UKC Forums Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Show all 99 posts from this thread on one page

UKC Forums (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/index.php)
- UKC Coonhounds (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=4)
-- World Champs going Head to Head!!! (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/showthread.php?threadid=928524462)

Posted by Jed Finley on 11-26-2019 03:24 PM:

This is going to be HUGE for the sport of coon hunting!! BIG SHOW PRODUCTIONS will be taking coon hunting to an entire new level for the world to see hound hunting they way it is done!! Hopefully viewers will see this show and share to friends and everyone will see hounds don’t hurt a thing and gain a lot more respect for hound hunters!!

And nothing wrong with my dog box they just like to let you know it is game time! But do to noise complaints they will be left on the side lines till the hunt is over lol

UKC GRAND NITE CHAMPION
CHKC CHAMPION OF CHAMPIONS
STYLISH TRADER
2011 PKC WORLD CHAMPION FEMALE
PKC GOLD CHAMPION
UKC GRAND NITE CHAMPION
SKUNA RIVER SQUEAKY
www.trader-inc.com

Posted by Josh Michaelis on 11-26-2019 09:07 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by yadkintar
Only one thing I been thinking about it will be a two dog cast. It will be in December so the new ukc rules will not be in effect yet. Both sets of rules will be under the leash lock rule. In a two dog cast that could be a tuff pill to swallow.

Tar

There will be no leash lock.

Posted by yadkintar on 11-27-2019 12:26 AM:

quote:
Originally posted by Josh Michaelis
There will be no leash lock.

I am glad.

Tar

Posted by yadkintar on 11-28-2019 06:36 PM:

Happy thanksgiving josh from mine to yours.

Tar

Posted by 79cooner on 11-28-2019 10:53 PM:

4 dog cast

Just a suggestion for a 4 dog cast, A. C. H. A. World champion, AKC. World champion, UKC world champion and P.K.C. world champion. First 30 minutes Pkc rules, second 30 minutes UKC rules, Third 30 minutes Acha rules and the last 30 minutes AKC rules.just a thought have a happy thanks giving. God bless.

Posted by Treedog 247 on 11-29-2019 03:16 AM:

Hunting these two World Champions against each other doesn’t prove anything, you can take any dog out there and beat either one of them.

Posted by Dave Richards on 11-29-2019 04:16 AM:

Tree dog 247

Are you being serious? You really think just any dog can beat these 2 dogs? Can they be beat? Yes, but it will take a very good dog to best them, both dogs beat the best of the best to win their World Championship, they were not just lucky, they were good. Dave

Posted by shadinc on 11-29-2019 04:46 AM:

quote:
Originally posted by Treedog 247
Hunting these two World Champions against each other doesn’t prove anything, you can take any dog out there and beat either one of them.
I really don't think mine can.

Posted by MUSKY on 11-29-2019 12:02 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by shadinc
I really don't think mine can.

Mine either 😂😂😂

Home of:
A couple old plugs

Posted by yadkintar on 11-29-2019 12:16 PM:

Before we had the internet I remember the challenge hunts in the magazine you couldn’t wait to get your book to see if they really did it. There was a plot man he challenged everybody lol. Then when delton challenged mr green poison I would have been the handler for that one lol. And merchant challenged several. This is a good thing never in all my dreams did I ever think one day I would be able to set on my couch with snacks and watch two world champions hunt head to head.

Kinda like when Donnie gay got on Oscar the unridable bull then the movie ended it was several years before we found out he got er done.

Live action man !!

Tar

Posted by Josh Michaelis on 11-29-2019 03:10 PM:

Deer season is over and we are back to filming. We will have new episodes every Monday for hopefully 6 weeks.

Posted by Ricochet17 on 11-29-2019 03:20 PM:

Appreciate what all you're doing Josh! I enjoy the episodes aswell!

Posted by Josh Michaelis on 11-29-2019 04:06 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by Ricochet17
Appreciate what all you're doing Josh! I enjoy the episodes aswell!

Thank you. The feedback we have gotten from the show has been fantastic. I never dreamed it would be received so well. We hope to do 8 episodes or more per year. We are having fun doing it and we are in a unique position to be able to film some dogs that most people would not be able to film.

Posted by novicane65 on 11-29-2019 04:10 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by yadkintar
Before we had the internet I remember the challenge hunts in the magazine you couldn’t wait to get your book to see if they really did it. There was a plot man he challenged everybody lol. Then when delton challenged mr green poison I would have been the handler for that one lol. And merchant challenged several. This is a good thing never in all my dreams did I ever think one day I would be able to set on my couch with snacks and watch two world champions hunt head to head.

Kinda like when Donnie gay got on Oscar the unridable bull then the movie ended it was several years before we found out he got er done.

Live action man !!

