UKC Forums
Show all 12 posts from this thread on one page

UKC Forums (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/index.php)
- UKC Coonhounds (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=4)
-- Biggest Scratch (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/showthread.php?threadid=928519081)

Posted by Charles Pullen on 06-05-2019 11:31 PM:

Biggest Scratch

What’s the most points have you seen a dog to have being a Nite/Grnite get scratched in a cast for treeing off game ?

I witnessed a 1000+ at B&T days

Posted by jakecumberledge on 06-05-2019 11:38 PM:

I had I think it was 9 something or close to it once and my old grand gyp found her a grinner worst part about it the closest thing to her that night was only like 200

“PR”Woodland Country Side
“PR”Dukes Tree Bustin Duchess
“PR”Country Roads Ranger Jim

Beagles
CH GRHBCH Shenango Shylo
HBCH"PR"Shenango White River Bella
Woodland Drew Brees
Woodlands Blazin MJ
HBCH Woodland K Hello Dolly
“PR”Woodland Danger Ranger
State Line Gypsy

Posted by Dave Richards on 06-06-2019 01:08 AM:

Biggest scratch

I think Darrel Eads scratch in the final 4 of the UKC HUNT where he could not be beat score wise, that cost him 10K from the BLACK AND TAN Assoc. by winning the WORLD HUNT. Lol. Dave

Posted by Rolin Blues on 06-06-2019 06:54 AM:

Dave

You are totally right on this one. Been going to hunt since 1970 & that was the biggest scratch I can remember. It was the dogs fault & not done by another cast member getting rid of someone because of a rule violation. Take care, Ron.

Posted by Dave Richards on 06-06-2019 06:59 AM:

Ron

That was one expensive possum, that's for sure. I don't think I will ever forget that one. Darrels dog could not be beat score wise, but old smiley sure got him and 2 more dogs that night. Dave

Posted by Richard Lambert on 06-06-2019 01:00 PM:

Hammering Earl was blowing a cast away on Fri night at UKC World and got treed on the edge of a giant cornfield. As cast got to the tree, judge said handle him and plus him up, I've got him. Then a house cat ran down the tree and jumped out right in front of the cast.

Posted by Richard Lambert on 06-06-2019 01:05 PM:

I was hunting Ranger in the Purina Race one year and blowing a cast away. Ranger was treed with about 5 minutes left in the hunt and a prick scratched me for squalling too soon so that he could win the cast.

Posted by Blaze P. on 06-06-2019 02:25 PM:

Lol rules are part of it. I did same thing and cost me from getting in final 4 of a world hunt. My fault

Posted by fullhouse on 06-06-2019 03:56 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lambert
I was hunting Ranger in the Purina Race one year and blowing a cast away. Ranger was treed with about 5 minutes left in the hunt and a prick scratched me for squalling too soon so that he could win the cast.

Serious question. Did you squall too soon or did he say you did when you really didn't?

Posted by Richard Lambert on 06-06-2019 07:06 PM:

I showed him the coon laying on a limb out in the open and he said that he couldn't see it. I made a chirping noise with my mouth and the coon moved. He said, I see it now but you are scratched.

Posted by yadkintar on 06-06-2019 07:22 PM:

The one and only time I was serious about hunting in the world hunt it was with my deacon dog. Made it to the zones won the whole thing on Friday night. Got the whole thing won on Saturday nobody can catch me 5 minutes left this female trees and he backs her on a possum the whole cast got scratched I was sick.

Tar

Posted by Richard Lambert on 06-06-2019 11:23 PM:

I made it to the World Finals with Ranger. On Friday night he was leading the cast with about 10 minutes left when he backed a dog for 25. When we got there one dog was gone and got minused. The other 3 had a possum and got scratched. I thought that it was funny. We still got in the Top 20. They never tree a possum when they are getting beat and nobody ever wants to scratch you when you are losing.