UKC Forums Pages (2): « 1 [2]
Show all 36 posts from this thread on one page

UKC Forums (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/index.php)
- UKC Coonhounds (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=4)
-- How many "good" dogs have you had? (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/showthread.php?threadid=928517624)

Posted by JiM on 04-18-2019 11:10 AM:

quote:
Originally posted by Hoosier Man1
From reading this post I wonder why you fellas even hunt lol

Lol......me too.

AKC/UKC GrNtCh Sizemore's Timber Jam Jessi 12/21/04 to 1/21/2011 R.I.P.

Posted by yadkintar on 04-18-2019 12:13 PM:

If we even hunt !

quote:
Originally posted by JiM
Lol......me too.

I am offended !

Tar

Posted by Richard Lambert on 04-18-2019 01:31 PM:

I have had 5 and I have been hunting for 30 years so that is 1 every 6 years.

Posted by CHEWBACH on 04-18-2019 02:08 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by Hoosier Man1
From reading this post I wonder why you fellas even hunt lol
I have asked myself that many a night.. then I get home and look at my WIFE and thank I will never quit hunting!!

Posted by pamjohnson on 04-18-2019 02:39 PM:

When ya see how impressive it can be done night in and night out you'll understand.

Posted by pigsit on 04-19-2019 04:41 AM:

I was hoping I hadn't owned him yet.

Dual GRNTCH Wendy
GRNTCH Cola
GrNtCH Honky Tonk Rock and Roll
Dual GRCH Bumper
Dual CH June
Dual CH Jill

Posted by Bruce m. Conkey on 04-19-2019 12:56 PM:

Ole Hoss. If the dog in your mind is better than what your hunting and ever ends up on your leash. I know I never want one of my dogs to draw him in a hunt. Many others would feel the same way. LOL

But looking for improvement is what is it all about and I wish you the best. If X just knew how you talked about him. LOL

Posted by dbpro56 on 04-19-2019 02:49 PM:

I've had 5 that I wouldn't have been embarrassed to hunt with anything out there! I might have gotten embarrassed, but I also, very well could have done the embarrassing. Each one was a little different than the other. But I sure loved hunting them.

Bruce Profitt

Posted by Andy Bedgood on 04-20-2019 10:10 AM:

Over 45 years of hunting, only owned two that were special and had the honor to handle three others for different people. Those that have that little extra special about them are very rare indeed.

Posted by 2ol2hunt on 04-20-2019 08:44 PM:

Had the honor and pleasure of hunting a lot with WLD.CH. DOHONEYS MIKE AND WLD.CH WICKS FLIRT , they were very different in getting it done but they both could could get it done right night after night!

Posted by ole hoss on 04-21-2019 07:26 AM:

Re: .

quote:
Originally posted by Bruce m. Conkey
Ole Hoss. If the dog in your mind is better than what your hunting and ever ends up on your leash. I know I never want one of my dogs to draw him in a hunt. Many others would feel the same way. LOL

But looking for improvement is what is it all about and I wish you the best. If X just knew how you talked about him. LOL

He should know by now I remind him a lot lol he’s what I call a decent hound but if you ask me what I’d change about him I could think of a couple things and that’s the dog I have in mind. Xs gear and brains and accuracy put into a dog that opens a lil more and drifts. X is pretty tight in today’s company. His speed, accuracy and his locating ability is what has won us what we have. Really blessed to have him but I’ve always been the type that wants just a lil better. Lol Happy Easter to you and your family Bruce