UKC Forums
Show all 5 posts from this thread on one page

UKC Forums (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/index.php)
- UKC Beagles (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=3)
-- 6th Annual "Frank Privitere Memorial" International Rabbit Derby (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/showthread.php?threadid=928292920)

Posted by smokes creek on 01-07-2013 03:06 PM:

6th Annual "Frank Privitere Memorial" International Rabbit Derby

Hosted by New Empire Beagle Club

Jan 26th 2013
American Legion Post 63, 144 Kirby Ave. Lackawanna, NY 14218

$CASH and Trophy prize for top 3 heaviest Cottontail rabbits
$25 per Hunter (Includes Polish Platter dinner)
extra dinner tickets $8..Public welcome
Tri-Tronics Shock Collar package, raffled that night
Full Cash Bar...Mini sportsman show...Basket Raffle..50/50's
A few Vendor tables still open (free of charge)
Huntem, trap em, get em with your car! Just get em weighed in between 4pm and 6pm! Rabbits must be un-gutted and un-frozen

Each year, we have picked a good cause to donate the proceeds to. This year I found a 12 year old boy, that is fighting Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia. His treatments have made his bones brittle and he often needs to use crutches to get around. His mom, a school bus driver is having alot of financial difficulty. We cant cure this, but maybe we can give them something to smile about for even one day!
For info, or to donate a basket or your time, contact Rick Giermata, RJGwoof@aol.com or call 716-602-5017

Proud Sponsors, Lackawanna Police Dept. Animal Control Division, Tri-Tronics, United Kennel Club, City of Lackawanna Mayor, Geoff Szymanski and The Nite Cappe Steak and Seafood..

Smokes Creek kennels-Where Hunting dogs are made!

When its no longer fun, sell the hounds and take up Golf.

Posted by Cannonball08 on 01-12-2013 01:02 AM:

BTT for this great cause! Will be a great time also! Come on out if you can

Chad

Cannonball Kennels "Home Of Champion Gun Dogs"

Posted by smokes creek on 01-15-2013 02:30 PM:

UPDATE: Bob Ford from central PA will be part of our show, doing a book signing for his collection set of "Beagle Tale's".. , Niagara Outdoor sports will be there as well as several tables of guns and amo... Hoot's Fur, will be on hand selling some of the coolest, skunk, coon, fox, and coyote hats and deer skin gloves.. And the baskets keep pouring in! Thank you all for helping us help 12yr old Michael Stranz WIN his fight against leukemia!

P.S. Team Ohio, Canada and Central NY have confirmed entry! Let the lead fly boys!

Posted by smokes creek on 01-18-2013 06:41 PM:

Thank you Buffalo Bills HOF Jim Kelly, & Buffalo Sabres, for your gifts for Michael and basket raffle items of signed equipment.. Also Thank you Town Lincoln Mercury for your generous donation!

If anyone would like to send some love in the form of a check of any amount, please make it out to "Elizabeth Stranz", and memo "For Michael", and mail it to me at 181 Milnor Ave. Lackawanna NY 14218.. I thank all my beagle buds for helping support and help this boy with his battle against Leukemia!

Ricky G

Posted by Cannonball08 on 01-29-2013 04:38 PM:

This years attendance close to 300 people & then derby winners were "Team Canada"! The donated their winnings of $250 back to the Stranz family. New Empire raised well over $3000 for Michael for his battle with Leukemia.We were also able to get Lackawanna Boy Scout Troop 523, new uniforms for those scouts who could not afford them. Special thanks to Dave and Don McVay for their help, as well as Tri-Tronics and the United Kennel Club for helping a outstanding young man and his family in their time of need! God-bless Beaglers!

Team Canada afield

Boy Scouts getting new gear

Mcvays pathfinder award

Presentation of 1st place to Canada

Cannonball Kennels "Home Of Champion Gun Dogs"