UKC Forums
Show all 15 posts from this thread on one page

UKC Forums (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/index.php)
- UKC Coonhounds (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=4)
-- Cap Light? (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/showthread.php?threadid=928536000)

Posted by hilltop on 01-13-2021 07:01 PM:

Cap Light?

I know everyone has opinion on lights, my question is of the 2 listed....I would like to hear pros and cons from folks that have used these lights, I am going to buy one of the 2 as my next light. I have carried a big dog for years, been very dependable, lacking a little on brightness!

1. Bright eyes Fuzion
2. Superior Hellcat Maxx

Posted by MARK RISINGER on 01-13-2021 08:26 PM:

HELL CAT PRO

I HAVE THE HELL CAT PRO AND CAN'T IMAGINE NEEDING MORE LIGHT. MINE IS SET UP WITH TWO WHITE WALK LIGHTS AND TWO AMBERS. I REQUESTED IT BE SET UP THAT WAY. THE WALK LIGHTS ARE VERY BRIGHT, IN FACT EXCEPT ON VERY TALL TREES THEY ARE ABOUT ALL I USE. IF NEEDED THE MAIN BEAM WILL LIGHT UP THE TOPS OF THE TALLEST TREES. VERY WELL MADE LIGHT AND I AM WELL PLEASED. CAN'T SPEAK FOR THE BRIGHT EYES.

Posted by 2ol2hunt on 01-13-2021 09:11 PM:

Fusion is plenty good enough. JMO.

Posted by wadepardue on 01-13-2021 10:24 PM:

Cap Light

You will be Very Pleased with which ever one you choose ...but I choose the bright eye ...

Posted by hilltop on 01-13-2021 11:23 PM:

Lights

Let’s hear about sunspot extreme as well. I may be leaning towards bright eyes, lots of switches and levels....curious if that causes any concerns for failures? Anyone had any problem with durable with bright eyes cap light?

Posted by rooster731 on 01-13-2021 11:29 PM:

I have the hellcat maxx and i cant imagine anything being brighter. I can shine most trees with the walking light on high this time of year. The natural color beam is nice as well on the spot

Posted by wart on 01-14-2021 12:10 AM:

Lights

How much usable light do you really need I'm talking about a good walk light with red or amber color and a bright main beam most lights have more than enough usable light I want the walk light to shine down in front of me and around me most new walklights will light up an entire blacktop road. How much usable light do you really need

Posted by foothills on 01-14-2021 02:22 AM:

Haven’t had my hellcat maxx long, but it’s bright an can’t imagine needing anything brighter. I can say when I called an ordered my lite direct they were nothing but nice an helpful an has a 2 yr bumper to bumper warranty. Fast shipping as well

Posted by baker101 on 01-14-2021 06:01 AM:

I have the bright eyes fusion it's the brightest light I've had but if I hunt hard it is lucky to last all night

Posted by Dan&Ann on 01-14-2021 12:40 PM:

Fusion

I have the Fusion and it went dead on me last night after 3 straight nights without a charge. I love everything about this light. But what is better than the light is the people at Bright eyes. My son dropped his $300 light getting in the truck last year and I accidentally ran over it. I mean smashed it! The battery and the head light. Called bright eyes and was gonna buy a new one and they told me to send it in and they would look at it. Sent it in and got it back 3 weeks later like a brand new light with a $50.00 invoice. You will not go wrong with bright eyes!

Posted by J.R.__Ratliff on 01-15-2021 11:05 AM:

In my opinion is do a side by side comparison of of both lights. The features like colors, brightest, weight, burn time, operating features ( controls) , price and warranty. Compare all them to see what suits your needs the best. Also look at the company. Like advertising see what is out there and how it is advertised. I always say a good product advertises itself. I use and highly recommend superior lites. Great customer service usa product and has been around for a really long time, made in the USA with great parts.. No special sales gimmicks with Superior Hunting Lites.

Check them out

https://nitehunters.com/collections...-hunting-lights

Posted by River Birch Run on 01-15-2021 04:36 PM:

I've had the Sunspot for about 2 yrs now. It is built well haven't had a single problem with the light it's self. The charger has given me fits from the start. Other than that i'm ok with it. I bought the sunspot because it was one of the few with the dial on the head. The head is small and the helmet is balanced on my head. There is some real junk out there on the market but this light is built right.

Posted by Ronman on 01-16-2021 06:02 AM:

I have a Sunspot and absolutely love it. Can’t beat the lifetime warranty. I will say most all the light options these days are good. If you call and order directly from Sunspot you talk to the owner.

Posted by richard boyd on 01-16-2021 01:36 PM:

I love my Brighteyes lights. I have owned 4 of them through the years. They have always took care of any problems I have had with my lights which have been very few. Great people to deal with. You want be disappointed .

Posted by DeepforkKennels on 01-17-2021 12:12 PM:

Check out the new hell cat maxx fde super bright !!!!!!!!!