UKC Forums Pages (2): [1] 2 »
Show all 46 posts from this thread on one page

UKC Forums (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/index.php)
- UKC Coonhounds (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=4)
-- Dog Missing in Cookeville, TN! (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/showthread.php?threadid=210383)

Posted by anscox on 05-19-2008 06:19 AM:

Dog Missing in Cookeville, TN!

We need help locating a female walker hound that was lost between 12:30am-1am Saturday May 17th in Cookeville, TN.

This female was wearing a leather collar with name and phone number on it, as well as an orange tracker collar with a brass name plate. She was treed and bawling her head off when she suddenly went quiet. Tracker signal was lost soon afterward. After four hours of searching the area last night, and all day today, still no sign of her.

She was hunting in the Poplar Grove Rd/ Falling Water Rd. area on Buck Mtn. between Cookeville and Monterey. She was on our families land. All of the neighbors in the surrounding area were contacted today and no one has seen her.

This female is a friends dog on loan as a pup trainer, I'll try to get pictures and a better description of her tomorrow. She is black and white, with some open spots on her back. Smaller size girl, probably weighs 40-45 pounds. Answers to the name Jodi.

If anyone has found her or know's of someone sporting a new female walker please let us know! No questions asked, we just want her back!!

You can call us at 931-526-4553 or my cell at 931-239-2960.

THANKS!

CH 'PR' Cox's Absolute Envy
CH 'PR' White Liar's Just A Digit
Hillbilly Bones

Gone but Not Forgotten:
CH 'PR' Cox's Sweet Mountain Magic 2005-2010

Posted by Wipeoutfan on 05-19-2008 11:24 AM:

There was a dog stolen in that same area a few months ago and the thief was caught., he is from that area as well. There was a post about it on coondawgs.com

Carl Smith of Hilham may be able to tell you the name nof the thief so he can be checked.

Coma's Flatrock Lady

"gas prices arent too high....they just rose too quickly"Barak Hussein Obama 6-10-08

"We have to slow the American economy down to fight global warming" Bill Clinton

Posted by wvhounds on 05-19-2008 11:44 AM:

we had one missing/stolen in that same area as well a few months ago, never heard anymore from him.......

WILDFIRE
If your dog is fat,you aren't getting enuff exercise!

Posted by anscox on 05-19-2008 03:46 PM:

We sure are hoping she's just out having a good time and will return on her own... sure just doesn't feel that way though. She has NEVER ran off before and gives us no reason to feel like that is the case. She hunts deep, but comes back when she's called.

Just a little weird how it happened, just got quiet real fast, and her collar no longer had a signal. She is wearing TWO ID tags so it's hard to believe someone would have just saw her out, picked her up, and wouldn't call if it was just a concerned citizen.

At this point, we're fearing we won't find her. I'm about to head out to look again, we've had some e-mails and pm's as well from others in our area seeing this on here and on local ad's we posted saying their dogs have gone missing as well in the last few weeks, that's not the news I was hoping to hear!

Still, how many dog thief's are on private land in the middle of no where at 12 am?

Hillbilly Bones

Gone but Not Forgotten:

Posted by Gary Simmons on 05-19-2008 04:55 PM:

i know how you feel on this. i was hunting a dog for wvhounds aka eric hardy the dogs were running and all of a sudden they just shut up and after a bit 2 of the dogs came back in and the one i was hunting for eric never heard anything else . tracker never picked up . i always check the collars before i put them on the dogs and just put new batteries in them. i was hunting on a ladies farm i work with and had family land close by. they never saw any sign of him. i looked for the longest then one day i went up a different way about 2 or 3 weeks later and just happen to look over in the ditch and i saw a dog collar in the ditch and it was my collar . i checked with some that sold dog and checked at the flea markets too to see if i might find him and haven't yet . i'm still looking . the place i was hunting was called brymer mtn in spencer or van buren co. i wish you the best of luck in finding her if i can be of any help let me know . gary simmons

Home Of
PR: Nt Ch Gr Ch Brown's Ellie Mae Clampett RIP
PR: Cross Creek Hester Sue RIP
PR: Cross Creek Big Game Thunder

Posted by anscox on 05-19-2008 05:24 PM:

Thanks Gary!

