/2012 AKC GA. State Leader and Supreme Grand Nite Champion Yadkin River Addkis

2010 ACHA Georgia State Champion Grand Nite Champion Yadkin River Addkis

PKC Champion Yadkin River Addkis

Bright Eye Lights

Treeing Walkers

912-663-5287 cell (perfered)

Posted by pamjohnson on 02-15-2019 01:53 PM:

I agree with Mike Matthews. Very disappointed. I can't even figure the darn thing out.

Posted by River Birch Run on 02-16-2019 02:17 PM:

Garmin collars are junk. The new one false shocks all day, dog can eat or get a drink of water with it on. And it's a pain to turn on. I've been using bark collars for over 20 yrs so yes I know the proper way to put one on before all the pro garmin people put there 2 cents in. They need to go back to the old tri tron collar before they put the sleep mode in. those were the best one's ever made.