UKC Forums
Show all 14 posts from this thread on one page

UKC Forums (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/index.php)
- Off Topic (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=53)
-- Where the hell did they go? (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/showthread.php?threadid=928535993)

Posted by Treeingwalkers on 01-13-2021 12:21 PM:

Where the hell did they go?

Been trapping now for 3 weeks with live traps...using the best bait from commercial to homemade...tuna in oil...sardines in oil, smoked oysters.. mix it all up..honeybuns...vanilla extract..strawberry jelly and peanut butter...Snickers bar.. absolutely nothing!!!!... It's like there ain't no coons in 20 Miles
Can someone please help?

Posted by Driftwoodblue on 01-13-2021 01:06 PM:

Nice

very nice to see something here that is not negative!

Coon will move to where the natural feed is. Around here there was no hackberries. the acorns are about all ate up by deer and other critters.
the farmers have went to working the fields very soon after harvest to capture what little moisture that comes in the winter the last few years. fins a corn field that has not been worked up and you will find where the coon went..
may be different where you live

Posted by Bob Hennessey on 01-13-2021 05:25 PM:

If your coon are starting or in RUT they aren't interested in food.

You can't fix STUPID!

Posted by benderb4 on 01-13-2021 06:33 PM:

Don't know what state you are in but I have not seen any kitten coon in 3 years. All the coon I have took/treed are adults .Few of us been discussing this and suspect that rabies vaccine they been dumping in many states is the culprit. Maybe they are putting something in there IDK

TRUTH IS TREASON IN AN EMPIRE OF LIES...G. Orwell
DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING THE GOVERNMENT TELLS YOU...G. Carlin
ONLY THOSE WHO HAVE SOMETHING TO HIDE WORK RELENTLESSLY TO CENSOR THOSE WHO SPEAK THE TRUTH...Ron DeSantis

Posted by Treeingwalkers on 01-14-2021 12:01 AM:

Coon disappeared?

I'm in Southwest va.... Last year we were treeing den trees around this time and 4 out of 4 times when the dogs treed,
There were always more than one in the tree and heck you could see em coming up out of the den tree...it was wild..but this year.
Early in Nov we had good success...from dec on though,
Absolutely nothing..

Posted by Treeingwalkers on 01-14-2021 12:03 AM:

Coon disappeared?

I'd like to say THANK YOU to all you good folks that replied back to me..i am appreciative.

Posted by groworg1 on 01-14-2021 12:11 AM:

the rut should start in the next few weeks you should have some luck then

Posted by benderb4 on 01-14-2021 01:32 AM:

Re: Coon disappeared?

quote:
Originally posted by Treeingwalkers
I'm in Southwest va.... Last year we were treeing den trees around this time and 4 out of 4 times when the dogs treed,
There were always more than one in the tree and heck you could see em coming up out of the den tree...it was wild..but this year.
Early in Nov we had good success...from dec on though,
Absolutely nothing..

Yep Virginia is one of the states they are dropping the rabies vaccine. Many there like you have experienced a harder time hitting tracks.And coon disappearing.
Mixed success in that area Tracks already can be tough in certain parts
of that area...and I believe the increases coyote population may be playing some part. They will catch and kill the coon Adults too

ONLY THOSE WHO HAVE SOMETHING TO HIDE WORK RELENTLESSLY TO CENSOR THOSE WHO SPEAK THE TRUTH...Ron DeSantis

Posted by Treeingwalkers on 01-14-2021 04:09 AM:

Exclamation Coon disappeared?

I knew the DNR was doing it, they had a write-up in the local paper
But I had no idea that what your describing was happening.
Wow!..well now I know that my two walker pups are actually good hounds and it's not thier fault if they can't tree em up.
I have trained them to no end..hours and hours...whew, that makes me sleep easy now..lol

Posted by Treeingwalkers on 01-14-2021 04:12 AM:

Coon disappeared?

Would you be kind enough to explain the connection between the rabies vaccine and the coon population please?

Posted by benderb4 on 01-14-2021 04:21 PM:

Only supposition that bunch of us think there is more then Rabies vaccine going into those bait pellets they are using or it is what is causing the problem somehow. Like I said No kittens . Something is up. We saw a litter one mind you this past summer with mom. She was raising a litter(4) in a tree only several feet from a back road. Threw corn and dog feed nearby. They have long since disappeared. Never have seen or treed this litter since.
I got a dog with a pretty decent nose so I have no trouble getting a track struck.
You might think about posting this question on the main board. Will probably get lots more opinions and help

Posted by Treeingwalkers on 01-15-2021 08:35 AM:

Cool Coon disappeared?

Ok if the coons are disappearing? How do we know that our hounds may not ingest some of this crap and die?
Serious question. Reason being is me and my two boys are really close, they know I love them and I know they love me
If something were to ever happen to one of my boys
It would literally destroy me

Posted by benderb4 on 01-15-2021 01:11 PM:

suppose to be safe.. I have never happened on any but know guys that have. Only can tell you what I have heard . No first hand knowledge. Coon have to actually bite into the dropped packets to get vaccine. I read some where that it is made to only be attractive to coon. Cna't say .

Posted by Treeingwalkers on 01-15-2021 11:13 PM:

Coon disappeared?

Oh, ok, was thinking about getting my big boy out but the temp is dropping and snow is starting to fly