UKC Forums Pages (2): [1] 2 »
Show all 26 posts from this thread on one page

UKC Forums (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/index.php)
- UKC Coonhounds (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=4)
-- From this to THAT! (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/showthread.php?threadid=326984)

Posted by jculler8 on 01-19-2010 05:18 AM:

From this to THAT!

The other nite I was out with my female Belle and she treed a coon in a tree in which I shot her 1st "kill" season coon out to her in. That doesn't happen around here a whole lot and it got me to thinking and lookin at some old pictures.

I went coon hunting for my 1st time 22 years ago when I was 4 or 5 years old with my grandpa and I was hooked ever since! I never had my own dogs and it was always a dream until these 2 came along a little over 3 years ago. I wanted to wait until I had the time, money, and age to "do it right". Or atleast give my dogs the best shot! lol.

I've had my two littermate dogs Beau and Belle goin on 4 years now and have had them since they were pups at 5 months old. They aren't out of anything particularly special, just coon dogs. I remember training them when they were young in the snow this time of year. I looked up this picture...

I thought of how much I have learned not only from fellow coonhunters and friends, but my dogs as well. All the way from pleasure hunting to world hunts across states I'd prolly never spend time in much if it weren't for my dogs. I have won at hunts I would've never DREAMED I would've won when I got my own dogs! I have also made some really great friends along the way and have been treated well by men I have never met in person before!

All on account of dogs and this AWESOME sport!
My dogs and I have made it a long way and I am HAPPY with what I got and put into them! Both will tree a coon any nite on their own, or with company and make it FUN every nite! Tonight I hunted the 1st place I ever went.

I hunted their for 4 hours tonight. Almost 10 miles on the dog and over 5 on me! lol Only treed 2 coon, but had a heck of a time doing it! Along the way I just thought, "WOW, look how far they have came?!?!"

Here's a picture of that tree Belle treed her 1st "kill season" coon in:

Here's a picture of Beau treed tonight on the river bottom where my grandpa took me on my 1st hunt:

So I guess this is an AMEN to my dogs and OUR sport!

HOME OF

PKC CH GRNITECH GRCH 'PR' OAKS POINT COON BUSTIN' BELLE HTX 2013 UKC Top 100 (May 2006-January 2017)

'PR' OAKS POINT STRIKE-EM OUT BEAU (May 2006-June 2016)

PKC CH NITECH GRCH 'PR' COON BUSTIN' WHITE STUFF

CH 'PR' GOLD RUSH EXPO

'PR' BLACK KNIGHT'S BALU JETTA (May 2013-October 2015)

CH 'PR' CHERRY CREEK XBOX 2016 Treeing Walker Days King of Show

Posted by tra_cline on 01-19-2010 05:39 AM:

good post, i enjoyed reading it alot!

Posted by EerieEyes on 01-19-2010 05:40 AM:

love the story, and always nice to see before/after photos beau was a cute pup and now a super handsome dog! yea, im a fan. lol

GRCH FCH CA CCH 'PR' Jebb's Bayou Rage
2010 & 2015 World Qualified

GRCH 'PR' Hannas Creek Liz

'PR' Midnight Brindle Bombshell

GRCH CCH 'PR' Skyplott Teddy Bearhug (May 2004 - March 2014)

Posted by jculler8 on 01-19-2010 05:41 AM:

Thanks for the kind words! Time for bed! 530 comes quick!

HOME OF

PKC CH GRNITECH GRCH 'PR' OAKS POINT COON BUSTIN' BELLE HTX 2013 UKC Top 100 (May 2006-January 2017)

CH 'PR' GOLD RUSH EXPO

Posted by David Boggs on 01-19-2010 07:08 AM:

good picters

and i loved reading your post aney night you tree a coon or 2 or how maney it will always be good to here your hounds with the meat.keep having fun,david

Posted by opie on 01-19-2010 09:15 AM:

The fact of the matter is,,,,, IT JUST DONT GET ANY BETTER THAN THAT!!! CONGRATS

Posted by PlottChaser on 01-19-2010 11:18 AM:

Yeah, it's gooooood stuff! Way to go and keep em treed!

