UKC Forums Pages (7): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Show all 175 posts from this thread on one page

UKC Forums (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/index.php)
- UKC Coonhounds (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=4)
-- The Missouri Coonhunter (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/showthread.php?threadid=394045)

Posted by Wormy on 12-22-2010 12:59 AM:

The Missouri Coonhunter

This is a thread we are going to open to all Missouri Coonhunters weather you belong to the State Coonhunters Of Missouri or The Missouri Coonhunters Federation or both or neither. We would like to hear from you. Give us some input on how we can make our assns. better or ideas of new things to do throughout the year. We would like to see everyone get involved. I am making myself avalable to you to here your comments or suggestions. You can post on here or pm its up to you. Visit our websites.

www.statecoonhuntersofmo.com

www.mchf.biz

Trader's Midnight Money RIP
Dempsey’s Whiz Bang
Wipeout Weapon
NtCh 1000 $ Baby

Posted by Wormy on 12-22-2010 02:08 PM:

Come on someone must have some ideas!!

Dempsey’s Whiz Bang
Wipeout Weapon
NtCh 1000 $ Baby

Posted by jabrown on 12-22-2010 02:20 PM:

Wormy, one thing that comes to mind that the state associations and the local clubs could both work on is something to specifically target the local pleasure hunters of which most of us know a few. Right off the top of my head I can think of at least a half a dozen pleasure hunters in my area that have never been to a competition hunt. Three of which are pretty hard hunters. Until the beginning of this year, I had never entered a dog in a comp hunt and I would say that the reasons why I had pleasure hunted fairly hard for many years and never entered a hunt are probably the same for many pleasure hunters that haven't even given comp hunts a chance. First off is of course the horror stories about comp hunts, that every pleasure hunter hears and spreads, and you know I went to several hunts this year and can honestly say that I haven't been able to spread any more bad horror stories since. So maybe the State Coonhunters could put on a myth busters hunt, and if everyone invited the local pleasure hunters they know, you could be looking at a good number of new members to the state and local clubs if a small portion of them joined. The other thing that always held me up is a lot of pleasure hunters own grade dogs, so maybe some kind of intro to coonhunting where they could bring their grade dogs and go out with some hunters who are experienced in competition hunting, learn then in's and out's of the sport and maybe blow out some of the myths about those horrible competition dogs. You may not see an immediate jump in membership, but you just might spark some interest, and see them later on down the road.

Joshua 24:15

Josh Brown
The Barber Shop
Cuba, MO
573-205-1391

Posted by ST_CRK_KENNELS on 12-22-2010 07:34 PM:

1)

$$$$CASH$$$$

Give people something to hunt for besides something I already have to many of or don't want.

2)
Don't make the hunts lesser hunts with hopes of drawing more people.

For instance the RQE at the State Hunt

This year there isn't one. You will gain a few entries cause the fee is cheaper, but you will loose a few cause that is why they came.

OR the Show Me Show Down

It was decided to make it a non sanctioined hunt, and still charge $40.00 for an entry fee.

Why would people want to pay $40.00 entry in a hunt where they get no win on their dog and win a couple hundred dollars worth of prizes, when they can put another $10 with their entry get in a $50 PKC and have the potential to win a couple hundred cash plus money on their dog, or a $15 UKC somewhere and gain a win towards Nite Ch or Grand.

**'PR' JR'S SHOW ME BLACK SIS** Gr Nite Ch Isom'sTimber x Isom's Josie R.I.P.)
**CGN CGCH 'PR' S & JR's Show Me Bella**
**CNC 'PR' O'Neal's Locktite Little River D** (Co-Owned with Russell O'Neal)
(GrNite Ch Gr Ch "PR" Coulter's Timbuktu X Nite Ch Gr Ch CCH "PR" Little River Jessie Jr HTX)
**'PR' Stouts Creek Jessie II** (Gr Nite Ch 'PR' Isom's Show Me Black Timber x Nite Ch Gr Ch 'PR' Little River Jessie Jr HTX)
**'PR' Stouts Creek Gator**
**'PR' Stouts Creek Hooker**
(GrNite Ch Gr Ch "PR" Coulter's Timbuktu X GrNite Ch Gr Ch "PR" Faulkner's Amy)
SHOW YOUR DOGS ON THE TREE
NOT THE BENCH!!!!!

Posted by Wormy on 12-22-2010 08:17 PM:

As far as the RQE Ukc took that from us. Now the State Championship will be a purina points hunt. As far as giving money we tried this and it got voted down several times. But like I said before we can try it again. I really belive we will see a bigger crowd at our Showdown since it is not sanctioned and a bigger crowd at our govenors cup since you dont have to qualify. We will have to wait and see how this works and make changes to it next year as we see fit.

Dempsey’s Whiz Bang
Wipeout Weapon
NtCh 1000 $ Baby

Posted by harry harris on 12-23-2010 02:28 AM:

What if .......

the State Coon Hunters contacted several dog food companies and offered the following... BUY one/two tons of dog food and get one/two donated by the company in exchange for:
- Right to display their banner at State events.
- Full page ad in yearbook and dog food logo on cover.
- Dog food Logo on State website.
This would give you 80 - 160 fifty pound bags of dog food to give away at all the State affiliated club's hunts throughout the year. Top 3 cast winners win a bag of dog food.
You might even be able to get the dog food company to provide 20lb bags and give every cast winner a bag and k & Q of shows.

I think the Showdown and Governor's Cup Hunt should not be sanctioned and reduce the entry fee to $30. and ALL the entry fees should be invested in the prize package. Everything should go back to the hunters, it's their hunt.

I also will submit a proposal for a Cash Reward to the coon club affiliated to the State that has the most participates in state events. See you at the meeting.

