UKC Forums
Show all 17 posts from this thread on one page

UKC Forums (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/index.php)
- UKC Coonhounds (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=4)
-- Any ever had this?? (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/showthread.php?threadid=928535691)

Posted by Vernon Dalton on 01-03-2021 12:08 AM:

Any ever had this??

Got a 4 month old pup that I noticed a couple of weeks ago falling more than normal. Sometimes he’ll just tumble down like a clumsy pup. But now he’s got to falling when he stands up on the side of the kennel or just walking/running in the kennel. Today I was walking him in the woods and he fell and could not get up. When he finally was able to get up he was really wobbly and fell a couple more time in a distance of around 10 feet. He finally was able to walk but was unstable. Doesn’t act like he’s having seizures just lays there kind of sickly till it wears off. Just acts like he’s so weak he can’t stand on front or rear legs. Has a good appetite and looks healthy. Would hip dysplasia cause this? Any help would be appreciated.

Posted by Jack Bingham on 01-03-2021 01:01 AM:

I would say he's having mini seizures.

A screw up on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part.

HOME OF

GRNitech PKC Platinum CH PR Mosquito Creek Danno's Buggs 2018 American Redbone Champion. 2019 World Champion Female. 2020 PURINA NATIONALS CH.

GRNITE CH Mosquito Creek Hank 2020 top 100

NITE CH SILVER CH Jersey Girl 2020 Top 100

GRNITE CH SILVER CH. Wipeout Small Pox 2020 Top 100

NITECH River Valley Rain

R.I.P.
GRNitech PKC CH GRCH Awesome Mosquito Crk. Lick 2016 World Champion Redbone Female

R.I.P.
DUAL GRAND PR ANDREWS MOSQUITO CREEK GO MAN SAM DNA-P

R.I.P.
GRNITECH PR Thunder creek Squeller 2cast wins NRCA. 4 cast wins AKC qualified for AKC 2009,2010,2011 world hunt. Qualified for 2008,2009 and 2010 UKC worlds. World Finalist at the 2010 UKC Worlds. Money won in PKC

R.I.P. NITECH PR Faith's Image ( 3-UKC 1st) cast win at NRCA 6TH AT ARCA Money won in PKC

Look us up on Facebook: Mosquito Creek Redbones

Posted by Kcmo on 01-03-2021 01:29 AM:

Had a buddy that had a beagle do this .he changed dog food and it was better

Posted by Vernon Dalton on 01-03-2021 02:29 AM:

Today was the worst episode and I actually thought it could be seizures. He just didn’t have the slobbering or jerking but I’m sure mini seizures are not as hard.My hunting buddy mentioned changing his food.

Posted by pinehillkennels on 01-03-2021 02:03 PM:

Could be his sugar , I had one like that .

Posted by benderb4 on 01-03-2021 03:52 PM:

COULD BE A Vitamin deficiency. Brother in law had a female that had just whelped . She started falling over unable to walk. Took to vet. Can't remember what vitamin but vet prescribed and gave a booster hit shot and she was fine then after. Should probably get to a vet for blood work

TRUTH IS TREASON IN AN EMPIRE OF LIES...G. Orwell
DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING THE GOVERNMENT TELLS YOU...G. Carlin
ONLY THOSE WHO HAVE SOMETHING TO HIDE WORK RELENTLESSLY TO CENSOR THOSE WHO SPEAK THE TRUTH...Ron DeSantis

Posted by Jack Bingham on 01-03-2021 04:58 PM:

A guy called me last night wanted me to post this for you. he said look up (grey mouth disease) he said his dog was doing the same thing it only lasted a couple of weeks.

HOME OF

GRNitech PKC Platinum CH PR Mosquito Creek Danno's Buggs 2018 American Redbone Champion. 2019 World Champion Female. 2020 PURINA NATIONALS CH.

NITECH River Valley Rain

R.I.P.
GRNitech PKC CH GRCH Awesome Mosquito Crk. Lick 2016 World Champion Redbone Female

R.I.P.

R.I.P.
GRNITECH PR Thunder creek Squeller 2cast wins NRCA. 4 cast wins AKC qualified for AKC 2009,2010,2011 world hunt. Qualified for 2008,2009 and 2010 UKC worlds. World Finalist at the 2010 UKC Worlds. Money won in PKC

R.I.P. NITECH PR Faith's Image ( 3-UKC 1st) cast win at NRCA 6TH AT ARCA Money won in PKC

Posted by critter on 01-03-2021 07:05 PM:

Take to

VEY VET VET!

Posted by Vernon Dalton on 01-03-2021 07:06 PM:

Thanks Jack; I have tried to look this up and don’t really find anything that is actually call grey mouth disease. Could there be another name for it? Did he happen to say if it was contagious? Sure don’t want my other dog infected!! As of now I have changed his feed, gave him a good worming and started him on vitamins. I’ve been hunting for 40+ years and had several pups but never one like this.

Posted by BILL HUBBARD on 01-03-2021 08:06 PM:

ear

Check and see if he has a ear infection

Posted by Jack Bingham on 01-03-2021 11:33 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by Vernon Dalton
Thanks Jack; I have tried to look this up and don’t really find anything that is actually call grey mouth disease. Could there be another name for it? Did he happen to say if it was contagious? Sure don’t want my other dog infected!! As of now I have changed his feed, gave him a good worming and started him on vitamins. I’ve been hunting for 40+ years and had several pups but never one like this.

Vestibular syndrome is what it's called. Gray or mousey colored pups are subject to get it for some reason
Last about 3 weeks usually, however some have symptoms for life

HOME OF

NITECH River Valley Rain

R.I.P.

R.I.P.

R.I.P.

Posted by Josh Michaelis on 01-04-2021 12:08 AM:

Look up k9 exercise induced collapse.

I've seen it in retrievers a few times.

Posted by Vernon Dalton on 01-04-2021 12:54 AM:

Vestibular syndrome is what it's called. Gray or mousey colored pups are subject to get it for some reason
Last about 3 weeks usually, however some have symptoms for life:

Ok, I’ve looked this up and symptoms are exactly what he has. Hopefully this is just a one time thing. I’ll give him a few days and see if it seems to go away more. His ears looks good, but I cleaned them good and put some drops in them. I’ve got pretty high hopes for this pup. After all, he is some of the older bloodline of red dogs that I’ve hunted for several years. Thanks to all that responded with advice. I’ll keep you posted.

Posted by Jack Bingham on 01-04-2021 02:40 AM:

What's your pup out of

HOME OF

NITECH River Valley Rain

R.I.P.

R.I.P.

R.I.P.

Posted by Vernon Dalton on 01-04-2021 02:57 AM:

What's your pup out of:

He’s out of a Yellow River bred female and Johnny Coffeman’s Tuck dog. I probably just messed up, I just sold a 14 month old red female that was just started.. but that’s what happens when you price one😊

Posted by arachyd on 01-14-2021 11:40 PM:

It's sometimes called grey mouth because it tends to affect older dogs going grey in the muzzle but can happen at any age. Hopefully yours will be ok and get over it.

Posted by Vernon Dalton on 01-15-2021 01:59 AM:

Is there a treatment for this or does it just goes away with time? He’s still about the same. Eats great, not lost any weight and acts perfectly fine except for his balance.