UKC Forums Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Show all 133 posts from this thread on one page

UKC Forums (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/index.php)
- UKC Coonhounds (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=4)
-- Toughest English Dog? (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/showthread.php?threadid=37489)

Posted by Randy Holtmeyer on 12-20-2004 02:35 AM:

Toughest English Dog?

Since Daves been gone we ain't really had a good ENGLISH discussion, so here goes. Several know that I'm partial to the ENGLISH breed and hunt mostly stuff that is ONEY bred, I'm not strain blind, but that's what I got and it works. So far I have just pleasure hunted, so haven't really hunted with alot of different dogs.

So I'm wonderin' what is the toughest ENGLISH dog that YOU have drew out with at a hunt or have just hunted with, I'm especially lookin' to hear from some of you gentlemen that have been in this game for a few years. Really want to hear about some of the dogs of yesteryear, but if it is a current dog that is the one, that'd be great to.

Posted by ROWDYPLOTT on 12-20-2004 02:38 AM:

WOODSTOCK RED MAN

Posted by WVHillBilly on 12-20-2004 04:09 AM:

I hunt walkers and have never been a big fan of english hounds, but Grnitech Grch Wilcox's Thunder Mad Joker is my type of hound. Big time hunting dog, opens quick, good treedog, big mouth, and can tree with anything(meaning he'll give them the tree).

Don Myers owns him in W.V.

Follow Hillbilly Kennels On Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/messages/t/103070698408854/

OWNER OF NOW DECEASED
GRCH GRNITECH HILLBILLY MR. BO JANGLES
CH GRNITECH HILLBILLY OLE SOUTH CHECK MATE
HillBillyKennels Of WVa
Salem, WV
304-782-1551(Home)
304-629-7407(Cell)

Posted by leee on 12-20-2004 05:30 AM:

ENGLISH

GR.NT.CH.NEUSE RIVER SKEETER

Posted by John Vaught on 12-20-2004 10:48 AM:

You might to to ask,

And how honest was the handler............We judge these hounds by what they have won in a nite hunt............we then read of people being cheated a lot of times, but yet we still put faith in the percentage print out of how they reproduce ???????????????? Something just don't seem right about that.

Posted by swampdonkey on 12-20-2004 03:32 PM:

the best dog much less english dog i have ever been in the woods with is an english female out of s georgia named breeze. every time i have been in the woods with her she has put on a coon treeing show. hard coons or easy coons she got it done and got it done quick.

Posted by Jim Fraze on 12-20-2004 09:05 PM:

Swampdonkey. Do you know what the Breeze dog is out of?

Posted by ALABAMA ENGLISH on 12-20-2004 09:22 PM:

I HAVE A ENGLISH THAT IS OUT OF BLUE BOY RED ,THAT IS A PRETTY CONSISTENT COON DOG .

Posted by J.J Melin on 12-20-2004 10:06 PM:

i think Brair creek has many tough english dogs.Wilcox is another with tough dogs. I would like to throw in Don Meyers to.

Posted by Cole M. Vanover on 12-20-2004 10:30 PM:

The two toughest English dogs I have been out with was Flower's Fire Creek Rapper and a dog off of Rapper that Gayle calls Reign. Both of them know how to tree a coon and are very quick and accurate as well.

Nite Ch 'PR' Hardtime Hummer
Nite Ch 'PR' Hardwood Sue
Ch 'PR' Little Walnut Faith
'PR' Van's Hard Knockin' Lil' Hayes

A LOT MORE TRACK AND A LITTLE LESS TREE. HE CAN'T TREE A COON THAT HE CAN'T SMELL

BE REMEMBERED FOR THE HOUND YOU WERE PACKING, NOT THE HANDLING YOU DID.

Posted by Boones Bud on 12-20-2004 11:25 PM:

i hunt a nice 6 yr old english dog (boone) he is a very consistant dog that trees 9 out of 10 times within 15 minutes i hunt with my buddys for fun however i feel i have one of the best english dogs in west virginia

Posted by English Rule on 12-20-2004 11:27 PM:

CH NITECH 'PR' Webbs Hobo!

Come on down to Alabama and give him a look. Everyone has liked him so far. Well, lets not forget my Rapper pup. He his 14 months and lookin real goooooood.

Gadsden, AL
Home (256)546-4464
Cell (256)504-7235
Reference:
Chris Broyles
Home:1-(706)368-9589
Cell:1-(770)324-9737
Home of 2005 & 2006 U.K.C. Performance Sire CH NITECH 'PR' Webbs Hobo
'PR' Wade's Shinbone Ridge Hot Cocoa
'PR' Wade's Shinbone Ridge Fat Boy

Posted by Randy Holtmeyer on 12-20-2004 11:33 PM:

Mr. Vaughn

If you read my post I didn't ask about the winningest english dog out there. That's why I asked "what is the toughest ENGLISH dog that YOU have drew out with or have just hunted with."

I can read the magazines and see what dogs are winnin' and what dogs have won what, but I CAN NOT go back and hunt with the dogs of old.