Hunting is one of those pleasures that you won't understand if you have to have it explained, which is good because folks who enjoy it can't fully explain why. -Ron Spomer

Posted by DarkMan on 01-19-2010 11:56 AM:

nice

Man great pics and what a thread,keep up the good work

Posted by Chappy on 01-19-2010 07:10 PM:

BEST THREAD I'VE SEEN IN A LONG TIME.

Posted by CoonBusterWV on 01-19-2010 07:58 PM:

Awesome post man. Cant wait for that Wrangler x Belle pup!

Posted by Steffan Kichta on 01-19-2010 10:23 PM:

Good post.......

Posted by jculler8 on 01-19-2010 10:29 PM:

Thanks guys! Go ahead and post some good stories you may have! Lets keep this one goin!!!

HOME OF

CH 'PR' GOLD RUSH EXPO

Posted by jculler8 on 01-31-2010 03:20 PM:

HOME OF

CH 'PR' GOLD RUSH EXPO

Posted by jculler8 on 03-30-2010 10:46 PM:

It's been a while since I looked at this thread and figured I'd update it some!

I ended up getting Belle bred to the Wrangler dog in TN to get a pup out of her...

She had 6 females and 2 males! All great lookin pups and here are some pics! They are 7 weeks old today!

(I think this pic is funny with the look she's got on her face! LOL)

Belle treed with some of my students and football players from school where I teach! The dog did a nice job and the boys had a blast!

HOME OF

CH 'PR' GOLD RUSH EXPO

Posted by on 03-31-2010 12:45 AM:

Nice thread and really nice looking litter of pups!

Posted by Sheriff Andy on 03-31-2010 01:33 AM:

beautiful pups. is wrangler throwing coon dogs?

I miss Mayberry,
where everythings in black and white.
and tan.

Posted by jculler8 on 09-12-2010 08:19 PM:

I ended up keeping 2 pups from this litter. They just turned 7 months old last Thursday and have been hitting the timber since 10 weeks old! They are showing a lot of interest in the woods and I look forward to getting them going! They just have a little bit of growing up to do! All of the other pups from the litter are showing promise as well!

This is Mary

This is White Stuff

I had them at the vet for a check up last week and Mary weighed in at 66lb. and White weighed in at 56lb! I can remember the last time I had them there at 7 weeks old and they weighed right around 12lb.!

HOME OF

CH 'PR' GOLD RUSH EXPO

Posted by Sheriff Andy on 09-14-2010 03:37 AM:

they are some good lookers

I miss Mayberry,
where everythings in black and white.
and tan.

Posted by jculler8 on 09-14-2010 04:03 AM:

quote:
Originally posted by Sheriff Andy
they are some good lookers

Thanks! Been hittin the woods hard with them! Can't wait til they get rollin!!!

HOME OF

CH 'PR' GOLD RUSH EXPO

Posted by Ringer3 Kennels on 09-14-2010 06:44 AM:

Joe..your post brought tears to my eyes. I can feel your joy and your love for the sport and your hounds. I've commented on your pictures on facebook before but I'll tell ya again..I love those two pups you kept!! Keep em treed and enjoy hearing updates! Thank you for sharing such a wonderful story. I hope one day I have something equally awesome to tell. 3 years in I just got my own coondog that I've trained so we shall see what happens :-) Good luck to you in future hunts!!!

Miss Ryann McMurray
740-656-2196 call/text
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Walkers
AKC Supreme Grand Champion, UKC GRCH Ringer3's Million Dollar Baby (2014 AKC Kentucky State Female and 2014 AKC Ohio State Female).

CH Ringer3's Layback Star Struck

GRCH Ringer3's Layback Blastin BB

Ringer3's History's Been Made
Ringer3's Made Of Millions

The English
Ringer3's Briar Creek Goldnrod

The Beagles
Ringer3's Radiant Ruby

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Close only counts in HORSESHOES and hand grenades!

