UKC Forums
Show all 15 posts from this thread on one page

UKC Forums (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/index.php)
- UKC Coonhounds (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=4)
-- 2012 Ginseng Season (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/showthread.php?threadid=928267061)

Posted by bonehead on 08-29-2012 03:32 AM:

2012 Ginseng Season

Have any of you been seeing much while youve been out hunting. Our season starts this saturday. I havent heard much on what the predicted prices will be this year. I had a tough time last year finding much. Any of you got any good reading material on the web you can post Thanks

Posted by Surveyor on 08-29-2012 04:07 AM:

Indaina season starts Sept. 1st, but from what I have seen, 90 percent of it burned up and went dormant already this year.

2 time world finalist, 10th overall and high scoring Bluetick of the 2010 UKC World Coonhound Championship
NASHOBA VALLEY PIAZON, (RIP)
his littermate brother
UKC NT CH SHEPPARDS NORTHERN
BLUE LONER (RIP)
UKC GR NT CH RATTLERS BLUE SKY (RIP)
UKC Gr NT CH, PKC Ch Sheppard's Northern Blue Abbie, (PiazonxSky) UKC GR NT CH 'pr' Sheppards Northern Blue Punkin (PiazonXAlice) High scoring Bluetick of the 2015 (50th anniversary) Grand American, 2017 National Grand Nite Champion of breed, 2017 BBOA zone 4 Nite hunt dog of the year. Queen of hunt on 2019 Grand National Bluetick Reunion, 5th place and High Scoring Bluetick of 2019 UKC world Nite hunt Championship, 2019 Triple Crown Winner.
UKC GR NT CH 'pr' Mckintosh's Blue Flame Chopper
Gr Nt Ch Sheppards Northern Blue Goomba (Piazon X Dizzie) 14th place 2017 UKC world coon hound championship 100 purina point cast wins in 2018
and several other blueticks of lesser accomplishments

Posted by bonehead on 08-29-2012 04:19 AM:

We have been lucky up here this year with rain. But its really startin to get dry here now!

Posted by ldt77 on 08-29-2012 05:01 AM:

sounds good in a way. the reason i say that is a bad season will cause the price to go up. our season started august 10 but ive not been yet. the last 3 years combined ive dug rite at 115 lb. green

Not telling the whole truth is the same as telling a lie.
You get what you pay for.

Posted by bonehead on 08-29-2012 10:52 AM:

Shoot, ive been walkin or rollin in it, or just plain blind. It just seems like it was rough, or someone beat me to it last year. I havent been able to find much at all. And it seems like ive been lookin in all the right places, but apperently not lol! Any advise, I am new and tryin to learn on my own! any feedback is appreciated!!!! Thanks!

Posted by old ben on 08-29-2012 12:16 PM:

Re: .

quote:
Originally posted by ldt77
sounds good in a way. the reason i say that is a bad season will cause the price to go up. our season started august 10 but ive not been yet. the last 3 years combined ive dug rite at 115 lb. green
i herd sept
Notes on Tennessee Ginseng Harvest Season Laws

The wild ginseng Harvest Season is from September 1 to December 31 of each year. It is unlawful to dig wild ginseng for the purpose of sale or export on any date not within the ginseng Harvest Season.

No permits are required to dig wild or cultivated ginseng, but one MUST have the landowner's permission to enter the property and dig wild or cultivated ginseng. Ginseng collectors may dig wild ginseng on their own land.

It is unlawful to dig, for the purpose of sale or export, any wild ginseng plant that has green berries or that has less than three (3) prongs. A "prong" means a ginseng leaf with three (3) to five (5) leaflets.

It is unlawful to dig wild ginseng for the purpose of sale or export, and remove the berries of the wild ginseng from the approximate location from which the wild ginseng was dug, and to fail IMMEDIATELY after such digging to plant the berries of the wild ginseng in the approximate location from which the wild ginseng was dug.

Anderson County Coon Club
Lance White
865-919-7234

Posted by bonehead on 08-29-2012 07:36 PM:

Btt

Posted by SOUTHERNSTYLE on 08-29-2012 07:49 PM:

where

You said look in all right places, I have never dug any and would like to learn more about it. Where is the right place to look and what does it look like now?

TRAIN EM ALONE!

PKC CH GRNTCH GRCH 'PR' MIDNIGHT FLY

Posted by ldt77 on 08-30-2012 01:40 AM:

Re: Re: .

quote:
Originally posted by old ben
i herd sept
Notes on Tennessee Ginseng Harvest Season Laws

The wild ginseng Harvest Season is from September 1 to December 31 of each year. It is unlawful to dig wild ginseng for the purpose of sale or export on any date not within the ginseng Harvest Season.

No permits are required to dig wild or cultivated ginseng, but one MUST have the landowner's permission to enter the property and dig wild or cultivated ginseng. Ginseng collectors may dig wild ginseng on their own land.

It is unlawful to dig, for the purpose of sale or export, any wild ginseng plant that has green berries or that has less than three (3) prongs. A "prong" means a ginseng leaf with three (3) to five (5) leaflets.

It is unlawful to dig wild ginseng for the purpose of sale or export, and remove the berries of the wild ginseng from the approximate location from which the wild ginseng was dug, and to fail IMMEDIATELY after such digging to plant the berries of the wild ginseng in the approximate location from which the wild ginseng was dug.

im not sure i will have to check on it. i know last year it opened august 15

Posted by ldt77 on 08-30-2012 01:55 AM:

quote:
Originally posted by bonehead
Shoot, ive been walkin or rollin in it, or just plain blind. It just seems like it was rough, or someone beat me to it last year. I havent been able to find much at all. And it seems like ive been lookin in all the right places, but apperently not lol! Any advise, I am new and tryin to learn on my own! any feedback is appreciated!!!! Thanks!

i dont know how it is there. but here you get in the deepest hollows and what we call wet ridges. what we mean by this is places where there are little to no pines and lots of greenery. another thing i do is look at the moss on trees. the ginseng will grow the best on the side the moss grows on. another thing is places that get morning sun and is shaded by noon.

Posted by ldt77 on 08-30-2012 05:19 AM:

you are right ben starting this year its sep. 1 the law was past in ky last year

Posted by dawgtired62 on 08-30-2012 01:37 PM:

Sept !st here in Mo. but its been to dry been gone for months I hear

Posted by coonhunter 1984 on 08-30-2012 03:40 PM:

i was out squirrel hunting last Saturday and i seen where someone already been digging it up already.so i'll have to go and find a new spot to dig at.and what i did find was already has dried up.

My Dogs

1.UKC registerd Walker Male <---Bossman
2.Black And Tan Female<----Cookie
3.Redtick female<----Dixie
4.Redbone female<-----LIL Red

Posted by ldt77 on 08-30-2012 11:47 PM:

i know boys around here thats been digging sense first of august. people like that hurt it bad

Posted by coonhunter 1984 on 08-31-2012 12:47 AM:

yeah it makes it hard for the ones that wait until the season opens. and plus hurts the future plants

My Dogs

1.UKC registerd Walker Male <---Bossman
2.Black And Tan Female<----Cookie
3.Redtick female<----Dixie
4.Redbone female<-----LIL Red