UKC Forums Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Show all 112 posts from this thread on one page

UKC Forums (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/index.php)
- Redbones (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=51)
-- Nice Young Prospects (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/showthread.php?threadid=928524157)

Posted by Richard Lambert on 11-12-2019 05:19 PM:

Nice Young Prospects

I know that everyone is afraid to post about their nice young hounds because they will be besieged with phone calls and texts from people wanting to buy them. So does anyone have a nice young prospect that is absolutely not for sale and can't be bought. I know that there are quite a few out there because I have hunted with some and gotten pictures/videos of others.

Posted by BLAKE WHEELER on 11-12-2019 06:27 PM:

I thought everything was for sale

Posted by Richard Lambert on 11-12-2019 06:42 PM:

Bell, Rhonda and Wilma aren't. Don't you have a young dog named Max? Aren't you proud of him?

Posted by BLAKE WHEELER on 11-12-2019 07:24 PM:

Some nights I am lol

Posted by John B.Dalton on 11-12-2019 08:46 PM:

Im so glad to see you back on the redbone forum I hope you get more post than you care to read..I was afraid some of the meanies had run you off..Did you get to hunt in Arkansas??

Posted by Adam Wingler on 11-12-2019 08:46 PM:

I made another pilgrimage to MI last weekend to swap out two littermates with Jesse Boley. I brought back Kid and left him Darth. Darth never got much a chance until he found his way to me late this summer. Since then he’s well on his way to potentially becoming a nice hound.

And Kid is re-re-adjusting to western NC at the moment. Ha

Posted by Richard Lambert on 11-12-2019 09:02 PM:

Yes Johnny, I got to hunt with Billy Stark while I was there. He has a couple of those get way too deep for me prospects. But he doesn't post on the interweb and hunts in that other KC.

Adam, I am glad to hear that you are going to hunt Kid this winter. Jesse said that he wasn't hunting that much. He needs something new to get him fired up. I hunted with a couple of older gentlemen Fri night that said they had a couple of Spuds Duds pups. They said that they were real tree dogs.

Posted by Crazy Luke on 11-12-2019 11:19 PM:

NFS

Weapon X / Bonnie. Go to Facebook - Nacalu Redbone Kennel......Fireball bred. First track she ever ran she treed like she had been doing it for ten years. She is giving ole Mandy II all she can handle when I hunt them together. One of the few naturals I have had in my kennel. She is loud loud loud. I am really liking her. Might know where some of her littermates might be for sale. Soon to be at a hunt near you.

Posted by Richard Lambert on 11-13-2019 01:20 AM:

Mark, how is Bonnie bred? How old is she?

Posted by jdgher on 11-13-2019 02:19 AM:

Re: NFS

quote:
Originally posted by Crazy Luke
Weapon X / Bonnie. Go to Facebook - Nacalu Redbone Kennel......Fireball bred. First track she ever ran she treed like she had been doing it for ten years. She is giving ole Mandy II all she can handle when I hunt them together. One of the few naturals I have had in my kennel. She is loud loud loud. I am really liking her. Might know where some of her littermates might be for sale. Soon to be at a hunt near you.

Mark, That sounds exciting. Hope she makes a real good one. I'm not on Facebook, so post updates on here sometimes.

GRNTCH PR' Steve-O and Chili's Red Flow
NTCH PR' Twisters Musical Red Huey DNA-VIP Perf Sire 06'07 Deceased 11/07
Former Home of
NTCH 'PR' Swann's Lonesome Red Music/ Kitty
NTCH. CH PR' SawBlade Red Reckon
NTCH. CH PR' Gher's Timber Mt. Brandy
Breeder of
GRNTCH PR' Daugherty's Red BUBBA
NTCH CH PR' BA'S Tree Top Rockin Griddle
NTCH PR' Lickcreek Backwoods Lil Red Annie

Posted by spencer smith on 11-13-2019 02:33 AM:

Whiskey, real proud of her. Though the good and bad!😃 Coffman Smoking Buck and L’Wendy

Posted by ING 194 on 11-13-2019 02:41 AM:

I've got a nice male named Ghost but your up to date on him lol

Posted by After Hours on 11-13-2019 03:23 AM:

Whiskey and Ghost

Richard might know about Whiskey and Ghost, but I do not. Do you guys mind filling me in?

