UKC Forums Pages (2): [1] 2 »
Show all 33 posts from this thread on one page

UKC Forums (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/index.php)
- UKC Coonhounds (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=4)
-- 1 hr nite hunts (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/showthread.php?threadid=928519048)

Posted by Daniel Fitzko on 06-04-2019 03:30 PM:

1 hr nite hunts

How do clubs think they are going to get people to show up at there club if they choose to charge $25.00 for a 1 hr hunt?

Home of:
PR Fitzko's Hardwood Mighty Mouse

Posted by Adam Wingler on 06-04-2019 03:41 PM:

We've done slightly better in my opinion, especially for the club's pocketbook. So far all of ours have been $20. I personally don't get it when someone complains about paying $20-$30 to "only hunt an hour" (not saying you are, just pointing out some of what I've heard). We aren't paying clubs to take us pleasure hunting, we're there for a cast win. I do however understand when a fella says he has more of a 2 hour dog, or hunting in thinner coon (which is pretty much where my main club is located).

Now, we've only done the 1 hour hunts on the double header nights, the others have been the 90 min to traditional 2 hour.

Posted by KYHoundDawg on 06-04-2019 04:00 PM:

It has been good for our club. Especially on Friday nights since guys can make the late round. It is hard to get back in time for second deadline but it is manageable. We charge $20 a hunt with $5 discount to club members and have had a real good response. Its easier on guides and guys that may have to work the next morning as well.

PR B&B Docs Buzzed Again

Past Hounds
PR Horsefly Hollow Pepper, passed with a 1st and HTX pass
GRCH NITCH PR Allens Nationwide Suckerpunch HTX
GrCH2 NITCH PR Brockman's Remington Clover HTX

GRCH GRNITCH PKC SCH PR Brockman’s Blue Buzz HTX (semen available)
BBOA
502-417-2086

Posted by Daniel Fitzko on 06-04-2019 05:07 PM:

The 1 hr hunt fine but the $20 and $25 entry is my problem. I don't see spending that much just to make basically one drop. I want to get more for the buck so I will just hunt the 2 hr hunts to get my moneys worth, 1 hr hunts should be half of what your 2 hr hunts cost not the same. Plus you don't even get a slip now. Clubs don't give out trophys either. All cast winners should get something.

Home of:

Posted by Robert Johnson on 06-04-2019 06:12 PM:

They do get something. Satisfaction of having won the cast, and they get it recorded as a win at UKC in their quest to title the dog. Your problem seems to me is you can't get either so you have to complain. This is the place to do that for sure, but be careful, you may not be able to log in one day.

Johnson Creek Kennels
home of:
UKC Grand Nite Champion "PR" Yadkin River Addkis. Deceased 12/11/2016 RIP

2009/2010/2011/2012 AKC GA. State Leader and Supreme Grand Nite Champion Yadkin River Addkis

2010 ACHA Georgia State Champion Grand Nite Champion Yadkin River Addkis

PKC Champion Yadkin River Addkis

Bright Eye Lights

Treeing Walkers

912-663-5287 cell (perfered)

Posted by Richard Lambert on 06-04-2019 06:48 PM:

Don't you get performance point money? I thought that 1 hr hunts were put in at the request of the hunters because that is what they wanted? The clubs don't have to have 1 hr hunts. They can choose 90 min or 2 hrs. I would think that you need to talk to your club President if you want 2 hr hunts. The same goes for the entry fee.

Posted by yadkintar on 06-04-2019 07:15 PM:

The $30 entry was supposed to be for the 1hr minie slams where you won money. $30 is steep to hunt 1 hr when you used to get to hunt 2hrs for $20. But if they don’t mind paying it i guess that’s ok.

Tar

Posted by Adam Wingler on 06-04-2019 08:12 PM:

Ok, so there is that comment again.

How does the cost relate to how long you get to hunt? Are you saying it takes 2 hours to tree a coon? I'm fine with that comment. But are you saying it like you're "buying time to hunt"? Like half a loaf a bread costs the same as a whole loaf but you're only gonna make one sandwich.

Maybe the entry fee should be figured per minute. Like if I'm in a champion cast and I pull that possum in the first 10 minutes, I get the next 50 minutes refunded.

