UKC Forums Pages (2): [1] 2 »
Show all 26 posts from this thread on one page

UKC Forums (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/index.php)
- UKC Coonhounds (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=4)
-- Lasertorch PRO vs. The Sunspot...... (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/showthread.php?threadid=468572)

Posted by Steffan Kichta on 12-16-2011 09:15 PM:

Lasertorch PRO vs. The Sunspot......

I'm getting ready to buy a new light. I was going to buy a Sunspot till I saw my buddy's new Lasertorch Pro. That is a really nice light.

The Lasertorch is very bright. Light. The cap fit perfect. My only complaint is that the spot is kinda tight.

Has anyone used or tested both of these lights?

Posted by Dwils on 12-16-2011 09:18 PM:

My friend has a suspot and holy cow ,,instead of a tight spot. it lights up the entire tree. i like it. very bright and puts out a huge beam

NtCh PKCCh Skuna River Faith
NtCh PKC Ch Catch This
Silver Ch River Bend Lacey

Posted by on 12-16-2011 09:56 PM:

I don't own either, but I too am in the market for a light upgrade. I was trying to decide between the same two brands. I hunted with a fella that had the Laser Torch Pro and after reading such great reviews on it, I was less than impressed. I'm sure it is a nice light, but it isn't what I'm looking for.

I've spoken to Joey on the Sunspot lights. He seems to be willing to completely stand behind his product and was helpful in answering my questions. I plan to order a Sunspot after I sell my fur in a few weeks.

Posted by Matt McKinney on 12-16-2011 11:00 PM:

If you dont want a tight spot, get the sunspot light, like the other fella said, it lights the whole tree up. No comparison as far as spot goes..I really like my sunspot.

Posted by old ben on 12-16-2011 11:22 PM:

sunspot here i leave the belt box etc at the house.great spot if its there u will see it love the cap light new light of the future

Anderson County Coon Club
Lance White
865-919-7234

Posted by JB PITCREW on 12-17-2011 12:10 AM:

SunSpot

I like the SunSpot too...it's the light all the light builders will be trying to copy before long...wait and see.

Home of Previous #1 Reproducing English Coonhound 15.49%
GRNTCH GRCH 'PR' Briar Valley Nite Prowler "semen stored”
GRNTCH CH Dee's Nite Prowling Blitz "semen stored”
'PR' Northridge JoJoe's Blue Thunder
'PR' Northridge Icky’s Old Sandy

ENGLISH HOUNDS SINCE 1969....If you breed for papers instead of traits,You deserve what you end up with...Kelley Stagner

RIP........................................
GRNTCH GRCH Briar Valley Nite Prowler
GRNTCH GRCH Wilcox's Thunder JoJoe
GRNTCH GRCH Northridge Red Loopy
GRNTCH GRCH Northridge JoJo's Feebie
GRNTCH CH Dee's Nite Prowling Blitz
GRNTCH CH Northridge Jo Joe’s Icky

Posted by Kris Cisna on 12-17-2011 12:41 AM:

I myself am extremely skeptical about wither of these lights. I bought the first Laser Troch and was happy as it was much brigther and lasted alot longer than my old 4d Mag.

I started hunting with buddies that use 28v Bright Eyes and the Laser Torch is nothing compared. My buddy let me borrow his 17v Coonbuster box light and that light blows the Laser Torch clean out of the water. The low side of the 17v is WAY brighter than the high side of the LT.

The LT now gets used for treks on the dog yard and letting buddies use that come coon hunting. I was interested in either the Sunspot or LT Pro UNTILL I used the box light.

Posted by Matt McKinney on 12-17-2011 01:07 AM:

There.is.no comparison between.the original.lazer torch.and.the sunspot.or.the lazer torch.pro. that original lazer.torch.came.out.like.3. Years ago. Lights are.much.improved.since that.first laser torch. Even.the lazer 2.is.outdated. I.also.have a 17.volt.belt.light.with a blazer pro led.head and my sunspot.will.cover.that light up.when.they are.both.on. both.the LT pro and sunspot.are.bright. just.depends.on how.tight.you like.your spot.

quote:
Originally posted by techno
I myself am extremely skeptical about wither of these lights. I bought the first Laser Troch and was happy as it was much brigther and lasted alot longer than my old 4d Mag.

I started hunting with buddies that use 28v Bright Eyes and the Laser Torch is nothing compared. My buddy let me borrow his 17v Coonbuster box light and that light blows the Laser Torch clean out of the water. The low side of the 17v is WAY brighter than the high side of the LT.

The LT now gets used for treks on the dog yard and letting buddies use that come coon hunting. I was interested in either the Sunspot or LT Pro UNTILL I used the box light.

Posted by Okie Dawg on 12-17-2011 01:23 AM:

I have the White Lightning and they say it and the Sun Spot are about the same except burn time. The big differance in the rest is the broad beam. That is what lets you see threw the tree. Once you see that you won't look for eyes again.

