UKC Forums
Show all 13 posts from this thread on one page

UKC Forums (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/index.php)
- UKC Beagles (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=3)
-- Redtick Beagles?? (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/showthread.php?threadid=217848)

Posted by Wheat Light on 07-09-2008 09:13 PM:

Redtick Beagles??

I thought I had saw about every color of Beagle, but I recently saw Nutters Kennel website and saw some Redtick Beagles. Here's the question: most of the redtick breeders I have seen are AKC hunters, not UKC. Is anyone raising UKC registered Redtick Beagles? Question #2: How do the redticks compare to other beagles as far as field trialing go? I prefer the Hound/Hunter format myself. Just wondering how one would be for this type of UKC hunt.

Thanks for any and all your help.

PF

Posted by houndsound on 07-09-2008 11:25 PM:

The coloring has absolutely nothing at all to do with their hunting speed or style. There are tri colored hounds that run very very slow, brace style, and some that run like race horses and everything in between. Same for beagles with red ticks on them... I'm sure you can find some strains that run brace style and there are bound to be some strains that run real fast. Find the color you like then find a strain that runs the style you want. But the color never dictates the ability.

Posted by DEW/BOY on 07-09-2008 11:34 PM:

redtick beagles

Me and a hunting buddy of mine, have ran this bloodline for a while now. I just had a litter of UKC registered redtick beagles, they are 19 days old now. Man it is one of the best looking litters I have had. But yeah it dont matter about the color, how they hunt. It is just we like the looks of a redtick, or bluetick beagle.

Posted by rbowman on 07-10-2008 08:30 PM:

I have 2 redticks that are Loko - Hanks Jo Jo blue breeding for sale right now. They are about 9 weeks old.

Posted by Wheat Light on 07-10-2008 09:28 PM:

When I get some more beagles, I'm going to get some redticks. We're getting ready to move right now so I can go back to college, so I'm not sure I'll have time to hunt when I get down in the thick of it. I'll be looking for some, though in a couple years. I think they are good looking dogs.

PF

Posted by RED REBELS on 07-10-2008 11:13 PM:

would like to see pics of the 'redtick' beagles you speak of, never heard of them, i've heard of 'ticked' beagles, but aren't beagles supposed to be solid colored, like a mini-walker dog?? thats what mine looks like, grand show, won every show i put him in, the people around here have 'ticked' beagles and i aksed the judge why not those dogs, he said my dog has correct coloring

this is my pup, his names Tucker, forgot his show name cuz he's 6 and hasnt been shown sense he was about 2 1/2 and i dont remember where his papers are

Posted by Wheat Light on 07-11-2008 12:49 AM:

Here is just a portion of the UKC official breed standard for Beagles:

"The Beagle has been referred to as "a foxhound in miniature." A smooth, short-haired hound; slightly longer than tall. Ears lay close to the head. Usually tri-color (black, white and tan), but all typical hound color combinations are acceptable."

All typical hound colors are acceptable, thats what it said. I'd say the judge you had didn't read the official breed standard very well. I'm not too interested in the shows anyway, I'm more interested in the hunt.

I didn't mean to imply they were any worse or better for the color as far as hunting goes, sorry if I did. I think they are good looking hounds. I just haven't seen too many redticks that are UKC registered or are being advertised as stud dogs, thats all. I'll be looking up some of you guys when I get back to it, so I can buy a pups or older dogs.

Thanks a lot for the info guys, maybe one of you will post some pictures of you dogs.

PF

Posted by beaglerMc on 07-11-2008 12:58 AM:

I saw Ray Bowmans redticks a couple of weeks ago and will have to say those were some of the best looking redticks I have seen. Personally, if you're into shows, I don't believe color should be the difference. Isn't it based on conformation? Not all beagles are tri-color. I know of a bunch of RED beagles that are either Show Champions or Grands. Anyway, there is good and bad in any color, color does not make the dog anyway, but a good looking dog thats a good rabbit dog just makes it that much better.

Posted by wilson on 07-11-2008 02:06 AM:

I have redtick beagles, I would post a picture of them just don't know how. so if red rebel if you would send me your email address i will send you some pictures. My email is vwilson3@columbus.rr.com

Posted by Bev on 07-11-2008 04:18 AM:

Here's a pic of a redtick female of mine. She has thrown many marked up like her over the years. Dolly has been one of the best gundogs and field trialing dogs to ever wear one of my collars. She was very fast as a young hound, and was always around the rabbit (good attention to line, not rough-running).

Posted by arizonabeagle on 07-11-2008 07:29 AM:

quote:
Originally posted by RED REBELS
would like to see pics of the 'redtick' beagles you speak of, never heard of them, i've heard of 'ticked' beagles, but aren't beagles supposed to be solid colored, like a mini-walker dog?? thats what mine looks like, grand show, won every show i put him in, the people around here have 'ticked' beagles and i aksed the judge why not those dogs, he said my dog has correct coloring

this is my pup, his names Tucker, forgot his show name cuz he's 6 and hasnt been shown sense he was about 2 1/2 and i dont remember where his papers are

beagles can be any hound color
english coonhounds are mostly redticked but theres blueticks englishes too. blue tick and blue gascon hounds are blue ticked
there for beagles can be blue or red ticked and most still have the tri color patches as well

i wish i coulda found some red ones when i was on the market
beautiful dogs..

Posted by RED REBELS on 07-12-2008 02:40 AM:

this is a pic of my neighbors beagle (lightning, cuz she was really fast when she was younger)

one of my uncles 1st beagle

his 2nd beagle (he got this beautiful lady to breed to his male , snoopy)

his 3rd beagle (he got this one cuz his 1st two ran away and never came back)

this is my brothers UGLY dog (flash, not sure why he named her this, shes a female)

here are somemore pics i found on my comp of friend's dogs, not sure of names or owners anymore

but this is my rabbit dog

and dont be fooled by his looks, i was mowing grass today and i saw two cute little bunnies, so i called him over to me (after i shut the mower off) and he caught one, it went the WRONG way, and then he brought it to me... yuck

Posted by arizonabeagle on 07-12-2008 10:18 PM:

and dont be fooled by his looks, i was mowing grass today and i saw two cute little bunnies, so i called him over to me (after i shut the mower off) and he caught one, it went the WRONG way, and then he brought it to me... yuck [/B][/QUOTE]

did you eat it??