UKC Forums Pages (15): « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »
Show all 365 posts from this thread on one page

UKC Forums (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/index.php)
- UKC Coonhounds (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=4)
-- Most Famous Coonhound (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/showthread.php?threadid=241956)

Posted by C. Beyer on 12-10-2008 08:44 PM:

Dickey's Sandy
BlueBoy II (Jr)
Tapp
Little Joe
Billie Jo

Queen
Chirpee
Flag
House's Lipper

Hammer

Set'em up Ace

Little Ann & Ol' Dan

616-262-2785
Twin Oaks Kennels
SPIKE BEYER, HIS LEGACY LIVES ON!
PR' Twin Oak's CrossCut BoZo R.I.P.
Twin Oak's NextGen. Jewel
**TEAM TIMBER**
COONDOG UP*ENGLISH STYLE*
CoonDog Mafia

Posted by Brandon Eagan on 12-11-2008 03:49 AM:

Re: tough question

quote:
Originally posted by Ben Crocker
Question ask for the greatest coonhound ever, and I will get to (JMO) on that in a second. But those that are changing things around to greatest reproducer, let me give you some facts... yes many want to claim ancestors the reason this famous reproducer lives, you can't look at things that way. A repruducer should not be looked at by his ancestors. Reproducer simply is what that particular dog produced. How can you look past Sackett Jr. Dog lived in the far north/west of Michigan. Not centrally located for the public. The dog dies at the young age of 7 in the prime of his breeding years. A dog that had the world taken by storm, Frank was turning away folks cause he couldn't fit them in Jr's schedule. Yes Rat went crazy with the breedings. Tell me this, would Rat of ever got the chance if JR lived another 5 years...Affraid not folks. There will never be another to take the world by Storm like he did and only live to be 7. Tons of Rats big winners were born after he was 7. Keep that in mind.

Now for the best hound. Stylish Stubby. Those that hunted with him on a regular basis know exactly what I'm talking about. No money to promote this hound like he should of been. John Strickland offered what I was told was close to twenty thousand when Stubby went on a tear a few years back. The boys couldn't bare to see the hound go although the money would of been huge for their families. Mark my words, if Strickland would of got this hound when he tried buying him, and pushed him like the many he has... I strongly believe the sky would of been the limit for this outstanding hound. Sired by the great Stylish Clover.

well said crocker

Posted by ringtail on 12-11-2008 05:34 AM:

the question was........

who was the most "FAMOUS" coonhound......

not the greatest, not the best reproducer, not who won the most hunts, not who sired the most pups, not the most accurate, not who was treeing @ 6 wks old, not this and not that..... who is the most famous (simply name recognition).... I've never heard of several of the dogs listed on here.....

I am going to stick with my original answer: Nailer or House's Lipper.... everybody has heard of these 2 hounds...

I will venture to say that there are more people on this board, who do not know the name of the dog who won the 2008 World Hunt than there is who have never heard of N. Nailer or H's Lipper......

"TREE MY DOG" - NO BETTER FEELING

NAADP Charter Member....... appointed by King Dave himself........

Posted by GRNT Coondawg on 12-11-2008 11:18 PM:

Re: the question was........

quote:
[i]
I will venture to say that there are more people on this board, who do not know the name of the dog who won the 2008 World Hunt than there is who have never heard of N. Nailer or H's Lipper...... [/B]

I would agree 100%

Posted by Maniac on 12-11-2008 11:29 PM:

Re: the question was........

quote:
Originally posted by ringtail
who was the most "FAMOUS" coonhound......

not the greatest, not the best reproducer, not who won the most hunts, not who sired the most pups, not the most accurate, not who was treeing @ 6 wks old, not this and not that..... who is the most famous (simply name recognition).... I've never heard of several of the dogs listed on here.....

I am going to stick with my original answer: Nailer or House's Lipper.... everybody has heard of these 2 hounds...

I will venture to say that there are more people on this board, who do not know the name of the dog who won the 2008 World Hunt than there is who have never heard of N. Nailer or H's Lipper......

WHO WAS NAILOR? WHO WAS HOUSES LIPPER? CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME.

http://i774.photobucket.com/albums/yy24/maniacjr4/SAM_0522.jpg

http://www.hunt101.com/data/500/1619.jpg

IF YOU WANT TO PACK HUNT
BUY YOU A PAIR BEAGLES!

