UKC Forums
Show all 9 posts from this thread on one page

UKC Forums (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/index.php)
- UKC Coonhounds (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=4)
-- New Format Question (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/showthread.php?threadid=928516848)

Posted by Mtn Tough Engl on 03-21-2019 12:50 AM:

New Format Question

I am just wondering if anybody is noticing an increase on Grand Champion entries at the regular UKC hunts under the new format. I’m not seeing it. Personally I think they should have left them split and made another degree for the Grand Nites to earn. One of the reasons for me is it is hard to hunt a Grand Nite against Nt Ch dogs that is trying to earn there Gr Nt degree especially if it is a young person. I’m not saying the Gr Nt Ch will always win but if they do then I have knocked somebody out of getting another win towards Nt Ch and what have I really gained by doing so. I hope Ukc will revisit this format.

Posted by yadkintar on 03-21-2019 01:06 AM:

All I can tell you is where I live a couple weeks back we had 5 registered dogs 0 ntchs 0 grntchs. All the clubs around within 70 miles are about the same numbers. I think they were giving the grntchs a chance to win performance points but with low numbers it don't pay much. Most are going to the double headers for the money the young folks like those us old doggies like the 1hr part lol.

Tar

Posted by trsizemore on 03-21-2019 03:15 AM:

cheating

so the ntch guy is going to cheat and steal nice generasion

Posted by yadkintar on 03-21-2019 12:08 PM:

$$$ is starting to make a comeback strong down here ! Because the door was left wide open ! I think a couple simple rule changes would have done more good than these format changes.

Time will tell !

Tar

Posted by Prime Time 29 on 03-21-2019 02:06 PM:

We have seen a slight increase in dogs entered. A few Grands but not many. I don't know if we will maintain the extra hunters but it appears to have helped some. We still don't have a lot of dogs but seem to be getting 10-15. I personally do not like the double headers. I feel it caters to the flat land hunters or places with better hunting. Those clubs and hunters will have 14 hunts per year and us thin coon mountain folks will probably be forced to 7. Which will take us longer with more travel to finish dogs.

GRNITECHHOF PKC CHAMPION ‘PR' PRIME TIME OUTLAW JESSE JAMES HTX3
2019 6th Place UKC World Championship
2019 Purina Race National Leader

Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything!!!
–- Wyatt Earp

People accuse me of being color blind. The truth is I will hunt red ones, blue ones, black and white ones, yellow ones, black and tan ones, or even brindle ones; Just as long as they are English!

Posted by buckmaster27012 on 03-21-2019 02:16 PM:

no grand nite hunting here. have only seen one cast of 4 dogs at three different hunts this year.

Posted by harleydan1956 on 03-21-2019 04:40 PM:

If your Nite Ch is good enough to make Grand... Why Not compete with them? You all draw out together at a Qualifier, if you want to win the World, you gotta beat them all. I don't see a problem with it at all.

Canton, ohio
330-904-3392

Home of: Ch. PR. Lethal Blue Lil Bit of Respect.... Ch. Nite Ch PR Shivers' Magic Lead X GR. Ch. Nite Ch PR Lethal Blue Betty Jane
PR. Lethal Blue Tayen Grace..... Nite Ch. Pr Coffins creek running J.R. X Gr Ch Nite Ch PR Lethal Blue Moonlite Serenade.

Gone but never forgotten
Gr Ch. Nite Ch. PR. Lethal Blue Moonlight Serenade... Gr. Ch. Nite Ch PR Hillbillys Smokey River Dutch HTX X Gr. Ch. Nite CH. PR Lethal Blue Izabell Sitara

Gr. Ch. Nite Ch. PR. Lethal Blue Izabell Sitara... Dual Gr. Ch PR Bowens Blue Deuce X Ch. Nite Ch. PR Becky.

Gr Ch Nite Ch. PR. Lethal Blue Betty Jane...... PR. Crites Soggy Bottom Blue Banjo X PR. Mosquito Creek Tree mamma Sis

Gr Ch. Nite Ch. PR. Lethal Blue Rattlin Samantha ... Dual Gr Ch PR Mid Ohio Rattlin Sam X Gr Ch PR. Lethal Blue Jet's Xena

Gr. Ch. Nite Ch Hillbilly's Smokey River Blue Dutch HTX..... Gr. Ch. Gr. Nite Ch Pr. Smokey River Tramp's Blue Lake and Pr. Misty River Blue Doll III.
(Dutch wasn't ours, but he was here and like one of the family)

Pr. Dan's little Porter.... my last beagle...

Posted by RLenhart on 03-21-2019 06:54 PM:

I have drawn out in five CH UKC casts so far this year. I saw at least one GR in three of the casts.the other two had just NTCHs. I personally like the new format, and yes I do think it will result in a few more entries.

Posted by yadkintar on 03-21-2019 07:34 PM:

This change was not to help the hunters it was to help the clubs survive !

We will see.

Tar