UKC Forums Pages (2): « 1 [2]
Show all 44 posts from this thread on one page

UKC Forums (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/index.php)
- UKC Coonhounds (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=4)
-- All blue blueticks..... (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/showthread.php?threadid=9737)

Posted by jodaviess1 on 08-25-2005 03:11 AM:

ALL BLUE

WE HAVE BRED THIS LINE OF DOGS FOR A LONG TIME AND CROSSED THEM ALOT OF DIFFERENT WAYS AND HAVEN'T GOT AN ALL BLUE PUP FOR A LONG TIME. WE HAVE MADE CROSSES WITH TOAD DOUBLED UP TOP AND BOTTOM AND THAT DOMINANT TAN TRIM COMES THROUGH. ONE OF THESE DAYS ONE WILL SHOW UP AS MUCH OF IT IS IN THESE DOGS. PERRY

Posted by hardwoodrunner on 08-25-2005 05:31 AM:

Big Blue

Go to Hunt101.com look under hardwoorunner, I have several pictures of my Gascon line hounds. I have a litter of pups 13 days old and fron the looks thye should most all be all blue. My gascon have OO Grant, Womack, Vaughn, Diamond Jim, Sugar Creek, on my older female I can go back 13 generation's on her.
I have made the cross useing my gascon female and a RamboII grandson. 2 of the pups have brown tear drops and brown on the sides of there jaws. The Dam is all blue and is doing a great job as a mother. My older female has lots of tan on her legs and face, I will be makeing that cross on my gascon male later this year, there is a picture of him there with my younger female. He and the younger female are 1/2 brother and sister, people that hunt gascon have been waiting for a long time for me to make that cross, maybe next year. I usely only have 2 litters a year, there is a waiting list allready for that cross. Maybe this will help if not email me at hardwoodrunner@yahoo.com I posted some pictures of my older female Misty on Hunt101

Posted by Jim Walters on 08-25-2005 01:11 PM:

all- blue

my girl friend and i have a all blue male out of northen blue dancer x phuffs lighting liegh. he's turning out to be a hell of a dog.

Posted by Ed Mauney on 08-25-2005 09:35 PM:

ALL BLUE DOGS

MIKE I RE MEMBER THE DUSTY DOG. YOUR RIGHT THE MIKE AND BOOER DOGS I HUNTED WITH BOTH OF THEM. I HAD A FULL SISTER TO RAMBLER I CALLED SUE THAT WAS ALL BLUE.

Posted by COON STALKER on 08-26-2005 04:26 AM:

ALL BLUE

HERE IS A COUPLE OF PICTURES. SHE IS OUT OF MOORE'S HARDTIME BUCK. HER NICKNAME IS SMURFETTE.

Posted by jodaviess1 on 08-26-2005 05:45 AM:

IS SHE A BOOMER BRED DOG??

AWESOME. I LOVE THE LOOKS OF THAT GYP. COULD YOU POST HER PEDIGREE. THANK YOU

Posted by COON STALKER on 08-26-2005 06:05 AM:

PERRY

HERE IS HER PED.

..........................GRNITECH CH 'PR' TEXAS TR. BANGING TOBEY
....................NITECH 'PR' PAYTON'S TEXAS BL.BOMBER
..........................CH 'PR' TEX TREE BANGING JULIE
...............CH GRNITECH 'PR' MOORE'S HARTIMES BUCK
...........................GRNITECH 'PR' QUAIL CREEK JIMMY
...................'PR' MAD-DOG BLUE GIRLY
...........................CH GRNITECH 'PR' MAD DOG LITTLE GLO III

'PR' SOUTHERN MIDNIGHT'S BLUE SHADY LADY

...........................'PR' DAVISSON'S PURE LUCK
.....................GRNITECH CH 'PR' DAVISSON'S NITE SOUND
............................CH 'PR' DAVISSON'S SMOKIN AMBER
................'PR' WV BLUE KATE MISSY
............................'PR' SKIDMORE'S BLUE TRAVLER
.....................'PR' HULL'S SPANKY
.............................'PR' SKIDMORE'S BLUE BELL

IF YOU HAVE ANY MORE QUESTIONS PERRY GIVE ME A CALL. YOU HAVE MY #. THANKS,
JOEY POTTER

Posted by edh on 08-26-2005 06:06 AM:

MCKINNEY'S BLUETICKS

SEE PAGE 83 IN AUG.ISSUE OF COONHOUND BLOODLINES.

