UKC Forums
Show all 21 posts from this thread on one page

UKC Forums (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/index.php)
- UKC Coonhounds (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=4)
-- World hunt fun? (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/showthread.php?threadid=928522295)

Posted by Doug A on 09-15-2019 09:58 PM:

World hunt fun?

What goes on at the world hunt that guys like me who are not hunting would enjoy? I am thinking about driving down there just to have a look around and be on the grounds. Thanks in advance.

Posted by Nathan Harder on 09-15-2019 10:00 PM:

I think Tar is sitting in on the dunk tank...

Iraq War Vet 03-04, 05-06
RECON
618-410-3034

Posted by Nathan Phenix on 09-15-2019 11:15 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by Nathan Harder

I bet he will float.

Bayou Creek Black and Tan’s

Nathan Phenix
417-255-5697

Posted by micooner on 09-15-2019 11:16 PM:

quote:
that would be a moneymaker. Don't leave out tar's antagonists David and Richard. You might be onto something there. Lol

Posted by Clif Owen on 09-15-2019 11:58 PM:

Might draw a bigger crowd than the hunt!

Posted by yadkintar on 09-16-2019 12:07 AM:

quote:

Tars ride didn’t get through the zones I will be forced to watch all the ................ LIVE ACTION on here !! And eat all these goodies.

Tar

Posted by shadinc on 09-16-2019 12:16 AM:

It's good he's not going. Richard and Dave would come home broke with sore arms.

Posted by yadkintar on 09-16-2019 12:21 AM:

quote:
Originally posted by shadinc
It's good he's not going. Richard and Dave would come home broke with sore arms.

Theyd a got wet trying to get me wet !!

Tar

Posted by Dave Richards on 09-16-2019 12:22 AM:

Tar

Bet we would have fun trying! Dave

Posted by yadkintar on 09-16-2019 12:31 AM:

Re: Tar

quote:
Originally posted by Dave Richards
Bet we would have fun trying! Dave

I like to swim I don’t like being held under I would get ahold of ole two perch and a turtles pony tail 😂

Tar

Posted by HOBO on 09-16-2019 02:02 AM:

Re: World hunt fun?

quote:
Originally posted by Doug A
What goes on at the world hunt that guys like me who are not hunting would enjoy? I am thinking about driving down there just to have a look around and be on the grounds. Thanks in advance.

Not much to look at, unless you're going down to watch the Show. Typically the guys that don't advance pack up and go home.

Ch.Swampmusic Lil Bit Sassy
Ch.Swampmusic Misty Shadow
Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Boone
Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Pride

But Looking To The Future...

Nt.Ch.Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Big Hoss

Dennis Robinson
Cell 540-295-3892

Posted by Black And Tan Man on 09-16-2019 11:10 AM:

There might be a couple of vendors but that's about it. Not much to see

Posted by Richard Lambert on 09-16-2019 01:01 PM:

Very serious atmosphere at the World. Guys are there for one purpose... To Win... They aren't there to visit, have fun or shop. They are very competitive and focused or they wouldn't be there. Mist have come a long way. And when they get beat, they aren't in a very good mood.

Posted by Doug A on 09-16-2019 01:21 PM:

I was hoping the live play by play atmosphere would be interesting but no?

Posted by Richard Lambert on 09-16-2019 01:24 PM:

Interesting for the interweb coonhunters sitting at home.

Posted by Corey Gruver on 09-16-2019 02:44 PM:

Re: World hunt fun?

quote:
Originally posted by Doug A

Don't listen to these guys. The hidden gem at the World Hunt is sticking around for the Final Four Cast Interviews, Photo-Ops and Play By Play.

UKC has always been good about broadcasting the Play By Play on the grounds after the cast heads to the woods, and, Allen will have a good, long interview / conversation with the cast right before they head out. It's pretty awesome to sit back and listen to.

Not to mention, they usually offer Slam Hunts in conjuction with the World Hunt for dogs that get knocked out. Bring a dog and go for a hunt while your at it! They should have Slams Thursday - Saturday night.

Posted by Black And Tan Man on 09-16-2019 03:57 PM:

Do what you want, just let us know much there was to see and do, if your not a participant.

Posted by Toad Hill on 09-16-2019 06:10 PM:

If you arent packing a dog or going as a spectator save your time and money . After round one it will be a ghost town.

* GRNTCH PKC CH SMALL TOWN LONE SURVIVOR "LONER" DNA-VIP
(GRNTCH Cabin Creek Rowdy semen X GRNTCH CH Lonesome Dove Lori)
----- Chilled semen available, 463 million total sperm per collection sent - Quality Documented & Guaranteed as of 11-15-23 -----
-English Days 2020 - 3rd place Fri / High Scoring male & 1st place Sat night
-2021 UKC World TOP 100
-2022 TOC Qualified
-2022 UKC World Qualified
-2023 UKC World Qualified
-2023 PKC World Quarter Finalist TOP 105
- For more on Loner, Go listen to Episode #1 on The Coonhound Collective podcast on Spotify.

* GRNTCH CH LONESOME DOVE LORI ( 2018 UKC World top 25 ) World Qualified 3 years straight [ double bred , 2X WLD CH Eng Fem GRNTCH Backroads Rosie ]

* GRNTCH CH SMALL TOWN BINGO STAR DNA-VIP ( 2019 Winter Classic 2nd place ) [ HOF GRNTCH Wilcox Thunder Bingo X Dual Grand Tree Rockin' Nelly ]
(( Star is the Dam to 2021 Southern Eng Days High Scoring Male & Overall Winner ))

- Live breeding doesn't dictate the future success of a puppy any more than a frozen breeding does.

+ I am the Wretch the song refers to

Posted by stevwallace on 09-17-2019 01:39 AM:

If it like any before it be few locals hanging around but all hunters be dead on serious. Not many vendors either . If you expecting any thing like the three other big hunts you will be disappointed. But with all that said if I was close I would still drop by after all it is THE World Hunt..when it was at Rogersville Tn. took my Dad. He was in his 70's. Seeing those big name dogs that he had only read about in the Coonhound Bloodlines and listening to final four interview he loved it.