UKC Forums Pages (8): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Show all 188 posts from this thread on one page

UKC Forums (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/index.php)
- UKC Coonhounds (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=4)
-- mixed up junk (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/showthread.php?threadid=928522134)

Posted by trsizemore on 09-11-2019 02:44 AM:

mixed up junk

ukc did not start to register hounds to have them mixed up they were to be pure bred hounds what you knew the blood lines were not mixed up what ever happend to that the race horse guys still are like that plus they do not allow artifical semen wonder why they are not failing

Posted by Brushcreek12ga on 09-11-2019 03:18 AM:

Like what you hunt, hunt what you like. I'll do the same.

Posted by high ridge on 09-11-2019 02:41 PM:

Re: mixed up junk

quote:
Originally posted by trsizemore
ukc did not start to register hounds to have them mixed up they were to be pure bred hounds what you knew the blood lines were not mixed up what ever happend to that the race horse guys still are like that plus they do not allow artifical semen wonder why they are not failing

Ukc might have planned on it being pure but unless you live under a rock you can’t be naive enough to think or know it wasn’t going on for years.
Ukc just said bring it out in public and we let you hunt them. It actually allows wonderful pure breeding more of a chance to be pure
DNA screwed a lot of good breeding programs lol

Posted by GCH Viper on 09-11-2019 03:16 PM:

It would be hard to tell years ago how many times one of these big breeders found a good dog and put a set of their papers on it. Your papers today may say one thing. I'm not nieve enough to think I know EXACTLY where they came from...

Posted by yadkintar on 09-11-2019 03:25 PM:

Unless you enter them in the performance program where you have to dna them nobody will ever know. Many walker breeders had a bird dog on the premises. Those bird dogs could hustle all day long in the heat of summer and could pinpoint a bird from 50 yrds away with accuracy. Wiemeraners bird dogs were mixed with redbones that’s where the Smokey color and natural bob tails come from.

Tar

Posted by Adams, Harold on 09-11-2019 03:56 PM:

$$ They realized there was a lot of money in registering whole litters compared to single registering a few good crossbred...

Posted by Toad Hill on 09-11-2019 04:58 PM:

and Curs been and being put into english !!

* GRNTCH PKC CH SMALL TOWN LONE SURVIVOR "LONER" DNA-VIP
(GRNTCH Cabin Creek Rowdy semen X GRNTCH CH Lonesome Dove Lori)
----- Chilled semen available, 463 million total sperm per collection sent - Quality Documented & Guaranteed as of 11-15-23 -----
-English Days 2020 - 3rd place Fri / High Scoring male & 1st place Sat night
-2021 UKC World TOP 100
-2022 TOC Qualified
-2022 UKC World Qualified
-2023 UKC World Qualified
-2023 PKC World Quarter Finalist TOP 105
- For more on Loner, Go listen to Episode #1 on The Coonhound Collective podcast on Spotify.

* GRNTCH CH LONESOME DOVE LORI ( 2018 UKC World top 25 ) World Qualified 3 years straight [ double bred , 2X WLD CH Eng Fem GRNTCH Backroads Rosie ]

* GRNTCH CH SMALL TOWN BINGO STAR DNA-VIP ( 2019 Winter Classic 2nd place ) [ HOF GRNTCH Wilcox Thunder Bingo X Dual Grand Tree Rockin' Nelly ]
(( Star is the Dam to 2021 Southern Eng Days High Scoring Male & Overall Winner ))

- Live breeding doesn't dictate the future success of a puppy any more than a frozen breeding does.

+ I am the Wretch the song refers to

Posted by Toad Hill on 09-11-2019 05:00 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by Adams, Harold
$$ They realized there was a lot of money in registering whole litters compared to single registering a few good crossbred...

BINGO ! UKC is a Business ... just another avenue for more income.

* GRNTCH PKC CH SMALL TOWN LONE SURVIVOR "LONER" DNA-VIP
(GRNTCH Cabin Creek Rowdy semen X GRNTCH CH Lonesome Dove Lori)
----- Chilled semen available, 463 million total sperm per collection sent - Quality Documented & Guaranteed as of 11-15-23 -----
-English Days 2020 - 3rd place Fri / High Scoring male & 1st place Sat night
-2021 UKC World TOP 100
-2022 TOC Qualified
-2022 UKC World Qualified
-2023 UKC World Qualified
-2023 PKC World Quarter Finalist TOP 105
- For more on Loner, Go listen to Episode #1 on The Coonhound Collective podcast on Spotify.

* GRNTCH CH LONESOME DOVE LORI ( 2018 UKC World top 25 ) World Qualified 3 years straight [ double bred , 2X WLD CH Eng Fem GRNTCH Backroads Rosie ]

* GRNTCH CH SMALL TOWN BINGO STAR DNA-VIP ( 2019 Winter Classic 2nd place ) [ HOF GRNTCH Wilcox Thunder Bingo X Dual Grand Tree Rockin' Nelly ]
(( Star is the Dam to 2021 Southern Eng Days High Scoring Male & Overall Winner ))

- Live breeding doesn't dictate the future success of a puppy any more than a frozen breeding does.

