UKC Forums
Show all 4 posts from this thread on one page

UKC Forums (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/index.php)
- UKC Coonhounds (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=4)
-- Side Effects Simparcia (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/showthread.php?threadid=928519783)

Posted by Black Ash Bawl on 07-02-2019 09:54 AM:

Side Effects Simparcia

ANYBODY SEEN DOGS SUFFER BAD SIDE EFFECTS FROM FLEA AND TICK MEDS...

Posted by BEST EVER on 07-02-2019 12:00 PM:

I have used it for three years along with Seresto collars and never a side effect. Youngest I have given it too was 6 months. This combination works great.

GRNTCHGRCH PR Super Blue Riptide
GRNITECH 'PR' Prairie Creek Blue Big Horn

Mark Robbins Home : 812-547-1358 cell 812-309-8290
Corey Robbins Cell : 812-608-1645 / Home 812-547-2775

Posted by mwilkins on 07-02-2019 01:08 PM:

My coon hounds take Simparica and it works great for them with no side effects. I have also used it in combination with the seresto collar which works great. Our miniature dachshund started having seizures when taking Simparica. He would always have the seizures between 5 and 7 days after taking the chewable. This happened for a few months in a row before I realized it was the Simparica that was causing it. Switched him to Nexgard and he hasn't had a seizure since to my knowledge. From my experience with Nexgard and Simparica, Simparica seems to be more effective and lasts longer. Be careful with Simparica when giving it to small dogs.

NITECH 'PR' Wilkins' Wipeout Oakley
'PR' Wilkins' Loud Mouth Lilly
'PR' Wilkins's Wipeout Squeekie (Deceased) (10/12/08)-(2/23/10)

Posted by rick golden on 07-04-2019 03:25 PM:

Simparica

quote:
Originally posted by mwilkins
My coon hounds take Simparica and it works great for them with no side effects. I have also used it in combination with the seresto collar which works great. Our miniature dachshund started having seizures when taking Simparica. He would always have the seizures between 5 and 7 days after taking the chewable. This happened for a few months in a row before I realized it was the Simparica that was causing it. Switched him to Nexgard and he hasn't had a seizure since to my knowledge. From my experience with Nexgard and Simparica, Simparica seems to be more effective and lasts longer. Be careful with Simparica when giving it to small dogs.

I am having problems with 1 of my dogs right now. Had Bloodwork done and urine and getting down to where that’s the only thing left. Now it hasn’t bothered my other hound but the one it has has the exact symptoms that r listed as side effects from it. Time will tell going back to Vet tomorrow morning