Posted by Daniel Fitzko on 06-04-2019 08:30 PM:

The ones that want the hour just cuts down on the slick trees they can make so they can finish the hunt.

Home of:

Posted by Sgraves on 06-04-2019 08:31 PM:

I know this is not pertaining to ukc. Went to a pkc lagacy hunt the other night. 100 dollar entry fee . 36 dogs , win your early an late final 3 dogs split the money. 440 dollars apiece. Entry’s sale like hot cakes. Me an a guy got to talking, you would be 60 dollars shy of making a dog a champion just by winning 2 cast. We both agreed 30 dollar open event hunts will soon be a thing of the past. My point is if you want to play the money game you have to dip in your pocket a little deeper. It’s a shame when it starting to be more based on what the handler can get out of it instead of bettering the dogs themselves. Because last I remembered these night hunts were meant for the dogs.

Posted by tony.beals on 06-04-2019 09:20 PM:

time of hunt

I wonder how many who are complaining about how long to hunt actually belong and "WORK" at a club, you are not paying for hunt time you are paying to keep the clubs open and running. It is the clubs membership that should decide what works for them and yes their customer base. However the clubs I run or help have very few working members. 80% of the hunters coming to the hunts either don't belong to a club or if they do it is in name only. In the summer when it gets darker later the shorten hunts work just as good as the longer ones

MSG, US ARMY RETIRED
President of Michigan State United Coon Hunters Association

Posted by T Felderman on 06-04-2019 09:23 PM:

UKC should still give out a win slip for personnel records.

As far as the PKC legacy hunts they are gonna skew the state stands. They pay out only $1980 of the $3600 in entry's, that don't seem like much.

Posted by nitehunter2004 on 06-04-2019 09:46 PM:

I hunted two double header hunts @ $30 times 2 = $60 and if you showed a dog it’s $20 more, Show one dog and hunt 2 hours for $80 Bucks? Never again!

Posted by Ashley Pratt on 06-05-2019 12:20 AM:

It’s a changing world. Look at leased land, jobs with odd hours and days off. I’m in rural southeast Iowa and thanks to deer hunting I couldn’t tell you how much my ground has shrunk. Our style of coyote hounds has changed also to develop to be able to hunt where we can. Are we making better dogs? Probably not but we’re at least still able to hunt. It would be much easier for me to guide a dog in a 1 hour hunt than keep finding places for 2. Especially since half of them run junk into the next section not even looking for a coon.

Posted by chaz2012 on 06-05-2019 01:08 AM:

quote:
Originally posted by nitehunter2004
I hunted two double header hunts @ $30 times 2 = $60 and if you showed a dog it’s $20 more, Show one dog and hunt 2 hours for $80 Bucks? Never again!
I with you. UKC has shot themselves and there clubs in the heart!!!

Charlie Portwood Jr.

Posted by Blaine Stout on 06-05-2019 04:30 AM:

At our club we have went almost completely to double header 1hr hunts. But we charge $20 to hunt no matter if you are hunting 1 round or 2. Plus we provide drinks and supper as well. Our number have close to tripled. Everyone that comes says it's to cheap to pass up. So basically its 10 per hunt if you do both rounds. If you can only make it to one it's still only a 20 dollar hunt.

Hounds that reside at Cedar Creek Ranch

WALKERS
Ch Grnitech Cedar Creek Paco

ENGLISH
Grch Blackfords C'mon Eileen
Nitech Wanna be a Lunatic

R.I.P
Nitech Cedar Creek Timbers Blu Junior

Posted by Richard Lambert on 06-05-2019 04:57 AM:

That sounds like Trump's tax cuts. You cut entry fees but still increased revenue. That is a win/win for everyone. Plus losing isn't so bad if you only lose $10.

Posted by Daniel Fitzko on 06-05-2019 11:06 AM:

Blaine Stout

I would come and hunt your club hunts because that's how it should be done. Thank you for your response.

Home of:

Posted by STROKIN on 06-06-2019 01:58 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by KYHoundDawg
It has been good for our club. Especially on Friday nights since guys can make the late round. It is hard to get back in time for second deadline but it is manageable. We charge $20 a hunt with $5 discount to club members and have had a real good response. Its easier on guides and guys that may have to work the next morning as well.