GR NITE CH. HARWOODMANIAC JR 4 # 2 TOP 100 UKC WORLD 2013 OWNER JAY HYDE & DAVID DEPEW

GRNITE CH Hoghill Harwood Kasper
owners Hyde Warlick Leatherman
Qualified for 2013 world Hhunt
OWNER HYDE & WARLICK LEATHERMAN. MY PH 574 306 8438
K-LIGHTS ph.936 767 4965
http://i774.photobucket.com/albums/yy24/maniacjr4/SAM_0734.jpg

Posted by MillsEnglish on 12-11-2008 11:32 PM:

Hands down Lipper. In my hunting era anyway.

Posted by GRNT Coondawg on 12-11-2008 11:33 PM:

Re: Re: the question was........

quote:
Originally posted by Maniac
WHO WAS NAILOR? WHO WAS HOUSES LIPPER? CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME.

Jay,
Who is this Joe House guy???
Or how about this Jess Dickerson?? Is Yadkin River a line of dogs!!?? I thought it was just a river in North Carolina?

Posted by Maniac on 12-11-2008 11:34 PM:

Re: Re: Re: the question was........

quote:
Originally posted by GRNT Coondawg
Jay,
Who is this Joe House guy???
Or how about this Jess Dickerson?? Is Yadkin River a line of dogs!!?? I thought it was just a river in North Carolina?

LOL

http://i774.photobucket.com/albums/yy24/maniacjr4/SAM_0522.jpg

http://www.hunt101.com/data/500/1619.jpg

IF YOU WANT TO PACK HUNT
BUY YOU A PAIR BEAGLES!

GR NITE CH. HARWOODMANIAC JR 4 # 2 TOP 100 UKC WORLD 2013 OWNER JAY HYDE & DAVID DEPEW

GRNITE CH Hoghill Harwood Kasper
owners Hyde Warlick Leatherman
Qualified for 2013 world Hhunt
OWNER HYDE & WARLICK LEATHERMAN. MY PH 574 306 8438
K-LIGHTS ph.936 767 4965
http://i774.photobucket.com/albums/yy24/maniacjr4/SAM_0734.jpg

Posted by gbutler on 12-12-2008 01:19 AM:

The first hound that came to mind was Lipper. But Johnsons Banjo was right behind. And Banjo was way way before my time. So im going to have to go with Banjo because of that. Lippers still pretty close in alot of our hounds, but how many papers still show Banjo? My Grandpa is almost ninety and never hunted walkers, but if you ask him he will still tell you about the time he hunted with Banjo and the way he treed.

Posted by G L Weller on 12-12-2008 05:19 AM:

Most famous coonhound of all time

Most famous coonhound of all time of all breeds now this could go on forever. I think it boils down to what dog or dogs a person has had the opportunity to hunt with and what one man likes in a dog another may dislike. There have been many very nice hounds throughout the years and more will surface in the future. Many fine hounds have been mentioned in this thread and many more will be added in the next few days. I’ve hunted with many so-called famous dogs and some were really nice hounds. I’ve also hunted with plenty of famous dogs that I would not feed. Lots of dogs became famous after they died because in life they were nothing to write home about. The dog that impressed me the most was a dog that was never entered in a competition hunt in his life yet he sired over 1000 pups. It was not because he was a big hunt winner or because his owner ran a full-page stud ad in the American Cooner every month telling the world how great the dog was. He was well known all across the nation as an exceptional coonhound and his owner would put him in the woods for all to see. I had the pleasure of hunting with him on several different occasions in some of the worst terrain in the country and he always did an outstanding job. Not many dogs without a title in front of their name could get the attention of so many female owners looking to breed a nice female from different states across the country back in the 80’s. Titled stud dogs with fancy stud ads and great pedigrees were very plentiful at that time yet people would drive hundreds of miles to breed to this dog with no title. Why? Because people like myself that hunted with him told other people what a fine hound he was. He was a loud open mouth dog on track a stay-put tree dog that would have the coon. He was a superior track dog and could make a very good track dog look silly on a hard running coon. He could catch a coon in swimming water barking all the way and make it look easy. He was not mean at any time. I never seen him tap trees on any kind of track when he located he was done. He was one of the fastest locators I ever saw and would have the meat. He was a coon hunters dream for sure. Every dog I have owned in the last 25 years has carried his blood and it will be that way until I die. He was my most famous dog of all time and I never owned a hair on him. His name was Yadkin River Champ and his owner was Jim Meeks. Old Rock River Sackett was off Yadkin River Crowder and a Yadkin River Champ female making Old Sackett a double shot of Yadkin River Jeff. It’s not hard for me to understand how Sackett Jr. produced so many fine hounds?

