UKC Forums
Show all 8 posts from this thread on one page

UKC Forums (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/index.php)
- UKC Coonhounds (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=4)
-- Dog box height? (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/showthread.php?threadid=928534629)

Posted by Martinbnt on 11-24-2020 04:00 PM:

Dog box height?

What is the height of your dog compartment , I make my boxes and they always turn out alot higher than most I see

Posted by Ridgerunner1988 on 11-24-2020 05:33 PM:

I always make mine 2 feet high that's perfect for the truck I'm in which is a 91 chevy 2 wheel drive. Also perfect size for a Toyota on the height. Mine is 46 inches long and 43 inches wide that's the perfect size for my truck. It all depends on what size the truck is really though, on the height I always measure the height of the tailgate then make it 3 inches higher than that.

Posted by 2nd Mac on 11-24-2020 09:09 PM:

If you get the box too tall you’ll have more trouble with them messing in the box.

Posted by Martinbnt on 11-25-2020 12:48 AM:

Thanks for the replies,my dogs aren't overly big 60 to 70 lbs i was just curious if u was missing something, hadn't thought of the dumping

Posted by Autumn Clements on 11-26-2020 05:23 PM:

I believe my dog compartment height is 19”

'PR'LEAD'S MIDNITE SASSY
CFC CH Canadian GCH Multi Group Placing MBPIG BBPIG LEGACYK STANNYFIELD PRIME TIME (AKC & UKC Pointed)
BPIG MBBPIG WINDAMIRS RED LIGHT DISTRICT V AMBERLANE
LEGACYK DARE TO DREAM V CBLUES
LEGACYK WHITE AS A GHOST V CBLUES

Gone but not forgotten
GRNITECH GRCH PKC CH'PR'CLEMENTS' BLUE PRANCER

GRNITECH GRCH'PR'SPIKE'S TWILITE HOOKER
'PR'PRANCER'S GETTIN DOWN N DIRTY (PrancerxHooker)
NITECH CH’PR’BUELL’S BLUE ROCKY(Whitey x Spice)

CKC BBPIG MARIES BABY BREEZE

Posted by honalieh on 11-28-2020 05:39 AM:

Re: Dog box height?

quote:
Originally posted by Martinbnt
What is the height of your dog compartment , I make my boxes and they always turn out alot higher than most I see

If you are making them, the first step should be to measure the height to the top of your tailgate before you start building. Going higher than that will obstruct your view. Mine goes even to the top of the tailgate.

Posted by Outback1 on 12-08-2020 01:27 AM:

Owens bottom storage

Posted by honalieh on 12-08-2020 04:50 AM:

Re: Dog box height?

quote:
Originally posted by Martinbnt

Just thought of this. The box my wife got me was Ole Dry Pond. First box I've had that I didn't make myself. And so much easier to load and unload. About even with the top of my tailgate.

But, the real reason I am bringing this up is that I just remembered that they also make "detachable" storage units for their boxes. Just thought that was an interesting concept whether you are building one or buying one.

They have a demo on their website (or at least they did when I was looking), as well as a place where they give you the dimensions of their boxes. It's worth checking their website info. regardless of which route you go.