UKC Forums Pages (7): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Show all 155 posts from this thread on one page

UKC Forums (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/index.php)
- Big Game Hound Classifieds (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=39)
-- Big Game Walker at Stud (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/showthread.php?threadid=928278183)

Posted by J.R. Walkers on 10-24-2012 01:34 AM:

Big Game Walker at Stud

My son is putting his 5 yr old Walker bear dog out there to Stud. If your looking to get some very good blood in your pack then 'PR' Jordan Run Highball would be a good one. His sire was Charlie Dunbars Rock dog and his dam was a Whitecloud gyp from Bobby Lyles.
Highball is one of the best walker hounds I've been around in 35 yrs of bear hunting. Him and all his litter mates started before they were 6 mths old. All the pups were rigging, trailing, and treeing by the time they were 9 mths old. Highball treed his first bear by himself at 9 mths. and just got better from there. He rigs and trails a medium track, has great track speed and has enough grit to go see the vet from time to time. He has never offer to run anything but a bear, except a coon one time, and handles very good, you don't need a leash unless your pulling him off the tree. Located in Va. If interested call 540-968-0893

Highball is the one in the front

Posted by J.R. Walkers on 10-24-2012 04:28 PM:

Here's his Ped

...........'PR' Davis' Beanblossem Joe
......'PR' Rosebush Ace
............PR' Nester's Oakridge Bell II
..'PR' Spring Creek Jed
...........'PR'Davis' Ike Spot Head
......'PR' Big Holler Daisy
...........'PR' Sassy Girl
'PR' Spring Creek Rock
...........'PR' Meyer's Big Bam Bam
......'PR' Meyer's Jed
...........'PR' Meyer's Flying Queen
..'PR' Sundown Dixie
........... GRNITECH 'PR' Gary's Hic'ntry Red Head
......'PR' Wamsleys Hicountry Julie
............NITECH 'PR' Sayre's Ragin Riva

Highball

------------------------'PR' HOLLAND'S WHITE CLOUD KING
----------'PR' HARDROCK'S W.C. SPARKY
------------------------'PR' HOLLANDS STAR
----'PR' WHITE CLOUDS HARDROCK SPIKE
------------------------'PR CAUSEY'S WHITE CLOUD DAN
----------'PR' WHITE CLOUD BEAR GAL I
------------------------'PR' WHITE CLOUD LITTLE BIT
'PR' Lyles White Cloud Star
------------------------'PR' MAROSOK'S BOBBY
----------'PR' WOLFMOUNTAIN BOOMER
------------------------'PR' WOLF MOUNTAIN PEGGY
----'PR' LOWRY NANCE HARDROCK RUSTY
------------------------'PR' BABCOCK'S BERT
----------'PR' MAROSOK'S SUNDOWN SANDY
------------------------'PR' BREAK AWAY

Posted by J HUNT on 10-27-2012 12:29 AM:

Highball

I've seen him in action, he is a very nice hound, lots of speed, and lots of scars to prove his grit. You could write a whole page praising this dog for what he can do, but simple fact is he is an amazing bear dog!!

Highball will be an asset to anyones breeding program, he will make your pack better.

Jason

Posted by boondoc on 10-27-2012 04:56 AM:

highball

most certainly bred for it!

Posted by J.R. Walkers on 10-28-2012 01:40 PM:

Yes boondoc,
There are a bunch of biggame hounds in highballs blood.

Posted by JW Smith on 11-07-2012 06:04 AM:

how much on stud fee?

Posted by J.R. Walkers on 11-07-2012 11:04 AM:

JW,
Sent you a PM

Posted by bcboy081 on 11-07-2012 11:32 PM:

hey Spud youre mailbox is full

Posted by J.R. Walkers on 11-07-2012 11:56 PM:

OK, I deleted some stuff thanks.

