UKC Forums Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »
Show all 56 posts from this thread on one page

UKC Forums (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/index.php)
- Off Topic (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=53)
-- Second Amendment (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/showthread.php?threadid=928532934)

Posted by Richard Lambert on 09-20-2020 03:45 PM:

Second Amendment

If President Trump gets to appoint another Supreme Court Judge then our right to bear arms should be safe for at least another 20 years. This election just got even more important.

Posted by Reuben on 09-20-2020 09:15 PM:

I hope your right...🧐

Posted by Bob Hennessey on 09-20-2020 10:18 PM:

Lisa Murkowski, Susan Collins oppose vote on Ruth Bader Ginsburg replacement before election. There are 53 R 45 D 2 I. 2 I vote with Dem.
R could lose only 1 more vote. 51- 49 vote if 1 more go to left would be 50- 50 tie. VP Pence would brake tie. Their maybe be a few more never Trumpers that could stop the nomination. All this would be null and void if Trump wins the election.

You can't fix STUPID!

Posted by sleepy head on 09-20-2020 11:16 PM:

This should give the demwits another good reason to loot, burn and cause general chaos to their cities.

Posted by honalieh on 09-22-2020 04:01 AM:

Re: Second Amendment

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lambert
If President Trump gets to appoint another Supreme Court Judge then our right to bear arms should be safe for at least another 20 years. This election just got even more important.

I don't have any guns. Clinton and O'Bama took them all away. Oh, wait. That's not true!!! Maybe this whole idea of the democrats taking away your guns is just ONE BIG LIE. Or, in Trumps words, IT'S ALL A HOAX!!!

If it will make Trump fans happier---it's PUTIN APPROVED!!!

Posted by sleepy head on 09-22-2020 10:35 AM:

Re: Re: Second Amendment

quote:
Originally posted by honalieh
I don't have any guns. Clinton and O'Bama took them all away. Oh, wait. That's not true!!! Maybe this whole idea of the democrats taking away your guns is just ONE BIG LIE. Or, in Trumps words, IT'S ALL A HOAX!!!

You should read for yourself on the democrat platform or just listen to them. According Hiden all you need is a shotgun and of course it will have to be locked up, unloaded and reg with the gov.

Posted by benderb4 on 09-22-2020 12:43 PM:

quote:

Another denier..
RATS are typically anti-gun
So whats your point
Congress and strong gun lobby saved gun rights

During his term, President Clinton used the power of executive orders to implement gun control policies.
The Brady Bill became personal for President Clinton
Democrats had not used gun control in the past as an election issue. Clinton reversed the tide by using gun control as an issue
permanently banned the importation of more than 50 types of semiautomatic weapons

Obama called for gun control measures but was unable to pass any major bill.no major gun control bill passed Congress during Obama's presidency, in part due to the power of activists such as the National Rifle Association.
signed executive orders and several other measures that were unpopular in Congress, including a ban on assault weapons and high-capacity magazines.

TRUTH IS TREASON IN AN EMPIRE OF LIES...G. Orwell
DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING THE GOVERNMENT TELLS YOU...G. Carlin
ONLY THOSE WHO HAVE SOMETHING TO HIDE WORK RELENTLESSLY TO CENSOR THOSE WHO SPEAK THE TRUTH...Ron DeSantis

Posted by Reuben on 09-23-2020 01:44 AM:

K. Harris and Biden has said they would ban and or regulate our gun rights...they are now keeping their mouths shut because they are realizing that admitting their hidden agenda could work against them...

Posted by Reuben on 09-23-2020 02:01 AM:

During the democrats presidential debate Beto Orourke was losing in the polls...so he took a gamble when asked about gun control thinking it might help him...he said hell yes we’re coming for your guns and that was the wrong thing to say...the gamble finished sinking his ship and I say good riddance...

Posted by Redneck Mafia on 09-23-2020 04:34 AM:

quote:

Not a hoax at all they have plenty right out in the open listed in black and white. Go read from his own website for yourself.
Buy back programs
Elimination of certain semi automatic firearms
Mandatory "safe storage"
Limits on purchasing
Universal background checks
The BIG ONE!!!....The ability to sue gun manufacturers when harm comes from idiots that commit crimes with their firearms.

The list goes on and on and on. Put on a pot of coffee or get a case of your favorite beverage because you may be there awhile before you sort through all the BS they want to put in place to make you "safer" and put manufacturers out of business.

