UKC Forums Pages (6): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Show all 133 posts from this thread on one page

UKC Forums (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/index.php)
- UKC Coonhounds (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=4)
-- Toughest English Dog? (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/showthread.php?threadid=37489)

Posted by Tim Hoeck on 12-24-2004 06:09 PM:

Jim I have a male sired my Willy and he is a nice one. Alot like Lumis i'm told, gets deep quick and just falls treed. I have some pups from him and a Sargent Blue female that i hope are good advertised in the classified section.
Tim Hoeck

Posted by JimFrye on 12-24-2004 08:35 PM:

Tim I did see your add. We have talked before on the computer and you called me one time. I sure do like the Willy dogs. It sure was a shame that more females wheren't bred to him. Have you put the Rattler dog you bought off of Clinton Combs in any hunts yet? How is he working out for you?Jim

Posted by Cheyenne on 12-24-2004 11:56 PM:

I hunted with Cujo twice when he was not in hunting shape and the dog looked real good, took his tracks as he came to them and treed real nice and had the coon hanging!!

I had a female from him and a Hot Shot bred gyp that was outstanding, Bert told me she was the most natural pup he had seen in along time. Bert and I still talk about her, she had a male dog mouth and Bert said she might have had the best nose of any dog he ever hunted with!!! That is saying alot!!! Best of all she produced although only one litter a whole litter of natural born pups!!!!!

Nt.Ch. 2010 World Hunt Finalist Tug River Stylish PJ, Pkc Ch. Nt.Ch. Stylish Polly, Pkc Ch. Nt.Ch. Stylish Cheyenne, Gr.Nt.Ch. Frieds Thunder Crank, Gr.Nt.Ch. Major Dan , Nt.Ch. Lil Red Rat, Stylish Tanks Style

Posted by TERRY GOFORTH on 12-25-2004 12:35 AM:

English dogs

There is so many good ones but these dogs stood out in my mind. Gr. Nt. Ch. Lightfoot Bruno owned by Bill Clark, Gr. Nt. Ch. Michigan Swamp Rooster when he was owned by Paul Taylor, Gr. Nt. Ch. Wilcox's Thunder Blue owned by Larry Wilcox, Gr. Nt. Ch. Mark's Red Robin owned by Mark Robbins, Gt. nt. Ch. Dark Shadow Bobbie owned by Ervin Sutton, Gr. Nt. Ch. Hardtime Kate owned by Damian Cooper, Gr. Nt. Ch. Zee Zee owned by Jay Thomas. There is many more but these dogs stood out.

Posted by English Rule on 12-25-2004 12:47 AM:

Cheyenne

Do you mean Joliffes Cujo? If so can you tell me about him how he hunted, acted, was he full of brains, loud track mouth, natural hard pressure treedog. Do you have any pics of him? He is the Grandsire to my Hobo dog. Do you know anything about the Jordans Ace in the hole dog? Any and all info. would help.

Gadsden, AL
Home (256)546-4464
Cell (256)504-7235
Reference:
Chris Broyles
Home:1-(706)368-9589
Cell:1-(770)324-9737
Home of 2005 & 2006 U.K.C. Performance Sire CH NITECH 'PR' Webbs Hobo
'PR' Wade's Shinbone Ridge Hot Cocoa
'PR' Wade's Shinbone Ridge Fat Boy

Posted by wvhounds on 12-25-2004 12:27 PM:

he's talkin about Oney's Cujo dog........officially Nite CH PR Perk's Northern Cujo........... lol

WILDFIRE
If your dog is fat,you aren't getting enuff exercise!

Posted by Randy Holtmeyer on 12-25-2004 03:48 PM:

English Rule

He'd be Nite CH PR Perk's Northern Cujo on paper, a son of Bert's GR NITE CH Turkey Ridge Racket, talked to a guy that hunted with Racket before Berton had him and he said he was a sure enough tree dog.

Terry, wish I didn't have the number of dogs I have or I'd have seriously looked into one of the pups that Dave had out of your male and not sure whose female, woulda had your Rocky Run Blue Terry dog top and bottom. Bill Clark bred the Lightfoot stuff, right??? Is this stuff bred similar to the Clark River stuff or are they total different stock???

Posted by waterman on 12-26-2004 12:36 AM:

my brothers english female lucky is out of va swamprooster & is 1 coon treeing machine!!

Posted by TERRY GOFORTH on 12-26-2004 01:06 AM:

Randy

Randy, yes these dogs have Clark river in them and a lot of Little Joe.

Posted by Bill Britt on 12-26-2004 01:58 AM:

waterman, who's your brother? He's got to be a pretty good fella if he's got an english dog!!