We got a lead today on a man who is known to pick up dogs and sell them.
Sure hope something turns up in the next few days, with each day that goes by the chances sure go down of finding them. Had one disappear last November that another man was hunting, he didn't have a tracker on that one though.

Makes it so much worse that it wasn't our dog, that would be bad enough. But that is not a phone call I want to EVER have to make again!

Doesn't look like her owner or us ever thought to take a picture of her. Sure could kick myself for that. But I would DEFINITELY be able to identify her from a mile away.

Hillbilly Bones

Gone but Not Forgotten:

Posted by chellesboys on 05-19-2008 05:34 PM:

good luck finding her.

Home of the UKC's Most Titled Coonhound
URO2 GRFCH GRWCH FO NITECH CCH GRCH
'PR' Chelle's Heartstop'n Spot "Adonis" HTX (TW)
aka "The Baroo Dog"

URO1 GRFCH CGRCH GRCH 'PR' Chelle's Heartstop'n Rocket Man "Rocket" (TW)
CH PR' Chelle's Heartstop'n Fly Me Courageous "Apollo" (TW)
ZigZag Swag in Mtn Black (feist)

FO GRFCH GRCH 'PR' Chelle's Swash Buckler "Porthos" (RED)
(11/21/95-05/30/09 ~ always & forever, my one)

Posted by anscox on 05-19-2008 10:31 PM:

My shifts over... no sign of her.

Hubby's out now with the owner searching. If anybody even THINKS they may have seen this girl please pm or call, don't even have to give your name. Just tell us what you know.

Hillbilly Bones

Gone but Not Forgotten:

Posted by tx slick tree on 05-20-2008 01:26 AM:

you folks hunting in that area need to keep up and stay close to yalls dogs. instead of sitting back and listening to them yall need to stay as close as yall can and keep your lights off and a good club handy.

Posted by anscox on 05-20-2008 02:22 AM:

tx slick tree...

I don't think you've ever hunted this area or you would know how impossible that is! A 4-wheeler wouldn't even help, can't get it in there. We stay as close as our two legs will let us keep up, these dogs are so much faster on rough terrain it's just not possible.

Keep a gun handy and have trackers on all of them.

--------------------------------------------

Hillbilly Bones

Gone but Not Forgotten:

Posted by anscox on 05-20-2008 02:40 AM:

Think we know...

what happened. Two days of walking and talking and you find out a lot.

We have reason to believe this female was taken by a neighbor. He may have already sold or traded her locally, or may be planning to in the near future.

We will offer a reward to the first person who gives us information leading to the person in possession of her. Best thing to do if you have taken this female, drop her off where you found her before we find you.

If you believe you may have un-knowingly purchased this female, please contact us. If it is her, we will pay you back. We ask only that you provide the name of the person who sold her to you.

ALSO, as for our other dogs.... no one better take missing from a pen. We have taken steps to insure that anyone trespassing in the vacinity of the kennels will be easily identified. Love modern technology. That, and the in-laws on both sides are good shots.

Hillbilly Bones

Gone but Not Forgotten:

Posted by s/s on 05-20-2008 02:29 PM:

I sure am sorry to hear about this...I hope you find her very soon...

ps....about what we discussed last week..we willl be going....if ya still need me, give me a shout...901-413-5862...what ever time is good for you...

