UKC Forums Pages (2): [1] 2 »
Show all 29 posts from this thread on one page

UKC Forums (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/index.php)
- UKC Coonhounds (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=4)
-- interfering with the tree (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/showthread.php?threadid=928518259)

Posted by shawnstovall on 05-06-2019 06:58 PM:

interfering with the tree

we all know that a dog can get scratched for fighting at the tree(interfering). Now this question was brought up this weekend and I see the valid point here. What about the dog that runs the tree and falls on the dog next to him and that dog leaves the tree or backs up from the tree. Know that is interfering with the tree. Should that dog be scratched for that. Let's hear you take on this.

918-961-2434
Home to:
Pr S&J's Shack's Backwoods Patches (walker)
'PR' Stovall's Black Knight Wild Willy
Past Home to:
dual grand stovall's black knight george (gone but not forgotten)
pr D&S' black little luke (1st and 3rd place wins) (davis black luke x paynes black june) gone but not forgotten
Dual Grand Davis' black hutch (gone but not forgotten)

Posted by Bill(Chew) on 05-06-2019 08:53 PM:

No. I don't like it but it is not a scratchable offence.

Posted by CHEWBACH on 05-06-2019 09:10 PM:

if dog cant take being fallen on! to bad he better not grab the dog that's fallen on him! move around the tree or sit back! no rule to apply there. for a dog running a tree! some will try tho.

Posted by Dogwhisper on 05-06-2019 09:16 PM:

What about the dog that "looks" at my a dog ..while at the tree...and my dogs leaves? Lol
I want the looker scratched....lmAoff !

Posted by Pat Bizich on 05-06-2019 10:11 PM:

this has been covered and is in the brown/grey rules interpretation Advisor books.

Gone but never forgotten:
NtChGrCh Dryfork Punkin
NtChGrCh Dryfork Little Blue Baby Doll
2009 Pa Show Dog Of The Year
GrCh Dryfork Little Black Book
Gr.Ch. Make My Day Sunny
Gone too soon RIP my baby girl
Gr.Ch. Black Dog Black Cherry
GrCh Dryfork Black Dog Raine
One of kind and would make a believer out of you when you thought there were no coon left
Home of:
2009,2013,2018 Pa. State
Show Handler Of The Year
CH. Power Pack Pepper
2018 Pa. Show Dog Of Year
Gr.Ch. Batman's Poison Ivy
2011&2013 WTDA Pa State Champion
2011&2013 Overall Hunt For The Cure
Ch. Jay's Greenridge Heidi
In memory of my best friend "Jay"

Posted by gpent24 on 05-06-2019 10:24 PM:

if a dog leaves a tree for a dog falling over on it or bumping into it while not showing any aggression then the dog who leaves would be minused. If a dog leaves with a little bumping and grinding under the tree then they didn't really wanna be there to begin with.

Posted by ole hoss on 05-06-2019 10:59 PM:

I think the dog that backed should be scratched EVERY TIME

Posted by pamjohnson on 05-07-2019 12:12 AM:

quote:
Originally posted by ole hoss
I think the dog that backed should be scratched EVERY TIME
Jason your ruined! Have you ever thought maybe just maybe there is a better way but your to obsessed with being alone.

Posted by Redneck Mafia on 05-07-2019 12:28 AM:

quote:
Originally posted by gpent24
if a dog leaves a tree for a dog falling over on it or bumping into it while not showing any aggression then the dog who leaves would be minused. If a dog leaves with a little bumping and grinding under the tree then they didn't really wanna be there to begin with.

Shawn knows the rule. We all were just discussing at a hunt over the weekend the interference caused by dogs who run the tree. A dog that is a bad to do it causes more interference than any other situation at a tree imo.

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER PRO SPORT TRUCK WINNER

RIP
*GRNITECH PKC SCH REDNECK MAFIA PKC HALL OF FAME REPRODUCER INDUCTED 2022
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Posted by Charles Pullen on 05-07-2019 02:16 AM:

Shawn you got to remember there’s 2 parts to that . Interference & “ aggressive behavior “ . So no you don’t have aggressive behavior here . No I don’t like a tree runner either but in this case a dog is supposed to adjust to it , lol .

Posted by Blaze P. on 05-07-2019 03:26 AM:

Is not a scratchable offense. Rules are rules. If opinions scratched dogs I would never have to hunt with a piggy backer, chop mouth track dog, harry,trackman,or insane bred dog, facebarker , or babbling idiot.lol

Posted by Adams, Harold on 05-07-2019 08:26 AM:

Sounds like the Derby conversation swayed to coondogs.....lol

Posted by gpent24 on 05-07-2019 02:24 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by Redneck Mafia
Shawn knows the rule. We all were just discussing at a hunt over the weekend the interference caused by dogs who run the tree. A dog that is a bad to do it causes more interference than any other situation at a tree imo.

Yea but if it's not aggressive behavior then it's not a scratching offense. I have both sides of this sitting on my chain at the house. I have one that will cirlcle a tree bad and jumps some at the tree but has never ever shown any aggression to anything(prob been in 15 cast) never has even gotten a warning. I also have another male that if i hunt with him that if my dog who jumps starts moving around too much at the tree he will back off and just sit down and tree. As a hunter i have a much bigger problem with one that will leave a tree because of a dog strictly running a tree(not being aggressive to other dogs) than the dog who runs a tree a little bit.

Posted by Toad Hill on 05-07-2019 02:28 PM:

If your dog LEAVES a tree just because another one is jacking it you prob got more things to focus on with your dog than trying to scratch the tree jacker

Posted by TylerOSU on 05-07-2019 02:41 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by Toad Hill
If your dog LEAVES a tree just because another one is jacking it you prob got more things to focus on with your dog than trying to scratch the tree jacker

But if he doesn't leave and tells the other dog to stop jumping on his head he's aggressive... SMH

Team Mafia
2022 UKC World Champion
2019-2022 UKC World Qualifier
2019 Ok Prohunt Semi-finalist
2019 Spring SS Top 20
20,21, and 23 OK State PKC Champion
2020 Spring SS Top 7
2019-2023 PKC National Qualifier
2020-2023 TOC Qualifier
2020 UKC Top 100
2022 UKC Top 100
2023 JOY Super Hunt Champion
2022 UKC WORLDCH PKC PCH CH GRNTCH3 "Get Gone Jenna"
DOB- 9/30/2017

Posted by Toad Hill on 05-07-2019 02:53 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by TylerOSU
But if he doesn't leave and tells the other dog to stop jumping on his head he's aggressive... SMH

I dont even recall that being part of his question..........SMH

Posted by TylerOSU on 05-07-2019 03:25 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by Toad Hill
I dont even recall that being part of his question..........SMH

That wasn't directed towards anyone. Shawn is the master of hounds at my local club. Had an interesting weekend that's all...