Posted by Crazy Luke on 11-13-2019 12:16 PM:

Bonnie

Pedigree, Yellow River Rocky. Timber Jack, Twister, Y,R,Music and some more Rocky, Doc twice and Fiddle. Those are the dogs I look for in a pedigree. I might try and figure out how to post a video. Bonnie was one in March 2019 but I do not hunt in the summer. As I looked at the pedigree, all four grandparents go back to Yellow River Rocky some top and bottom.

Posted by Crazy Luke on 11-13-2019 12:24 PM:

Sonny Boy

Also own Banjo's Sonny Boy. Although he is not a pup he is Bushwhackers and Redbull's brother. I hung with him and this year he is really coming on strong. He is a big dark red powerfulful dog. Loud and a loud bawl mouth tree dog. He is showing he can really work out a really bad track and have the coon. He is an honest first strike dog that will open before most dogs can smell it. Hunts out really strong. Had him in his first cast and scored 550 plus and some minus.( My fault) I like him.. He also has a great disposition...

Posted by jdgher on 11-13-2019 06:01 PM:

Smile Good deal

This board as been dead for a long time. Looks like we got something to talk about finally. Lets keep this thread going.

GRNTCH PR' Steve-O and Chili's Red Flow
NTCH PR' Twisters Musical Red Huey DNA-VIP Perf Sire 06'07 Deceased 11/07
Former Home of
NTCH 'PR' Swann's Lonesome Red Music/ Kitty
NTCH. CH PR' SawBlade Red Reckon
NTCH. CH PR' Gher's Timber Mt. Brandy
Breeder of
GRNTCH PR' Daugherty's Red BUBBA
NTCH CH PR' BA'S Tree Top Rockin Griddle
NTCH PR' Lickcreek Backwoods Lil Red Annie

Posted by BLAKE WHEELER on 11-13-2019 06:44 PM:

I picked up a female a month or so back that's got me wanting to hunt every night. She hasn't been hunted much and I've only had her out maybe 10 times but shes showing me that she will go hunting seems independent with a good mouth and has treed a coon with my other dog. So far I like what I'm seeing out of her.

Posted by After Hours on 11-13-2019 06:59 PM:

Re: Good deal

quote:
Originally posted by jdgher
This board as been dead for a long time. Looks like we got something to talk about finally. Lets keep this thread going.

Darrin- I agree. When I first got started with ol Badger, this message board was lit up every day. It was crazy how many people were on the redbone forum talking back and forth and trying to improve the breed. I have been blown away by how slow it is now. I know some will say people on this board are just ‘stay at home’ hunters etc. But I actually got a lot of use from the message board. Let’s face it, that’s how I met King Richard. I am smarter just because I know him! Haha

Posted by Richard Lambert on 11-13-2019 09:11 PM:

Oh my goodness, I just got my November Bloodlines and I saw where Smith's Tennessee Whiskey was third in the Performance Points Standings. I guess that she has already been winning a few hunts. Not too bad for a female that just turned 2 yrs old last week.

Posted by ING 194 on 11-13-2019 11:02 PM:

Ghost is a Boone and Rhonda pup I got off Richard at about 3 months. He was tracking and treeing a drag at 4 months. Started hunting him off feeders at 6 months and was taking him with my female at 7 months and he went every step with her. Started hunting him alone at about 9 months with success. With company he's a get gone first strike first tree dog. Hunts good alone wants to find a coon. He's bawl mouth on track and mostly bawl on tree but starting to chop a little more. He's 16months old now. I've had him in a few hunts ukc,pkc he's showing a lot of promise.

Posted by Richard Lambert on 11-16-2019 02:08 AM:

They say that a picture is worth a thousand words....
Here is Ghost.

Posted by Richard Lambert on 11-17-2019 03:39 PM:

I keep getting texts and videos of what looks to be some real nice prospects but no one wants to post them on the interweb anymore. Maybe I will have to do it for them.

Posted by spencer smith on 11-23-2019 04:16 AM:

Whiskey

Posted by Jacobheller on 11-26-2019 09:10 PM:

Prospect

Going to be singling this guy out once deer season ends up north. Has treed 3-5 with company and with him being my first hound I hope he can do it alone with a lot of hunting.

Posted by Richard Lambert on 11-26-2019 09:50 PM:

Good luck with him, Jacob. Keep us updated on his progress.