Home of:

ACHA CH AKC CH CSG UKC GRFCH GRWCH GRCH 'PR' TREE RIZIN' T-REX II
At Stud/Private Treaty
2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009 UKC Performance Sire / 2010 AKC Supreme Breeders Sire
2010 #7 UKC Top Ten Redbone Bench Show Dog
2009 Indiana State Youth 1st Line/1st Tree Water Race Champion
2007 Autumn Oaks Champion Redbone Male

WCH GRFCH GRCH 'PR' CRITTER CREEKS ICE ICE BABY
CH 'PR' APPLEBEE'S MAGGIE~Tracker X Ice Baby~owner/handler ZACH WOOD
2012 Missouri Federation Youth Championship Cast winner, 4th Place & Queen of Hunt
2012 Iowa State Youth Best Female of Show
2012 Missouri State Youth High Scoring Redbone
2012 Missouri State Youth Champion Female of Show
2012 Marshall, MO Cast winner, 2nd Place

AKC CSG UKC GRCH 'PR' CRITTER CREEKS SWEET ICE T~Tracker X Ice Baby
2008~Charleston, MS State Championship Champion of Champion Female @ 9 months old
GRCH 'PR' CRITTER CREEKS TRACKER JACK~Tracker X Ice Baby
2008 Mississippi State Over-all Show Champion @ 9 months old
Needed 10 points for WCH @ 14 months old
RIP lil buddy, you were definitely one of a kind and you are truly missed~my heart

AKC CSG UKC FCH GRWCH GRCH 'PR' CRITTER CREEKS BIG RED TRACTOR~Tracker X Ice Baby
AKC CCH UKC CH 'PR' CRITTER CREEKS ROCK STAR~Tracker X Ice Baby
AKC CH UKC CH 'PR' CRITTER CREEKS CRY ME A RIVER~Tracker X Ice Baby
CH'PR' MARVS MULESKINNER ICE BABY RED~Tracker X Ice Baby

AKC CCH ACHA CH UKC GRWCH GRCH 'PR' CRITTER CREEKS SOUTHERN GRACE
CH 'PR' CRITTER CREEKS PHASE II~Tracker X Grace
RIP Hot Dog. I wish I could have a redo with you big guy. Truely sorry you're gone </3

AKC CGW UKC GRWCH 'PR' CC'S SOUTHERN OUTLAW TRACKER~Tracker X Grace
2012 MO Federation High Point Water Race Champion

AKC CH CGCH UKC GRCH 'PR' RIVER RIDGE EYE ON SATURN
2008 #7 UKC Top Ten Redbone Bench Show Dog
AKC CSG UKC WCH GRFCH GRCH 'PR' CRITTERCREEK MOMMAS GOTTA HEMI~Tracker X Saturn
09/2012 Cast win for a 2nd place in her first nite hunt
2012 American Redbone Days Hunting Pairs

WCH CH
'PR' CRITTER CREEKS JOHNNIE ANGEL~Tracker X Saturn
2013 Indiana State Youth 1st Tree Field Trial Champion
CH 'PR' CRITTER CREEKS GIRLS CAN II~Tracker X Saturn

AKC CH CSG UKC GRFCH WCH GRCH 'PR' SECOND EDITIONS MAKING WAVES
2013 UKC Performance Sire
2012 #5 UKC Top Ten Redbone Bench Show Dog
2012 MISSOURI FEDERATION ZONE 8 HIGH POINT BENCH CHAMPION
2012 UKC Performance Sire
2012 Southern Redbone Days/Friday/CHAMPION OF CHAMPIONS/Pairs
2012 Grand American CHAMPION OF CHAMPIONS/Champion Redbone Male
2011 Annual KING & QUEEN Kinder, MO/CHAMPION OF CHAMPIONS
2010 AUTUMN OAKS/Best Senior Redbone Male
2009 NATIONAL REDBONE DAYS/Best Male Of Show
2010 AKC SOUTH CAROLINA STATE CHAMPIONSHIP/Best Male Of Show

Posted by BIGCASTLEDAWGS on 05-20-2008 02:33 PM:

Re: Think we know...

quote:
Originally posted by anscox
what happened. Two days of walking and talking and you find out a lot.