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER

RIP
*GRNITECH PKC SCH REDNECK MAFIA PKC HALL OF FAME REPRODUCER INDUCTED 2022
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Posted by Redneck Mafia on 09-23-2020 04:40 AM:

Here's a short wish list I had posted on the Joe thread for his fans who have choose to not do their own research on their chosen candidate. The link to his offical website with agenda they are brave enough to put in print for all to read is listed at the bottom of this post.

Joe Biden's Gun Control

How many of you have read it? They leave very few stones unturned other than coming out and directly saying we want you disarmed and unable to purchase ammunition._
The usual taking points of the left_
* Buy back programs_
*Univeral background checks
*Reinstalling O's Social Security act... if someone else has to manage your money you loose your 2nd Ammendment right.
*Ability to sue gun manufacturers if someone uses their product for a crime._
*Mandatory "safe storage"._
*Ban online sales of firearms and ammunition._
*Increased funding for agencies that enforce "compliance".
This list goes on and on and on.... bottom line if you value your right to keep and bear arms you better think before you cast your vote!!!
Here is a link for those who may want to read for themselves (click the X to get rid of the campaign donation ad to read).

https://joebiden.com/gunsafety/#

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE

RIP
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Posted by Redneck Mafia on 09-23-2020 05:40 AM:

Quote from Biden website.

End the online sale of firearms and ammunitions. Biden will enact legislation to prohibit all online sales of firearms, ammunition, kits, and gun parts

"TEAM MAFIA"

RIP

Posted by Redneck Mafia on 09-23-2020 05:51 AM:

Quote from Biden website

Quote copy and pasted from Biden's website...

"Biden believes the Green New Deal is a crucial framework for meeting the climate challenges we face. It powerfully captures two basic truths, which are at the core of his plan: (1) the United States urgently needs to embrace greater ambition on an epic scale to meet the scope of this challenge, and (2) our environment and our economy are completely and totally connected."

------------------------------------
*For those of you who thought AOC and the New Green Deal were crazy ideas by the far left think again it is mainstream and embraced by Joe Biden.

"TEAM MAFIA"

RIP

Posted by sleepy head on 09-23-2020 10:16 AM:

quote:

I got to be honest, this has got to be one of the most thought less post on here in awhile. It takes very little brains to know where the demwitts stand on the right to keep and bear arms. And if a guy doesn't have brains to figure that out I'm not sure what else he would actually be able to comprehend.

Posted by Reuben on 09-23-2020 11:41 AM:

quote:
Originally posted by Redneck Mafia
Here's a short wish list I had posted on the Joe thread for his fans who have choose to not do their own research on their chosen candidate. The link to his offical website with agenda they are brave enough to put in print for all to read is listed at the bottom of this post.

Joe Biden's Gun Control

How many of you have read it? They leave very few stones unturned other than coming out and directly saying we want you disarmed and unable to purchase ammunition._
The usual taking points of the left_
* Buy back programs_
*Univeral background checks
*Reinstalling O's Social Security act... if someone else has to manage your money you loose your 2nd Ammendment right.
*Ability to sue gun manufacturers if someone uses their product for a crime._
*Mandatory "safe storage"._
*Ban online sales of firearms and ammunition._
*Increased funding for agencies that enforce "compliance".
This list goes on and on and on.... bottom line if you value your right to keep and bear arms you better think before you cast your vote!!!
Here is a link for those who may want to read for themselves (click the X to get rid of the campaign donation ad to read).

https://joebiden.com/gunsafety/#

Ability to sue gun manufacturers if someone uses their product for a crime._

Ability to sue manufacturer...this will put Gun manufacturers Out of business...

Every thing listed is enough to eliminate guns without firing a shot...

Posted by Redneck Mafia on 09-23-2020 07:06 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by Reuben

Ability to sue manufacturer...this will put Gun manufacturers Out of business...

Exactly! It is a sad fact that even on a forum with hunters that some even when these things come from the campaigns own website don't believe that yes they are coming directly for your 2nd ammendment rights.

"TEAM MAFIA"

RIP

Posted by honalieh on 09-25-2020 05:19 AM:

I will speak up on this one.

quote:
Originally posted by Reuben

Suing a gun manufacturer if someone uses their product for a crime.

That should not be allowed at all!!! The gun manufacturer did not commit the crime. To me, that's the same as trying to sue an automobile manufacturer due to a crash caused by the driver. It's not legit.

If the damage is done due to a defective product, that's an entirely different issue. Manufacturers should be liable for defective products, but not for misuse of their products!!!

