UKC Forums
Show all 16 posts from this thread on one page

UKC Forums (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/index.php)
- UKC Coonhounds (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=4)
-- Minnesota Coon Hunters (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/showthread.php?threadid=391163)

Posted by SjReino on 12-07-2010 09:32 PM:

Minnesota Coon Hunters

MINNESOTA COON HUNTERS: Working on gathering info that I can present to the Minnesota State Coon Hunters Association (MNSCHA).

1st Question...... What can MNSCHA do for ALL coon hunters in Minnesota?
- In other words, what would you like to see MNSCHA do, that would be of benefit to all coon hunters in the State. Competition Hunters & Pleasure Hunters Alike.

Please PM or E-mail your suggestions.
Steve Reinhardt
Treasurer - MNSCHA

PR' Rush River Mad Dog Zeke
PR' Rush River Mad Dog Emmy Blue
-Rush River Blue Cindi Lou
-Rush River Reino's Baby

Gone but never forgotten!
GRCH PR' Gruener's Blue Eleanor-Elcie

Posted by max destruction on 12-13-2010 02:40 PM:

Thanks steve!

Posted by Bob Hennessey on 12-13-2010 06:20 PM:

Try for year round season again.

You can't fix STUPID!

Posted by Jim Hill on 12-13-2010 06:31 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by The Seeker
Try for year round season again.

yup ill 2nd this one , not that i will kill alot in summer but its nice to know i can if i got a young dog doing well

Been following these walker dogs since 1983,and love every min of it !!!!

http://minnesotastatecoonhunters.webs.com/

Use SunSpot Lights, so bright its like the sun came out at night !!!

Posted by max destruction on 12-13-2010 06:41 PM:

I agree this needs to be worked on but I think before we work on stuff outside the club,we as a club need to get it together and get things straitned out and in line wich I really think is on its way,some major changes were made that was needed and thinvs are headed in the right direction!

Posted by on 12-13-2010 06:55 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by max destruction
I agree this needs to be worked on but I think before we work on stuff outside the club,we as a club need to get it together and get things straitned out and in line wich I really think is on its way,some major changes were made that was needed and thinvs are headed in the right direction!

Jesse, I agree 100%. Before trying to tackle any of the big issues, MSCHA needs to fix itself and how it operates. Steps are being made to get things moving in the right direction already.

Posted by SjReino on 12-13-2010 08:54 PM:

!

Jesse, Marc
There is no second thought required ... we need to start fixing whats broke internally first. Then we will start addressing other issues.

-Rush River Reino's Baby

Posted by Jim Hill on 12-13-2010 09:58 PM:

quote:

its like any other mass group, you have to get ALL the right people in the right places, i think for the most part it is almost there, but even one bad apple can spoil the whole **** batch

Been following these walker dogs since 1983,and love every min of it !!!!

http://minnesotastatecoonhunters.webs.com/

Use SunSpot Lights, so bright its like the sun came out at night !!!

Posted by hunter105 on 12-15-2010 06:22 PM:

So just curios what plans are in store for your State Assn. Alot of the new ideas never get pursude after they get brought here, we've found that the members want things but do not follow up and help the officers.

Posted by SjReino on 12-15-2010 06:53 PM:

hunter105
As far as plans ... there are so many things that can or could be done .... many ideas have been provided.

As far as "member participation" ... It is my opinion (and it is just that) ... that a good active, organized, productive association will have more "group" participation ... I believe that what happens if an association is not "Active" and "Productive" as a whole, most members will loose interest, and the desire to be involved will diminish. Kind of like "loosing hope".

I feel, and again, this is only my opinion ... that first we need to develope good communication between all members and clubs.

Next we need to establish good basic member "benefits" ... things that coon hunters of all types (competition & pleasure) can benefit from ... people NEED a REASON to be a member.
There has to be a reason which is more than just being able to say ... "I am a member"

PLEASE BE AWARE: There have been a lot of things said here, and other places that may be misconstrued. Remember that officers of the association are "Volunteer" and do not receive any compensation for their efforts. Spare time is difficult to come by, and a lot of the previous officers have had "a lot on their plate" so to speak. I am in NO WAY placing blame for anything on any individual. I am simply trying to make things better for ALL members ... I have the desire, and posess some organizational skills, and ideas which I am trying to implement to make the Minnesota State Coon Hunters Association.... a better one .... I am in NO way saying I can do anything better than anyone else, or fix everything that may be wrong ... I can only say That I will give this venture my best effort.

-Rush River Reino's Baby

Posted by hunter105 on 12-15-2010 07:20 PM:

Good luck with your Assn, I truly hope all hunting organizations succeed you are truly correct members need to be proud of their clubs. It appears from this board, and I am no longer a coon hunter but the anamosity among coon hunters must end. It must just be the competative nature of coon hunters that causes this.I wish your club the best of luck in all your new ventures!

Posted by Larry Emery on 12-16-2010 04:30 AM:

Get wolves off the protected list......

Posted by SjReino on 12-16-2010 03:08 PM:

wolves ...

since there was a hound killed by wolves at a ukc nite hunt this past summer, I think that has been at the top of a lot pf peoples minds.

However ... MNSCHA hardly has the funds available to take on peta and husa

sounds like the usfws is in favor of delisting them in 2011 ... it also sounds like congress is getting involved.

at this time, we can best support the wolf issue efforts by showing our support thrugh our congressmen .... this effort certainly desrves our attention

suggestion has been recorded ... Thank You!

-Rush River Reino's Baby

Posted by SjReino on 12-31-2010 01:14 AM:

ATTENTION!

MNSCHA Now has a Face Book Page ... good info ... We plan to post a lot of information on this page ... Look us up!

http://www.facebook.com/permalink.p..._comment_reply#!/pages/Minnesota-State-Coon-Hunters-Association/182539481774398

Also ... MNSCHA Directors Meeting On Saturday, January 15, 2011 at the Green Isle, MN Sportsmans Club ... 1:00 pm sharp!

-Rush River Reino's Baby

Posted by max destruction on 01-16-2011 09:52 PM:

EXELENT MEETING! Very nice meeting,alota great ideas thrown on the table and everybodys workin together,lets keep it goin and grow,the new officers did a great job!

Posted by on 01-17-2011 03:21 PM:

quote:
EXELENT MEETING! Very nice meeting,alota great ideas thrown on the table and everybodys workin together,lets keep it goin and grow,the new officers did a great job!

I couldn't agree more! As someone who had written off this organization a year or two ago as no longer worth supporting, I walked away from that meeting feeling pretty optimistic about the future.

There is a long road ahead to get the organization where it should be, but things seems to be going the right way. We do need to do something fast though to earn back some of the folks no longer supporting and the many folks that are on the fence.

Can't wait to run some of the ideas and proposals past my club and get they're feedback.