UKC Forums
Show all 14 posts from this thread on one page

UKC Forums (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/index.php)
- UKC Curs and Feists (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=5)
-- faulkner cur (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/showthread.php?threadid=478057)

Posted by curlover on 01-25-2012 12:22 AM:

faulkner cur

Has anybody hunted with faulkner curs from wisconsin. I have a 7 month old female. wondering how you like them and what you hunt with them. I hunt coon and have high hopes for her, she seems really smart so far.

Posted by mcloucks on 01-30-2012 02:47 PM:

i live in medford ihave 6 faulkner curs i use them on bear, coon, and started using on bobcat. They do a good job and they are young dogs yet.

Posted by amazingcursouth on 01-30-2012 09:29 PM:

what is a faulkner cur crossed with. looks like hound and stephens stock curs.

Mossy Pond Modacious (MO)
Mossy Pond Amazing Gracie

Posted by mcloucks on 01-31-2012 09:02 AM:

You would have to ask Gary Faulkner but Im sure they came from stephens cur they are taller though. They can be pretty fast on track and work together very well. I got on some pretty mean bear last year and I only had three faulkner curs and one bluetick. Everything I had got bit or swatted. The three curs stayed on it and the blue dog came out with holes and wouldnt go back in the rest of the season. Needless to say I dont have him anymore and I picked up two more pups and a full brother to the one I have.

Posted by moodyhound on 01-31-2012 05:07 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by amazingcursouth
what is a faulkner cur crossed with. looks like hound and stephens stock curs.

Several years ago I read an article online that claimed they were stephens crossed with bluetick. I don't know for sure if there is any truth to it or not. I always meant to find out.

KENTUCKY TREE DOGS

You can't beat stupid out of a dog.

Posted by curlover on 01-31-2012 10:22 PM:

hey mcloucks could you post some pics of your dogs would love to see some. when did you get your new pups

Posted by croatankid on 02-01-2012 01:57 AM:

i have a stephens and really like her. she nuclear powered. i just wish she was bigger. i'd like to get a faulkners cur myself.

Posted by mcloucks on 02-01-2012 06:33 PM:

They dont look like hounds much at all. I'll put some pics on soon as I can figure out how. I have some on my phone. I can text them and you can put them on faster than me. I got the last two pups in sept. one started treein already then the other one was younger. They are as big as my older ones now hopin to breed two of my best ones soon.

Posted by amazingcursouth on 02-01-2012 10:20 PM:

i think most of the hound (if any) has been bred out

Mossy Pond Modacious (MO)
Mossy Pond Amazing Gracie

Posted by Bluwalker on 02-02-2012 04:58 AM:

I know Gary personally and have hunted several times with him. The dogs I hunted with were gamey to say the least haha. Saw them do some coon treeing as well.

Posted by mcloucks on 02-02-2012 06:17 AM:

Do you have some of his dogs? Thats where all mine came from. They seem to be gamey but easy to break from off game. Seems like once theyre educated by bear they take care of themselves pretty good. Mine have an uncany way to start bear with decent cold noses.

Posted by Kirby on 02-02-2012 02:19 PM:

They are basically a Stephens. In the Stephens breed there are bloodlines that are different sizes.

Posted by Bluwalker on 02-02-2012 02:44 PM:

No, I don't have any of his dogs. I hunted with a few of them when I was looking to buy a cur but didn't like any of them enough for the prices they were. Ended up with a kemmer stock cur out of missouri. mcloucks, if you have some pics of your curs i'd like to see them. here's my cur - the one wearing brindle

Posted by mcloucks on 02-05-2012 02:24 AM:

Looks like he does just fine for you.