Tar

A bunch did this not that long ago. I don't remember exactly what they called it on Facebook but Judas Bowling started them. There was some where like 20 or so hunts that happened. Most were done live feed. We didn't have to wait until the end of the month to find out who won.

And
Partners on a few common trashy young dogs

Gone but not forgotten

GrNtCh, PKC Ch Hillbilly Bildo
Pr Broken Oaks Wild Blue Gypsy

Posted by Josh Michaelis on 11-29-2019 06:06 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by novicane65
A bunch did this not that long ago. I don't remember exactly what they called it on Facebook but Judas Bowling started them. There was some where like 20 or so hunts that happened. Most were done live feed. We didn't have to wait until the end of the month to find out who won.

Live feeds are great. I'm glad people are doing them. But we will not do many if any live feeds during this hunt. Live feeds are usually not the quality of sound and picture we are looking for. We will however try and get the footage condensed and put out there as fast as we can

Posted by Preacher Tom on 11-29-2019 06:41 PM:

I've got a pretty nice dog and haven't hunted with either of these but I'm pretty sure either on would beat me on a pretty consistent basis. Just look at what they have won.

Posted by novicane65 on 11-30-2019 01:40 AM:

quote:
Originally posted by Josh Michaelis
Live feeds are great. I'm glad people are doing them. But we will not do many if any live feeds during this hunt. Live feeds are usually not the quality of sound and picture we are looking for. We will however try and get the footage condensed and put out there as fast as we can

Yes sir I understand this. My comment was just adding some information to Tar's comment about how some of the older guys used to do grudge matches. So I was just telling him that they still go on but just don't have the write up about them.

And

Gone but not forgotten

Posted by novicane65 on 11-30-2019 01:47 AM:

quote:

So what you're saying is you can beat both with what you're leading on a very consistent basis? Not for nothing but both have proven they can win. And I bet you may be able to beat them but not as often as what you're thinking. I haven't hunted with Bank but what I've heard was he's consistently treed coons, any weather, alone unless he gets backed, and drives a track good, nothing really flashy just extremely nice consistent coon tree'er.

And

Gone but not forgotten

Posted by Treedog 247 on 11-30-2019 03:34 AM:

quote:
Originally posted by novicane65
So what you're saying is you can beat both with what you're leading on a very consistent basis? Not for nothing but both have proven they can win. And I bet you may be able to beat them but not as often as what you're thinking. I haven't hunted with Bank but what I've heard was he's consistently treed coons, any weather, alone unless he gets backed, and drives a track good, nothing really flashy just extremely nice consistent coon tree'er.

I never said I could beat any dog and I wouldn’t count on my **** eaters doing anything but what is it going to prove hunting two world champs together??

Posted by Heikki on 11-30-2019 04:07 AM:

quote:
I never said I could beat any dog and I wouldn’t count on my **** eaters doing anything but what is it going to prove hunting two world champs together??

I’m not sure there trying to prove anything, they have already proved they both have WORLD CHAMPION HOUNDS!! This will be some good entertainment & a hell of a lot of fun to watch. My question to you is are you gonna watch it?

NtCh Yeager’s Poison Ivy
PKC CH The Midnight Toker
2023 Spring SS Freshman Champion

Posted by yadkintar on 11-30-2019 01:55 PM:

Back in the day a dog won the world hunt most times that dog would put a 1000 pups on the ground the first year. Now a dog like that can win more money on the road and not have to set by the phone and wait on stud fees and deal with the public. Those challenge hunts back in the day were to drum up business as most times their owners were all friends.

Ball always said don’t matter if the gossip is good or bad just as long as they are talking about you that makes you money.

Tar

Posted by 2nd Mac on 11-30-2019 02:12 PM:

I went to a big blue dog hunt in Pine Bluff in 72 I think. Several of the well known blue dogs were hunted together and a caravan of spectators followed. They wanted everyone to see what they had.

Posted by Reuben on 11-30-2019 04:15 PM:

I really want to see this 1 hunt...but I am thinking the best of 3 hunts would be better...the first dog that wins two is the winner...

So if each wins one hunt the tie breaker will be an awesome event...

But no matter what it will be awesome...A brilliant idea😎

A

Posted by Josh Michaelis on 12-02-2019 04:11 PM:

Episode 3 is available in a couple of hours on our YouTube channel. Only three more weeks before the big one!

Posted by Ricochet17 on 12-02-2019 06:31 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by 2nd Mac
I went to a big blue dog hunt in Pine Bluff in 72 I think. Several of the well known blue dogs were hunted together and a caravan of spectators followed. They wanted everyone to see what they had.

I can remember when they had that stud hunt in Michigan at Giddings place. Although it was primarily TW dogs I think there might have been a few off colored dogs.