UKC Forums Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Show all 127 posts from this thread on one page

UKC Forums (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/index.php)
- UKC Coonhounds (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=4)
-- One Minute Rule (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/showthread.php?threadid=928510600)

Posted by Richard Lambert on 10-15-2018 12:57 AM:

One Minute Rule

Since the one minute rule doesn't seem to be working according to a lot of people, do y'all think that it would help to change it to:

A. You don't have to strike your dog for the first 5 minutes of each turnout.

B, Dogs must be struck on or before their 10th bark.

Posted by thomasg on 10-15-2018 01:12 AM:

Re: One Minute Rule

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lambert
Since the one minute rule doesn't seem to be working according to a lot of people, do y'all think that it would help to change it to:

c. dog must be struck on 3rd bark with no grace period .

Posted by Richard Lambert on 10-15-2018 01:16 AM:

Neither of these rule changes would make the dogs be more honest about opening but they would allow the handlers to be more honest about striking them. The one minute rule was added to try to accomplish this but apparently it isn't working so maybe if it was changed to 5 minutes that would help. Or maybe it wouldn't?

Posted by shadinc on 10-15-2018 01:21 AM:

I think you would have a better chance of getting rid of babblers if you changed it to a 0 minute rule.

Posted by Rip on 10-15-2018 01:21 AM:

We didn't have this epidemic until they got the minute grace period. It used to be only on the first turn out then on the third bark regardless after that. Seemed to work much, much, much better than giving them a minute to get in there far enough to create doubt that they are babbling.

Posted by JiM on 10-15-2018 01:33 AM:

quote:

AKC/UKC GrNtCh Sizemore's Timber Jam Jessi 12/21/04 to 1/21/2011 R.I.P.

Posted by JiM on 10-15-2018 01:34 AM:

quote:

B. Could require being able to count to 10.

AKC/UKC GrNtCh Sizemore's Timber Jam Jessi 12/21/04 to 1/21/2011 R.I.P.

Posted by nitehunter2004 on 10-15-2018 02:18 AM:

quote:

The one minute rule AKA the babbling rule only works if you have a strong judge, that was debated on her for over a year But Wait a minute we had a Strong judge at this years world finales an He minus a dog for babbling, You and a few others did everything you could to prove him wrong and dragged his name tru the mud only because of who the dog and handler was! And I promise he will Never volunteer to judge again

Posted by Richard Lambert on 10-15-2018 03:06 AM:

Re: Re: One Minute Rule

quote:
Originally posted by nitehunter2004
..... You and a few others did everything you could to prove him wrong and dragged his name tru the mud only because of who the dog and handler was!.....

Oh my goodness, you must have me confused with someone else. I did no such of a thing. Sounds like some more interweb misinformation.

Posted by shane_atchison on 10-15-2018 03:29 AM:

Should be called the argument rule. Ive seen some dandys cause of it. When the countdown gets voted in will take away some of the babblers point advantage..

Posted by Triple K Kennel on 10-15-2018 03:32 AM:

1 minute Rule.....

Thats an easy fix........
First Bark you strike your dog or get minused.
Tim

Quality, Dependable Coon Lights--Built by a Coonhunter for Coonhunters
==================================
** Superior Lights

** Sunspot Hunting Lights

** Zepp's--Quality Products

** Boss Lights

**Brighteyes Lights

** They Twist it until they start believing it themselves**

Purina Dog Food
** Proven Results **

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Competition Coonhunters and Politicians
** Win anyway you have to & tell everyone what they want to hear **

Posted by nitehunter2004 on 10-15-2018 04:13 AM:

Re: Re: Re: One Minute Rule

quote:
Oh my goodness, you must have me confused with someone else. I did no such of a thing. Sounds like some more interweb misinformation.

I got it rite! Misinformation is correct, iv got a list of double talk, double standards depending on who, dog, handler or rule that was being discussed at the time.

Posted by Ricochet17 on 10-15-2018 04:21 AM:

Or C. Unsnap the dogs 350 yards from the timber.

Posted by Mark V. on 10-15-2018 11:14 AM:

No grace period rule was so mis used it makes me sick thinking the judge new someones dog better than they did after 3 barks

Posted by Clif Owen on 10-15-2018 12:20 PM:

Re: 1 minute Rule.....

quote:
Originally posted by Triple K Kennel
Thats an easy fix........
First Bark you strike your dog or get minused.
Tim

That won't work either. Very likely a dog will bark once and it not sound exactly "right" to the point the handlers are not sure what dog it is and then it would be required to minus it. Lots of reasons for the dog to not be heard clearly including the cast walking or dog over a hill or something. Brings up chances for arguments.

Posted by Kler Kry on 10-15-2018 12:53 PM:

One minute rule

The one minute rule prohibits crooked judges from giving minus points to the best strike dog in the cast. I see the $KC culture of winning by giving minus points to the best dog in the cast has spread into the UKC hunts.

Posted by Chuck Allen on 10-15-2018 12:55 PM:

25 STRIKE FOR ALL WOULD SOLVE THE PROBLEM.

When the law of the land becomes unjust outlaws will rise to take their place in history.

Posted by T Felderman on 10-15-2018 02:19 PM:

simple fix

If cant determine babble, any dog barking within 10 seconds left on the minute goes in for 50!

Posted by joey on 10-15-2018 02:39 PM:

quote:

Your assuming these guys are being forced to strike a dog on a babble. Trust me, the rules are not the problem.

http://www.sunspotlights.com/
When brightness matters!!

Home Of:
PKC Ch, Grch Grnch 2008 Tx state champion They call me Crazy Betty

PKC SCh CH Grnch They call me Howler too

Posted by shane_atchison on 10-15-2018 02:50 PM:

Re: One minute rule

quote:
Originally posted by Kler Kry
The one minute rule prohibits crooked judges from giving minus points to the best strike dog in the cast. I see the $KC culture of winning by giving minus points to the best dog in the cast has spread into the UKC hunts.
Nope, not yet. The quick covering babbler still has the advantage..

Posted by Richard Lambert on 10-15-2018 03:35 PM:

Re: Re: One Minute Rule

quote:
Originally posted by joey
Your assuming these guys are being forced to strike a dog on a babble. Trust me, the rules are not the problem.

Then why do so many want to change the rules? Any rule is going to have good points and bad. No rule is going to be perfect. And you are right the problem is not the rule but the dogs. Do we change the rule to fit the dogs or do we change by training or breeding the dogs to fit the rule?

Posted by shane_atchison on 10-15-2018 03:42 PM:

The rule was changed years ago to fit the dogs. It didnt help the dogs that dont babble, really it puts them at a disadvantage..

Posted by Richard Lambert on 10-15-2018 03:57 PM:

Why was the rule changed "years ago"?

Posted by shane_atchison on 10-15-2018 04:02 PM:

quote:
Why was the rule changed "years ago"?
Im not sure why anybody thought letting them babble off the leash on any turnout was a good idea?? They had shock collars back then also..

Posted by yadkintar on 10-15-2018 04:09 PM:

Used to be 3 minutes the first dump after that on or before the third bark. My guess is people that are serious competition hunters want that dog struck quick and on the paper for 100 !! People that are serious don't like getting minused for babbling if your rules get them minused for babbling they won't participate in your hunts. Probly why the rule was changed.

Tar