Posted by Geminite on 09-14-2010 07:34 AM:

Joe, gotta love that ol' White!! Man she's pretty!

You're fortunate that you still have the pair of hounds that you started out with, that's awesome!!

Kellie and I started out 5 years ago this summer. We've went through several dogs before finding a few good ones, but we've met countless friends during the process! Here are a few pics of our early days...

My first dog, Gem. I raised her from a 6 week old pup. She'd run and tree a coon, but just a true pleasure dog. Kept her till she turned 4, now she's making some bear hunters happy. This pic is one of hers, and my, first training sessions. lol.

This is our first pair of Plotts, Jack and Boone, they were littermates. Called 'em the bash brothers lol. They are now bear dogs in Wisconsin.

I'm sure some will recognize the fellas in this pic, lol. If not, and ya need a clue, they're twins. lol.

Jebb, my first coondog. Ahhh, where would I be without him? He taught me so much about what a coondog should be. Also got me a good start in the hunts. This is a pic of him on one of the first trees we made with him soon after we got him.

Dawn, Kellie's first coondog. It's unbelieveable how many people we've met through this dog, and all the doors that she has opened for Kellie. They're an inseperable team. This pic is also of their early days together. Or should I say nights. lol.

Home of:
CH Crystal Springs Dear Darla
Crystal Creeks Dizzy Spell

Proud Handler of:
GRNITECH CH PR Jamie's Trashy Big John
NITECH PR Lifeways Fire Cracker

In Fond Memory of:
NITECH CH PR Jamie's Trashy Hightech Redneck
GRNITECH GRCH PR Morgan's Losses Hills Dawn
GRCH PR Wilkinson's Jebb
NITECH CH PR Gimme Three Steps Mister

Posted by Steffan Kichta on 09-14-2010 01:07 PM:

Good post Danielle.......Good thread......

Posted by Geminite on 09-14-2010 03:22 PM:

I figured I'd also post Kellie's success with her Rebel dog. She raised her up from a small puppy and now she's coondog through and through. Such an accomplishment (in my opinion) to raise a dog from a pup and see it figure everything out and watch it grow into a coondog.

Home of:

Proud Handler of:

In Fond Memory of:
GRCH PR Wilkinson's Jebb

Posted by jculler8 on 09-15-2010 03:04 AM:

quote:
Originally posted by Ringer3 Kennels
Joe..your post brought tears to my eyes. I can feel your joy and your love for the sport and your hounds. I've commented on your pictures on facebook before but I'll tell ya again..I love those two pups you kept!! Keep em treed and enjoy hearing updates! Thank you for sharing such a wonderful story. I hope one day I have something equally awesome to tell. 3 years in I just got my own coondog that I've trained so we shall see what happens :-) Good luck to you in future hunts!!!

Danielle,

It's really cool to have people like you, your sister, Wes and all of his friends who hunt around! I come to Ohio to hunt so much because there aren't as many young people like us who hunt as hard as we do around my parts! I enjoy sharing the stories at the hunts and posting about the hounds to each other over the net! It's really cool to have people the same age to compete against, but also share the stories and experiences with! I hope we can bring more young people into the sport and revitalize it! Let's work as a team to show the younger generation that getting your own hound and training it to become a true coondog from start to finish can be done with a solid committment of time and patience! Let's keep this thing going and hopefully someday one of us young'ins can make it to the winner's circle at the BIG DANCE!

Take care and the best of luck to you at the zones with mister this weekend!!!

HOME OF

CH 'PR' GOLD RUSH EXPO

Posted by Geminite on 09-15-2010 08:48 PM:

Thanks Joe!! I agree with every word, if we all keep hunting it will set a really good example for the next young generation.

Home of:

Proud Handler of:

In Fond Memory of:
GRCH PR Wilkinson's Jebb