UKC Forums
Show all 9 posts from this thread on one page

UKC Forums (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/index.php)
- UKC Coonhounds (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=4)
-- Breed standard/ Plott (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/showthread.php?threadid=928524807)

Posted by Pat Miltons on 12-03-2019 06:23 PM:

Breed standard/ Plott

Is it true the breed standard regarding color/marking has changed so that ukc will be able to register buckskins, solid blacks and such?

Posted by Autumn Clements on 12-03-2019 08:21 PM:

Yes

'PR'LEAD'S MIDNITE SASSY
CFC CH Canadian GCH Multi Group Placing MBPIG BBPIG LEGACYK STANNYFIELD PRIME TIME (AKC & UKC Pointed)
BPIG MBBPIG WINDAMIRS RED LIGHT DISTRICT V AMBERLANE
LEGACYK DARE TO DREAM V CBLUES
LEGACYK WHITE AS A GHOST V CBLUES

Gone but not forgotten
GRNITECH GRCH PKC CH'PR'CLEMENTS' BLUE PRANCER

GRNITECH GRCH'PR'SPIKE'S TWILITE HOOKER
'PR'PRANCER'S GETTIN DOWN N DIRTY (PrancerxHooker)
NITECH CH’PR’BUELL’S BLUE ROCKY(Whitey x Spice)

CKC BBPIG MARIES BABY BREEZE

Posted by Al Medcalf on 12-03-2019 08:39 PM:

ABOUT TIME!!!!!!!

Posted by tntelkhntr on 12-03-2019 11:42 PM:

The new breed standards for plotts is getting pretty vague. What I saw in the new posting there was no standard for ears or back, I guess so they can have roach backed black walker looking dogs.

Posted by mulerider on 12-04-2019 12:28 AM:

Tntlkhntr go back and read the whole standard. It does talk about ears and back. No roaching backs

Posted by thomasg on 12-06-2019 01:27 PM:

Re: Breed standard/ Plott

quote:
Originally posted by Pat Miltons
Is it true the breed standard regarding color/marking has changed so that ukc will be able to register buckskins, solid blacks and such?
would breeding a solid black to a buckskin result in brindle pups?i have heard some breeders kept a buckskin they used in their breeding program secretly to keep them from becoming the solid black color . a breeder of English hounds told me every 3rd generation or so to keep the dark red color he fancied he had to breed to a dog that was dark bluetick to keep them how he fancied them . did plot men do the same with buckskins ?

Posted by Bruce m. Conkey on 12-06-2019 01:59 PM:

One of the best dogs I every owned was a Buckskin Plott back in the 60's. I followed the rules and didn't register him. There was a grade class back that I could hunt him in. I understand people trying to control the standards of a breed. But I think eliminating the Buckskin Plott from being registered was not something that benefited the Plott Breed.
Sorry if I offend and Plott Loyalist. Just my feelings on the subject and one that probably should have been kept to myself.

Posted by gpent24 on 12-06-2019 08:34 PM:

Re: .

quote:
Originally posted by Bruce m. Conkey
One of the best dogs I every owned was a Buckskin Plott back in the 60's. I followed the rules and didn't register him. There was a grade class back that I could hunt him in. I understand people trying to control the standards of a breed. But I think eliminating the Buckskin Plott from being registered was not something that benefited the Plott Breed.
Sorry if I offend and Plott Loyalist. Just my feelings on the subject and one that probably should have been kept to myself.

i had this same back and forth with some guys the other day on facebook. I don't understand how they are going to get mad that they added another shade of acceptable color to the plott. An english dog can be red and white, red ticked, blue ticked, and many colors in the middle. Walkers can be brown and white, tri color, black and white, and the list goes on and on. Why is adding a shade of color into a breed going to diminish the breed. If said dog isn't winning no one is taking their female/male to breed to them anyway.

Posted by treedog69 on 12-07-2019 01:46 AM:

Re: .

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Bruce m. Conkey
[B]One of the best dogs I every owned was a Buckskin Plott back in the 60's. I followed the rules and didn't register him. There was a grade class back that I could hunt him in. I understand people trying to control the standards of a breed. But I think eliminating the Buckskin Plott from being registered was not something that benefited the Plott Breed.
Sorry if I offend and Plott Loyalist. Just my feelings on the subject and one that probably should have been kept to myself. I totally agree and at times u get a high tan colored hound that should be allowed it a color that pure plott genes through