UKC Forums
Show all 11 posts from this thread on one page

UKC Forums (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/index.php)
- Off Topic (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=53)
-- Reopening (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/showthread.php?threadid=928529846)

Posted by Richard Lambert on 05-15-2020 05:30 PM:

Reopening

IMO, putting politics aside, you can't fight a health problem by shutting down the economy and social system. You have to fight it within the social system and economy.

You have to solve the problem and shutting everything down doesn't solve the problem. I understand shutting down until hospitals and medical equipment providers were able to deal with the large numbers.

Now they are ready so we should open back up and fight the virus while dealing with our society and economy. Of course people are going to get sick and some are going to die. It is a lethal virus. But we can now fight it while carrying on with our American values, freedoms and economy.

Posted by 4play on 05-15-2020 08:57 PM:

JMO

I agree except for the lethal part.....99.7% chance of surviving 'IF' you get it, is not lethal to me.
jmo

Dem states must be more 'lethal' then Red states tho?

Nitech Stylish Clover Shark Jill - RIP 'Ole Girl
{Great White Shark x Brush Creek Patch}

Posted by Redneck Mafia on 05-15-2020 10:58 PM:

Re: Reopening

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lambert
IMO, putting politics aside, you can't fight a health problem by shutting down the economy and social system. You have to fight it within the social system and economy.

You have to solve the problem and shutting everything down doesn't solve the problem. I understand shutting down until hospitals and medical equipment providers were able to deal with the large numbers.

Now they are ready so we should open back up and fight the virus while dealing with our society and economy. Of course people are going to get sick and some are going to die. It is a lethal virus. But we can now fight it while carrying on with our American values, freedoms and economy.

I agree Richard the idea of this in the beginning was to allow hospitals and doctors time to prepare and as they called flattening the curve so as to not overwhelm the system. This has happened now to the extreme in that they have lots of empty beds and have been furloughing employees. Living life is associated with risks and the one sure thing in the end that is unavoidable is death. This doesn't mean that a person should be reckless in their behavior.
What we are seeing now is liberal politicians trying to enact their draconian dream and politicizing an illness for power.
I myself do have that back of my mind fear of what the endgame outcome will be with a virus that quite possibly was unleashed for this sole purpose. What mutations will it take on? None is so much at this time for me to put life on hold. As of right now the cure they are enacting through these lockdown measures is worse for us than the disease.

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER PRO SPORT TRUCK WINNER

RIP
*GRNITECH PKC SCH REDNECK MAFIA PKC HALL OF FAME REPRODUCER INDUCTED 2022
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Posted by Richard Lambert on 05-16-2020 12:51 AM:

Tennessee will allow large gatherings such as races, theme parks and non contact sports starting the 23rd.

Posted by Boondok Kennels on 05-16-2020 01:15 AM:

I agree Jen. The “cure” shouldn’t be worse than the so called Illness. I still feel this was a practice run for something in the future. It could be part of something worse, maybe if Trump were to lose in Nov. It amazes me at how they have controlled the population through fear of a boogie man. I realize there is a virus that many people have had and built an amunity to, but enact policies that contradict common sense?? If you’re sick or at risk, stay home, like people do already. I know to wash my hands without some moron politician telling me to!!

*Buck Creek Fancy
*Buck Creek Rambler
*Ch Blaster's Big Roller...RIP
*Buck Creek Sugie...RIP
*GrNiteCh Buck Creek Hitler...RIP

Posted by robgregory on 05-16-2020 12:54 PM:

Pandemic

I'm 63 yrs. old. I remember when Woodstock,the rock& roll concerts in N.Y. were being held. Right in the middle of the Hong Kong flu pandemic. The country DID NOT--I repeat DID NOT shut down. As a matter of fact, at that time in history, our population was 40% less than what it is right now, and it still killed more than 100,000 Americans. This is just another ploy by the Dems to get Donald Trump to look bad. Pure politics. Plain and simple.

home#- 540-925-4437
cell#-757-339-3454
Home of:
"PR"High Lonesome Hannah. Nt.Ch. Hardtime Miss Kitty's Cat

Posted by Richard Lambert on 05-18-2020 08:57 PM:

Oh my goodness, I am not the only one that thinks the pandemic is over. Has anyone else seen what the DOW did today. It looks like the dumborats are going to have a hard time stretching the pandemic out until November.

Posted by Richard Lambert on 05-20-2020 05:07 PM:

Oh my goodness, despite the dumborats best efforts the economy is roaring back. When they stop the unemployment stimulus money, then everyone will go back to work. It looks like everyone will be going out for Memorial Day. Beaches, lakes and campgrounds will be full. There are no vacancies at the campgrounds anywhere near me.

Posted by Richard Lambert on 05-21-2020 08:32 PM:

What is the big difference? Do y'all remember back in March when the Carona Virus was going to kill everybody and the World was going to end? So everybody had to stay home and couldn't go outside.
Well it is the end of May and now everybody needs to get out and go back to work. The virus hasn't changed at all. It is just as deadly and just as infectious as it was. So what has changed in the last 2 months?

Posted by 4play on 05-21-2020 09:19 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lambert
What is the big difference? Do y'all remember back in March when the Carona Virus was going to kill everybody and the World was going to end? So everybody had to stay home and couldn't go outside.
Well it is the end of May and now everybody needs to get out and go back to work. The virus hasn't changed at all. It is just as deadly and just as infectious as it was. So what has changed in the last 2 months?

Election year tried to make Trump look bad
Dem's sucked out all $$$ they could
Trump was on top of it as soon as real facts came.Not China lies
Fauci was wrong with just about everything
Dems states have Dbl-Triple more cases than Republican states,wtf!
Did I mention Election year..........

Nitech Stylish Clover Shark Jill - RIP 'Ole Girl
{Great White Shark x Brush Creek Patch}

Posted by Richard Lambert on 05-30-2020 03:02 PM:

How in the world can the daily number of cases and daily number of deaths be dropping when states are reopening; lockdowns are being relaxed and people are going back to work? Americans aren't complying with mask usage and social distancing but new cases and new deaths aren't spiking. We don't have a vaccine or a wonder drug to cure Covid 19 yet. I don't understand? Surely Trump couldn't have been right when he said that the virus would " just go away" this summer.