UKC Forums
Show all 10 posts from this thread on one page

UKC Forums (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/index.php)
- Plotts (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=50)
-- Garrison's Brindle Ranger? (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/showthread.php?threadid=928327566)

Posted by Kevin Jackson on 07-11-2013 03:03 AM:

Garrison's Brindle Ranger?

Can anyone tell me what he was like? Hunting style, mouth, tree style, maybe a picture? See him in a lot of dogs papers. Always wondered what he was like.

Gr.Nt.Ch.Gr.Ch. 'PR' MT Red's Bobcat Bustin Billy

Nt.Ch.Ch. 'PR' MT Red's Coon Slammin Sage

Gr.Nt.Ch.Gr.Ch. 'PR' MT Red's Tree Bangin Buddy

Gr.Ch. 'PR' MT Red's Kim's Cat Crazy Maci

'PR' MT Red's Tree Ringin Rhea

(406)564-3061

Posted by Fred Harroun on 07-11-2013 03:33 PM:

jim garrison is on here so he will probably answer you as jim owned ranger.

NPHA
APA

Posted by James Garrison on 07-11-2013 09:03 PM:

He was a dark brindle, had a beautiful mouth, bawl on track, extremely hard chop on tree. No quit in him, a hard going dog. If a track got rough or cold he would pick out the biggest tree and blow the top out, saved us in a nite hunt many times. His mouth I would say was one of the most impressive things about him. English and walker men were always saying "man that Plott sure has a mouth on him". I wish I had another one just like him. He was a complete natural and that is what it takes for a dog to be outstanding. I recently talked to the ole Ozark boy that raised him and he told me how he would sit on the porch and watch him trail and tree by himself at seven months.

Gr. Nt. Ch. Garrisons Brindle Hobo
Gr. Nt. Ch. Garrisons Brindle Luke
Gr. Nt. Ch. Garrisons Brindle Honey
Nite Ch. Garrisons Brindle Lead Nite Ch. Garrisons Brindle Belle
Nite Champion Garrisons Brindle Buckshot HTX
At Stud Grand Nite Ch. Garrisons Brindle Trax

Posted by Paul Frederick on 07-11-2013 09:26 PM:

Jim,

Did you ever get Ranger collected? Sure would be nice to get another shot of ole Ranger.

If you're looking for some heavy Ranger bred stuff you need to talk to Jeremiah Johnson. His Millennium Magic Plotts go back heavy to Mister Candyman dog who was directly off Ranger.

Posted by James Garrison on 07-11-2013 10:50 PM:

Ranger

Paul I never did get Ranger collected, paying for that mistake now. Jeremiah called not to long ago and we had a nice visit. That Candy man dog must have been nice, I think they lost him to a car when he was fairly young. See you at Plott Days.

Posted by Kevin Jackson on 07-11-2013 11:33 PM:

Thank you very much. Just got my first plott and the Ranger dog is in there a few times. The Candyman dog too. He is a super smart good acting pup. Treed a barn cat while I was looking at the litter. Sat down on his but and spit them out too. He's a good looking pup too. If he has it I'll push him towards dual grand and run him on lion and bobcat in the winter. I guess he's what they call a saddleback. Brindle legs, chest, and face with a black back. Like I said he's my first plott and I'm excited to watch him progress. Thank you for the reply.

Gr.Nt.Ch.Gr.Ch. 'PR' MT Red's Bobcat Bustin Billy

Nt.Ch.Ch. 'PR' MT Red's Coon Slammin Sage

Gr.Nt.Ch.Gr.Ch. 'PR' MT Red's Tree Bangin Buddy

Gr.Ch. 'PR' MT Red's Kim's Cat Crazy Maci

'PR' MT Red's Tree Ringin Rhea

(406)564-3061

Posted by James Garrison on 07-12-2013 02:26 PM:

Hard tree dogs will miss one now and then. Ranger scored 900 plus three different times and those Walker boys sure don't plus up a Plott unless they have to.

Posted by KEVIN MOSES on 07-12-2013 06:16 PM:

RANGER

I HUNTED IN CAST WITH RANGER IN TELL CITY,INDIANA-PLOTT DAYS IN 1995. HE PUT ON ONE OF THE BEST PERFORMANCES I EVER WITNESSED ON A CAST.HE HAD AN OUTSTANDING NOSE,OUTSTANDING SPEED ON TRACK,AND AN OVERPOWERING TREE MOUTH.I WAS HUNTING A GOOD NITE CHAMPION FEMALE AND HE TOTALLY DOMINATED HER AND THE TWO OTHER PLOTT DOGS IN THE CAST(THURSDAY NIGHT ALL PLOTT HUNT).I TOLD EVERY BODY I TALKED TO HE WAS ONE OF THE BEST DOGS I EVER HUNTED WITH.RANGER WAS DEFINATELY TWO STEPS ABOVE HIS COMPETITION.

*NT.CH. MOSES' RUGGED RIDGE POACHER*

*GR.NT.CH. MOSES' PRETTYBOY POACHER*

*FCH CH GRNITECH SHATLEY LOBO*

http://www.poacherplotthounds.com/

Posted by Paul Frederick on 07-12-2013 06:30 PM:

Re: RANGER

quote:
Originally posted by KEVIN MOSES
I HUNTED IN CAST WITH RANGER IN TELL CITY, INDIANA - PLOTT DAYS IN 1995. HE PUT ON ONE OF THE BEST PERFORMANCES I EVER WITNESSED ON A CAST.HE HAD AN OUTSTANDING NOSE,OUTSTANDING SPEED ON TRACK,AND AN OVERPOWERING TREE MOUTH.I WAS HUNTING A GOOD NITE CHAMPION FEMALE AND HE TOTALLY DOMINATED HER AND THE TWO OTHER PLOTT DOGS IN THE CAST(THURSDAY NIGHT ALL PLOTT HUNT). I TOLD EVERY BODY I TALKED TO HE WAS ONE OF THE BEST DOGS I EVER HUNTED WITH. RANGER WAS DEFINITELY TWO STEPS ABOVE HIS COMPETITION.

Seems like everyone who hunted with Ranger has about the same story. Sure, he was a dog and did dumb things like a dog does occasionally like any other dog I'm sure, but it's hard to find a stud that is as revered as Ranger is. Even people who don't hunt Ranger-bred stock give Ranger credit for how he helped the breed.

Wish I could have hunted with him to see it for myself.

Posted by travelingman on 08-08-2013 12:00 AM:

Just looking over the papers on my cowboy up male and seen his grandad was ranger crossed with mansholds molly, and if ranger was accurate, intelligent and a Coondog through and through? Then it must be hereditary because this plott of mine is the best hound I've ever owned!