We have reason to believe this female was taken by a neighbor. He may have already sold or traded her locally, or may be planning to in the near future.

We will offer a reward to the first person who gives us information leading to the person in possession of her. Best thing to do if you have taken this female, drop her off where you found her before we find you.

If you believe you may have un-knowingly purchased this female, please contact us. If it is her, we will pay you back. We ask only that you provide the name of the person who sold her to you.

ALSO, as for our other dogs.... no one better take missing from a pen. We have taken steps to insure that anyone trespassing in the vacinity of the kennels will be easily identified. Love modern technology. That, and the in-laws on both sides are good shots.

In this day and age there is NO question security cameras and even strategically placed game cams are a God send.
Hope you get this hound back SOON. AND that the person responsible faces punishment!
Heather

Posted by Ringer3 Kennels on 05-20-2008 05:24 PM:

I hope you get your hound back. Makes me sick to know that there are people out there like that. Even know my hounds are not worth much, they are worth the world to me and we are taking precautions here to insure that nothing happens to our dogs (hounds included). I love modern technology! Keep us posted and we will be thinkin about you!!!

Miss Ryann McMurray
740-656-2196 call/text
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Walkers
AKC Supreme Grand Champion, UKC GRCH Ringer3's Million Dollar Baby (2014 AKC Kentucky State Female and 2014 AKC Ohio State Female).

CH Ringer3's Layback Star Struck

GRCH Ringer3's Layback Blastin BB

Ringer3's History's Been Made
Ringer3's Made Of Millions

The English
Ringer3's Briar Creek Goldnrod

The Beagles
Ringer3's Radiant Ruby

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Close only counts in HORSESHOES and hand grenades!

Posted by anscox on 05-20-2008 11:28 PM:

I was out there again today, had to take the kids so couldn't walk around much. No sign, not surprised by that.
We're almost 100% positive she is no longer in the area. Trying to get in touch with people in all directions now to be looking for her. Hoping someone may start bragging or showing off and word get back to us.

Hillbilly Bones

Gone but Not Forgotten:

Posted by wv blue hunter on 05-21-2008 02:41 AM:

quote:
I was out there again today, had to take the kids so couldn't walk around much. No sign, not surprised by that.
We're almost 100% positive she is no longer in the area. Trying to get in touch with people in all directions now to be looking for her. Hoping someone may start bragging or showing off and word get back to us.

I hope you get the dog back but, I hope even more that you find the thief too. When/if you find the thief, put a shocking collar on him.....and plug it up to 220 volts! That's what all thieves need. Good luck.

Posted by on 05-21-2008 05:34 AM:

you might want to lok on LSN or post her missing on there..i posted eric's harley dog on there but still no luck with findin him

Posted by Geminite on 05-21-2008 05:45 AM:

Best of luck in finding her AND the sorry low down theif who swiped her. Keep us posted!

Home of:
CH Crystal Springs Dear Darla
Crystal Creeks Dizzy Spell

Proud Handler of:
GRNITECH CH PR Jamie's Trashy Big John
NITECH PR Lifeways Fire Cracker

In Fond Memory of:
NITECH CH PR Jamie's Trashy Hightech Redneck
GRNITECH GRCH PR Morgan's Losses Hills Dawn
GRCH PR Wilkinson's Jebb
NITECH CH PR Gimme Three Steps Mister

Posted by tnmountaincoon on 05-21-2008 07:00 AM:

sorry to hear bout your loss. i hunt down there from time to time. good luck finding her.and for any theives out there thats y i carry a gun and im a real good shot

Hard Stroakin Kennels
Josh Parks

Coon and Bear Dogs of the FINEST Kind

Home of:
GR NT CH' PR' Owenbys Rebel Sue
(AKC GR NT CH, PKC CH)
PR' BH MTN Lee's Image
PR' Hard Stroakin Trouble Maker
PR' Lee's Hard Stroakin Meg
PR' Hard Stroakin Jake
PR' Hard Stroakin Bonnie
PR' Hard Strkn Red Lightening Bolt