+ I am the Wretch the song refers to

Posted by high ridge on 09-11-2019 05:54 PM:

Surely them dew claws on them English is natural lol
If some only knew what one of the greats was actually out of they would be herding sheep instead of treeing coon and it happened with some of the other greats that people flocked into this area to breed

Posted by yadkintar on 09-11-2019 07:20 PM:

My walker pups have dew claws lol. But I nip them off when they are little.

Tar

Posted by Dave Richards on 09-11-2019 07:54 PM:

"Purebred"

Lol. Just what is purebred? How many actually know what it is and how we define purebred? Yes I know the definition and meaning, but let's just talk for a while. We have several breeds of hounds that were developed from different stocks of dogs, some of these crosses worked and some did not. We made these crosses to better the line or at least to get more of something we wanted in our dogs. We can still better our dogs and get something we want or desire by making crosses outside if the breed.Why is it that we seem shocked or offended to discover that ole blue may have a shot of bird dog in his background if that helped make him a better coondog. I suggest to each of you that you research the history of all the hound breeds and see how they have got to where they are now. Plotts were brought from Germany and don't have the influx of other breeds that the Walkers, Redbones, English and Blueticks have. You may revisit your thoughts on cross breeding. Dave

Posted by bowling on 09-11-2019 08:08 PM:

Surely people aren’t that nieve more than one world ch purebred was part foxhound and he won it more than once

Posted by Dave Richards on 09-11-2019 08:23 PM:

Mr. Bowling

If it works, and IT did, why would anyone object. Foxhound blood was there from the beginning in most of our hound breeds Walkers, English, Redbones , and Blueticks. We put what worked in these breeds and through the years some if this blood has been diluted to the point it's not working anymore and SHOULD be out back in, just saying. Dave

Posted by Cotton 1927 on 09-11-2019 09:06 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by bowling
Surely people aren’t that nieve more than one world ch purebred was part foxhound and he won it more than once
There you have in a nutshell and they came from English fox hounds to boot,if you go back far enough there are no pure bred hounds, just dogs with papers......

Posted by 2ol2hunt on 09-11-2019 09:06 PM:

Most folks get excited to easy.... they're just dogs and you can't change what's already been done on the breeding side of the coonhound world. We have to work with what we have.

Posted by cole run on 09-11-2019 09:46 PM:

There have been more dogs false papered by these jockeys than people think ,I would think the crossbreed would slow that down now that they can be registered and hunted. And for the same reason ukc recognizes the crossbreed its the same reason guys would false paper dogs it’s all about the money

Posted by Ghost14 on 09-11-2019 10:17 PM:

Wasn’t just dog Jockey’s either. I know 2 respected dog men in this part of the country that it was common knowledge if a man needed a set of papers he could go by and buy a set. That’s why I don’t put much faith in papers today because unless the dog comes out of my yard there’s no telling what it has in it!

Posted by Jay Chadwick on 09-11-2019 10:37 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by yadkintar
Wiemeraners bird dogs were mixed with redbones that’s where the Smokey color and natural bob tails come from.

Tar

Weimeraners do not have natural bob tails....jus sayin

Posted by yadkintar on 09-11-2019 10:50 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by Jay Chadwick
Weimeraners do not have natural bob tails....jus sayin

You mean the guy on here with the bob tailed redbone he ? ................... oh my goodness!!!!!!!!

Tar

Posted by Dave Richards on 09-11-2019 11:07 PM:

Dogs

I have never been a dog breeder, but I remember back in the day, when coonhunters bred coondog to coondog regardless of breed. Not all turned out, but some of these crosses worked out great. Just like today, not all the "puebred" crosses work out, some do, some don't. I have all registered dogs, but would own a crossbreds in a minute if it was a coondog. I am amazed at the prices some are getting from the mixed breed house dogs, the so called designer breeds, that we used to give away, called them accidents. Lol. There is not a purebred dog of any breed that's not lacking in something that could be improved by mixing with another breed of dog. We don't have the perfect breed of anything and just remember all breeds are a mix of different breeds as they started out, sometimes the good from a certain mix becomes diluted by the purebred breeding and leaves that breed entirely. We need to recognize this and put it back, don't let the concept of purebred only stop us from bettering a breed. Dave

Posted by Richard Lambert on 09-11-2019 11:10 PM:

Tarbaby, I didn't realize that you and Dave were such experienced breeders. If you were maybe you would know that a bob or missing tail was a naturally occurring mutation of the t box gene.

Posted by yadkintar on 09-11-2019 11:14 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lambert
Tarbaby, I didn't realize that you and Dave were such experienced breeders. If you were maybe you would know that a bob or missing tail was a naturally occurring mutation of the t box gene.

What’s the T for terrier ?

Tarbaby

Posted by CHEWBACH on 09-11-2019 11:15 PM:

probably only a few on hear know where the brindle plot came from. sure lambert knows.

Posted by yadkintar on 09-11-2019 11:25 PM:

Where is Rueben at he should be all over this topic !!

Tar

Posted by AndyMiller on 09-11-2019 11:39 PM:

Mixed

Shetler Sonny Boy
Was a mixed breed
And that’s where the finely river
Dogs started