Posted by Bill Britt on 12-21-2004 01:32 AM:

I posted on the other site, but I'll go again here. Over there I said NKC World Champ,UCKGr.Nt,PKC Silver Ch. Neuse River Queen, and Neuse River Smokey. You can add Hammetts Red River Dan. All these hounds were real nice.

Posted by Nathaniel Powel on 12-21-2004 02:32 PM:

Randy

The toughest male that I have hunted with was GrniteCh Smith Hardtime Rocky. I have hunted with him about 10 to 15 nites with Richard. The dog would tree coons. Each time that you go to the tree he would be toenails in the wood and chest on the tree. The coon would be above him or a den tree.
Nat Powell

GrNiteCh PKC CH Ragan's Hatchie River Style

GrNitech Hardtime Awesome Ghost

GrNitech Powell Rainstorm Red Crickit.

GrNitech Ashley Red Cloud -- Semen

GrNitech Harrison Slew Foot Semen

NITECH CH Powell Rainstorm Cloud Buster

Posted by CritterGetter on 12-21-2004 07:10 PM:

Without a doubt, short life but super tough 'Briar Creek Houdini

Posted by Nathaniel Powel on 12-21-2004 07:16 PM:

critterGetter

I have always hear that Houdini was one tough coon treeing hound.
Nat

Posted by bubba41034 on 12-21-2004 08:04 PM:

second that on rap and regin

Posted by Randy Holtmeyer on 12-22-2004 12:21 AM:

Thanks for the reply's guys!!!

Nat, are you gettin' any females bred to your Rock dog or know of any bred to Rocky II out this way?

Posted by Nathaniel Powel on 12-22-2004 01:30 PM:

Rock or Rocky 2

The last dog I bred to rock was a guy from Tenn. pups will be born 1-12-05. I have not bred any female out your way, but if you want to bred a good female call me and we will work something out. I would love to get some pups out your way. I do not think Richard has bred any female out there. He will be down for a few day over the holidays to do some hunting and i will ask him.
Nat

Posted by John Carroll on 12-22-2004 02:40 PM:

I guess the nicest English dog I ever hunted with was a female named Lamb's Spring Creek Ginger. She was a full sister to Gr. Nt. Ch. Penny's Dancin' Disco, Gr. Nt. Ch. Willow Creek Golden Bugle, and Gr. Nt. Ch. Green Valley Double D.

She would tree coon other dogs didn't know were in the woods, and had the most beautiful horn bawl mouth you about ever heard. She was a sit down, 90 bpm tree dog.

I finally got her bought after she was eight years old, and had been making my dogs look silly for a few years. I had her about three months and she got ran over and killed while running a coon.

I had a pup out of her that was making the same caliber female, and she died mysteriously before she was two years old.

If I hadn't lost those two females, I'd probably be an English man today.

Posted by ERIC W MUELLER on 12-22-2004 03:13 PM:

FLOWERS SADIE

was the best english dog i ever hunted with.hunted with her 2 nights and when gayle let her go she was gone and diden't care who was coming with her! and always had a coon.

Posted by Ricochet17 on 12-22-2004 03:17 PM:

I can't say that I have been in the woods with many English females at all. There are a couple that I have in mind. Bardo's Suzy, some Faith dog out of Iowa and Porter's Corckscrew.

Posted by Blue Ice on 12-22-2004 05:23 PM:

The Best English Hound

I ever drew was Dodgetown's Redneck Hank. Matter of a fact he is the best I have been in the woods with. Some say he is rough but I have never seen it. He is for real. Get's struck runs a track and bam trees and has the meat. I have told several if the man that owned him had the backing there is no dog out there could touch him in the Purina Race hands down. Call him what you want he is a coondog. He could win cause he is a consistant cast winner and that is what it takes.

Home of 'GRNTCH 'GRCH PR' Aaron's Hidden Meadows Blue Max (Bluetick)
Gone But Not Forgotten 6/25/15

NiteCh Dalton's Fathead Coonsmoker Ace (English) Gone but not Forgotten

CH'NiteCh'PR' LoneTree Subzero (Walker) Gone but Not Forgotton 5/25/14

Posted by giterndone on 12-22-2004 07:04 PM:

The only breed to have is english and i have hunt english for two years and i believe in them. I hunt powder springs english coonhounds. Maybe you have heard of them. their dad is ch gr nt ch powdersprings striker. who is is out of jolife's cujo. They also have hardtime rocky and hardtime speck in their bloodline. To so if you wanna hunt a good english redtick coonhound get one of these. Their mother is Champ'spowderspringskendall, we have four crosses out of striker and kendall and there has never been a dud yet. W hen you get a pup it comes with a money back promise. I f is not doing nothing by the time it is a year old send it back and I will refund your money. The owner of striker is joe whetzel of wv. Joe took striker to to zones in 98-99 and placed 15th in the world to qualify for the world hunt. if you r interested in apup out of this bloodline let me know bye e-mail me.