636 577-7070

Posted by harry harris on 12-23-2010 05:12 PM:

MISSOURI COON CLUB OFFICERS ......

State and Federation!

This is a great venue to announce events and post the results of your hunts in 2011. Send in your paper work from the hunt and then share the results with fellow Missouri hunters.

Officers of State and Federation ... please use this thread to keep Missouri hunters up to date concerning the Board's meetings. This is your opportunity to keep the hunters informed about your organizations.

YOU WANT HUNTERS TO JOIN ..... TELL THEM WHAT'S HAPPENING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

636 577-7070

Posted by Wormy on 12-24-2010 05:52 PM:

Keep the ideas coming!! This is great!!

Dempsey’s Whiz Bang
Wipeout Weapon
NtCh 1000 $ Baby

Posted by smokin-1-mo on 12-25-2010 05:34 AM:

Who Are the officers
For 2011

Posted by Wormy on 12-25-2010 05:08 PM:

Chuck the annual meeting is the last saturday in January thats when the election of officers takes place. Come cast your vote!!

Dempsey’s Whiz Bang
Wipeout Weapon
NtCh 1000 $ Baby

Posted by Wormy on 12-26-2010 08:07 PM:

up

Dempsey’s Whiz Bang
Wipeout Weapon
NtCh 1000 $ Baby

Posted by smokin-1-mo on 12-27-2010 03:31 AM:

Where will it be.....

Posted by Wormy on 12-27-2010 01:47 PM:

Sullivan community center Sullivan MO

Dempsey’s Whiz Bang
Wipeout Weapon
NtCh 1000 $ Baby

Posted by harry harris on 12-27-2010 03:02 PM:

GPS for State Meeting:

830 W. Main St.
Sullivan, Mo.

636 577-7070

Posted by johnsoncreekblu on 12-27-2010 03:36 PM:

I would love to come to the meeting but That's the same weekend as UKC WINTER CLASSIC.

417-848-1631

Posted by AWelch on 12-27-2010 04:15 PM:

idk if this has been said or not but why is the showdown open to anyone, i mean ya your gonna get more people to come but its just gonna be like another hunt. nothing really special about it. IMHO

Posted by Wormy on 12-27-2010 05:29 PM:

The Showdown is NOT open to anyone , you still have to be in the top 64 in the points standing to be eligable to hunt in it.

These questions are good I like for people to understand what goes on in our assn. Keep them coming.

Dempsey’s Whiz Bang
Wipeout Weapon
NtCh 1000 $ Baby

Posted by Travis Brown on 12-27-2010 07:19 PM:

I think the showdown should be UKC rules. Hunters qualify for it by winning in UKC hunts all year and then the final is AKC rules. I don't even know the AKC rules or have my dogs AKC registered.

Home of :
Gr. Nt. Ch. Browns Peggy 4/91-1/02
Gr. Nt. Ch. Browns Little Peg 6/98-3/08
Gr. Nt. Ch. Browns Haley 8/02-11/13
Gr. Nt. Ch. Browns Taylor 3/05-11/17
Gr. Nt. Ch. Browns Rotten 10/08-2/13
Gr. Nt. Ch. Browns Midge 12/10-1/21
Gr. Nt. Ch. Browns Jessie 4/14-
Gr. Nt. Ch. Browns Lilly 5/19-

Posted by Wormy on 12-27-2010 10:12 PM:

The 2011 Showdown will not be sanctioned but will be hunted under UKC nite champion rules.

Dempsey’s Whiz Bang
Wipeout Weapon
NtCh 1000 $ Baby

Posted by jabrown on 12-28-2010 07:12 PM:

Wormy, what was decided on entry fees for the hunt and show for next years gov cup hunt?

Joshua 24:15

Josh Brown
The Barber Shop
Cuba, MO
573-205-1391

Posted by turnersbeagles on 12-29-2010 12:42 AM:

Are we scheduling any hunt tests at any of the local clubs? If we could that would be great.

Posted by Wormy on 12-29-2010 01:11 AM:

We are looking into them none of us really know anything about them.

Dempsey’s Whiz Bang
Wipeout Weapon
NtCh 1000 $ Baby

Posted by harry harris on 12-29-2010 06:19 AM:

We are in the process of talking to Todd Kellam right now. I'm sure we will get some scheduled.
What clubs are willing to host the tests? Also trying to see if the State association could hold some tests.

We need to hear from any hunters that would be interested. Please respond on this thread so UKC can see the interest.

636 577-7070

Posted by JB PITCREW on 12-29-2010 07:58 AM:

Hunt test

I would be interested with 3 dogs and know of about 5 others that would be too.

Home of Previous #1 Reproducing English Coonhound 15.49%
GRNTCH GRCH 'PR' Briar Valley Nite Prowler "semen stored”
GRNTCH CH Dee's Nite Prowling Blitz "semen stored”
'PR' Northridge JoJoe's Blue Thunder
'PR' Northridge Icky’s Old Sandy

ENGLISH HOUNDS SINCE 1969....If you breed for papers instead of traits,You deserve what you end up with...Kelley Stagner

RIP........................................
GRNTCH GRCH Briar Valley Nite Prowler
GRNTCH GRCH Wilcox's Thunder JoJoe
GRNTCH GRCH Northridge Red Loopy
GRNTCH GRCH Northridge JoJo's Feebie
GRNTCH CH Dee's Nite Prowling Blitz
GRNTCH CH Northridge Jo Joe’s Icky

Posted by Wormy on 12-29-2010 03:22 PM:

Josh I belive the gov. cup entry fee was changed but I can not find it in the min. I have Jim looking in to it. I will let you know asap.

Dempsey’s Whiz Bang
Wipeout Weapon
NtCh 1000 $ Baby