UKC Forums
Show all 12 posts from this thread on one page

UKC Forums (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/index.php)
- Plotts (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=50)
-- Question (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/showthread.php?threadid=928365864)

Posted by Brian Neuner on 03-06-2014 07:37 PM:

Question

Who out there has a male that is a big hunting, independent, loud bawl mouth, dog that is looking to get treed when u cut it loose? By big hunting I mean goes 1000 yards on a regular basis alone I dont care if he will go as deep as other dogs if he won't hunt like that by himself. By independent I mean will be treed alone 8 out of 10 trees. By loud I mean LOUD.

Im not looking for smart ass replies and I'm not looking for hearsay. If you have what I described or know where one is i and I'm sure several other people would like to know about it.

I dont care what bloodlines it is. Im interested in the traits I want in a dog.

Posted by shinerunner on 03-06-2014 07:49 PM:

Call LaDonna bout turkey.

Posted by bert52 on 03-10-2014 04:50 PM:

brian...not being smart_ _ _ but everyone is looking for one like that...i have went thru 20 or more in past 3 yrs and most died of lead poisoning. if u find one ask if he has a sister like him and i will take her.

Posted by Brian Neuner on 03-12-2014 07:12 PM:

Mike I agree alot of are looking for one like that. They are very hard to find but I'm sure there are a few out there. Until we start breeding for those traits they will continue to be extremely difficult to find. Im just looking to find some like that so myself and other who like that style of dog and breed to them in order to get those traits.

Posted by ROWDYPLOTT on 03-14-2014 08:08 PM:

Brian, give me a call when you can.

Mike Wright

Posted by bert52 on 03-18-2014 03:47 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by Brian Neuner
Mike I agree alot of are looking for one like that. They are very hard to find but I'm sure there are a few out there. Until we start breeding for those traits they will continue to be extremely difficult to find. Im just looking to find some like that so myself and other who like that style of dog and breed to them in order to get those traits.

check w/brent zinc...he has z-bar and jakeII....only two i know of that have anywhere near the traits we all look for...find a top female(well, even more impossible) and go breed to either one...that is the only way u will get one (in my opinion)

Posted by Adam O'Donnell on 03-21-2014 12:25 PM:

Z-Bar

I'd take a look at Z-Bar like Mike said. I just got this male pup out of him and a heavy Sarge bred female. She has a weak mouth but Z-bar put big mouths on these pups.

Posted by plottpower on 03-28-2014 04:35 AM:

Kevin Zimmerman has a male He's got a first place on him. I think he has only been in two hunts. Hes tough.

Posted by zimmy on 03-28-2014 09:39 PM:

He fits the ticket,on a lot of your traits you would like to have. But he's ugly.Bill Herrell told me he hasn't heard a locate like that on a Plott in 25 years.He's still a young dog too.

Call if you want
Kevin Z

Posted by brack carr on 03-29-2014 03:32 AM:

it sounds like skid is throwing that kind of pup Kevin is not the only one in that litter that is that a way, skid don't have the ball mouth but a locate a kid can call and he does not have to go 1000yds to get tree but will go 2 miles if need just ask Hoop Franklin he hunted him for 3or 4 months for me.
Kevin dog is breed as good as you would want out of the most winning lines of plotts going right nowand all of its litter mates run and tree coons and I have tried to buy them all and was told not for sell at all

Posted by huntndog on 03-29-2014 08:55 AM:

Brian - Are you going Millstadt Next Week?

If so, stop by and take a look at my Tarzan dog. He might be the type of dog you're looking for.

He is Not For Sale, but I may stud him out to good females... (I want to get a son out of him before he gets too old - he'll be 6 this year).

I'll be there Saturday for sure, maybe Friday night too.

I drive a '96 Black, Dodge truck with a diamond plate dogbox (and plenty of rust and mud).

- Dennis Smith

http://stumplakeplotts.homestead.com/PedTarzan.html

(I bought him as a pup from Scott Rosson)

Posted by Brian Neuner on 03-29-2014 06:26 PM:

Thanks for the info. I will definitely be looking at some of those dogs