UKC Forums
Show all 10 posts from this thread on one page

UKC Forums (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/index.php)
- UKC Coonhounds (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=4)
-- Leupold LTO tracker thermal (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/showthread.php?threadid=928533111)

Posted by GCH Viper on 09-27-2020 05:23 AM:

Leupold LTO tracker thermal

Does anyone have any experience coon hunting with any of the Leupold LTO tracker thermals?
I know there is probably better stuff out there.
Please do not turn this into a debate on whether they should be allowed or not.
Thanks!

Posted by Andy212 on 09-27-2020 02:28 PM:

Tracker 2

Recently a guy I hunt with purchased the tracker 2. Yes there is better out there but also a lot worse. Being the brand it is and the quality it is I recommend it. It was very clear and had several views to choose from. Best part about it was it was only around $600. Only con in my opinion was it is small and could possibly be dropped or misplaced easy other than that I’ve had no problems.

Posted by GCH Viper on 09-27-2020 03:46 PM:

Thanks for the reply. Sent you a pm.

Posted by high ridge on 09-28-2020 02:35 AM:

That was my first one. In my opinion a BIC lighter is just as good as it is.
I gave mine to a youth hunter
Get an AGM 25.
However, if like me, it will hurt your feelings about the dogs.
Best thing I ever purchased to coon hunt with. Super easy to use. If I can use it anyone can. Just turn it on.

Posted by GCH Viper on 09-28-2020 02:43 AM:

Thanks. I used the agm 25 at the SS. It seemed pretty nice. Another guy in the cast had a pulsar 30. It was comparable.
I’ve actually never owned one. I’ve heard several mixed reviews on the Leupold. Most people say you have to learn to use it right. Lol those same people are the ones also trying to sell it sometimes.
I like the size of the Leupold. Even the agm is a little bulky in my opinion.
Thanks for the reply.

Posted by high ridge on 09-28-2020 01:53 PM:

I bought the AGM up at SS last week after seeing it and the pulsar in action. I had to have one them AGM lol It fits in my pouch that is a water bottle holder on my belt.

Posted by zman7 on 09-29-2020 01:55 AM:

how much for the agm

Posted by honalieh on 09-29-2020 02:38 AM:

Timely Topic

This is a timely topic for me. I just saw today that they are making this legal in PA for hunting furbearers.

Trying to learn about these thermal imaging devices, costs, effectiveness, etc.

Currently, I know next to nothing about these. Sure would like to hear about others personal experiences with them.

Using it for finding a coon would be my main objective, especially with thick leaves and heavy grapevines.

But, I'm also thinking of the coyotes (they will follow you), and the bears (had one 20 feet away a few weeks ago---it took off when I spoke to it). Would be nice to know if they are close by. Can you distinguish between animals (there are always deer close by)? I'd certainly like to know if there were coyotes, lions, or bear nearby.

Posted by nextcoonhunters on 09-29-2020 03:15 AM:

Leupold

Seems that you can see things okay on the ground ain't very effective up the tree. Or I don't know how to use it. Heavy leaves on you can't see anything even tonight and the temp is 60 here. I'm not impressed with it for finding coons. The ones I have found with it can easily be found with a light. JMO

Posted by Preacher Tom on 10-06-2020 09:02 PM:

High Ridge I sent you a pm.