Gone but never forgotten:
NITE CH 'PR' Hanks Wild Meg
GR CH' PR' Spring Hill Blue Spice
GR NITE CH' PR' Heartbreak Holly

Posted by Wipeoutfan on 05-21-2008 12:10 PM:

Check out this link and see if this is your dog......

http://www.golsn.com/listings/pets-...ogs/385849.html

Coma's Flatrock Lady

"gas prices arent too high....they just rose too quickly"Barak Hussein Obama 6-10-08

"We have to slow the American economy down to fight global warming" Bill Clinton

Posted by gal on 05-21-2008 03:28 PM:

http://www.petfinder.com/petnote/di...?petid=10708097

or the whole list of dogs in that area

http://www.petfinder.com/search/sea...crossville%2Ctn

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion. ~ Unknown

Sometimes we are so busy countin up our troubles that we forget to count our blessings....

Posted by anscox on 05-21-2008 03:35 PM:

Wipeoutfan...

That's one of the first places I looked! That localsalesnetwork link is not her, but the man isn't all that far from us (Crossville) so I've been in contact with him already. He's watching for her. I've really talked to some nice coon hunters lately in our search... I've questioned everyone, but they seem to understand and not be put out by it. They have all said they will be on the look out for her. Only one has seemed at all fishy, and we are keeping an eye on him. He's very close to that area.

All...
You guys are so helpful! If you know of any other links or classified boards to check out please let me know. I'm currently watching coondawgs.com, petfinder, local sales network, UKC, cookeville.com, and our local paper.

Thanks for the help!

Hillbilly Bones

Gone but Not Forgotten:

Posted by Christy on 05-21-2008 03:38 PM:

NEWS YET?

*GRCH NTCH'PR'RB'S Rock River Sid-R.I.P.

*CH'PR'Jet's Tember Shakin Sadie (UKC 2ND)

*Banjo

Independent Consultant for Jamberry Nails!! Check them out!!

Quincy-828-269-8768
OR Christy-828-269-4678---If we dont answer, please leave a message!!!

EVERYTHING happens for a reason.

Posted by Christy on 05-21-2008 03:39 PM:

quote:
Wipeoutfan...

That's one of the first places I looked! That localsalesnetwork link is not her, but the man isn't all that far from us (Crossville) so I've been in contact with him already. He's watching for her. I've really talked to some nice coon hunters lately in our search... I've questioned everyone, but they seem to understand and not be put out by it. They have all said they will be on the look out for her. Only one has seemed at all fishy, and we are keeping an eye on him. He's very close to that area.

All...
You guys are so helpful! If you know of any other links or classified boards to check out please let me know. I'm currently watching coondawgs.com, petfinder, local sales network, UKC, cookeville.com, and our local paper.

Thanks for the help!

ALSO, GO TO www.iwanna.com

THERE ARE ALOT OF DOGS FOR SALE ON THERE.

YOU'LL HAVE TO GO TO THE GENERAL SECTION OF EACH AND LOOK FOR DOGS FOR SALE.

*GRCH NTCH'PR'RB'S Rock River Sid-R.I.P.

*CH'PR'Jet's Tember Shakin Sadie (UKC 2ND)

*Banjo

Independent Consultant for Jamberry Nails!! Check them out!!

Quincy-828-269-8768
OR Christy-828-269-4678---If we dont answer, please leave a message!!!

EVERYTHING happens for a reason.

Posted by Wipeoutfan on 05-21-2008 05:46 PM:

quote:
If you know of any other links or classified boards to check out please let me know. I'm currently watching coondawgs.com, petfinder, local sales network, UKC, cookeville.com, and our local paper.

Thanks for the help!

www.goetsn.com

It is new but gets a lot of views and will soon be advertised on wnox newstalk radio.

Coma's Flatrock Lady