Posted by JW Smith on 11-08-2012 05:55 AM:

JR sent pm back and thanks will be in touch i would like o breed one gyp to him

Posted by Bubby Ponton on 11-08-2012 02:59 PM:

I have whitecloud breeding in my kennels i like that ped on him he will throw some cold nose bear hounds id say.

Team Virginia Cartel
Team Bright Eyes
'PR' Craigs Creek Soggy Bottom Savage
(Haze x SML PD RIVER Polly)

Posted by J.R. Walkers on 11-08-2012 06:29 PM:

Bubby, do you coon hunt yours or run them on bear or both?

Posted by Walker9615 on 11-17-2012 06:13 AM:

Are u expecting any pups out him anytime soon?

Posted by J.R. Walkers on 11-17-2012 07:41 PM:

Walker9615

A fellow here in Va. brought a real nice looking Clover gyp up a couple weeks ago for Highball to breed and got another fellow bringing one next month. The only Walker gyp I have here is his full sister (Kate). I do have a pup out of Kate and a Abbott bred male that is doing real well on bear but is only 8 months old. If she turns out I will be breeding her back to Highball but that will be down the road.
Hope your having a good season down your way. We are gearing up for our kill season to start up here in a couple of weeks.

Posted by dlynch on 11-18-2012 01:52 AM:

Where u located in va and whats the stud fee

Posted by Walker9615 on 11-18-2012 04:09 AM:

Yea we've had a real good yr so far, with the one exception I lost my lead/trail dog. As bad I wish she couldnt live forever. I hunt almost all females, may bring one of them up for a date sometime soon.

Posted by J.R. Walkers on 11-18-2012 01:23 PM:

dlynch,
I sent you a PM.

Walker9615,
Sorry to hear about your dog but your right they don't live forever. That's a big reason we're trying to get a bunch of Highball blood spread around so bring that gyp on.

Posted by J.R. Walkers on 11-18-2012 01:45 PM:

Have received a lot of calls and PM's asking about our location and stud fee. We are located in Millboro, Va.
As for the stud fee, well we ain't in it to make a bunch of money. We are in it to get Highball's blood out there. You never know when his next hunt will be his last and we've already had some close calls. $100.00 stud fee.

Posted by Bubby Ponton on 11-20-2012 01:30 PM:

I just bear hunt mine.

Team Virginia Cartel
Team Bright Eyes
'PR' Craigs Creek Soggy Bottom Savage
(Haze x SML PD RIVER Polly)

Posted by J.R. Walkers on 11-21-2012 05:38 PM:

Bubby
Highball hooking up with one of your Whitecloud gyps sounds like a good cross to me.

Posted by kiekhofers_walk on 11-23-2012 02:34 PM:

cross

It seems like alot of people are making the cross between these Meyers and white cloud dogs. I have a female thats 5/8 Meyers with Finley river and lipper with some nailor in her. I collected my white cloud male before I sold him. I think im going to cross the two. It would be pretty similar to highball cross. Them white cloud dogs have what you need for big game

Posted by J.R. Walkers on 11-23-2012 03:22 PM:

kiekhofers_walk
I couldn't agree with you more. It has been a very good cross for me. I've been bear hunting and raising bear dogs for almost 40 yrs. and this cross suites me more than any I've made. Just all around good bear dogs.

Posted by kiekhofers_walk on 11-23-2012 03:57 PM:

Are you familiar with the nocturnal hide breeding from down by you. I have that on my females bottom side

Posted by kiekhofers_walk on 11-23-2012 04:05 PM:

The male I had had all the same breeding your highball dog has. My male was out of a half brother half sister cross. Every dog for five generations was whitecloud. I collected 10 straws out of him before I sold him so I could keep the breeding. I have two pups coming to me that'll be pure white cloud also

Posted by J.R. Walkers on 11-23-2012 09:55 PM:

Yes, I bred Kate who is a sister to Highball to a Hide dog a fews yrs back but she only had 3 pups. All 3 made good bear dogs although the 2 I kept were a little bit slow for me. I ended up giving them to a local hunter who is still hunting and treeing bear with them today.