Posted by Randy Holtmeyer on 12-27-2004 01:27 AM:

Thanks for the replies guys!!!

Anyone hunt with the old Penny's Kentucky Kojak dog or a dog outta him by the name of CH Penny's Kentucky Kojak II??? Or a dog that Dave Haugh had at stud in the early 90's by the name of Whiskey Creek Spike, he was a grandson of Turkey Ridge Racket and Maggards Hot Shot II???

Posted by John Ferrari on 12-27-2004 02:52 AM:

Penny Kentucky Kojack was advertised as Mr Reproducer. He was from Gr Nt Ch Kellers Mike that Bud Keller had in Missouri. I do not know if Bud Keller is still alive. Anyway Kellers Mike was the father of some on the most well known english dogs in the late 70's early 80's Such dogs as Gr Nt Ch Penny Kentucky Kojack. Gr Nt Ch Gr Ch Hickory Hollow Hambone II (who was out of Gr Nt Ch Kellers Queen who Queen father was Gr Nt ch Kellers Mike) Gr Nt Ch Frosty was another dog out of Kellers Mike. Bud Keller like Jimmie Woodard who started the junior line never got the credit they deserve for the breeding of their dogs. It is not the person that has the money to promote the dogs, but the people that have had that line of dogs for years becasue they could not afford to go out and buy a dog a dog all the time that need to get the credit.
John

Posted by Randy Holtmeyer on 12-28-2004 12:22 AM:

John thanks, I definitely agree with your post. I didn't know that the Keller's Mike dog sired Kojak.

Do you know if there is anyone out there that did any line breeding on that line (Keller's Mike)? Wasn't the Hambone II dog the sire of one of your originals?

Also wonderin' what the All Grand Dan dog of Mr. Wilcox's is outta?

Posted by John Ferrari on 12-28-2004 01:54 AM:

All Grand Dan and Jesse Adkins Thunder dog both are out of Gr Nr Ch Wilcox Thunder St Nick and my Gr Nt Ch Gr Ch Northridge Timber Valley Queen dog

Posted by joy rb kennel on 12-29-2004 04:13 AM:

RINGO

i hunt redbones but the best english or for that matter the best hound i have ever seen was gr nite ch pr cook's red ruby ringo what that dog can do can't be put into words he is tough probley one of the best i will ever see and i am only 28 lol he is just flat out awsome!

GRCH."PR" Joys Image Of Joy II

Late home of
CH."PR" Shaffer's Red River Joy(deceased)
GRCH."PR" Joy's Fireball Big Guy(deceased)
GRCH."PR"Joy's Fireball Hot Handsome(deceased)
GRCH."PR" Joy's lil Fireball Beauty(deceased)

Posted by jesse walter on 03-14-2007 05:37 AM:

GRNTCH LONGS BUTTERCREEK BETSY

She is ALL COONDOG!!!!!!!!!!!! Hard to beat. She is the best coondog that I ever followed through the woods, night after night, and I have seen a bunch in the woods!!!!!!! I always said you could turn betsy lose in wal-mart and she would tree a coon!

------GRNTCH WILCOX THUNDER RINGO
---GRNTCH LONGS BUTTERCREEK BETSY
------GRNTCH CALICO PATTY

NTCH CH BUTTERCREEKS BIG WIN

Posted by Randy Holtmeyer on 03-14-2007 11:56 PM:

Good to see this one back to the top.

Josh, I've been doin' quite abit of research on the Tree Spike stuff in the last year, and think I know how I'm goin' to fit it in, just not real sure when??? I really hope to make it to English Days, this year, as I've got to get that direction anyway. Would love to see Little Spike go. You interested in breeding him yet?

Posted by allnightcooner on 03-15-2007 05:08 AM:

swamp rooster

Posted by nathan cooley on 03-15-2007 05:52 AM:

i haven't comp. hunted a long time but mainstreet max is hard to clean up after some nights.

2014 perf. sir
GRCH NTCH Late Nite Swamp Bustin Blaze R.I.P
Liking River Cheddar Bob
Skuna River Crazy Kate

Posted by chester cooner on 03-15-2007 02:01 PM:

GRNTCH Clines Coon Catchin Cate. Didn't get to see her go till she was older, but dog had no holes. Had it in every department. A very nice coon dog.

Posted by blueyance on 03-16-2007 05:47 AM:

Hunted with GR NT CH Roosters red heat a few times. He's a nice hound.

Posted by wvhounds on 03-16-2007 04:24 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by bubba41034
second that on rap and regin

Never hunted with Reign,, but ole Rapper has put on a show for me before,, he's a super nice hound that reproduces well too!!!

I have to say the Stanley Nichols Max hound is as nice a hound as I've ever been to the woods with too..................last year at English days he impressed me...