UKC Forums
Show all 13 posts from this thread on one page

UKC Forums (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/index.php)
- UKC Coonhounds (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=4)
-- treating mange (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/showthread.php?threadid=928550493)

Posted by coonhunter, MO on 03-07-2023 06:44 PM:

treating mange

how to get Simparica, Nexgard, or Bravecto without a vet prescription, or next best treatment to use without having a prescription, currently using a off name ivomec, thought i would give him something to help a little faster !

Posted by Reuben on 03-08-2023 03:20 AM:

Mange mites or ear mites…both are blood suckers and ivomec (zimecterin) will kill them and will break their life cycle…I give two doses 1 week apart…the first dose I give 1.5 cc’s and second week 1 cc when using ivomec…
50 to 70 lb. dog…

Posted by Dave Richards on 03-08-2023 04:26 PM:

Ivomec

1cc for 30 days in a row, that's what my vets recommend for red mange/sarcoptic mange. Safe and reliable treatment, give orally..Dave.. P.S. Used Nustock to regrow hair and ease any itching.

Posted by honalieh on 03-09-2023 04:56 AM:

Treating Mange

I've always used sulfur for treating mange. It's worked well for me.

Happy Jack sells Mange Medicine that is sulfur based.

Years ago, we would mix sulfur and lard to make a paste. That worked. The challenge now is where to buy sulfur.

Posted by yadkinriver on 03-09-2023 01:08 PM:

I am a big supporter of Ivomec used for heartworms or anything concerning mites used as a topical solution but ever since I was a boy I've used Happy Jack Sarcoptic mange medicine for any hair problems. If you can stand the lingering smell it will grow hair on a rock.

Posted by Reuben on 03-09-2023 01:51 PM:

Re: Treating Mange

quote:
Originally posted by honalieh
I've always used sulfur for treating mange. It's worked well for me.

Happy Jack sells Mange Medicine that is sulfur based.

Years ago, we would mix sulfur and lard to make a paste. That worked. The challenge now is where to buy sulfur.

Last time I bought sulfur…it was a small bag of refined sulfur from the drug store…

Posted by Lone Pine JB on 03-09-2023 02:31 PM:

Re: Re: Treating Mange

quote:
Originally posted by Reuben
Last time I bought sulfur…it was a small bag of refined sulfur from the drug store…

can also try farm/garden places. Sulfur is used to raise soil pH, basically the opposite of lime.

for the original question about where to get vet meds without a prescription, https://www.vetmedsforpets.com/

It's a place in Australia. Takes a couple weeks to ship, but prices are about 1/3 of what they are here in US

Lone Pine North

Posted by treestroker on 03-09-2023 10:44 PM:

mange

burnt oil put on the rub on the mange every day for a week will get rid of the mange. wear gloves

Posted by shadinc on 03-10-2023 03:19 PM:

Re: mange

quote:
Originally posted by treestroker
burnt oil put on the rub on the mange every day for a week will get rid of the mange. wear gloves
Wear gloves and don't get anywhere near your dog for 3 weeks.

Posted by sox12 on 03-13-2023 01:26 AM:

I have always used used motor oil and sulfur mixed for a 50 years and always worked great

CH Nt. Ch.PR Wandering Red & RR Bucksaw (GRCHGRNTCH Raged Ridge Rip X Grand Nite Raged Ridge Toadie )
GRNTCH.GRCh.PR Steffes' Whizz Bang[GRNTCH Big Walnut BooneXGRNTCH Raged Ridge Toadie]
GRCH.Wandering Red Pepper
GRCH.Wandering Red Honeys Sweety Pie

RIP
GR.NT.CH.GR.CH.PR Steffes wandering Red Tinkerbell {GRCHGRNTCH Raged Ridge RipsawXGRNTCH Ragged Ridge Toadie]

Posted by bowling on 03-15-2023 01:44 AM:

You can order simperica or any name brand from Australia I order mine from them and a whole lot cheaper than vets.

Posted by coonhunter, MO on 03-15-2023 08:25 PM:

thanks to all that responded, Noromectin is working, off brand of Ivomec, and I started treating with Happy Jack Mange Sorcoptic to help grow hair back !!! thanks again for advice !!!

Posted by Dave Richards on 03-15-2023 10:57 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by coonhunter, MO
thanks to all that responded, Noromectin is working, off brand of Ivomec, and I started treating with Happy Jack Mange Sorcoptic to help grow hair back !!! thanks again for advice !!!

Vets use 1cc ivermectin or generic brand per day given orally for 30 days in a row for red mange. This is a easy and permanent way to cure red mange. Dave. I use Nustock which is sulphur and mineral oil to regrow hair and ease itching.