UKC Forums Pages (84): « First ... « 82 83 [84]
Show all 2081 posts from this thread on one page

UKC Forums (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/index.php)
- Blueticks: Stud Dog and Kennel Promotion (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=56)
-- Bogue Chitto Blues (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/showthread.php?threadid=928369513)

Posted by steve bankston on 12-25-2020 02:07 AM:

Big Buck

Thanks Mark and Merry Christmas to you and yours. Merry Christmas to everyone. I finally got a good buck this morning. Been hunting at the farm and had killed a 4 point a couple weeks ago. This morning the cold front was roaring in so I went back to hunting the old fashioned way, from the house watching the yard. A Doe was out above the kennel at 6:30. I walked out on the porch to look at her again just before 7 and was just in time to see a big buck come out of the woods less than s hundred feet from the kennel. He was looking at the doe as I slipped in the house and got my .280 Ruger off the couch and put a bullet in it as I went back out on the porch. The doe took off behind him to the woods and he whirled and started after her. There was a couple trees and a lot of limbs between me and him but it was now or never. Got him in my crosshairs and pulled the trigger. Down he went. Perfect shot behind the shoulder. Big heavy horns and nine inch long tines. Cayden is coming all of next week and I hope I can help him get one. Still several big bucks at the farm so my season isnít over yet. Bo has been looking real good the few times Iíve took him. Josey treed with him the other night. Josey has a million dollar mouth on him. He is going to be a fun project for my first Treeing Walker and I believe he will make a fine hound by the time we done.

Posted by steve bankston on 01-03-2021 02:33 AM:

Bo

Cayden came last Sunday and our first evening in the shooting house we had a nice buck come out and he shot him. The buck was a Freak, one horn growing up like normal but the other side grew straight down. Really cool buck for Caydens first and Iím getting it mounted for him. Iíve been busy skinning deer this year as me and the boys are filling the freezer. Been hunting Bo some the past month and he is rocking. Doing the best heís done in about two years. I finally figured out what his problem was and been giving him something everyday for two months. Itís got him back to the way he was as a two year old. Can flat fly on any type track now and get treed with the Coon. I was about done with him and just going to hunt ROXY and start Josey but me and Bo might give it one more shot. Hoping he keeps rolling and this fix last the rest of his life. Truly a pleasure hunting him again.

Posted by steve bankston on 01-07-2021 02:21 AM:

River Outlaw Josey Wales

Took Josey Hunting by himself for the first time the other night, 7 months old, and he Treed a double. Huge Bawl mouth on track with a monster Locate. Knocked one of them down to him. The next night he Treed 2 singles. Last night he Treed another single and I shot that one down to him. 3 nights of hunting, 4 trees made, 5 Coon seen, 2 shot, 7 months old. Off to a great start with my first Treeing Walker Pup. Iím definitely not True Blue. Love any hound with a great mouth and the ability to get the job done fast. Might be starting a thread on the Walker side before long and shutting this one down. Josey got me excited in how heís going to progress and what the future holds for us.

Posted by steve bankston on 01-11-2021 07:21 PM:

Great Deer Season

I killed a big 11 Point Saturday evening. My third buck of the year and I helped Cayden get his Freak Buck and Mason get his first deer at 10 years old, a big Doe. I also missed a 7 point last month. Seen and passed up dozens of deer including a smaller buck just after 4 Saturday evening that came out an hour sooner than the big one. I have him on my trail camera several times this season including Saturday morning at 4:33 when he came back into his core area for the day. When he went to come out of it after 5 that evening I shot him at close to 200 yards and he got his picture took one more time as he went by my camera at 6:22pm and fell dead a hundred feet further. Having to buy a new freezer next month because the two I have are full and Iím slaughtering a steer in March. As long as the power donít get shut down by the democrats destroying this country, we should eat great the entire year of 2021 and save a ton on grocery bill and not support Wal Mart. They neck deep in corruption with the democrats and China. Plenty spineless republicans I can throw in with them to. I hope everyone is as ready to fight as I am. Killing those deer just got my trigger finger itching more.

Posted by southernthunder on 01-12-2021 03:49 PM:

sounds like you are having an amazing deer season. I'm glad that you are getting to spend precious time with those kids. Larry and I take his grandkids with us hunting and they love it. I've been taking a teenage kid that has never been. He needed something different to occupy his time lol.