Posted by MikeO on 12-12-2008 05:41 AM:

sackett jr, rat attack, banjo, lipper, nailor. those are the most famous without a doubt.

And the pup 'pr' Owen's Rock River Ace...

Mike Owen owner/handler. hunting in style (WALKER STYLE)

Posted by Jeff Galford on 12-12-2008 11:21 AM:

house clint------------lipper

grnitech house's clint won a pile of hunt's not just little hunt's but big one's.He also came in the finale for how many time's in the world hunt. I seen the list of win's on time impresive. If any could post them put them up for everybody to see. And he sired lipper

jmo

Posted by Richard Nethery on 12-12-2008 02:04 PM:

Chad R

I sent you a PM

GRNITECH GR"CH "PR" KIZERS Bleedin Blue Slugger, Bluetick and PR Netherys Trixie Bluetick

Posted by william d robin on 12-12-2008 04:08 PM:

OK. SPOT & JOHNSONS BANJO

2008 Louisiana State Champion
GR NT CH.GR CH Texas Style BREEZE
GR.NT.CH.GR.CH. Texas Style MAGIC AT 15 Month's old
Top 100 UKC World hunt 13 Months old

Posted by Rex W Sims on 12-12-2008 04:09 PM:

ol' sackett....

Posted by Rex W Sims on 12-12-2008 04:12 PM:

Crowder....

Posted by Rex W Sims on 12-12-2008 04:14 PM:

Y.R.Jeff....

Posted by tom edwards on 12-13-2008 01:39 AM:

color blind

BOYD'S LITTLE JOE ,

Posted by dogbait on 12-13-2008 01:54 AM:

YADKIN RIVER CHAMP

HE WAS ONE OF THE BEST JUST ASK AROUND IF YOU DID NOT KNOW HIM.yadkin river dogs is where most good lines came from.do your home work befor you breed get the old line alive and keep it alive like a few has and onley a few

Posted by NEOKHUNTER on 12-13-2008 03:38 AM:

Why so many walkers?

Didnt an English dog just win the world and the Battle?
Why is everyone so caught up on Walkers?

Posted by mudman on 12-13-2008 03:43 AM:

iam going with Wv's own Kenny Abbott's Smoke and Jodie theres many others but thats what catchs my mind

Home (304) 632-5029
Cell(304) 651-5973

Posted by larry tuttle on 12-13-2008 04:05 AM:

Most Famous???? Boyds' Little Joe or Finley River Chief

Posted by bluefrost316 on 12-13-2008 04:34 AM:

The most Famous Coon Dog that ever lived was Jerry Clower's Hi-Bawl.......Thought everyone knew that!!

We breed to UKC Bluetick Breed standards for our pleasure.

Posted by blairforce1 on 12-13-2008 04:40 AM:

This is easy. Doesn't say favorite or most popular now. It says famous. If you take his old add in the magazine and cover his name everyone still will no his name is.......LIPPER Period.

Most famous to me are:
Lipper
Pac-Man
Nailor
Sackett jr
and Old Clover

Posted by HistoryNutt on 12-13-2008 04:58 AM:

Re: YADKIN RIVER CHAMP

quote:
Originally posted by dogbait
HE WAS ONE OF THE BEST JUST ASK AROUND IF YOU DID NOT KNOW HIM.yadkin river dogs is where most good lines came from.do your home work befor you breed get the old line alive and keep it alive like a few has and onley a few

What do you consider the Yadkin River Line?

http://www.finleyriverchief.com

Sites I like to visit that have a lot of information:

A Lot Of Old Pictures And Ads

http://finleyriverchief.forumotion.net

Register On The Above Forum To See A Lot More Old Pictures And Ads.
There are more that you can't access unless registered.