Posted by Redneck Mafia on 09-25-2020 07:47 AM:

Re: I will speak up on this one.

quote:
Suing a gun manufacturer if someone uses their product for a crime.

That should not be allowed at all!!! The gun manufacturer did not commit the crime. To me, that's the same as trying to sue an automobile manufacturer due to a crash caused by the driver. It's not legit.

If the damage is done due to a defective product, that's an entirely different issue. Manufacturers should be liable for defective products, but not for misuse of their products!!!

Well no it is not right but that is the legislation they are going to push on anything he can't do with the stroke of a pen. I seriously urge you to go to the link for Biden's website that I posted above, it is all there in black and white. There is plenty more there to read than just this one wild hair idea. He is also pushing for $'s to states to require licenses to purchase guns, think California where they are issued on need based not just because you want one and can legally own a firearm. Mandatory safe storage. Monies for agencies for "enforcments". He is also calling for no internet sales of anything to do with firearms, ammunition, parts, supplies ect. Reenactment of Obama's Social Security gun act, if someone else has to take care of your affairs you cannot own a gun. Think of the disabled and seniors who will again no longer have the ability to protect themselves though they still have the facilities to. I know many seniors who have someone else manage finances ect but are completely lucid. Several confiscation ideas are included that do not allow for due process just a mere he said, she said. In theory they may sound fine and dandy but the ease with which these can be abused outweigh the protection of those who may be a danger. Banning sales of certain firearms, mandatory registration of existing, buy back programs ect this goes on for pages. Mind you these will be federal law not just existing in some state or city many of which are in the courts right now. The supreme court battle they are throwing a fit over has little to do with obama care as HRC is stating or abortion (Margaret Sanger's brain child of Planned parenthood for population control of blacks and eugenics even Hitler idolized) as all the celebrities are up in arms about it is much more to do with what interpretation of shall not be infringed. Also, your 1st amendment is on the line. Think big tech and deletion of post that do not fit the narrative approved, algorithms for all. It is all for your protection my dear lol!
What makes an assault rifle Biden wants banned different than any other semiautomatic firearm? Nothing other than how it looks. If their sale is banned or regulated out of existence what stops them from coming after a regular stock? Nothing the precedent is set and the working logistics are the same. Why was the 2nd amendment included in our constitution? Clue it wasn't just so we could hunt and self protection, it was to prevent government tyranny.
Many major cities have the most stringent laws on the books yet astronomical crime rates in their inner cities compared to most everywhere else. Most have been ran by Democrats for decades with state monies and federal monies thrown at them in buckets yet none is spent to actually help the people. (By design, the new plantation kept in poverty for promised made but never kept. Handouts given not a hand ups. Not just in these cities.)
I know you really do not like Trump but he may be a lot of things but a threat to you constitutional rights he is not. Right now he is the right choice whether you like him or not. Very unfortunately the democratic party that once existed has been hijacked by leftist nuts. Why do so many on both sides that held power for so long battle relentlessly against Trump? He is upsetting their well polished apple cart pushed down both aisles. An outsider was unthinkable in their back scratching circles!
A free populace is difficult to "control". They say all is for the greater good but when you look beyond all the smoke and mirrors you see something quite different. Think of past slavery and compare the modern day plantation. Division is sewed to keep us divided, divided we fall but united we stand.

"TEAM MAFIA"

RIP

Posted by Reuben on 09-25-2020 11:57 AM:

Excellent post...

And like you said...Trump is the best we have right now...I vote to protect our “FREEDOM” and the second amendment which is key to our freedom...

Posted by Bob Hennessey on 09-25-2020 06:24 PM:

Fact check: Democrat's bill would increase taxes on firearms and ammunition
Molly Stellino
USA TODAY
The claim: H.R. 5717 would implement a 30% tax on all gun sales and 50% tax on all ammunition sales
Rep. Hank Johnson, D-Ga., introduced in January H.R. 5717, a bill that would strengthen measures to prevent gun violence. It has evoked mixed reactions from the public and moved to the forefront of conversation surrounding legislation not related to the coronavirus pandemic.

A Facebook user made a post in late April calling the bill, known as the Gun Violence Prevention and Community Safety Act of 2020, “tyranny.” The user said the bill “will add 30% tax on all guns and 50% tax on all ammo.”

What H.R. 5717 would change if passed
The bill’s intent is “to end the epidemic of gun violence and build safer communities by strengthening federal firearms laws and supporting gun violence research, intervention, and prevention initiatives,” as stated in its introduction.