ED

Posted by hardwoodrunner on 08-26-2005 09:36 AM:

That is 1 very nice looking gyp. Could you email me I would like to talk about some of the bloodlines that you posted on her.
One question may sound funny but it is something I have experienced and talked to lots of old followers of gascon hounds. I know what they all told me and the answer was the same but I didnt tell each one what the other said until after they told me what to expect.
Question---- From her looks (frame) she has speed on the ground, have you experienced her not getting fat(chubby) during hunting her? What I mean is this from the old timers these dogs were built for speed on track with very cold nose, and in their gentic makeup (gene) it is there for them never to fatten up, you can worm them each month, feed high protein feed, all you want too, but their makup will not get them fat even during the a layoff in hunting. take my older male , you can feed him 28% feed turning the winter, hunt him 5-7 times a week from Sept to Feb during kill season here, back off to 3-4 times a week from Feb to May, then not hunt during the hot summer and back his feed down to 21% and he will stay the same in weight, looks,ect. Several followers of gascon told me this years ago.
I am not very putter smart, but if you look on Hunt101.com , search under hardwoodrunner you will see a picture of my gascon male Snake, and my younger female Dixie, and my older female Misty.
Thanks
Gregg
hardwoodrunner@yahoo.com

Posted by John Carroll on 08-26-2005 01:59 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by hardwoodrunner
That is 1 very nice looking gyp. Could you email me I would like to talk about some of the bloodlines that you posted on her.
One question may sound funny but it is something I have experienced and talked to lots of old followers of gascon hounds. I know what they all told me and the answer was the same but I didnt tell each one what the other said until after they told me what to expect.
Question---- From her looks (frame) she has speed on the ground, have you experienced her not getting fat(chubby) during hunting her? What I mean is this from the old timers these dogs were built for speed on track with very cold nose, and in their gentic makeup (gene) it is there for them never to fatten up, you can worm them each month, feed high protein feed, all you want too, but their makup will not get them fat even during the a layoff in hunting. take my older male , you can feed him 28% feed turning the winter, hunt him 5-7 times a week from Sept to Feb during kill season here, back off to 3-4 times a week from Feb to May, then not hunt during the hot summer and back his feed down to 21% and he will stay the same in weight, looks,ect. Several followers of gascon told me this years ago.
I am not very putter smart, but if you look on Hunt101.com , search under hardwoodrunner you will see a picture of my gascon male Snake, and my younger female Dixie, and my older female Misty.
Thanks
Gregg
hardwoodrunner@yahoo.com

Gregg, I don't know if it was bred in them on purpose, but I had an old female that was on the big side, but probably not up to Gascon standards, and she wouldn't get very fat, hunting or not, no matter how much you fed her, and she was a big eater.

This old bitch was the foundation of what I am hunting now. I think she was pretty nice looking, and what a coon dog she was.

Posted by John Carroll on 08-26-2005 02:00 PM:

BTW, Coon Stalker, that is a good looking sister.

Posted by COON STALKER on 08-26-2005 10:53 PM:

BLUE FEMALE

THANKS JOHN SHE IS A PRETTY GOOD OLD DOG. SHE KNOWS WHAT SHE IS DOING IN THE WOODS TOO.

GREG, I SENT YOU AN E-MAIL. THANKS, JOEY

Posted by hardwoodrunner on 08-26-2005 11:48 PM:

Man that older female looks great, I will email you some pictures of my gascon male and my 2 females. They are on Hunt101.com look under hardwoodrunner
Gregg

Posted by Bruce Ordway on 08-26-2005 11:52 PM:

Re: All blue blueticks.....

quote:
Originally posted by Blue Style
I was wonderin who all out there has one,

Ben Barthel in St Michael MN has had quite a few.
He has a nice male right now that just needs one more win to be a GR NT.
If you're interested, send me a PM & I'll get you his phone number.

Posted by COON STALKER on 08-26-2005 11:59 PM:

BRUCE

SENT YOU A PM. THANKS,
JOEY

Posted by on 11-02-2006 03:06 PM:

"YEP"

Extremely fond of the all blue dogs as long as they are colored rite. Actually lookin for a couple female all blue pups that are "Boomer" bred to cross back on some of our "Toad" blood if anyone knows of any please let me know!!!

Posted by Cynthia on 11-02-2006 04:56 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by Cynthia
I thought "all blue" were the ones that were mostly white in color? or is that the old fashioned blues?

man, have I learned alot in 3yrs!!!

Posted by BIGCASTLEDAWGS on 11-02-2006 05:14 PM:

LOL, Cynthia...

Leave it to TwoToes to bring up OLD stuff..LOL. That's funny! I'll have to read the whole thread now.
Hope this brings some of the all blues your way TT. One's not enough???? LOL.
HappyHunting, Heather WIlliam

Posted by on 11-02-2006 05:44 PM:

BCD

Nope,still lookin!!