Tonkawa Okla. 74653
580-628-0507
CH 'PR' Grady's Dark Woods Waylon -Bluetic

NITECH 'PR' Grady's Insane Tinker Bell (Tink) - Treeing walker --Okla. State Hunt open redg. winner

'PR' Grady's Barley - Treeing Walker

Posted by Kris Cisna on 12-17-2011 01:36 AM:

I realize that the LT 1 is old and the newer lights are better. Some reviews on the LT 1 I have read do not seem consistant with the light I own. I just wonder are these lights mentioned really that great or are people just talking them up?

Posted by David Morgan on 12-17-2011 01:42 AM:

Matt says it pretty well. Techno, no one in his right mind would compare a Laser I to a 28 volt light. I assure you that your 17 volt box light doesn't want any part of a Laser Pro or a Sun Spot. Joey makes a very good light as do we. The Laser Pro is for the hunter who wants to see very tall trees and see them better than anyone else. The Sun Spot is a flood type light that lights the whole tree. Either is a cut above most.

Thanks,

David
Laser Torch originator

Posted by amazingcursouth on 12-17-2011 02:05 AM:

laser torch 2 is all you need. good light, good guys, and long burn time. i have one and have no problem shining trees and finding coon. these days brighter is better, but sometimes you can be to bright.

Mossy Pond Modacious (MO)
Mossy Pond Amazing Gracie

Posted by 8hawg on 12-17-2011 02:11 AM:

I have the Laser Torch II. I like it a lot. With Laser Lights introduction of the Laser Pro, I had to try it. I just got it today and will be putting it to the test. Two weeks ago I bought a white lightning head for my brighteyes 21V light, the Laser Torch II is much better. Laser Lights will give you all the information you want on their lights. 2 year bumper to bumper warranty. They want you to be satisfied with the lights. This is why they offer a 30 day no questions ask return for refund. They are a good honest company that wants you satisfied and stands behind their product.

I have a white lightning head for sale used twice with about 4 hours of usage. PM me if interested.

Posted by Okie Dawg on 12-17-2011 02:14 AM:

quote:
Originally posted by amazingcursouth
laser torch 2 is all you need. good light, good guys, and long burn time. i have one and have no problem shining trees and finding coon. these days brighter is better, but sometimes you can be to bright.

LOL ..........TO BRIGHT............that is what the switch is for but I have never seen anything to bright for shineing a tree when there is money in it. It will make a lot of circle trees SLICK. I guess you could call that a time when a light can be to bright. I have had some in casts that thought so. lol

Tonkawa Okla. 74653
580-628-0507

NITECH 'PR' Grady's Insane Tinker Bell (Tink) - Treeing walker --Okla. State Hunt open redg. winner

Posted by amazingcursouth on 12-17-2011 02:21 AM:

i guess i am just old enough to remember hunting with a 4v wheat light, and 6 v gell cell. we found coon back then. and i was just saying its like everything else these days. everyone is jocking for position, even in the coon hunting world.

Mossy Pond Modacious (MO)
Mossy Pond Amazing Gracie

Posted by PRITCHARD on 12-17-2011 03:59 AM:

Sunspot!!!

The Sunspot will blow the LT Pro out of the water.

NiTECH' Walker's Dirty Ankle Khatt (RIP)
PKC CH GRNITE CH Nocturnal Maggie
Dual Grand Stylish Insane Jane (Harry Semen)

I used and highly recommend Nite-Time Hunting Supplys

Posted by on 12-17-2011 04:25 AM:

quote:
Originally posted by David Morgan
The Laser Pro is for the hunter who wants to see very tall trees and see them better than anyone else. The Sun Spot is a flood type light that lights the whole tree. Either is a cut above most.

David
Laser Torch originator

I'm sure both are good lights. Why can't we get both in the same light? The Smart Light I currently use doesn't dim down enough as a walk light, has a tight spot that requires me to shine almost each individual branch requiring too much shine time, and isn't bright enough to shine the tallest trees. It seems to me we can get 1 or 2 of these corrected with any of the newer cap lights, but can't find one that offers all 3, so we are left to chose whichever we feel will work best for us. There is also getting to be so many led cap lights available which makes the decision much more difficult.

On another note, with all these affordable, quality led lights available I'm shocked at the number of fur hunters around me that are still carrying one of those old car battery Nite Lites. I think the poorest led cap light is still better than those things.

Posted by on 12-17-2011 04:49 AM:

quote:
Originally posted by brogy
I'm sure both are good lights. Why can't we get both in the same light? The Smart Light I currently use doesn't dim down enough as a walk light, has a tight spot that requires me to shine almost each individual branch requiring too much shine time, and isn't bright enough to shine the tallest trees. It seems to me we can get 1 or 2 of these corrected with any of the newer cap lights, but can't find one that offers all 3, so we are left to chose whichever we feel will work best for us. There is also getting to be so many led cap lights available which makes the decision much more difficult.

On another note, with all these affordable, quality led lights available I'm shocked at the number of fur hunters around me that are still carrying one of those old car battery Nite Lites. I think the poorest led cap light is still better than those things.

I can get the smart light dimmed down for walking if you want just send it to me, I will do it for free. It will just take me a couple of minutes.