If passed it would, among other measures, require individuals to obtain a license to possess firearms, raise the minimum age for purchasing firearms and require law enforcement be notified when an individual does not pass a background check.

Sen. Elizabeth Warren, D-Mass., introduced in February a companion bill, S. 3254. Both proposals aim to restrict a class of firearms banned from 1994 to 2004 under a federal law that expired. Companion bills are meant to “promote simultaneous consideration of a measure,” according to the Senate.

A House bill would make pistols taxable at 30%.
Section 803 of Johnson’s H.R. 5717 details the changes that would be made to taxes on firearms and other related items.

It would make pistols, revolvers and other firearms taxable at 30%. Shells and cartridges would be taxable at 50%.

In the U.S. Code, a firearm is defined as “any weapon (including a starter gun) which will ... expel a projectile by the action of an explosive,” “the frame or receiver of any such weapon,” “any firearm muffler or firearm silencer” or “any destructive device.” Destructive devices are bombs, grenades, rockets, missiles, mines or similar instruments.

Ammunition consists of multiple subcomponents: bullets, cartridge cases, powders and primers designed to be used in a firearm, according to federal law.

Andy Phelan, communication director for Johnson, said the legislation would increase taxes on all ammunition, which is commonly referred to as "shells and cartridges" in policy.

Get the Checking the Facts newsletter in your inbox.
Fact or fiction? Find out the truth about news stories you see online.

Delivery: Mon - Fri
Your Email
Firearms and ammunition are taxed at about 10%. The taxes, collected through various avenues, are used for different purposes such as wildlife preservation and hunter safety and education.

Our ruling: True
Under H.R. 5717, firearms would be taxable at 30%, and ammunition would be taxable at 50%. A portion of these taxes would be used toward gun violence prevention research. We rate this claim as TRUE because it is supported by our research.

You can't fix STUPID!

Posted by Reuben on 09-26-2020 11:28 PM:

See note below...i hope she gets the job...

President Donald Trump announced on Saturday that he will nominate Judge Amy Coney Barrett to fill the vacancy left by the death of Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg on the Supreme Court.

“She is a woman of unparalleled achievement, towering intellect, sterling credentials, and unyielding loyalty to the Constitution,” Trump said at an event hosted at the White House Rose Garden.

Posted by Bob Hennessey on 09-26-2020 11:37 PM:

During a September 2019 “townhall” hosted by New Hampshire ABC affiliate WMUR, Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden made clear that he does not believe the Second Amendment protects an individual right to keep and bear arms and that the U.S. Supreme Court decision in District of Columbia v. Heller was incorrect.
During the event, Biden was asked, “Do you agree with the D.C. v. Heller decision in regards to protecting the individual right to bear arms that are in common use and which are utilized for lawful purposes?”
Biden responded in part, “If I were on the court I wouldn’t have made the same ruling. OK, that’s number one.”
And I taught for years Constitutional law and separation of powers, I taught the Second Amendment. And the Second Amendment is not absolute. And we can argue, the fundamental argument is well regulated militia and all those things, I won’t get into that. I think that the fundamental argument is the reason that was given as a right because we needed to be able to muster people to deal with an enemy called Great Britain we were fighting in a war.
Aside from his denunciation of Heller and denial that the Second Amendment protects an individual right to keep and bear arms, Biden also displayed a fundamental misunderstanding of the Bill of Rights. The Second Amendment was not “given as a right” by the U.S. Constitution. Rather, as the U.S. Supreme Court made clear in Heller, the Second Amendment protects a right that pre-existed the U.S. Constitution and Bill of Rights.
Biden’s position on Heller and the Second Amendment is in line with that of his running mate Sen. Kamala Harris (D-Calif.).

You can't fix STUPID!

Posted by Bob Hennessey on 10-06-2020 05:14 PM:

Kamala Harris said on MSNBC that a government under her leadership may confiscate as many as 10 million guns.
Anyone on here think any of them will come from criminals?

You can't fix STUPID!

Posted by sleepy head on 10-06-2020 10:15 PM:

I figured or was at least hoping Virginia would be in play for Trump after the Dem attack on the 2nd amendment there, but I've been told Trump has pulled out of Virginia. Sad

Posted by Richard Lambert on 10-06-2020 10:32 PM:

90% of the population of Va lives on 10% of the area. That area borders Washington, DC and they are government employees. Trump has as much of a chance in Va as he does in New York City.