I thought giving a discount was against ukc policies. I thought that was settled along time ago

Posted by Adam Wingler on 06-06-2019 03:39 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by chaz2012
I with you. UKC has shot themselves and there clubs in the heart!!!

UKC isn't forcing the clubs to choose the 1 hour double header format, that's the club's decision. However, with the requirement of needing more wins to finish a hound, I could almost say they did in fact force the decision.

Posted by Toad Hill on 06-06-2019 05:44 PM:

Our club decided to "try" the DH Slams. 1.5 hr hunt

Weve had two of them so far . They've been great for our club.

What ive seen here is guys that get beat the first hunt are even more motivated to enter again cause they want another shot !!!! AND the guys that won the first one tend to feel a little greedy and want to win AGAIN !!!! Its a win win for entrys .

Just what ive seen/experienced thus far .......and this is with only $20 entry fees btw. May not be the same for some ya'll have $30 or $50 Double headers ... ???

Posted by Hunter Reese on 06-08-2019 03:45 PM:

Our club does $20 for early and enter back for $10 late. I really like this idea and entices hunters to enter late. If you do not hunt early then it is back to $20 late. With UKC now requiring 13 total wins to Grand a dog. I personally wish that every hunt was a double header. This gives you a shot at finishing your dog much faster. Also it is a little bit sweeter for guys traveling a good distance. Whether you pay $20 for a 1,1.5, or 2; you still have the same opportunity, and that is one win. It also helps our club due to lack of spots to hunt. Sometimes it can get tough to make a 2hr cast when there are several casts due to shared hunting spots.

GRNITECH CH 'PR' HIGH X-PECTATIONS
(NUMBER 10 CURRENT REPRODUCER, 2008 KY STATECH)
HAVE SEMEN

GRNITECH GRCH 'PR' BIG JANICE
(WLDNITECH PCH BIG D x WLDNITECH JANICE JOPLIN)

GRNITECH 'PR' HARRY'S STYLISH FRANNIE

GRNITECH 'PR' INSANE BELLA

NITECH 'PR' LEGENDS STYLISH SHENA

NITECH 'PR' INSANE PLAIN JANE (2019 WORLD QUALIFIED, $ WON)

Breeder and Trainer of Belgian Malinois
828-577-6167

Posted by berger on 06-08-2019 05:56 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by T Felderman
UKC should still give out a win slip for personnel records.

As far as the PKC legacy hunts they are gonna skew the state stands. They pay out only $1980 of the $3600 in entry's, that don't seem like much.

Todd the Legacy hunts are a good money maker for the host club. They make more for the club in a 36 dog hunt then You could with a 36 dog hunt in UKC.

319-201-8445

Posted by Redneck Mafia on 06-08-2019 07:10 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by berger
Todd the Legacy hunts are a good money maker for the host club. They make more for the club in a 36 dog hunt then You could with a 36 dog hunt in UKC.

And the payout is the same for the hunters as any other open event, 55% of the income. Of the remaining 45% club fee, state escrow fund and kennel club fees. Clubs may make more but they are paying guides and the late round judges from their part.

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER PRO SPORT TRUCK WINNER

RIP
*GRNITECH PKC SCH REDNECK MAFIA PKC HALL OF FAME REPRODUCER INDUCTED 2022
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Posted by Toad Hill on 06-10-2019 02:54 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by Daniel Fitzko
The 1 hr hunt fine but the $20 and $25 entry is my problem. I don't see spending that much just to make basically one drop. I want to get more for the buck so I will just hunt the 2 hr hunts to get my moneys worth, 1 hr hunts should be half of what your 2 hr hunts cost not the same. Plus you don't even get a slip now. Clubs don't give out trophys either. All cast winners should get something.

Ours was 1.5 hr Slam hunts $20 entry. win your cast u get a little money back but not much. Plus ,Our club gives out a $10 dog lead EVERYTIME, Every hunt to top 3 cast winners. We do this cause we can and want to. Its COSTS us money to do this. It doesnt help draw anymore dogs but it shows our appreciation for each ones entry and coming out to hunt. Trophys have nothing to do with UKC , thats the clubs choice if they want to provide a trophy. and Far as no more win slips...thats easy fix...take a pic of the hunt report with your cell phone and print off a 100 copies if u want ... not hard.