Southern Thunder Bluetick Kennels

At Stud: NITECH PR HAMLIN'S BLUE WHIP

HOME OF: GRNITECH GRCH PR HAMLIN'S DAVIE CROCKET HTX
2015 TRIPLE CROWN CHAMPION
2015 PURINA RACE BREED CHAMPION
2015 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITECH BLUETICK
2015 AUTUMN OAKS GRAND 16
2015 AUTUMN OAKS BBOA / BBCHA HIGH SCORING BLUETICK
2015 WINTER CLASSIC DOUBLE CAST WINNER PURINA POINTS EVENT
2015 WINTER CLASSIC BBOA HIGH SCORING BLUETICK
2015 ARKANSAS STATE PURINA CONTENDER CAST WINNER / HIGH SCORE
2015 MISSOURI STATE PURINA CONTENDER CAST WINNER / HIGH SCORE
2015 OKLAHOMA STATE PURINA CONTENDER CAST WINNER
2015 KENTUCKY STATE PURINA CONTENDER CAST WINNER
2015 INDIANA STATE PURINA CONTEDER CAST WINNER
2015 BBOA ZONE 7 CHAMPION / DOUBLE CAST WINNER / HIGH SCORE / KING OF HUNT
2015 BBOA TEXAS STATE CHAMPION / HIGH SCORE / KING OF HUNT
2015 BBOA / WESTERN ENGLISH SHOOTOUT DOUBLE CAST WINNER / HIGH SCORE / KING OF HUNT
2015 UNITED ENGLISH ARKANSAS STATE CHAMPIONSHIP CHAMPION / HIGH SCORE OVERALL CHAMPION
2015 BBOA YOUTH NATIONALS CAST WINNER 2ND OVERALL HIGH SCORE
2015 BBOA ZONE 7 HOUND OF THE YEAR
2015 BBOA/BBCHA GRAND REUNION RQE 1ST PLACE IOWA
2015 BBOA NATIONAL BLUETICK DAYS INVITATIONAL CAST WINNER / 1ST RUNNER UP
2015 ELBERT VAUGHN MEMORIAL CHAMPION
2015 BILL JACKSON MEMORIAL CHAMPION
2015 BOOMER SOONER CLASSIC CHAMPION
2015 WESTERN ENGLISH SPRING CLASSIS CAST WINNER
2015 OKLAHOMA STATE YOUTH CHAMPIONSHIP CAST WINNER
2015 BLUETICK CHALLENGE CHAMPION
2015 BBOA OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION / DOUBLE CAST WINNER / HIGH SCORE / KING OF HUNT
2015 UKC WORLD HUNT CAST WINNER
2016 PURINA NATIONALS CAST WINNER / BREED CHAMPION / HIGH SCORING BLUETICK
5 Time World Qualifier and 3 Peat Zone Champion
Too many wins to list them all
2020 Performance Sire at Stud
GRCH GRNITECH PR HAMLIN'S DAVIE CROCKET HTX

Thanks to everyone who has breed to Crocket or is hunting one of his offspring

Posted by KYHoundDawg on 01-13-2021 08:20 PM:

Re: Great Deer Season

Im right there with ya Steve!

quote:
Originally posted by steve bankston
I killed a big 11 Point Saturday evening. My third buck of the year and I helped Cayden get his Freak Buck and Mason get his first deer at 10 years old, a big Doe. I also missed a 7 point last month. Seen and passed up dozens of deer including a smaller buck just after 4 Saturday evening that came out an hour sooner than the big one. I have him on my trail camera several times this season including Saturday morning at 4:33 when he came back into his core area for the day. When he went to come out of it after 5 that evening I shot him at close to 200 yards and he got his picture took one more time as he went by my camera at 6:22pm and fell dead a hundred feet further. Having to buy a new freezer next month because the two I have are full and Iím slaughtering a steer in March. As long as the power donít get shut down by the democrats destroying this country, we should eat great the entire year of 2021 and save a ton on grocery bill and not support Wal Mart. They neck deep in corruption with the democrats and China. Plenty spineless republicans I can throw in with them to. I hope everyone is as ready to fight as I am. Killing those deer just got my trigger finger itching more.

PR Honest Poison Ivy
PR Brockmans Blue Stars And Stripes

Past Hounds
PR Horsefly Hollow Pepper, passed with a 1st and HTX pass
GRCH NITCH PR Allens Nationwide Suckerpunch HTX
GrCH2 NITCH PR Brockman's Remington Clover HTX
BBOA
502-417-2086