UKC Forums
Show all 5 posts from this thread on one page

UKC Forums (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/index.php)
- UKC Coonhounds (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=4)
-- World Hunt final 4?? What happened? (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/showthread.php?threadid=928547799)

Posted by TylerOSU on 09-24-2022 06:53 PM:

World Hunt final 4?? What happened?

So this is what happened last night. Allen came and got the 5 cast winners. He sat us down to discuss options. The 3 and 2 dog cast was obviously what everyone expected to happen. BUT coon treeing has been rougher later here and what if one of those casts were dead? Then they crowned a champion last night while everyone was in bed, no publicity or camera crew. So ANONYMOUSLY agreed to draw cards and the 2 odd men out would hunt it off for 4th. Reason we didn’t do it off score is because how was that fair to anybody that just wanted to “advance”. Strategy would have been hugely different in my cast for sure. Therefor we all decided to do that and someone had to be odd man out. We drew in score order with Roller and I being the last 2 to draw. It was a bad format and we all agreed but with so much being spent on publicity we had to do something for the better sake of us and UKC.

Team Mafia
2022 UKC World Champion
2019-2022 UKC World Qualifier
2019 Ok Prohunt Semi-finalist
2019 Spring SS Top 20
20,21, and 23 OK State PKC Champion
2020 Spring SS Top 7
2019-2023 PKC National Qualifier
2020-2023 TOC Qualifier
2020 UKC Top 100
2022 UKC Top 100
2023 JOY Super Hunt Champion
2022 UKC WORLDCH PKC PCH CH GRNTCH3 "Get Gone Jenna"
DOB- 9/30/2017

Posted by Vic Stoll on 09-24-2022 09:52 PM:

Understood

Why weren’t the results of your late round head to head hunt it off cast posted? Would’ve alleviated all the confusion.

By the way, congrats and best of luck to you tonight!

Gone but not forgotten:
Nt Ch Fanny's Midnite Blue Annie - aka Sodie Pop R.I.P. - I will miss you old girl

Nt Ch Becky’s Midnite Blue Hank - R.I.P. Old Boy, thank you for the memories

Gr Nt Ch S&E's Midnite Lite Blue Snow (Co-Owned with my good friend Harry Eidenier) - We had a blast following you ole girl!

Posted by Corey Gruver on 09-24-2022 11:43 PM:

Thanks for explaining! Lots of people have been wondering.

What I wonder is, doesn’t this just give validity that the old format is stronger for deciding who a fourth dog in the final four would be? Instead of trying to have two dog “heads up” casts and a three dog final?

Either way, you never know what COULD happen until it does. Sounds like everything was resolved well!

Posted by B Thompson on 09-25-2022 12:27 AM:

quote:
Originally posted by Corey Gruver
Thanks for explaining! Lots of people have been wondering.

What I wonder is, doesn’t this just give validity that the old format is stronger for deciding who a fourth dog in the final four would be? Instead of trying to have two dog “heads up” casts and a three dog final?

Either way, you never know what COULD happen until it does. Sounds like everything was resolved well!

I never liked the old format. You always have 1 dog at a disadvantage. The solution is as simple as 3 dog cast. Early and have 8 dogs head to head for a final 4.

Posted by jculler8 on 09-25-2022 01:18 PM:

Talking about old and new formats. This “format” here was NEVER discussed prior to casts going out. Unfair. It also changes on a dime. Not fair. Scores of those casts were never posted. Once again, not fair. It should be in black and white, that way EVERYONE has a fair chance to prepare and play the game.

HOME OF

PKC CH GRNITECH GRCH 'PR' OAKS POINT COON BUSTIN' BELLE HTX 2013 UKC Top 100 (May 2006-January 2017)

'PR' OAKS POINT STRIKE-EM OUT BEAU (May 2006-June 2016)

PKC CH NITECH GRCH 'PR' COON BUSTIN' WHITE STUFF

CH 'PR' GOLD RUSH EXPO

'PR' BLACK KNIGHT'S BALU JETTA (May 2013-October 2015)

CH 'PR' CHERRY CREEK XBOX 2016 Treeing Walker Days King of Show