I can’t answer for David but I can’t adjust the beam from a large to small spot with multiple leds. I'm sure it could be done but with the manufacturing and engineering cost that will go into it I don’t think you will want to pay for it. So the short of it all comes down to cost. I like to sell mine at an affordable price and something like that would get real expensive real quick.

Posted by Okie Dawg on 12-17-2011 06:14 AM:

quote:
Originally posted by brogy

Look on the Sun Spot thread. It has a demo. I think you will like what you see. I would buy one if it had more shine time. It puts out about the same as my White Lightening from what I can tell. Just less burn time. Mine is a wide beam for walking and shineing.
I never use mine on less than 1-2 clicks below bright. I don't need to. It will last all night on them.

Tonkawa Okla. 74653
580-628-0507

Posted by Okie Dawg on 12-17-2011 06:18 AM:

quote:
Originally posted by amazingcursouth
i guess i am just old enough to remember hunting with a 4v wheat light, and 6 v gell cell. we found coon back then. and i was just saying its like everything else these days. everyone is jocking for position, even in the coon hunting world.

I had a 2 D cell light that I wasn't able to turn on much because batteries were to expensive. My dad had an old carbide light. wonders we didn't burn the whole world or atleast his hat up with. I still have an old carbide light,hard hat and a 1 pound can of carbide. I would sure hate to have to use it. It was good to warm your hands on though. ( :

Tonkawa Okla. 74653
580-628-0507

Posted by David Morgan on 12-17-2011 01:20 PM:

Adjustable spot

I agree with Michael. We have looked at an adjustable spot and the coonhunting public would not like the price. That is if you build it with the quality neccessary to last.

Okie Dawg, If you ever want sell your carbide light, call me. We need something to back up our light.

Thanks,
David

Posted by Rip on 12-17-2011 02:35 PM:

Hey guys, color me as one of those people that did NOT like an LED light. I had tried them but just didn't like them because they were not bright enough.

Of course I had the best light I had ever seen, a 28 volt Light Connection belt light. Somewhere around a pound, brightest light I ever seen, and only blew 1 bulb in many years of hunting. You can see why I never switched to an LED caplight.

I have both the Sunspot and the Boss. I haven't used my beltlight since. Both of those lights are just that good.

Are they as bright as my 28 volt belt light? Well no, they aren't but they are different lights. I knew that when I bought them, but they aren't far behind it, which IMO is simply amazing that they can do that.

But they ARE bright enough that I don't carry my belt light any more. They are very close to it, close enough that my belt light is now a backup light. I haven't took it one single time since I got these caplights. This is the first time I can say I have seen a caplight that is good enough for me to hunt with.

I haven't used the Laser Torch so I can't give an honest opinion on them.

But you can take it from someone that is EXTREMELY hard to please in the light department, someone that was used to having the best and brightest light on the market, you will be happy with either of the two I have.

I would like to be able to comment on the Laser Torch, but I haven't seen it in action. I have heard good things about it though.

Posted by Jrkb2012 on 11-03-2014 04:29 AM:

quote:
Originally posted by Okie Dawg
I have the White Lightning and they say it and the Sun Spot are about the same except burn time. The big differance in the rest is the broad beam. That is what lets you see threw the tree. Once you see that you won't look for eyes again.
I had the white lightning and now have the sunspot ultra HD,,the HD is by far much better than the white lightning,,,hands down...and my brother has the lazer torch pro,,again,,no comparison,,brother is selling his laser torch and buying a ultra HD

Posted by Keith Penningto on 11-03-2014 06:42 AM:

I hunted with a Bright Eyes "White Lightning" for probably 4 years. It was plenty bright. No complaints what so ever with it. Very reliable light. I was very happy with it. One night I had my WL shinning in a tree and couldn't see a coon in a fork up high in a dark spot. Cast member puts his SunSpot up to the tree and you could see the coon just plain as day. The SunSpot penetrated deeper into the tree and was just as bright as the WL every where else. I bought two SunSpots the next week. One for my wife and me. The red led is great for finding coon eyes in the summer months also, not bad for using as a walking light either. I tend to keep the light on and on low in the summer just to look for snakes though. Also, You will not find better customer service with any other light dealer if you have any issues. Some might be just as good, but I don't think you will find anyone better.

PKC CH / GRCH'GRNITECH'PR'BLACK IRON DARLA

PKC CH / GRCH'GRNITECH'PR'CLEGGS NORTHERN BLACK SKIP

PKC CH / CH GRNITECH'PR'MALONES MIDNIGHT DAN

PKC CH / GRCH'GRNITECH'PR'BLACK IRON STRIKE
PKC CH / NITECH BACKWATER SASSY
NITECH BACKWATER HAMMER
PKC CH BACKWATER ROWDY
GRNITECH POORBOY
NITECH BLACK IRON KATNISS

Posted by tree_reddg 47 on 11-03-2014 04:13 PM:

Boss hotspot 3d

I been looking at the boss hotspot 3d and the sunfire hd .. Havnt decided which 1 to get ..I wanted to know which 1 of these 2 lights has tighter spot ..